Sunrise Shutters

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2009

PO Box 1136

Glen Allen, VA 23060

Sunrise Shutters was built on an intimate knowledge of the window treatment industry. We are committed to providing the highest quality products and delivering first-rate customer service,and invite you to experience the Sunrise Shutters difference. We look forward to servicing your window

01/28/2022

Hariet N.

This company put in auto shades that have never worked. They agreed to fix or replace but now I cannot contact them by phone or fax, mailboxes are full and no answer on fax. I’ve been scammed, don’t let it happen to you. Do NOT use this company.

Description of Work
Faulty shutters fixed

Category window treatments

Good morning [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry if you have had trouble reaching us. I see where you tried calling us 8 times yesterday, but the calls range from only 2 seconds to 8 seconds. That is really strange! We originally installed the three motorized shades for you in 2015. I'm sorry you've had to endure problems with them for so long! I'm going to send you an email regarding replacement of these motorized shades for you. Sincerely, Jamie

11/14/2021

Kathy K.

Tripp came to our home for a free shade consultation. He explained our options and answered questions. We purchased Norman shades, a brand we had never heard of. Shade installation happened in 2 visits. This is because the shades arrived at Sunrise Shutters in 2 shipments a couple weeks apart. Tripp and his colleague installed the shades efficiently. The shades look very nice. It's been several months since the shades were installed and we are very happy with them.

Description of Work
Purchase and install 8 cellular shades for 5 rooms

08/15/2020

Kathleen R.

We planned this before the quarantine hit but the measuring and installation was done during it. Workers were very respectful with distancing and masks. I absolutely love my new blinds. They are so easy to raise and lower with just a touch of my hand. If you’ve ever struggled with cords on blinds before you’ll know what I mean. For an extra $10 they each have a cornice which finishes off the look. I am now proud to walk into my rooms instead of cringing. Jamie is very easy and professional to work with. We love them so much we called him back this month to measure our bedroom windows. This was even my husband’s idea! It’s usually hard to get him to spend money but he was very pleased with the price and the value. I’m so excited about getting these beautiful blinds for our bedroom too.

Description of Work
I needed faux wood blinds for the new windows in my living and dining rooms, and for my bathrooms.

Category house cleaning, window treatments

01/04/2020

Garnett W.

Katrina was great about finding my written estimate a year later! I was delayed in getting back to Sunrise Shutters due to a family illness then death over the year. They are so compassionate and understanding. I was blessed in her courteous care to get my order completed for the New Year! I'm looking forward to having Sunrise do my loft and dining room shutters. I love being able to control the privacy and light in just a touch of the blades. The white is bright and clean. Jamie is sooo... patient in explaining the differences of style and answered my many questions. My daughter just moved and is getting these shutters again in her new home. We are sold ! Best window covering experience ever!

Description of Work
Continued to install more shutters in home. Got an estimate for 2 other rooms when had the master suite installed a year ago- now getting shutters in 2 more rooms

07/09/2019

Sharon C.

We made our order 9 to ten weeks ago when two guys came to our house to measure every window. Well today after the wait (due to custom order) everything paid off big time. Two awesome guys named Justin and Tripp came by at 9:30am and finished around 3:30pm. They were really hard workers , mission focused and down to earth. My wife is the one who decided on the shutters and as a husband, normally I would never do a review...but I am ecstatic about both the finished product and the professionalism of Justin and Tripp. So I did say to them I wanted everyone to know that I appreciated their work ethic. The new shutters totally improved the feel/look of our house. If you are in the market for blinds/shutters then look no farther than Sunrise Shutters.

Description of Work
We needed a combination of shutters/blinds installed on all of the windows in our house and we have a total of 32 windows including a door window and large window in the foyer. So this was a relatively large job. We made our custom order nine weeks prior and just had them installed today.

Category window treatments

Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your business and thank you so much for the kind words and your time to post such a glowing review of Justin and Tripp. I know you'll enjoy your shutters and blinds for years to come!

05/13/2019

Ruth K.

