Elmer's Lawn & Garden

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2008

Elmer’s Lawn & Garden has been in business for 15 years! We pride ourselves on building long lasting relationships with our clients. Elmer’s Lawn & Garden caters to residential and commercials projects. The owner is on the jobsite from the first consultation through the end of the project to ensure

lawn care (38)lawn & landscaping (16)tree service (4)mulch delivering (2)hardscaping (1)irrigation system (1)gutter cleaning (3)lawn treatment (2)

10/23/2017

William F.

I have used them every summer for the past eight years.They do a good job, the price is fair. I do not have to call them, they show up every week.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

07/17/2017

Simone J.

Great. Good price, good work, professional staff.

Description of Work
Mowing and Edging

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

06/05/2017

Simone J.

Great service at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Mowing and edging

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

01/02/2017

Ida K.

They can be careful about not running over some of my flowers and bushes. The price is good.

Description of Work
They just mowed.

Work Completed On 05/15/2016

09/26/2016

Brian L.

The initial job was done extremely well. However, the service just "decided" afterwards that I needed a weekly mowing, even though that was not discussed and no contracts were signed. The mowing was at a fair price, but I did not want to pay it weekly, so I called and asked them to stop. They came out and mowed once more, and then stopped. So the problem I had with them was communication/responsiveness; otherwise, they were fine.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing/trimming/cleanup/pruning/mulching

Category lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

09/03/2016

Byron S.

elmer's team worked over seven hours and did a thorough professional job

Description of Work
landscaping and trimming of yard, mulch

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 08/29/2016

03/25/2016

Kimberly R.

I scheduled an estimate and Elmer showed up on time. I reviewed the estimate, asked a few questions and schedule the work to be done the following Friday (March 25, 2016). On March 25, 2017 he didn't show up so I called to find out what was going on and was told they could do the work the next day, Saturday. I took the day off from work to be here so his failure to honor our agreement ended up costing me a vacation day not to mention the time waiting for my appointment and now to find another company. I canceled the work and will find another landscaping contractor. I would seriously urge people to use caution when working with this company.

Description of Work
Clean up flower beds, install sod, and put down mulch

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

12/22/2015

Wanda K.

I have been using Elmer's Lawn & Garden for approximately 4 years. During that time I have had high quality, professional landscaping, annual yard maintenance (weeding), a walkway placed all the way around one side of the house to the back. In addition Elmer provided very professional services to widen my driveway widen and the stone used was also used on my steps and front porch. Elmer's prices are fair. Elmer and his crew are kind and very trustworthy. I will be using Elmer's Lawn & Garden for many years to come.

Description of Work
Maintains yard and beautiful landscaping

Work Completed On 11/19/2015

Review for Elmer's Lawn & Garden  - PO Box 8233, Falls Church, VA - 27470453

05/14/2015

Jennifer R.

Scheduled an appointment for estimate for 05/14/10-11 but they never showed up. I called 10 mins after 11 and left a voicemail but no one has called back.

Description of Work
Estimate of lawn services

Work Completed On 05/14/2015

05/08/2015

Amanda B.

Very professional, attention to detail, cares about his product. He gave us a great price on our weekly yard maintenance and we will use him in the future for other projects.

Description of Work
Installed sod

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

11/29/2014

Ida K.

They mow the grass and cut some shrubs. They were dependable and they come every two weeks.

Description of Work
I used Elmer's.

Work Completed On 11/13/2014

11/20/2014

Wanda K.

Elmer came and provided estimate to create a single wide driveway to a double wide, including breaking up/removing concrete. He also took the same stone and redid the stairs, walkway up to the front porch and the front porch. Elmer also had double railings created to match the railing coming up the front stairs. Elmer was there at the beginning of the work, during the work and at the completion of the work. His crew, due to rain, stayed late and finished on a weekend. They were friendly and extremely professional cleaning up daily. As my underground sprinkler system had to be rerouted, they contacted Julio's Irrigation and ensured that the underground system was working. Elmer's Lawn and Garden is an absolutely wonderful company and Elmer is fabulous.

Description of Work
created double wide driveway, new steps, new porch

Work Completed On 07/28/2014

Review for Elmer's Lawn & Garden  - PO Box 8233, Falls Church, VA - 18907394

09/04/2014

Michael G.

The employees were on site no more than fifteen minutes, didn't weed, when asked to put out trashcan of branches to curb they said they'd come back in the morning and never did, forcing me at 88 to drag the can out myself. I had to threaten them with not paying the bill to get them to come and weed. The worst thing was when they cut up a small dead tree then threw the wood over the fence onto a neighbor's wooded property. Repeated calls to then about this have gone unanswered.

Description of Work
Theycwere hored to mow the lawn, weed when needed, carry out a trashcan of small dead branches to curb once a week, mulch, rake leaves in Fall.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

07/01/2014

Russell H.

Elmer's Lawn and Garden is a great, family-owned company. Their price is reasonable at $35 per cut, including edging and weeding. They even sent me a Christmas card. Very reliable.

Description of Work
Mowed the lawn and pulled weeds.

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

06/27/2014

Janice H.

Called for an appointment for an estimate and receptionist never put my name on the calendar. Called again for an appointment and he showed up late but he came. Gave me a very high estimate however I was willing to work with him to have things done a little at a time. I have called twice and asked for him to call me and I have not yet heard from him. I will not use his company nor would I ever recommend him to anyone I know. Very poor service and professionalism.

Description of Work
This provider did nothing.

Work Completed On 06/17/2014

04/22/2014

Patricia L.

ELMER'S LAWN and GARDEN are excellent. I've been using them for about four years. He's very reliable. He always prepares a written estimate for things I need done. He never just tells me verbally. He's very good. I've used him in the past for putting in walkways and things like that.

Description of Work
He takes care of my lawn care. He does regular weekly care and clean-up.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/22/2014

04/20/2014

Catherine B.

LOVE THIS COMPANY! There are many yard service companies around. Some are pushy and rude and some don't do what you want, but rather what they want to do. Elmer's is not like that! We live on an acre with the house in the middle of that land. We pay $40 a week for mowing. If it doesn't need to be mowed, they don't come out and I don't get a charge for that week. Billing is monthly. If you want something extra done, you just have to ask. Little stuff, I have never been charged for. They mow, edge, blow, bag everything and the yard looks fabulous. We had them refer a sprinkler installation company and were thrilled with them as well. The other thing we love about using Elmer's is that, if we don't need it, they don't push it. For example, seeding. If the time has past to really do it right for the year, they won't do it. We appreciate that so much! It is so nice to be able to do business with someone who is honest and polite and professional. We recommend him very highly and with zero reservation!

Description of Work
Elmer's does it all! We started using them last year for weekly mowing. We asked for a spring clean up with mulching for the front that involved edging a long neglected bed that runs the length of the property. We had them do fall clean up too.

Work Completed On 04/17/2014

02/24/2014

Johanna S.

All the crew was very hard-working and performed an enormous amount of work in record time. We had used Elmer's services before and plan to use him again.

Description of Work
Elmer's crew took down several trees, thinned out others, removed some existing piles of wood in our yard (along with the trees and branches that were cut down) and had some contracted individuals grind several tree stumps. Elmer's crew did a great job, cleaned up beautifully (even the street in front of our house ). We were very pleased all around.

Work Completed On 11/20/2013

11/07/2013

Russell H.

I sent an email via Angie's List, and Alma from their company responded promptly and sent Elmer out right away to give me an estimate. He showed up first thing this morning (as promised), and did all of the work that I requested. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Elmer cleaned my gutters and blew to the street all leaves on my .30 acre lot.

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service

Work Completed On 11/07/2013

06/27/2013

DONNA L.

I have been using Elmer's Lawn and Garden since 2006. They do an execellent job. The cost are reasonable. I cannot provide cost because it depends on which services you use and frequency. I would highly recommend Elmer's Lawn and Garden.

Description of Work
LAWN SERVICE-MOWING, EDGING ,BLOWING, TRIMMING, SPRING CLEAN-UP, GUTTER CLEAN

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/25/2013

05/28/2013

Kathleen L.

Work time estimate 6 hours;agreed to price based on time actual work 3 1/2 hours Courteous, Efficient workers -Did not trim all bushes/shrubs; -Did not spread weed prevention completely Received recommendation to use Elmer's from inlaw If I were to reconsider using Elmer's in future; would negotiate price carefully

Description of Work
Spring Clean up: Trim Bushes/shrubs; pull weeds from flower bed(3x25);remove old mulch;edge around flower bed;deliver/spread mulch(9yrds;deliver/spread weed prevention

Work Completed On 03/29/2013

03/06/2013

Michael F.

My neighbor obtained several bids for lawn service recently and he agreed to also obtain estimates for my yard. Elmer's being the best estimate, I called and asked him to work on my yard. The work was very professionally done. The yard looks great! All leaves, branches, weeds and debris have been cleaned up. Elmer supplied a good grade of mulch and applied it everywhere needed. They did a great job and I highly recommend their service!

Description of Work
Spring yard clean up (leaf and branch removal), clean out flower beds and mulch.