College Hunks Hauling Junk

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2014

3431 Carlin Springs Road Suite “B”

Falls Church, VA 22041

At College Hunks, our professionally-certified team members see each client as more than just a "job." We know that every situation comes with unique circumstances and we're extremely mindful of that while we work. What makes us great: Collegiate, friendly, uniformed professionals. We do ALL the

07/27/2022

Minda D.

Team Rudy M and Patrick were amazing; they worked relentlessly, moving back and forth from my 3-level home to the truck without taking a breather. They were sweating like h*** but never complained about the heat. They were very professional, polite, and amiable. When we parted, they wished me good luck with my move. I would have given them 10 stars instead of 5!

Description of Work
Hauling miscellaneous stuff that won't fit in the house I'm moving to. The job was labor and time instensive. Among them were a fifty year-old church type organ with a double deck keyboard and sound producing foot pedals; two old big screen Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TV's, 1 in the basement recreation room, and another on the main level recreation room; books from 2 large book shelves, 1 in the study on the main level, and another upstairs in the master sitting room; stuff stored in two crawl spaces in the basement including a large artificial christmas tree; tall old style speakers, VHS players, portable cassette recorders, and more.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

01/04/2021

Judith F.

Ronnie, Akai, and Rickey were polite and explained how the service worked. They gave me an estimate and explained what it was based on. I agreed and they made short work of the job, including a very heavy item. Thanks so much and I will certainly use the service again.

Description of Work
Pickup of some junk and some items to donate that were too large for me to handle

Category garbage collection, hauling services

07/16/2020

Victoria B.

I have used College Hunks of Falls Church twice in two weeks and both times the service was excellent. The two teams that came to my apartment were prompt, efficient and friendly. They were also very neat and clean.They worked hard to pack my load economically. My complex gets a discount with another service but I used College Hunks because I was so pleased with the job they did. I will continue to use them in the future!

Description of Work
Junk hauled away

Category garbage collection

Thx Victorra for the "A" review and thx for using CHHJ of NoVa!

03/20/2020

John H.

Very well; two outstanding young men (Moe and Cornelius) called ahead of time and we coordinated to adjust the appointment time with no problem. They were professional and did a great job! I would hire them again and again.

Description of Work
Removal and disposal of a refrigerator from the 4th floor

03/05/2020

Carole C.

The team of Cornelius, Jose and Juwan did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Had a large piece of exercise equipment removed from basement.

Category hauling services

Thx for the "A" review [Member Name Removed] and thx for using CHHJ of NoVa!

08/04/2019

J W.

The gentleman, Leray, gave an estimate of the items that were to be hauled away,; the quotes were reasonably priced. Both men were professional, worked quickly in loading all the items, without any damage to my property. They accepted Angie's 5% coupon and honored the Senior Citizen 5% discount without question. I will recommend this company to anyone who needs trash removal services.

Description of Work
Trash removal included, 4 chairs, A/C Unit, Cooler, Table and Treadmill estimated @ 1/3 load size

Category hauling services

Thx for the "A" review and for using College Hunks of NoVa. We're thrilled we met expectations and please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

01/14/2019

Suzanne G.

The office staff was very nice and helpful, and scheduled me for a date that same week. The receptionist explained how the pricing system worked. The day the Hunks come, they give you an estimate of how much your job will cost. If you don't like their estimate, you can send them away, no charge. The two young men who came, Alberto and Demonte, were personable, professional and efficient. The job was done in an amazingly short amount of time and the price was reasonable. We will definitely be using their services in the future.

Description of Work
We needed an old school very big and heavy sony tv removed, and a couple big furniture items moved from upstairs to downstairs. Also an old sofa and table needed to be junked.

Category hauling services

Thx so much [Member Name Removed] for the "A" review and thx for calling on CHHJ of NoVa.

11/09/2018

Jennifer S.

I hired CHH when I was moving apartments, Jimmy and Marcus did a terrific job and were very professional! They called 20 mins before they were going to be there, arrived right on time and introduced themselves right away. They clearly had been trained in processes and procedures to get the job done most effectively and efficiently. When we got up to the apartment they asked for a tour of the place, what needed to be moved and where it was being moved to. Before they started we walked through all the paperwork and confirmed expectations for the job. Jimmy and Marcus worked very well together. They communicated on order of moving stuff and who was going to do what. I had a big bed frame that needed to be moved and turns out taken apart. They jumped right in to get it taken care of without me having to give them any direction. The couch ended up not fitting where I thought it would and when I came back in the room they had already been problem solving on solutions of where to put it and had thought through the effects of sunlight, TVs not being up windows, etc, in making their recommendation. I'd highly recommend hiring them for your next move.

Description of Work
Moving between apartments

Category moving companies

07/10/2018

Karen P.

Price was way too high. College Hunks wanted to charge me $670. I had another guy come and take it away for $225. I gave an overall grade of “A” because they did respond right away and came to give the quote when they said they would. They were also very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Had a pile of junk cleaned out from our basement that needed to be hauled away.

12/29/2017

Bessie S.

Prompt, efficient, kind, and very very flexible! We called them to originally remove some furniture for donation and they ended up offering to help us move as we were moving the same day. They went above and beyond and really did an amazing job! They came on short notice and used the rest of the time window allotted to help us move boxes, our heaviest furniture, and helped us pack our truck which really helped us while we were in a bind! I would like to recognize the 3 who helped us, Abraham, Baki, and Nate! They worked well as a team and helped us move before the snow started to fall!

