Thurber Engineering and Land Surveying

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2009

We are a husband and wife engineering and land surveying comapny. Both principles are very hands on and perform the majority of the work required to fulfill the obligations to the client. Please be aware we do ask for deposits. The amount varies but usually amounts to 40 to 50 percent of the total job. Being that most jobs are less than $300.00 the deposit covers direct expenses associated with the completion of a portion of the project. Direct expenses are fuel, materials, labor cost, and equipment maintenance. By requiring deposits we can keep our fees low. Although we are located in Fredericksburg, the majority of our work is in Northern Virginia. We do want you to know that our fees are not increased because of distance so you need not fear that you are paying any fuel surcharges. Many contractors will tell you that if a bid for work seems too low that you may want to avoid that business. That is not always true and here is why. We sell a service, not a product. Our service is worth what we agree upon as a fair fee. Quality of service is not sacrificed because a fee is less than another provider. The service is identical to the provider that wants twice as much as we ask for. Land Surveyors are required by State Regulatory mandates to provide specific actions to accomplish specific tasks regardless of fees charged. Additional Service Areas: Fairfax, Fauquier, Frederick, Loudoun, Prince Williams, & Portions of Prince George Counties. ...

Landmark-Fleet Surveyors

Landmark-Fleet Surveyors

Bringing over 35 years of experience, Landmark-Fleet is a modern land surveying firm comprised of highly qualified and well-experienced surveyors, CADD technicians, and support personnel. We utilize trained field survey crews, fully equipped with the latest electronic data collection equipment.

04/25/2019

Responded to request for quote during the weekend, scheduled a Monday afternoon appointment. Didn't require me to be home. A team of two, including Mr. Thurber, showed up on-time and performed the work within an hour, locating all property boundaries and taking all needed measurements. By Wednesday I had the updated PLAT for my county permitting.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Updated Survey and PLAT

09/11/2017

Survey was completed, and although I am in a flood zone the house elevation puts it at a lower risk. Survey submitted to insurers and insurance cost was reduced. Well worth the cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed an elevation survey to help offset flood insurance costs.

09/05/2017

Mr. Thurber promptly responded to my email inquiry. He provided a quote 2 days later which we accepted. The work was scheduled to be done the following Tuesday. He arrived promptly and explained exactly what he was doing. There were some issues with the boundaries that required him to do some research. He said he would be back the following Monday. He returned on Monday and completed the survey. T...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed our property surveyed and the boundaries marked in order to have a privacy fence installed.

06/29/2017

Mr. Thurber was punctual and professional. He had me go over the work I needed before he started and then reviewed work done when finished making sure he had provided what I wanted.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Set sight line property lines before having tree work and yard irrigation work.

06/26/2017

If you don't have existing pipes or stakes on your property corners, you should hesitate to hire Jim Thurber. I didn't tell him that I am a manager in commercial construction because I wanted to see how he did. Jim does appear to have a long experience in surveying and provided lots of stories and theories but his product, providing accurate corners based on the lots and neighborhoods around you, ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Set metal stakes in my 4 property corners and 4 additional wood stakes along sides. Provide PDF of plat

Land Surveys.

We do not offer any land surveying or civil engineering services in Maryland or Washington D.C.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal