The Plumbing Dr

Founded 1980 • With Angi since April 2005

Founded in 1979, The Plumbing Dr as been serving the Arlington, VA and Falls Church, VA neighbors in all their plumbing needs. If you are looking for a plumber that offers straightforward pricing, emergency service, and can assure you their will be no mess left behind. Every technichine is background checked and drugged tested and someone The Plumbing Dr would want working in their own home! Call us now to make an appointment!...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+22 more images

4.3

plumbers (263)drain cleaning (52)water heaters (21)sewer cleaning (13)well & water pump repair (8)drain pipe installation (5)gas leak repair (2)gas fireplace repair (1)appliance repair (19)home remodeling (5)

09/19/2022

Ari K.

Fantastic experience. Dr. Brandon called me at the agreed upon time, came 10 minutes later. Walked me through options and made sure I had all the right info before determining next steps. They were able to replace the water heater the same day, and did so within a few hours, and no real interruption to our day and zero mess. He even noticed our kitchen sink had loose pipes and gave that a quick fix. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
New Water Heater

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/19/2022

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful for your business.

08/30/2022

Katya W.

Harold and Marcelo fixed and improved the flushing system in my bathroom about 6 months ago. It made a big difference and still is working well. I’d recommend their service!

Description of Work
Bathroom - water delivery system renovation

Work Completed On 08/29/2022

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We appreciate your business!

07/31/2022

Terry A.

The work was excellent and the plumbers were punctual and cleaned up everything! The team included 4 men. I was only introduced to Daniel and Marcelo. The work takes all day and they check everything prior to leaving and give a quick orientation to the new product. The tank is small and installed on the wall and leaves additional space as compared to the 50 gallon tank it replaced. I have nothing for comparison but this was an expensive undertaking and I pray it will be worth it. I am pleased with the function thus far.

Description of Work
Placement of a tankless water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/29/2022

06/18/2022

ruth M.

I want to express my gratitude to the Plumbing Doctors team that came to my rescue earlier this week. It was an incredible team effort, that include Mr Bill Bennett, Tracy and Melody, Daniel,Lloyd, Joe, Marcelo and Joe. Mr. Bennett responded with incredible sense of urgency, and he personally followed up on the team's work and the process at hand. Melody and Tracy at the office took care of guiding the financial part, and communicating often via email.Daniel offered guidance and explained the problem, the financing options, and wha to expect during the work days. Lloyd tried his best to provide alternative water source for my house, while patiently waiting for the utility companies to do their part for marking lines and so forth. Joe, Marcelo and Jake were professional, engaging and very positive towards my questions and concerns about the job at hand. They also worked with promptitude and worked past their normal working hours to ensure this huge job could be done in two days. So that I could have my water line up and running before the weekend. I can not thank Plumbing doctors enough for this great experience and they can be sure they have won a customer for life.

Description of Work
replace entire main water line entering my home

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

Thank you. It was a pleasure working for you. We appreciate you sharing your kind words with others.

05/25/2022

Fred B.

The work was excellent. e have used this company many times because of the quality of their work and the talent of their highly professional staff. We are especially pleased with the workmanship of Daniel. He is an outstanding plumber and human being. It's always a pleasure to have him in the house because we know the work will be done well and with a smile.

Description of Work
Pipe cleaning and reconfiguring some under-sink plumbing

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

We thank you for sharing your experience. It is our pleasure to be your preferred plumbing company! thank you for your continued business!

05/02/2022

Leslee E.

Charlie and Cornelius came within a few hours. Checked the leak, found it was the garbage disposal, and replaced it on the spot. Gave us a good deal, friendly and professional service. Would definitely call The Plumbing Dr again!

Description of Work
New Garbage Disposal

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you were pleased with everything.

04/30/2022

Notareal N.

I used Plumbing Dr twice - once for our primary residence and once for our rental property. Both times they finished the job and exceeded my expectations. The cost seems reasonable. I would not hesitate to hire them again. Dr Charlie and budding Dr Jake were puntual and professional.

Description of Work
Job well done

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

04/22/2022

Sandy S.

It went great. Dr. Charlie and his helper, Dr. Joe, work well together. They are professional and very nice. I feel that they take pride in their work. The toilet works great and they cleaned up afterwards. And they didn't scratch my newly installed vinyl plank floors. I will be requesting them every time now.

Description of Work
Toilet replaced

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Thank you again Ms. [Member Name Removed]! We certainly appreciate your confidence in our company!

04/02/2022

Sandy S.

Dr. Charlie and his assistant were great. They fixed the problem. They were easy to work with. Definitely will request them next time we have a plumbing problem.

Description of Work
Pipe under bathtub that was under the house (in crawl space) had broken loose and needed to be repaired.

Category appliance repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

Thank you for your feedback! It means alot to Dr. Charlie and our company that you took the time to do this. We appreciate your business!

03/24/2022

George N.

Charlie came as scheduled, listened to our observations, explained his leak search process; then proceeded to locate the leak. It was difficult to locate (faulty soldering by a bathroom renovator), and even harder to fix w/o damaging bath tiles, but he devised a method and repaired the leak, leaving only some sheetrock holes to be repaired by the homeowner. It wasn't inexpensive, taking several hours to do, but his professional workmanship and knowledge were worth the price. He also replaced the operating parts of our toilet while he was here. Afterwards, he cleaned up the work area well. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
We had some indirect signs of a small leak in an upstairs bathroom

Work Completed On 03/23/2022

We appreciate you sharing your experience! Thank you so much for allowing us to service you!

03/01/2022

Jim M.

Charlie and Lloyd were technically proficient, polite and focused. As always with the plumbing doctor, extremely good value was delivered. This is why we have used Plumbing Doctor religiously for six years-ever since we moved in our current house in Arlington.