Everything went smoothly from the initial meeting with Jamie to talk about the types of blinds to the final installation. Jamie was very professional, polite and very knowledgeable about the products. The blinds were installed when promised. The quality is very good. I would use Sunrise Shutters again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had new plantation blinds installed - 22 windows.

06/13/2018

Pamela S.

Jamie was awesome to work with. We had shutters and blinds throughout the house. Three years later, my dog chewed a blind and sunrise shutters replaced it for free (twice!)

Description of Work
Shutters and blinds

11/08/2017

Brad A.

It went extremely well, from email, phone and text communication, to the estimate they came out to give us, to the installation, which happened this morning. They're efficient and professional.

Description of Work
They installed shutters for all the windows in our new home.

10/12/2017

Lawrence R.

Installation was excellent. The product, Norman Blinds, is outstanding.

Description of Work
Window blind installation

07/23/2017

Gabriella D.

After a lot of research and several quotes for our blind project, my husband and I decided to hire Sunrise Shutters because they had fantastic reviews and were the most affordable option (they beat our most expensive quote by more than half!). They were very detail oriented and came out quickly for our estimate and measuring, and the blinds arrived about three weeks after they were ordered and were installed one week after they came in. Installation was quick and done perfectly (all 19 windows were installed in about 75 minutes), and the blinds are high quality and durable. They are more light blocking than any wood or faux-wood blinds I have seen before, and go up and down very smoothly. They also have a lifetime warranty. With all of these positives, it was a no-brainer to go with Sunrise Shutters!

Description of Work
Installation of faux-wood blinds on 19 total windows in our home.

03/05/2017

Linda L.

Jamie and his team were always on time, professional and courteous. When the shutters were running behind, there was constant communication so we knew what to expect. The installers were careful, cleaned up and the final result was a beautiful window; which made the room and our home look updated, fresh and lovely. We went with the 3.5" shutter and similar size blinds. It was a hard decision between the 3.5" or 2.5" for a traditional home but we love the larger slats and blinds. Much easier to see out but still affords privacy. Thank you so much!!

Description of Work
Shutters in living room (5); and blinds in kitchen and bedroom.

09/20/2016

Andrew D.

He conducted a very thorough evaluation meeting where we explored all options and did not feel upsold or downsold. Just genuine concern to ensure we were getting what would look best. Installation was scheduled in a timely manner and equally professional. Without question, I recommend highly.

Description of Work
Plantation blinds installed

04/24/2016

Camile K.

I was extremely pleased with the service and professionalism delivered by Sunrise Shutters company. They where on time installation was fast and before the job was completed the owner Jamie made a phone call to ensure that we where pleased with the service. I had blinds that needed to be replaced in four rooms and also had black out blinds installed in one. The black out blinds really does block out all light from outside. I also got door shades installed to my front/back doors. I've only seen these type of shades in Iceland. I REALLY LOVE the overall outlook of them as well. Thank you again Sunrise Shutters I will spread the word and definitely use you all in the future for other window projects.

Description of Work
Installation of blinds in residential home.

03/21/2016

David T.

Came to measure and give an estimate. Came back and hung the blinds. We have used them before to do all te blinds in our den.

Description of Work
Pit up laveleer blinds on french doors

03/10/2016

Sarah T.

I knew exactly what I wanted, and Sunrise Shutters had exactly that at a surprisingly affordable cost. Jamie, the owner, came out himself to show me his product and the wide array of color and room-darkening options. He made the measurements and quoted the price, and I went with it. Jamie is very friendly and easy-going, but serious and knowledgeable about his product. I was expecting to pay quite a bit more for top-down, bottom-up, cordless, honeycomb shades, but he carries a product that keeps the costs down by the way they market the blinds. We made an appointment for installation, and this is where the problem occurred. I never received a confirmation call the day before, so I called the morning of the expected installation and had to leave a vm, not once but twice, with calls spaced about an hour apart. When Jamie's mom who runs the office finally called back, it was to very politely and professionally and sorrowfully inform me that due to the blizzard, the delivery of the blinds from the factory was running behind and we needed to reschedule. While I was waiting for the call-back, I re-read their reviews and discovered that their communication is a prevalent problem, so I hope they'll rectify that, b/c they are just the most delightful people to work with, and I love their product. After we rescheduled at least once more, Jamie's business partner, JD arrived as scheduled, with plenty of communications about his projected arrival time, to install the blinds. Once again, another super friendly encounter: JD was affable and efficient and was in and out in no time. I would definitely call them again and I would definitely recommend their product, work ethic, and friendliness to others!

