Leo Lantz Construction Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2008

11662 Greenwood Road

Glen Allen, VA 23059

We take a unique approach to every project, but treat each home as if it were our own with quality, care, and creativity. For years our innovative and functional Bathroom and Kitchen remodeling projects have shaped the Henrico, Glen Allen, Midlothian and Richmond, Virginia areas. We specialize in remodeling older homes, using a precision approach that seamlessly blends the new and old....

08/10/2017

DIANNE B.

Leo and his team are great! Leo guided us through the whole process. Kimberly is awesome at scheduling, answering any questions promptly, and keeping everything on track. All the workmen are professional and courteous. Before leaving each day, they cleaned up and generally made our lives as easy as possible. The finished work is beautiful -- we love our new bathrooms. Thanks, Leo and team.

Description of Work
Two bathrooms renovated, baseboard heaters removed, bathrooms and master bedroom painted (walls and trim). We also had a crack in our living room ceiling repaired.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to assisting you with your next projects.

08/02/2016

Martha L.

Their estimator came out and looked. His comment was "you do realize we're expensive and you're looking at a starting price of 21,000 for each bathroom". I replied - Yes. However to this day have never received their estimate.

Description of Work
I needed 2 bathrooms re-done from the studs out.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review. We do not agree with your recollection of our representative as this review was posted almost two years after the sales appointment. Expensive is a relative term and our sales staff do not use it in their sales process. We hope your projects were completed successfully.

02/09/2016

Jayne S.

The estimate was so high it was almost insulting. If the job was too small for them, it would have been more professional to just say so, not waste my time. Very disappointed. BTW, the verbal estimate was 70%-100% higher than the other estimates I got. I had wanted 3 estimates to compare and was looking for the best quality at the best price, not the cheapest price. I couldn't even get them to give me an actual estimate, as I had to send pictures to see if they would even bother to come out to give me a real estimate. Please note no services were performed. I cannot comment on the quality of work only on the poor attitude and lack of professionalism. This company's work may be excellent if you can get them interested.

Description of Work
I requested an estimate for removal and reinstallation of tile for a small master bathroom. I was also hoping to get a back splash in my kitchen. When I was contacted, Kimberly didn't sound very interested and told me to send pictures. I had to send a follow up email to get acknowledgment of receipt and if they would even agree to provide an estimate.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review. However, we totally disagree with your assessment. We provided a general ballpark range for your remodel project given that you did not provide any fixture or tile selection specifications within seven days of initial contact. You were provided a general ballpark estimate given the fact that we have a two month field appointment backlog.

11/05/2015

Christine F.

Leo and his electrician, Pasha were both very pleasant and professional. Kimberly who works in the office and does the quotes and scheduling was also very nice and easy to work with. They were fast and did a great job. I will only work with LeoLantz for any future projects. They remodeled my kitchen and bathroom in my last house and did an awesome job too.

Description of Work
I worked with Leo and his electrician to get a chandelier moved from a coffered ceiling and to do some basic electrical work.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

08/23/2015

Dan F.

Leo Lantz Construction remodeled our master bath 3 1/2 years ago, like all renovation projects there were a couple of minor issues, but Leo and his crew were very responsive and professional, in resolving them. Because of their quality workmanship our master bath still looks brand new, three and a half years later. I would defiantly use them again. .

Description of Work
Master bath renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We are happy to hear that you are still enjoying your new bathroom.

10/07/2014

William H.

Leo and his crew were always courteous, extremely knowledgeable, hard working and willing to go the extra mile. They worked closely with us throughout the 2 projects giving us the guidance and advice we needed. The results were fantastic. We will use them for our next renovations.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of bathroom and kitchen

09/15/2014

Adam L.

They did a great job. The job was done well. I have them top marks in all but price. In that category I gave them a "B" as they beat Home Depot, but not by much.We plan to have them do additional work for us in the future.

Description of Work
They replaced the carpet and the quarter round.

Category contractors, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We look forward to assisting you with additional projects.

07/10/2014

Susie F.

I called Leo Lantz to bid on a project in my home. 3 bathrooms, a laundry room and an office (which would be turned into a large pantry). On our first scheduled meeting I sat at home waiting as we passed the scheduled time for 30 minutes before I called to find out where he was. Only to find he had to cancel due to an injury. He told me he sent an email a couple hours earlier, except it was to my work email, of which I did not see, because I was home for the appointment. So we scheduled a new time. During that time, John was wonderful. He was knowledgable and has some great ideas. He said he would have the estimate in 2 weeks. At that time he pushed it out another week and asked that I come to the showroom to pick out options so that he could complete the estimate. We set the appointment. When I showed up, no one was there. I called 3 times and left messages, while I sat there and waited. Finally after 30 minutes, I gave up and left. No one ever called me back afterwards. Waste of time

Description of Work
Multiple bathrooms renovations

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review. We do apologize for needing to cancel your appointment with John due to his herniated disc. However, we do not have any record of a showroom appointment for you. Contact numbers are clearly displayed on the showroom door for both John and Leo. We did not receive a call from you when you were at the showroom. Sorry that we missed you. We did provide ballpark figures for your project as a starting point. We wish you success with your remodeling project.

06/12/2014

robert J.

Leo is very professional without being uppity. He is really a nice guy. His crew is friendly ,and the quality of their work is outstanding. Leo checks everything they do, and makes sure everything is done right the first time. He is kinda like the architect Frank Lloyd Wright in the way he makes sure every detail is perfect- even to aligning the screws in the wall plates to go a certain way. I highly recommend Leo. Also, my wife says he is easy on the eyes!!!!

Description of Work
completely remodeled the kitchen, utility room, and downstairs half bath.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. It was a pleasure working with you and hope you are still enjoying your incredible kitchen transformation. It's amazing what Photoshop can do... LOL

05/30/2014

JAMES S.

We could not have been more pleased with the whole project from design to finished product. John was our primary contact and project manager. He kept us informed of the entire schedule. He went with us to pick out tile and shower hardware and helped us select what we needed. He was there supervising on a regular basis. John was always available by phone, email or text to answer questions that we might have. All the workers cleaned up each night including vacuuming an adjacent bedroom with dark carpeting. Other than the fact we could not use that bathroom for several weeks, there was little inconvenience. We would highly recommend Leo Lantz Construction.

Description of Work
Helped us design a new shower, removed a whirlpool tub and wall tile, repaired damaged flooring under the tub, reworked the plumbing, added a waterproof membrane, built a ceramic tile stall shower with corner bench and glass doors, replaced the faucets on a double sink, and painted the bathroom including closet interior and under sink cabinet

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for the positive report. It was a pleasure to work with you.

04/27/2014

Bridgett H.

They removed a wall and then drywalled over where it had met the ceiling and walls. The only issue that I had is that it took a while because they had to work other jobs in so I had equipment in my kitchen for more than a week. When they were finished there were pencil marks all over my ceiling and the trim they had removed had cracked and had nail holes all over it.

Description of Work
They removed a wall between the kitchen and family room. It looks great.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. Unfortunately, we were not contracted to perform any painting services. Nail hole filling and caulking would have been addressed with that service. Slightly over a week is an accurate time frame for your wall removal project.

04/15/2014

Edward S.

It went very well, Leo is the most considerate contractor that we've ever worked with - we were without a kitchen for weeks, Leo did everything he could to minimize the construction duration, dust, etc.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation, demo, tile floors, electrical, hvac, plumbing, granite, coordination. Price excludes cabinets, floors, faucets/fixtures, appliances.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We are looking forward to tackling that master bathroom remodeling project next!

04/12/2014

Synthia S.

Person was on time and work was excellent.

Description of Work
Someone replaced boards on the front of my house before my house was painted.

Category siding

Thank you for the positive report. This work was performed in March 2011.

04/09/2014

bill W.

They remodeled our bathroom and put in new cabinets and I felt they did a good job. They where personable, straightforward and on time. I would use and recommend Leo Lantz again.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel and cabinets

Category carpet installation, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report.

03/26/2014

Daniel S.

It was incredibly easy to coordinate a job with them as a landlord needing to operate from a state away. They did a great job on the replacing an old ceiling that had collapsed due to ancient faulty plumbing, including the installation of a new light fixture that was shorted out from leaking water. and were very professional to my tenants and myself. They charge very fair prices for their work, I highly recommend them. Also, I recently contacted them regarding another job I requested. Their company seems to have grown to doing larger jobs, but they were very respectful of my request and emailed me recommendations of other companies and handymen who would do a great job for what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced a ceiling that collapsed due to faulty plumbing.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We were happy to assist you and be able to refer you to other professionals for your service needs.

03/23/2014

Margaret S.

As mentioned above, we didn't have Mr. Lantz do the work for us, but we were impressed with his professionalism and knowledge when we spoke with him. Would work with him in the future.

Description of Work
We checked with several contractors to do a rather large job--kitchen makeover plus painting for several rooms. We decided on another contractor, but in retrospect, wish we had gone with Leo Lantz. He was professional, gave a good estimate, and I believe would have been much less expensive than the company we went with. If I need another contractor, I will try Mr. Lan

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We're sorry to hear that things did not go so well with the other contractor. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

03/19/2014

Claudia C.