Description of Work
Shower handle was reattached, oiled and tightened and two bathroom toilets were repaired.

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

Thank you for letting us know how Dr Charlie and Llloyd did! We really do appreciate it! Thank you for your continued business.

01/27/2022

Deb S.

Harold showed up on time, gave me my options and quickly got work done. Very professional.

Description of Work
Repair Toilet and Replace Shutoff Valves under sink

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it very much!

08/09/2021

Hutch D.

$69 service fee to diagnose turned into a fee to drive to my house only. Solution presented was to snake the drain. In doing this, they realized to fix the problem they needed to install a sump pump for $4800 IN ADDITION TO the $370 fee to snake the drain. Due to repeated poor communication/ clarity of what we were to get for our dollar and expensive fee to snake a drain mean we will not be using this company for future needs.

Description of Work
Unclog a drain

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

I'm sorry to hear this. We were under the impression, after you spoke to the technician yesterday, that you understood the circumstances of your situation. The service charge was waived at time of service, as well as being credited back for us not being able to warranty the repair. I understand that you were not expecting the result and that can be overwhelming to hear your issue was [Member Information Removed] more extensive than you were anticipating. As our tech indicated, I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Thank you for your feedback.

07/02/2021

Inayat D.

Faucets repairs/replacement and Toilet replacements

Description of Work
Dr Charlie was fantastic! I purposely ask for him now! He fixed and replaced our faucets and also replaced our toilets. He is obviously extremely knowledgeable and knows how to get the jobs done right!! He’s also super efficient and doesn’t waste any time!!! Thank you so much, Charlie!!!!!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

06/24/2021

Herman N.

Daniel was an AWESOME tech. He correctly diagnosed where the leak was located and worked late into the night to replace the pipe. He also minimized the mess when he had to remove some of the plaster wall to get to the pipe in question. Overall a great job.

Description of Work
Replacement of Kitchen Drain Pipe

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. So happy we could help.

03/03/2021

Greg B.

I was very impressed with the 4 jobs done today. Charles and “E” (his partner!) Were very good at explaining all of our options and keeping us informed during all of the work. Everything turned out great! We will be call The Plumbing Dr in future plumbing needs in our house. Keep up the good work and again thanks for the high quality quick work. G Blain

Description of Work
1. new kitchen faucet 2. toilet repaired 3. hot water heater flush 4. new bath tub faucet.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

01/31/2021

Darrell P.

The Plumbing Doctor has been a godsend for our old home that didn't have proper maintenance before we moved in. They've always been able to provide immediate emergency service with no delay. Dr. Charlie cleared up the latest problem and gave us tips on how to prevent future issues. This is the only plumbing service we will use.

Description of Work
We had a sewage line backup flooding the basement.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

10/21/2020

Paul G.

Two people got the job done quickly and cleanly. They did not try to sell me more than I needed. They arrived right on time. Both wore masks & gloves out of concern for COVID. I had lots of questions and they were obviously expert and experienced. I did have to wait a few days for their next availability, while some others could have been there right away after I called. It was not a problem and I'm glad I chose them.

Description of Work
Replaced two submersible sump pumps in basement.

Category wells

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thank you for your kind words. We are sorry we were unable to service you a bit quicker, but are very happy you were pleased with our tech and the work. We appreciate your business!

04/25/2020

Kris M.

I wanted to give a shout out to this company for an amazing experience today! We had three toilets installed on a 30 year old home we just purchased. A broken flange was found that had been fixed prior, very poor workmanship and installed incorrectly. Dr. Daniel and Dr Lloyd took the time and patience to tediously fix the issue which could of been done much easier through the ceiling! They did NOT choose the easy way which would of costs us in ceiling repairs. Not only did these two spend time coving our floors to protect from damage or dirt they were conscious about the current pandemic we are in and wore face masks, gloves and shoe coverings which was very much appreciated! These two were professional and honest and we will be referring them to everyone! Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Multiple toilet installs

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/15/2020

Justin P.

Mike L. always takes care of my issues and leaves my house better than when he left it. He's also an educator: as he works, I learn about how things work and ultimately how to maintain my home. He's a fantastic employee at The Plumbing Dr., and I've used them exclusively since I purchased my new home.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement, Sump Pump Check Valve Replacement, Main Shutoff Valve Replacement

Category appliance repair, plumbing, water heater repair, wells

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Thank you for allowing us to service your plumbing needs over the years.

04/15/2020

Larry C.

I am totally 100% satisfied with the work the Plumbingdr's work. Their master plumber, Brandon and his crew managed to drain out enough of the backed up water in the line to snake a camera into the pipe. The problem was that a power line had drilled through my pipe, which started to slowly cause a back up over a period of months. They pinpointed the exact location, dug down exposing the break. They cut out the destroyed section, replaced that part and then snaked/reamed out the entire line, clearing the drain from house to county sewer line. Problem gone. They did a fantastic job. I would recommend the Plunbingdr to anyone.

Description of Work
My entire waste water drain line was plugged up. Water backing up into my toilet., tub etc.

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are happy to have been able to rectify what could have been a very dangerous situation. We appreciate your trust in us!

03/25/2020

George S.

Charlie showed up on time, inspected the system and replaced the Valve without any hesitation. You can tell he is an experiences Pro! The basement was left as clean as it was before and no parts or debris was left behind. Charlie even gave me advice on maintaining the system, and all work appeared (to me) to be first rate. I even got their senior citizen discount, and the initial call fee was waved, I would definitely call The Plumbing Dr. again.

Description of Work
I have a waterline feeding a faucet in the Front Yard, for watering the lawn. It is controlled by a Valve in the basement. The Valve was leaking and needed replacement.

Work Completed On 03/25/2020