Atlantic Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2006

We are your Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning specialists providing prompt and professional service in Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson and York County, Virginia. We are preferred contractors for Virginia Natural Gas, Dominion Virginia Power and Newport News Waterworks. LICENSED, BONDED & INSURED. A+ Rated with the BBB....

Advanced Engineering Construction

**** WINNER OF 4 ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARDS**** Advanced Engineering Construction is owned and operated by Phillip Carter, a Civil Engineer. Mr. Carter received his Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with an Emphasis in Construction in 1991. Mr. Carter has been working in Construction and Engineering operations since 1983. AEC holds a Virginia Class A Contractor's License. and has been faithfully serving Tidewater residents since 1994 helping customers solve their Structural, Drainage and Crawl Space Moisture Control Problems. Advanced Engineering is committed to providing honest evaluations and inspections for Home owner's, which has earned them the reputation of being Tidewater's Premier Company for "Your Trusted Second Opinion" They take pride in their work, and they insure that the customer is satisfied with their investment into the current and future condition of their property.

Bert's Well and Pump Service

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to connect with us today!

Shiny Ducts

Shiny Ducts has become a staple of professionalism and quality work in air duct and dryer vent cleaning for years. With 2 years of experience, there is no job too small or too complex for our crew. Call today to schedule an appointment!

Offers by Shiny Ducts  on Angi

01/30/2018

Excellent. The technician was efficient and polite. Price was reasonable for the amount of time spent and removal of old toilet. One of the flanges had broken, so he had to do something as a fix, since I did not want to tear up the floor. Toilet does not wobble so whatever he did worked. Service call was supposed to be between 9 am - 11 am and I got a call at 11:15 that the technician was on his w...

Description of Work
Plumber replaced an old toilet with a new Kohler two-piece that I had purchased.

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, especially our delayed prompt time and courtesy call. We will relay this to our dispatchers to ensure improved communication with all our customers before arrival. Thank you again for placing your trust in us. -[Member Name Removed] Hartman, Owner & Operator

09/20/2017

We've had them to come to our house for thirty years or more. Excellent service. Over the years they've been fair. They respond very quickly. They call to confirm the time of the window when they'll be here.

Description of Work
They replaced and outside faucet on my house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for rating your hose faucet installation with our Plumber, Loic. We will be sure to share this with him. Thanks again - Tom Hartman Owner & Operator

08/08/2017

I've used them for twenty years. They are reliable. They show up. They treat me like I'm a member of the family. When I get in the hospital I get cards from them. When I get sick I get a card from them. On my birthday I get cards from them. They are clean. They are professional looking. I've had a relationship with them for years so what can I say. They are an outstanding group of people.

Description of Work
They fixed some plumbing problems.

Category plumbing

We greatly appreciate your thoughtful compliments and for the "A" Rating. We are happy you are part of the Atlantic family and have been for a long time. We will share this review with Little Dave. We look forward to seeing you soon for your Heating System Inspection. Thank you - Jordan H, Service Associate

07/05/2017

They did a good job. It was expertly done. I couldn’t have done it myself. They were really good at what they were doing. I liked that they could do it right the first time. I was really happy with the contractor recommended by Angie’s List. It wasn't a simple fix. It was hard because the fixture was really old, and was difficult to remove. They had to really torque it with pipe wrenches. I didn't...

Description of Work
I had a plumbing issue. They fixed a leaky spicket.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving us a review of your experience with our Plumbers, Dave W. and Jordan. We are glad you chose us to fix your house faucet and hope you will call us again.

07/05/2017

The charge for it was astronomical. I didn't budget a brand new A/C unit for this house. I am still in limbo. I wasn't ready to commit to them. I just wanted a straight quote. They didn't give me a free estimate. They also wanted $120 upfront and I wasn't really happy with that. I had to track down my initial inspection reports on the issues with the A/C unit. I called them and told them specifica...

Description of Work
I had an issue with my A/C. I didn't commit to it because they were going to charge me for a quote.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for bringing this to our attention. According to our records, you called for an Air Conditioning repair quote and did not schedule a technician to come to your home. We quote $125.00 to provide a diagnostic inspection of your Air Conditioning System using our 29 Point Inspection Report that is recommended by Air Conditioning manufacturers and distributors. The diag...

06/18/2017

You always receive a call to let you know that the technicians are on the way. Services were performed with a high degree of professionalism, and the technicians were very courteous. Although it can be a little pricey, it's well worth it.

Description of Work
I've used this company several times for services ranging from installing pipes to installing a new water heater.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for leaving a review of your experience with us. We are very glad to be your plumbers of choice. If you ever need heating or cooling service, we do that too. Thank you again, Tom Hartman Owner & Operator

03/04/2017

They told me it would cost $6,000 for a new furnace. They did earlier work which I would give them an A on. I would tell someone else to be careful and get a second opinion. He was already in the neighborhood when he stopped by.

Description of Work
I used Atlantic Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to come out and look at my heating and air conditioning system in the middle of winter. They said I needed anti-freeze and that this was the reason it was freezing up outside. Come to find out it was supposed to do that. So they told me I needed a new furnace. They gave me a quote but then I found out it was running normal.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am sorry you misunderstood our technician. As stated in the ticket you signed, "Advised customer that 2000 (manufacture year) American Standard Heat Pump is very low on R-22 Refrigerant. Quoted to add refrigerant, dye and return for leak search." He also provided an estimate to replace the Heat Pump as R-22 Refrigerant is expensive. He provided you options to restore heat to your home. A heat pu...

12/20/2016

I had some problems with the tub being installed. It was not level. They eventually came back and leveled it, but I couldn't use it anyway. It took them over a month to level the tub.

Description of Work
Installed bathtub in the bathroom that was renovated.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

07/30/2016

The technician knew right away that the capacitor was the problem. He had the replacement on his truck. While he was there, he checked a few other things and did a quick tune-up of the system. He was courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
The outside unit of the A/C quit late Saturday evening during a heat wave. I called them early Sunday, they arrived by noon. The problem turned out to be the capacitor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Dave K. or Little Dave. I am happy we could get your ac working again with a capacitor. Please don't hesitate to call if you need any other home comfort service. Thank you, Tom Hartman President, Atlantic Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

07/23/2015

Very timely response to my call of air conditioner out. Updated me on arrival time. Mark quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem and checked the system for other potential issues. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner capacitor, checked system, and flushed drain

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Mr, Thank you for your kind words about Mark and your experience with him on July 20th. Mark replaced a part and ensured the system was operating properly before leaving. We hope your home will stay COOL for you the rest of the summer! Thank you, Jordan H Service Associate

FULL RESIDENTIAL PLUMBING, HEATING & AC. Plumbing: Gas, Water and Sewer Lines, Water Heaters, Toilets, Bathroom/Kitchen/Hose Faucets, Supply and Drain Lines, Garbage Disposals and Water Leak Checks/Repairs. Heating/AC: Service, Repair and Maintenance on all Makes and Models of Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, Gas Package Units, High Efficiency Furnaces, Heat Pump Package Units, Gas and Electric Boiler Systems, Complete System Energy Conversions - Oil to Gas/Electric. Generator Sales and Installation.

Well water systems