Jenkins Restorations

Founded 1975 • With Angi since May 2011

109 Juliad Ct Ste 105

Fredericksburg, VA 22406

Since our founding in 1975, we have consistently delivered excellent service to those needing insurance repairs. By focusing on clients and operating with integrity, we have developed a reputation as a top performer in our industry and grown to serve multiple regions across the nation. Our

08/26/2022

Gerald B.

It was great, they did a great job.

Description of Work
Basement Restoration

Category basement remodeling

10/17/2017

TODD V.

My insurance co, USAA, contracted with Jenkins after a recent fire / smoke damage issue in my home. The project manager Micah really seemed to be doing all he could and was pleasant and responsive. The problem is that Jenkins sub-contracts with "Home Depot Parking Lot Quality Workers" that do a little bit of everything and do most of it badly. My 4-5 week job, took 7 1/2 weeks because they repeatedly didn't show up. This was a very simple job that was made much harder and frustrating by Jenkins and their subcontractors. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
Post smoke damage painting, ceiling and insulation replacement, fixture removal and replacement.

Category drywall, electrician, house painters, interior painters

[Member Name Removed], we're very sorry for your experience with Jenkins having been anything other than excellent. Thank you for sharing your experience to help us better our customer experience. We apologize and if there are any questions or concerns you have remaining from this please don't hesitate to call. Adam Wells | Manager 240-204-8286

02/20/2017

Michelle S.

Jenkins promised the world before they were hired . They never explained they sub contracted everything out . It took over a year for the work to be done . I had to fight with them every step of the way . There is some work that still needs to be done but the warranty is basically useless . They will not respond in a timely manner . They were painting my house and doing siding work in the dark . I had nail pops all over my house . My next door neighbor called me to tell me at work that the roofing guys were jumping on the trampoline instead of working . Jenkins would add on extra costs if they had to pick up materials for you . The project manager told me if I didn't have it in writing then it wasn't said . Nothing is level in the house . The project manager would get where he wouldn't respond to me I would have to call his boss . I had rain coming in my front door because it wasn't done correctly . The vinyl fence that was tore down by the fire department was replaced by Jenkins they tried to piece it together and cut it too short . After numerous complaints to them they gave me the money for it and told me they couldn't fix it . Now after 2 years my living room wall has a crack in it that appeared by itself from something protruding inside the wall . I feel this company caught me when I was distraught and deceived me . They were difficult and didn't mind ripping you off . I wouldn't use them to build a dog house !

Description of Work
My house caught fire and the house had to pretty much be rebuilt. I had to have drywall, new roof , new siding , painting , electrical and lots more .

Category drywall, flooring contractor, roofing, water damage restoration, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Roof was replaced from house fire paid for by their insurance carrier. There was little other structure damage of a fairly old house. job took 6 months from permit to final inspections. Approx. 4 weeks of delays due to customer changes and selections. We responded in a timely manner to concerns raised. Most were minor and were fixed. Regarding painting in the dark, it was winter but we were using work lights in the evenings. The insured elected to perform certain tasks themselves, including a new furnace. Nail pops were likely due to home owner not providing heat in a timely manner. We repaired the nail pops and repainted. Regarding the charge that nothing is level in the home, we didn't rebuild the structure other than the roof rafters. This was an older home with out of plumb walls and out of level floor joists. Our contract didn't include fixing pre-existing matters such as this. The gate was replaced 2 times by us. Since the insured wasn't pleased, we credited them the full refund for this gate. Regarding the charge that we ripped her off, we utilized the insurance pricing provided by the insurance company. We performed extra work in an attempt to satisfy. We insulated all her exterior walls without cost to her (her policy didn't have code upgrade coverage) since her house was originally built prior to insulating of exterior walls.

02/16/2017

Carolyn M.

My husband and I want to express our sincere gratitude to Jenkins Restorations for rebuilding our home after the fire back in August. We are very pleased with the outcome as Jenkins Restorations did a wonderful job. With the expertise and supervision of Gary Schembs, our home was rebuilt in record time. Gary was always available and receptive to our questions and requests. Promptly responding to us meant a great deal when we were stressing out about the rebuild. Gary always reassured us and told us not to worry, that he would get things done in a timely manner, and he did just that. If we ever have occasion to need Jenkins in the future, we will definitely reach out to Gary. It was a pleasure to work with Gary and his team!

Description of Work
Our home was struck by lightning, caught on fire and had to be totally rebuilt.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

05/10/2016

Louise V.

