HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2012

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

basement finishing

We accept remote payment

basement remodeling202022025
We transformed this unfinished space into a multi-purpose basement including game play, media, workspace, wet bar and custom storage!

HIVEX Basement Finishing Co. specializes in complete basement finishing. Finishing your basement is an excellent way to dramatically expand your living space as well as increase the value of your home. HIVEX specializes in transforming your home into its full potential and at a great value. With over 40 years of experience, company owner Dan Betts was voted a legend in the home improvement industry. In recognition of our quality craftsmanship and attention to detail, we have received numerous prestigious awards and honors. Our team of professionals is dedicated to uphold our reputation of professional workmanship, honesty, and integrity. Our basement finishing specialists take pride in transforming homeowners needs and dreams into reality!...
Multi-Purpose Basement project

basement remodeling

202022025

basement remodeling (140)electrician (62)plumbers (60)drywall (60)door installation (47)lighting (47)tile installation (40)woodworking (39)closet design (39)home remodeling (27)HVAC Companies (24)egress window (22)

09/16/2021

Kevin K.

HIVEX far exceeded by my wife’s and my expectations! We received other estimates from other contractors which were either way out of line price wise or with a completion date of sometime in 2022. The estimates were provided in March 2020. Listed below are some of the areas that gave us confidence in HIVEX prior to, during and after construction. • HIVEX took my family’s design, made suggestions, provided drawings, then made final adjustments to design prior to the start of construction. Obtained building permits. • Professionalism and courtesy of all HIVEX office staff and workers. • Each week communicated the work to be performed for that week and answered all questions in a timely manner. • Installed additional outlets and switches at no additional cost, as they stated. • Electrical, plumbing, drywall, and finishing trim are perfect! Again, exceeded our expectations. • Added shelving, as requested during construction. • After final payment was made, HIVEX returned to install appliances we purchased and trimmed doors to adjust for flooring we had installed. HIVEX was again true to their word, returning on the date we requested and performing all work we requested to our satisfaction. Finally, this entire project was completed in approximately 10 weeks. HIVEX originally estimate being 8 to 12 weeks. NOTE: My wife made sure all kitchen cabinets, vanities, appliances, and bathroom fixtures were available when HIVEX requested as not to impact HIVEX’s schedule. 5 stars is not good enough.

Description of Work
Our project included adding two full bathrooms, a full kitchen, one bedroom with egress window, a laundry room, den, and additional rooms.

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,egress windows,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

Our team really enjoyed working for you! Thank you for the detailed review and awesome rating. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know!

09/16/2021

Sandra M.

We cannot say enough great things about HIVEX. They came to us highly recommended and we will now highly recommend them. Our basement project was very well planned out from the beginning and we always knew the timeline and what type of work was being conducted on any given day. Starting with the quoting process the documentation they provided as well as time lines were impeccable. Moving into the planning and construction side of things they were efficient, friendly, and very communicative. Our project manager, Terry, was always easy to reach and very responsive to phone calls and texts when we had questions. All of the workers on the HIVEX crews that we interacted with were very polite and professional. Our basement used to be a very uninviting space, not any more, now it is a very well thought finished area where our family and friends look forward to hanging out in and creating great memories in. Not to mention the value added to our home. We are highly confident that in choosing HIVEX we made the BEST choice for our basement finishing.

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,picture framing,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

We are so happy you chose us and really enjoyed working for you!

08/16/2021

Maria B.

My experience was very good with his company. Very professional; quality work and the work was done in a timely manner. They even help clean my basement out by taking furniture to the dump or donation; Which was a great help to me! My basement was completely unfinished. This company gave me options and created A floor plan utilizing space effectively and created the storage space that I desperately needed. The built in bookshelves added flavor to my basement creating a soft environment. The bathroom was over the top and very beautiful with built in shelves! I also love the finish look of the window frames and bedroom closets that also have built in shelves. I particularly love the special touches like the lighting, dimmers, TV outlets etc. Did I mention quality? The quality of this company work is excellent! I get so many compliments about the quality of work they provided. This is definitely a company that takes pride in their work. I would highly recommend this company! you will not be disappointed🙂

Description of Work
Completely Finish unfinished basement

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Review for HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.  - 6324 Old Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA - 39441254

We strive to fulfill the requests you have that suit your personal needs! We're so happy you are pleased with the quality and end project. Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to post a great review!

08/12/2021

Justin S.

Excellent company! They communicated well, we’re patient with plans and changes to those plans. Overall there quality was excellent, and their people extremely professional.

Description of Work
Basement Finish

Work Completed On 01/01/2021

We are so thankful for your review and business!

04/20/2021

JOHN K.

Hivex did a very professional job finishing my basement, to include a half bathroom and a wet bar. Everything looks great! The project manager, Bob, was responsive and on top of things throughout the entire process. He answered all my questions as things progressed. I strongly recommend Hivex!

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,woodworking,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

Thank you again for your reviews!

03/15/2021

James C.

from start to finish,Hivex was spot on. this was our first project of this size,so we were nervous and excited. Bob was so laid back,that at times he scared me. He always came through, no matter what my wife and my concerns were. We can't say enough about the entire staff and contractors, they were there for us. my wife and I are in our 60s,so to see her cry and say never in her life has she had a kitchen this size and a home this beautiful,made me choke up. words can not describe the way we feel. so I will just say thanks to Bob and the rest of Hivex.P.S. I promised you all a Pig roast this summer and I also keep my word! Jim and Linda

Description of Work
basement remodeling

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

We loved working with you! Thanks so much.

02/15/2021

steve C.

HIVEX is the best. In a long career of moving, HIVEX has exceeded every contractor I’ve ever used. They are organized, responsive, reliable, trustworthy, efficient and gave us outstanding results with a beautiful basement bed & bath, family room, and library. We were impressed with initial meeting which gave us high expectations and were delighted when they met them all. Friendly, courteous and highly skilled, flexible when COVID caused cabinet delays. If I had the decision to make again I would hire them wholeheartedly and not change a thing. We are very grateful to Chris, Bob our project manager, and the great HIVEX team.

Description of Work
Finish a Basement

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,egress windows,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

We loved working on your basement! It turned out beautifully. Thank you for your review.

02/08/2021

J B.

HIVEX was very professional and on time in completing the job. They addressed all concerns until I was happy with the end result. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Add on bedroom and bathroom

Category remodeling,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Thank you!

01/15/2021

Reginald M.

We interviewed (5) companies for our project. After our first meeting with HIVEX we knew they were the company for us. HIVEX did not disappoint. They exceeded our every expectation in every segment of the project. We could not have been more pleased. HIVEX and every team member associated with the project provided us the best quality and professional service we've ever experienced. AWESOME JOB!!! Our project manager was John Gaskill. We would like to give a personal word of thanks and gratitude to John for his "spirit of excellence". John managed the job as though the company belonged to him. As though it were his personal reputation on the line for the projects outcome. John delivered on every promise & ensured we were pleased with every detail of the project. If you want the best, go with HIVEX.

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Work Completed On 12/24/2020

Thank you so much. We're so glad you selected our company. I'll pass your note onto John. Enjoy that new space!

01/07/2021

Reb B.

Amazing. Could not have asked for a better company to work with. Would hire them in a heartbeat again. It as refreshing that they only do one task, Basements. Not some company that hires out day workers that have no idea what they are doing.

Description of Work
Complete basement buildout.

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

Review for HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.  - 6324 Old Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA - 39121475

Thank you so much!

We offer complete basement finishing.

We do not offer service work, general home remodeling, single room finishes or renovations of existing finished basements.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check