DAVE'S CUSTOM PAINTING

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2008

Dave's Custom Painting is an Owner Operated small business serving the Northern VA area for the last 15 years. All work is performed custom by Dave, himself, and one or two other assistants. We provide FREE ESTIMATES and offer a 5% discount to Angie's List Members....

Davis Handyman Co

Interior/exterior painting, drywall repair, electrical and home repairs. https://davishandymanco.com/

Flood Crew LLC

*24 Hours Emergency Service Response Call 571-332-3890* Flood Crew works with all insurance carriers and offers a Free Infrared Inspection* Throughout our history we have developed superior technology and processes with one goal in mind – a healthy indoor environment! We are the choice for many homeowners, realtors and businesses. Flood Crew is a full cleaning & restoration company based out of Sterling, Va since 2008. We believe in providing top notch service when you need us most. You can be assured that every job is done with the highest of skills. Serving Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. Call our office at 571-332-3890

Offers by Flood Crew LLC on Angi
Falcon Homes LLC

Our goal at Falcon Homes, LLC is to provide our clients with the best possible solutions for their home’s exterior needs; specializing in windows, doors, and roofing. We are an independent, veteran owned, fully licensed and insured contractor with over 25 combined years in the home remodeling industry. We take pride in our work, and representing our clients and their homes as if they were our own.

10/17/2021

Bruce J.

We have a stone and log sided chalet home with a detached two car garage and matching wooden shed. The property is a decade old. We hired Dave’s Custom Painting to spray wash, re-caulk all windows, doors and corner seams of the house and to stain the house and deck as well as paint the double garage door and breezeway entrance to the garage. Dave Foster and his co-worker, James did a fantastic job of making a ten year old home and deck look like new. Every aspect of the job from spray washing, caulking, taping off all windows and stone was done with care in preparing all the exterior logs and deck boards for re-staining. In addition, part of the prep work involved replacing a half dozen rotting deck boards, which we supplied, and Dave and James undertook the needed repairs. They cleaned up and left the property looking brand new. We would highly recommend Dave’s Custom Painting without hesitation. Dave and James made our property look amazing.

Description of Work
Spray wash, re-caulk, re-stain and paint

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

04/21/2018

Beth S.

Need a painter? Look no further. This company far exceeded my expectations. Dave and his crew are very professional and detail oriented. I'm so pleased with the restoration of my deck and weathered front door.

Description of Work
Power was and restore deck and exterior front door

Category decks,house painters

07/27/2015

Richard L.

Excellent job. Surpassed our expectations. Dave and his crew are truly professionals. Our home now looks better on the outside than when it was new in April of 2000. Dave did such a great job that we are now hiring him to complete the interior of our home to give it a custom look. Biggest difference between Dave and other painters is his attention to detail and the personal pride he takes in his work. Most highly recommended. Will never call another painter.

Description of Work
Painted and stained entire outside of house, decks and rails. Painted (2) bathrooms & (1) bedroom inside.

Category deck cleaning,house painters,interior painters

09/20/2014

Dayna S.

I had to force myself not to write a review until the end of our project. We had been looking for a qualified contractor for four years to redo our 104 year old foursquare. From the moment I called and spoke with Dave's wife, who runs the office, I was impressed. Carrie was very informative and courteous. Dave contacted me that same day and came for a quote promptly. After walking the property and discussing options and materials we had decided to go with Dave pretty quickly. Dave began that same week and brought Adam with him who was very professional and responsive. I can not express how hard they worked to prep our home after years of weather and age. That was a lot of work! Dave and his small crew of one, worked like they had a team with them. They were on time every morning, excited and ready to go. They caulked, scraped and sanded areas that looked, when finished, like brand new boards. The painting was very clean and the lines were sharp. Dave with the help of his chosen trusted professionals he works with turned our vision into reality. We could not be more pleased and would tell anyone to use Dave if they are considering interior or exterior painting. This was not an easy job and it took someone with Dave's years of experience and love for the job to get it done right. Great job!

Description of Work
Removed chipped and pealing paint and repainted old metal roof. Removed old paint and prepped for repainting of overhangs and porch, columns and shutters. Repainted entire exterior of home.