Although it's still in the process of being remodeled, the mitigation process went very well. They were prompt and on time which was wonderful due to my work schedule. They explained everything in great detail. They were very professional and did an excellent job. They answered all questions that I had and were easily accessible when I called. I would use them in the future and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
The provider assisted with water damage and the mitigation process. They pulled up the carpet, the kitchen floor and the drywall to ensure everything area that was wet will be treated. They applied fans and ventilation to the areas so they would dry out and treat for any mold.

Category drywall, home remodeling

04/25/2016

Steven L.

They quickly removed the damaged drywall and insulation and water soaked carpet and pad. They cleaned the area prior to leaving the first day, while taking great care to not harm our furniture or other items. When the drying was completed they removed all fans and the dehumidifier and all other waste completely.

Description of Work
Jenkins Restoration personnel surveyed the damage from a burst water pipe in the ceiling of our Dining and Living Room. They removed drywall from the ceiling and insulation from the attic as well as water soaked carpet and carpet pad. They installed four industrial fans to dry the effected areas as well as an industrial dehumidifier.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

02/01/2016

Michael G.

Flooring and plumber contractors did really good work. The drywall/painting team worked hard and fast; they did an excellent job on the drywall, but the paint had drips left in many areas. Easy enough for me to fix, but annoying when you have professionals come out. Overall I was really happy with the service they provided.

Description of Work
Jenkins was brought in by my insurance company to repair water damage in my basement. Jenkin's rep was very curtoues and informative. They use separate contractors to perform the work. We needed flooring (carpet and tile), re-tile the shower, drywall and a plumber.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

01/10/2016

Lisa M.

Description of Work
The project manager Jeremy Gaston was very prompt, courteous and always had the answers to my questions. The work was done in a very timely manner and the work crews did a great job. They painted our basement, changed out baseboards and put in new carpeting. I would definitely recommend Jenkins Restorations.

10/26/2015

Gina O.

Description of Work
Very friendly and professional team that came to help when my basement flooded from my hot water heater busting. I am still in the process of getting everything completed, but thus far, outstanding service.

Category water damage restoration

09/09/2015

Monique R.

In July, our basement was damaged by water from a backed up sump pump, and Jenkins Restorations (specifically, the project manager Jeremy Gaston) helped us every step of the way with restoring our basement to its original condition. His patience and attention to detail in explaining the steps of the repair process and keeping in touch with us throughout the repair made the process easy and stress-free. He made sure we understood the work being done and provided a realistic (and convenient) timeline for its completion, working around our work and recreational plans. Thanks to Jeremy's professionalism and the excellent quality of his team's work on the paint and flooring we were pleased beyond our expectations with the finished product. The basement is even better than before.

Description of Work
Repairs, paint and flooring to repair water damage in basement

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters, basement remodeling

02/04/2015

Lara O.

I've used Jenkins Restorations before. I called to schedule an appointment so an estimate of the work to be performed could be made. The rep showed on time, took measurements, and then returned to the office to complete the estimate. Within a few days, I received an email with the estimate. I returned the email stating I would sign the contract and put it in the snail-mail the next day with 1/3 down. Upon receipt, a date/time was established and the work performed. My entire two-story home was completed in one day and the old caulking and any trash was picked up. This effort also included any touch-up painting. The work was professional and thorough. Upon satisfactory completion of the work, which included a detailed inspection by me and the Jenkins Restoration rep, I then wrote a check to cover the balance of the cost.

Description of Work
Removed old caulking from windows and doors and installed new caulking

Category drywall

10/30/2014

Bruce B.

they were overall general contractor and it went well

Description of Work
fixed kitchen floor and walls

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling

07/28/2014

Marit L.

Professional and friendly service. The drywall workers had to be called back to fix a couple of items, but in the end it was all finished completely and on time.

Description of Work
General contractor for basement flooding repair. Provided a point of contact for carpet replacement. Provided workers to replace drywall, paint and replace some wood trim

Category drywall, interior painters

05/08/2014

Terry G.

The same pipe that we had fixed in January that we had fixed, the same thing happened the year before. They did not tell us that it was because of the external wall and that's why it froze. They took 3 and a half months to put our kitchen and bath together. It was an awful experience all over and then we have to repeat the same thing a year later because their work didn't hold up because it wasn't done right. It cost us a lot of money because we were out of the kitchen for three and a half months with holes in our walls during the winter months. It was the worst experience ever. They didn't get the order right. They got paint on our brand new flooring when they painted. They didn't do the cut-outs correct. Every time it was a different person who didn't speak English. We didn't get a reply from the head contractor. They contracted out to two different companies which is as bad as they were.

Description of Work
We used the services of Jenkins Restorations.