I don't understand why but the provider never contacted us after coming to our home at our request for an estimate. We had even stopped by their showroom to meet with them (they weren't present at the time) and had also called them multiple times. The project manager never called us back. I guess that it was their loss because we ended up awarding about $100,000 of business to a different contractor.

Description of Work
Provider was contacted to discuss a potential kitchen remodel as well as a new sunroom addition to our home.

Category home remodeling, sunrooms

Thank you for your review. However, we have never had any contact with this person. Our cell phone numbers are posted on our showroom door should anyone stop by while we are out. We are glad that you were able to locate another professional to assist you with your project.

03/04/2014

Zachery S.

Contacted Leo Lantz Construction in the fall of 2013 and asked if they could come and review my proposed kitchen and bathroom project with me and provide a bid/estimate for the job. Shortly after contacting Leo Lantz Construction, John Norman called me and we set up an appointment for John to come by the house. John spent a good hour or more with me, going over the entire project. To this point the experience was very positive and John brought up several good points. At the end of the meeting John stated he would be happy to complete the project and said he would need a few days to crunch the numbers and get me an estimate. After about a week I emailed John and asked him if he needed anymore information to complete his estimate. John replied the next day and said he was still working on it and hoped to be finished within a couple of days. Another 10 days went by and I again sent an email to John asking for an update. To this correspondence there was no reply. Three more weeks went by and I sent a final email asking if I should still be expecting an estimate from John and Leo Lantz Construction. Again no reply. I went with a different contractor.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel and bathroom expansion/remodel.

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Thank you for your review. We met with the new home owner to review their project scope and expectations. Upon reviewing the scope and budget for the project we respectfully declined to bid on the project on November 8, 2013. We are glad that you were able to find another professional to meet your home improvement needs.

03/03/2014

Pamela J.

We received a phone call from a representative of the company in response to our voice message expressing interest in discussing a renovation of our Master Bathroom and updating of our kitchen cabinets and new flooring. He asked for our address and said he would call back shortly. When the gentleman called back he stated we were out of their area and they weren't interested in the work. I find this quite disappointing and very interesting since their address and ours is a distance of only about 22 miles. Other contractors who have been working with us are from a longer distance. We figure they just didn't need the work that badly.

Description of Work
No work was provided based on the distance between our addresses; the company declined the work.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your review. We returned your call expediently. You are located outside of our service area. Your home is a one hour plus round trip drive from our office. We hope that you were able to find a local professional to assist you with your project.

02/25/2014

Barbara U.

It was good. The price was medium. They did good work. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I used Leo Lantz Construction for kitchen remodeling.

02/07/2014

Elizabeth L.

We are very pleased with our new kitchen. The only area I marked as less than an A was punctuality - but really it was communication of when to expect workers. When contacted about this issue, Leo was responsive immediately and took care of it.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen renovation.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. We look forward to your next project.

02/03/2014

LANCE B.

They did a lot for me. The contractor was responsive and helpful. He was easy to work with. They were reasonable. I did not like the painting sub-contractor. They created a big mess and did not clean up. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
Leo Lantz Construction Incorporated installed hardwood floors, removed popcorn ceilings and painted. They installed carpet.

Category remodeling

Thank you for the positive report. These services were performed over two years prior to this review. This project required removing the texture from all the popcorn ceilings. It is inherently a messy job. We returned to clean up the residual debris. We also installed new hardwood flooring for this customer.

02/01/2014

Jennifer P.

Leo was great. He was professional and clearly knows his stuff. He also is very honest. He could have recommended an expensive intervention, but instead suggested that the problem was probably weather-related and would take care of itself. When we need work done in the future, we will definitely contact Leo.

Description of Work
We contacted Leo to discuss a concern about our bathroom floor on a Saturday morning. He called us back promptly and asked that we send him photos of the floor. After seeing the pictures, he got back in touch to give us his recommendation.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for the positive report.

01/19/2014

Sue A.

I did not use this provider.

Description of Work
I did not use this provider.

Category home remodeling

Unfortunately, Leo Lantz Construction did not start operating until 2006. A retraction and/or removal of this review would be greatly appreciated.

01/16/2014

Kelly A.

Leo and his staff were terrific in the process of replacing are vanity tops. They walked us through different options we had for are bathroom. The process with Leo Lantz Construction was very pleasant and stress free. I would definitely use them in the future. The bathroom turned out great.

Description of Work
I used Leo Lantz Construction for the replacement of my vanity tops.

Category home remodeling

Unfortunately, this person was not our client. However, thanks for the positive report. Please issue a retraction for this review.