Category decks,roofing,house painters

07/30/2014

Edward T.

We had flood damage to our basement. I called Dave to assess to the need for repainting. He came the same day to provide an estimate and was able to begin work within two days. Dave's estimate was in the middle range in terms of price so based on that and his friendly and professional demeanor, I decided to give him a try. I have not been disappointed. The finished work far exceeds my expectations. During the project Dave and his crew were always very neat and respectful of our very busy home. He always showed up when he said he would and even came back after new carpet was installed to repair the scratches and scuffs that popped up. I highly recommend him for any painting project.

Description of Work
Interior painting of multiple rooms

Category house painters

09/30/2013

deidra D.

I was disappointed that he did not make an appt to see my house.

Description of Work
The provider returned my call and provided me a quote over the phone for a standard house. I had hoped he would come to see my house in order to give me an estimate.

Category pressure washing,house painters

06/04/2013

Tim A.

The guys from Dave's Custom Painting were very friendly.

Description of Work
I asked Dave's Custom Painting to give me an estimate for a painting job.

Category house painters

09/30/2011

Alan S.

Completed job went extremely well. Dave even went the extra mile to bring a Sherwin Williams rep to the house to advise him on the best paints for the various jobs. This is third time we have had Dave paint for us and would always consider him first. He always aims to please and over delivers in his work, going above and beyond what would be normally expected.

Description of Work
We contacted Dave Foster's Custom Painting to give us an estimate for painting four bedrooms with custom colors and contrasting trim and moldings, and three bathrooms including the placing of wallpaper trim in three of the rooms as well as redoing our outside decks, touch up spots on the house and foundation. Dave's estimate, which included power washing of the decks and exterior surfaces requiring touch up painting, was more than fair and his work ethic has always been excellent.

Category pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

08/27/2011

Dwayne B.

Dave's Custom Painting was contacted for a price to change three rotted post on my back deck. I had intended to change the decking out myself. When Dave arrived, on time, to look the project over he told me he could make the whole thing look as good as new without the added expense of changing out the deck boards since none of the board were rotten. To say I was skeptical would be putting it mildly. Before he left we agreed on a price for him to power wash the house, scrape and paint the back deck and front porch, paint the house foundation, and the original project of replacing the deck posts. Later we added painting all the door facings. With the scope of work well defined Dave began to work his magic. He was on time and completed each step of the project as promised while checking each day to see if we were happy with his work. Anything brought up was quickly and professionally addresses. Dave is a contractor that gives you the feeling that he is working on his own house. Everything must, and will be perfect when completed. As long as Dave is in business and I am in the area, he is my only choice for such work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten deck post Sprayed cleaning solution on deck, porch and house Power washed everything Scraped, primed deck, porch and railings Oil Based primed all wood Finished coated all wooden surfaces Painted house foundation

Category pressure washing,house painters

04/25/2008

Robert H.

Dave and Carrie were very quick to give an estimate of $4000 which was in the ballpark, but a bit high (other quotes were $3000 and $3500). It was an exterior job, so it took a little bit of time to get the right weather, etc. but Dave and his brother got it done in about 2 weeks. It seems to be a good job, but we have had a problem getting him back to fix a couple of leaks under warranty (see below). We didn't think about the paint chips that the power washing generated. It would have been nice to have put down tarps to catch the chips. He also dumped unused paint down the driveway without asking. Both of these were annoying, but not show stoppers. However, the worst part has been getting him to come back to fix two places on the roof where he caused leaks. It's been three weeks and he refuses to even return my phone calls. If I had a major problem, I'd probably be spending a lot more money, on lawyers and/or contractors to fix any issue that comes up.

Description of Work
The roof on the house is metal and original from 1917, according to the last owner. Dave's Custom Painting power washed, primed and painted the roof in about two weeks. His statement of work included a two year warranty.

Category roofing,pressure washing,house painters

We offer all Painting services to include: Interior & Exterior, Pressure Washing, Cedar Siding Stain, Concrete/Epoxy Finishes, Barn and Roof Painting, Fence Stain/Paint, Driveway Sealing, Wallpaper Removal, and Exterior Holiday Decorating

Wallpaper Hanging