Category plumbing

This complaint was leveled against Jenkins Restorations of Fredericksburg, by mistake. This loss happened in Frederick, Md., which is outside our territory. I'm assuming that someone at Angie's list saw "frederick" and pushed it to a charge against our office in "Fredericksburg, Va." rather than "Frederick, Md. " Please remove this complaint from our record.

03/29/2014

Cynthia B.

They were prompt, did a great job sucking up the water and pulling out the wet carpet and wallboard. It was amazing how quickly the work was done and the jet engine fans positioned to dry it out. Great work and fast work!

Description of Work
We had a water line to my refrigerator/ice maker loosened. Water trickled under the plastic box surrounding the valve and cut-off, and spread into the dining & living rooms. We contacted our homeowners' insurance provider, and they recommened Jenkins.

Category drywall, flooring contractor

01/04/2014

Petra G.

Jenkins Restoration provided outstanding water mitigation services for water damage to our kitchen floor and basement ceiling. They immediately responded when we called for service. Josiah Jenkins, the mitigation technician, was friendly and courteous. He was very proficient in determining what areas needed to be dried and how to maximize the drying. He was very responsive to our questions and always scheduled his follow-up visits in conjunction with our schedules. Upon completion, we were extremely satisfied with the results. We would definitely use their services again and highly recommend their business to others. Thank you Jenkins Restoration for a great job!

Description of Work
Provided water mitigation services for water damage to our kitchen floor and basement ceiling.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

12/06/2013

Jennifer C.

Specifically, I would like to give them top marks in the following: Quality of work performed. The quality of work performed was consistently top notch. Jenkins Restoration used subcontractors that were knowledgeable, skilled, and competent in their respective trades. They were great about following the strict specifications set forth and rarely needed improvement or revision. Quality of work crews. The work crews that Jenkins Restoration utilized were reliable, professional, courteous and had no problems dealing with a “hovering Mom” while getting the job done. They had great work ethics and spent time getting the job done right, not fast. Project management and coordination. I do not know where I would have been without Jenkins Restoration and Brock Johnson! Brock’s knowledge of all aspects of the project really enabled him to coordinate and manage all the activities of the different types of work effectively. He was very closely involved in overseeing the rebuild of my home from start to finish. He has an excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a great sense of commitment to follow through without missing a beat. Integrity and professionalism. Throughout the project, Brock and Jenkins Restoration were committed to generating top quality restoration and rebuild of my home. The loss of my home was treated as if it was one of their own homes and I can’t thank them enough for the work they did to get me home quickly. We had an original date of completion of December 15th, 2013 and I was home the end of October. It was a great feeling to be able to celebrate the holidays in my own home and not temporary housing. Effective communication. Brock kept me closely informed of schedules, delivery dates, and projected completion. His communications were always clear, informative, and helpful and he was always available to answer my questions. I don’t think we had a single miscommunication in 6 months. Flexibility and effectiveness in dealing with unexpected developments. When unforeseen problems surfaced, Jenkins Restoration proved to be very flexible and effective handling any unexpected developments. They continuously worked to identify solutions that were acceptable by all parties with no hassles. Responsiveness to homeowner’s needs/concerns. The commitment to homeowner satisfaction was very evident from the beginning. Any requests or concerns I brought to their attention were quickly addressed and the appropriate action was taken. There was never any hesitation to explain something that I didn’t understand. In closing, I am pleased with the final outcome of the restoration and rebuild of my home. I am extremely impressed with work Jenkins Restoration provided as a general contractor. In a world where poor workmanship and even worse service has become all too common, Jenkins Restoration and their employees have really upped the bar. I would not hesitate to hire Jenkins Restoration again and I believe they should be recognized for not just their exceptional work but the amazing people they have working for them. I felt like I was part of their family while they worked diligently to bring me and my family home. I highly recommend Jenkins Restoration

Description of Work
In May of this year I experienced the devastating loss of my home to a fire and Jenkins Restoration was highly recommended by my insurance company. The demolition and remodel of my home took approximately 6 months and while the ordeal of the dealing the house fire and the project of rebuilding was very stressful, Jenkins Restoration was an invaluable asset and I am pleased with the final outcome.

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, water damage restoration, architect, interior painters

11/05/2013

Heather B.

Overall they did OK, but there was one thing they didn't fix to our satisfaction. I have asked repeatedly to get it fixed, and now I have no choice but to sign paperwork with them when I am not happy about the completed work.

Description of Work
Jenkins came in to deal with repairing damage due to a water leak

Category drywall, interior painters

09/23/2013

Sonia V.