Description of Work
Installed insulating, honeycomb, top-down, bottom-up shades on 9 windows

02/19/2016

Anne R.

Jamie was very personable, informative and professional. I liked how two bids were calculated which helped me make the best decision for my needs. Installation was well done and the products are of excellent quality. I love how everything looks! The only negative was how difficult they are to reach by phone. Jamie explained they were working on that. It was a good reason for the company...it's because they have so many customers! So, I hope they've worked that out. I have recommended Sunrise to friends and will use them again when needed.

Description of Work
Discussed options for shutters on the first floor and shades on the second floor of my condo.

12/28/2015

Jody B.

Once we got an estimate it took a long time to hear back and place the order. The owner apologized for the delay . Once the blinds came in they were very prompt and installed perfectly.

Description of Work
Hung wooden 2 1/2 inch window blinds in all our windows

12/18/2015

Ashish D.

went well. very professional. We couldn't have been more pleased, could have been good if they can improve their communication otherwise very nice folks

Description of Work
installed blinds on all windows

12/01/2015

Carol C.

He is very professional. Does a great job, and his blinds and prices are great.

Description of Work
He installed custom blinds in my Midlothian, Va home, as well as my Virginia Beach house.

11/28/2015

Paul H.

They did an excellent jobs and at a very reasonable price. Plus, they had installed plantation shutters in our daughter's house and did an excellent job for her as well. And, we recommend then and would use them again. Very nice family business and customer service.

Description of Work
They installed mini-blinds & cellular shades for the entire house.

11/16/2015

Keith W.

Takes a little while to get them ordered and to arrive but they keep you advised of a realistic time line and they install team is great.

Description of Work
Blinds in bedrooms and den...liked them so much we came back and reordered café shutter for the living room and kitchen. A couple more projects upcoming and they will get the call

11/05/2015

Christine F.

The quote and installation process went very smoothly and they were very professional and nice to work with

Description of Work
Installed blinds in new construction home

09/29/2015

Sree D.

Service provider informed us that if there were any problems in future for the blinds they installed to give him a call. We had 1 window blind that was broken. They apologized and eventually came out a few months later to resolve the issue

Description of Work
Installed Blinds for Windows and French Doors throughout house.

08/11/2015

Matthew B.

The initial contact was very smooth, scheduling an appointment was quick and convenient, and the representative arrived just about when expected. The only complaint I have here is that I was incorrectly told they didn't offer a particular style of shade, when, after speaking with Jamie, it turned out they do. There was a little delay in the responses I received, and some back and forth was required to get my order exactly the way I wanted, but better that than to get something I wasn't happy with. After getting the order just right the blinds and shades took about two weeks to come in, exactly as I was told. The installers ran late on their jobs earlier in the day, so arrived about two hours late, but they did call to let me know about their delay. Once they arrived they were done in a bit less than an hour (about 20 blinds/shades were installed). Overall I'm happy with the outcome, feel the price was reasonable, and would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed blinds and shades throughtout my home.

07/05/2015

Mary E.

The gentleman who came to our house was very nice and informative. He was 10 minutes early and apologized for being early. He was extremely professional. They stated it would take approximately 2 weeks to come in, but they never called us to let us know it would not be 3 weeks. We called them, and they said 'oh yes, they are here. We can come by next week." We did not have any blinds and were using towels in our windows for privacy, so we were eager to get them. Anyway, they came the following week, about 30 minutes late, but did the job in less than a hour and cleaned up their mess. We would definitely recommend them, especially because of the lifetime warranty on the blinds and the selection they offered.

Description of Work
They provided approximately 20 white blinds to our house.