Buff & Coat

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2012

Buff & Coat restores the luster and beauty to household and commercial hardwood floors. Our unique process brings back the beauty to finished floors while protecting them for years. You can leave for work in the morning and return to finished floors that evening; dustless, odorless, and done in one day....

1 Man and a Bucket LLC

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! Must see property before we can offer a quote!

The Arts of Cleaning

Specializing in housecleaning! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Erskin's Tile

Erskin's Tile specializes in all types of tile installations, bathroom remodeling, and tile/grout restoration. Free estimates. Call 804-997-6056 or email us at service@erskinstile.com. I am a local Richmonder of 40 plus years and have been in business since 2007 with over 20 years experience. Our professional and courteous in house team members are experts in bath remodels, natural stones, glass tiles, ceramic tiles, laminate, luxury vinyl tiles, etc. We assure warranted, long lasting works of art because the right way is the only way. Great customer satisfaction with complete communication knowing that word of mouth speaks for itself. We also have extended business hours to better serve you. Thank you! Have a great day, and we look forward to hearing from you!

08/18/2021

My wife and I bought our first home this past year, and we decided to get the inside painted and the hardwood floors refinished before we moved in. We made sure to let Buff and Coat know that we had just gotten the inside of the house painted before they started their work on the floors. While the hardwood floors looked great after their work, we entered the house to find that the freshly painted trim was very damaged throughout the house--in 7 rooms to be exact. There were gouges in the woodwork, and the paint had been partially peeled off along almost every wall. We immediately contacted the owner, but they were unwilling to reimburse for the cost to repaint the trim. He offered to have one of his guys fix the issue, however, I declined as they are not painters, and I did not want another poor job to be done. To get the damage that they caused repaired it cost us another $800. As a result, we were not pleased with this company and cannot recommend others to use them.

Description of Work
Floor Refinishing

Category floor cleaning

10/11/2017

The process and the work went exceptionally well. Buff and Coat came and estimated the entire job (upstairs and down) and was willing to break it into two separate jobs, the price not conditional on having both done at the same time. The work was scheduled for less than two weeks out. The crew started on Monday and sanded and stained the stairs, risers, dining room, and living room. As the floors were not dry enough for the first coat of oil-based poly on Tuesday, the first coat went on Wednesday, and the second coat and the shoe molding were completed on Thursday. I was able to walk on the floors on Friday. Everyone who has seen the redone floors is impressed with the way they look and the quality of the work. I look forward to having the upstairs done after the first of the year. The cost included nine risers, eight treads, removing old shoe molding and new shoe molding with staining and finishing, nearly three hundred fifty square feet of flooring, and taxes.

Description of Work
I was looking to have hardwood floors stained and refinished after nearly fifty years of use. The area was the dining room, living room, and stairs/risers. I chose to postpone the three upstairs bedrooms until next year. I wanted the floor color to closely match the stained hardwood floor I put in my kitchen when I remodeled it the previous year. I needed a hard sanding and all the shoe molding replaced.

08/28/2017

We didn't fully understand what was going to be done, so it ended up being a mess. Because, they put down poly euro-thane and we had to leave the house for 24 hours. I just talked to the salesman and then when the guy came to do it he said this is what is going to happen, so a little bit of miscommunication. It's okay, it got done. The work was really good. The price was fine. I don't know if I'd use them again in the future. I'd look around for someone else too, but I'd consider using them again.

Description of Work
Redid a floor. Buffed floor and coated it.

08/23/2017

The work went as expected. They were very responsive and punctual. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of main steps from first to second floor. The steps had carpet runners that once removed left nail marks. Buff and coat smoothed out the finish and re-sealed with a matching stain.

08/11/2017

It was perfect. They did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
They installed hardwood floors in the den, master closet, and an open hallway. They also sanded all of my hardwood floors, stained them, and polyurethaned them twice.

12/24/2016

We were at the beach and our neighbor let them in and out to do the work. They also moved all the furniture before doing the work and back after the floor dried a week later. My floors look better than they did new when we moved in 11 years ago. The floors are absolutely beautiful. The gentlemen were responsive,professional and helpful. First class outfit!

Description of Work
Due to sun fading, they sanded, buffed and coated my whole downstairs, which is all hardwood.

Category floor cleaning

10/28/2016

They were very helpful with determining the best solution for the floors. We overpaid and they issued the refund promptly and without trouble. They came back and touched up a couple of spots.

Description of Work
They sanded and refinished my hardwood floors.

09/12/2016

Very smoothly. They were easy to work with and did good quality work.

Description of Work
Hard wood floors refinished

07/25/2016

1) Buff and Coat did not tell us that they used a contractor by the name of Michael Atkinson to do the work. I hired Buff && Coat, not some other company I had no knowledge of. 2) we scheduled the work for 8am and I received a call at 7:40am the morning of stating that they wouldn't arrive until 1pm (5 hrs late). This caused me to miss critical work meetings. 3) They said they would return to do the second coat on Thur, then I received a call that they needed to come Wed night, which caused me to reschedule critical work meetings and I was not able to assess whether the floors were dry enough for the 2nd coat. This is because the contractor was working on other jobs and could not return when we agreed to and I planned my day around. Poor customer service. 4) There are several places on the floors that did not restore well at all and I had to ask a few times to address those areas. I assume they cant be restored but I cant tell what's true at this point. 5) I asked 3 times to remove ALL of the nails and staples from the stair risers and was told they would be removed, but they never were. Then I was told that that cost more, but was never told that they remove staples from the floor but not the stairs. When I addressed this situation I was lectured by Michael Atkinson and the owner of Buff & Coat. 6) Michael Atkinson told me he would meet me at the house on Friday to review the floors and add a 3rd coat (himself) if needed, but sent the same crew whom I complained about not doing what that said they would do in the first place. 6) After lying several times about when they were going to do something and that he was going to show up to review the work, Michael Atkinson wrote several rude texts to me as though he was the customer. 7) on Sunday evening Michael Atkinson states that he's now back from vacation and wants to review the floors, which means he never could have come by on Friday morning as he stated and I took time from the office to meet him. 8) after a week of lies and misrepresentations, my 77 year old Mom will move back into her house with some of the work still not done to the proper standard. I write this review as someone who has custom built 4 homes and refinished floors 3 times.

Description of Work
My Mom needed her hardwood floors refinished after a recent storm caused here carpet to be damaged. So the plan was to remove the carpet and restore the 60 year old hardwood to it's original luster. It's small home so the sq. footage that needed refinishing is small (Living room, Dining room, Hallway and Stairs).

Category hardwood floor

This guy is just miserable with his life and gets his kicks by just writing bad reviews on websites. None of this is true. His mother was perfectly fine with everything from the start. Even his own mother was complaining about her son's emotional issues to us. I feel sorry for him. Hopefully, somehow he can find some happiness instead of the miserableness he puts himself through every day. His own mother is hoping he can find the help he needs.

05/05/2016

Talk about easy transactions! Dave Emmerling, owner, came out to give me a proposal. His knowledge was very apparent, and he offered options, complete with telling us what would _not_ make any difference in how the floor would look at the end. We set up a date, and his people showed up on time, got to it, and got the job done. We had extensive pet damage (both dog and cat varieties) as well as water damage. If you looked at the floor post-Buff & Coat, you would never know it. We've dealt with multiple companies as we prepared our house to go on the market; Dave and his folks were among the most straightforward and easy to deal with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Complete deep sanding, repair and refinishing of 3000+ SF hardwood floors

Buff & Coat