Terrible. They could not fix the problems for months. My daughters rooms had ceiling damage so both of them slept in our room for months. Jenkins would claim they fixed it and then everytime it would rain, my daughters rooms would have repeated water damage. On top of that, our insurance company paid for roof tiles (which took weeks to find) and Jenkins claimed that half of them mysteriously disappeared before the job was completely finished. Finally, with all the repeated water damage from Jenkins not properly fixing the roof, we had to use our towels which all became discolored. Jenkins picked them up and said they would send us a check for reimbursement, but they never did. Jenkins Restoration was probably the worst company I ever dealt with and would never recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Our insurance company had Jenkins Restoration listed as a preferred vendor thus, we selected them after we has storm damage that affected our roof.

09/01/2013

Jeffrey S.

Overall performance was fine. The initial estimate was performed timely and seemed fair. They were recommended by my insurance company and performed OK. My only complaint was that in repairing damage on one side of my roof, they destroyed a vent on the other side of the roof and never identified the damage to me, there is no way they could have missed it. After I identified the damage they returned and replaced the vent.

Description of Work
Jenkins repaired some damage to my house's roof from limbs falling and puncturing shingles, felt, and wood sheathing

08/19/2013

Justin V.

They were fast at ripping out and replacing hardwood flooring. They did a great job. The painters were average. I had to ask them to re paint one room.

Description of Work
Replaced damaged wood floors. Re painted walls. Tiled a bathroom.

03/01/2013

Herbert H.

See above. All went according to plan and in a thoroughly professional way.

Description of Work
Jenkins restorations did an excellent job in all phases of the repairs needed to deal with damage incurred due to a highly destructive damaging wind storm accompanied by rain. The cost indicated above includes $2,000.00 in immediate mitigation repairs made within 24 hours by another firm. Jenkins performed the major portion of the work for the amount approved by the insurance adjustor, just under $10,000.00. It included roof repairs, gutters, downspouts, soffet repairs, etc. on the outside and interior drywall replacement in two ceilings inside the home literally punctured by tree branches coming through the roof. Floor refinishing in one roomk and one bathroom was also necessary, as was repairs to lighting fixtures. Painting as required was also accomplished. All repairs were completed in as short a time as possible, relying on the insurance company to reimburse me for the expenses in advance. The onsite manager was quite effective and made sure the subcontractors were on time and did excellent work. I would certainly recommend Jenkins Restoration for work such as this and other like repairs and repaacements.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, house painters, interior painters

01/21/2013

James H.

I had a major house fire on June 4, 2012. Jenkins showed up while the fire department was still there (they monitor the emergency channels with a scanner) and hovered around me the whole time the fire department was there. They pushed me to sign a blank contract to do the repairs, which I refused to do. I did allow them to put two partial pieces for plywood on windows that were broken and hasps and locks on the front and basement door to secure the property. Both hasps were barely secure and were easily pulled off the door jambs by hand. I stupidly signed a tentative restoration contract, which I canceled the next day. They billed my insurance carrier for over $700 for the two pieces fo plywood and defective hasps, which the carrier refused to pay and they settled for around $500. I felt that they took advantage of a very emotional time to push for a contract. Caveat Emptor. Lessons learned. 1. Don't sign anything while you are in a bad emotional or physical state. 2. If you do have any work done immedialtly after a loss get the ENTIRE charge in writing, not just an estimate that can be inflated. 3. Check references and Angie's list first before signing anything. Ask your insurance company for a list of who they have been successful dealing with. Fire restoration is a very specialized line of work and most contractors don't know how to do it correctly. 4. Don't sign a broad repair contract. Insist on a detailed, room by room, item by item work order showing labor and materials. Be prepared for a lot of changes during your rebuild. Nothing goes as planned.

Description of Work
Ambulance chaser overcharges for simple board up.

Category water damage restoration

06/19/2012

Libby G.

They always are respectful of me and make sure I am satisfied. If I'm not satisfied, they come back and fix it.

Description of Work
Jenkins Restoration did some roofing repair work for me.

05/04/2011

Libby G.

I'm very happy with the work so far.

Description of Work
George Scott has handled our situation. A tree fell on my home, and my insurance is paying for the repair. He has worked with me and the insurance company to get the best deal we can get, and to make sure everything that was damaged was repaired. They were very helpful in negotiations with the insurance, to replace all siding instead of just parts. That would look silly. Their employees are polite, have good manners, and work long from morning to night. I am very happy so far with this job. George calls and checks, emails often to make sure I am satisfied with each step of the work.

Category remodeling, siding, home remodeling