Description of Work
Junk Removal, Moving, and Truck Packing

Category hauling services, moving companies

Thx for the great review and thx for using CHHJ!

12/01/2017

Philip/Sylvia G.

When the truck arrived, we were told that the price would be $279, because the pieces were large and heavy. We explained that the telephone price was $169, but the gentleman said that the price on the telephone was based on a small couch. To us, this smells of bait and switch.

Description of Work
We needed a couch and loveseat removed and given to Goodwill industries. Over the telephone, we described the pieces as "leather, large, and heavy". We were given a price of $169 for this service.

Category hauling services

I'm sorry to hear that your experience with CHHJ of NoVa was anything less than exceptional. We try to be completely transparent with our pricing and, as such, our call center never quotes prices over the phone. Rather they explain what our minimum, 1/2 truck and full truck prices are and then explain that when the crew arrives, they will give you an exact price. At that time, you decide if you want to use our service. Again, my apologies if any of this wasn't well communicated.

11/13/2017

Maria M.

Two young men showed up and estimated about half truck. When I challenged that I didn’t think it was going to be that much, they said they would see. To my pleasant surprise, they loaded the truck in a very organized fashion and were able to charge me only a quarter truck. They also swept up after they finished loading! I was very happy with their work.

Description of Work
We needed some demolition debris removed from one room in the house. It was a small amount with some doors that could be recycled.

Category hauling services

Thank you for the "A" review [Member Name Removed] and thx for using CHHJ of NOVa!

09/11/2017

Ravi C.

Very smooth and team is very professional

Description of Work
Moving furniture and hauling junk

Category hauling services

Thanks for the great review. We're glad you were satisfied with the service and hope you will call us again in the future when you need our services.

09/11/2017

Lloyd K.

Very Well . They also broke down a cabinet and hauled it of.

Description of Work
Trash hauled.

05/28/2017

Mark C.

When the guys showed up to my house, the price sky rocketed from $500 to $1024. I ended up calling another company (B & D Hauling and Moving) which did the job for only $275.

Description of Work
Bath and switch!!! I called College Huck because they would pick up for a local charity. I was quoted a price of $500 by phone to remove all the unwanted items from my garage.

05/21/2017

Brett B.

Adam C. and Josh K. were great. They were on time, professional and quick. We had a lot of stairs and the guys got the job done.

Description of Work
They hauled away a lot of unwanted items during a move - including a heavy TV and bed.

Category hauling services

Thank you for the "A" review. We're happy you were pleased with the service and hope you will call us again in the future whenever needed.

04/22/2017

Chris C.

When they arrived they said the quote would only cover removal of the smaller sofa and the total would be 3 times the quote! STAY AWAY FROM THESE DISHONORABLE HAS A WELL DESERVED F RATING BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH OPERATION. Deserves a better good law suit for violating the Virginia Consumer Protection Act.

Description of Work
I provided a meticulous list online of the items to be removed (1 large and 1 medium sofa, 3 area rugs, and some empty cardboard packing materials). I received a reasonable quote online and booked them.

04/10/2017

Joseph P.

It went very well. The staff was helpful both on the phone and in person. Very professional.

Description of Work
Moved a donated a media amoroire to Goodwill. College Hunks charges by truckload or portion of truckload used.

03/21/2017

Charles R.

Removal went well. The gentlemen were very careful. They had to make a rather difficult turn with the piano and decided how to accomplish it without a problem.

Description of Work
An upright piano and carpet were removed.

01/13/2017

Elizabeth L.

Very professional and friendly. Punctual and affordable. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
hauling large items to Goodwill

12/07/2016

Pat F.

From estimate to finished work the team was professional, on time and efficient.

Description of Work
Cleared out a property in Reston, VA.

11/26/2016

Cathy H.

College hunks did an amazing job for my move. The price was very reasonable and service was great!

Description of Work
Moving to my new home!

11/26/2016

Cathy H.

College Hunks Hauling Junk did an excellent and very professional job for us. Their price was very reasonable too. I would strongly recommend it to my friends.

Description of Work
Moving and remove Junk.

11/18/2016

Cathy H.

It went very well. College Hunks Hauling Junk did an excellent job for us. I am so happy with their price and services. Will strongly recommend them to my friends and relatives!

Description of Work
I requested a Moving service from Burke to Springfield VA.

07/15/2016

Cristine M.

They put a huge scratch in my wood floors and charged too much.

Description of Work
They hauled away a few items from my townhouse and donated to charity.

Artisan Movers

Enjoy A Relaxing & Seamless Move, Without All The Headaches and Anxiety Associated With Relocating! Artisan Movers offers you a reliable relocation experience through constant communication. Ensuring you a seamless and relaxing transition into your new home. We are your source for Full Service, Stress-Free Moving with same-day service and competitive pricing on your next local or long distance move. We strive to bring a VIP moving experience to everyone in the DC Metro area, and beyond.

Award 2022
    Offers by Artisan Movers on Angi
    AIS Companies, LLC

AIS Companies, LLC is the most trusted provider of dumpster rental, roll off rental, and hauling services in the Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland metropolitan areas. By providing the finest service possible, we establish long-term relationships with commercial and residential customers. We rent dumpsters in sizes ranging from 20 to 30 yards. Considering our rental terms are adjustable, you can rent for as little as one day or as long as a couple of weeks. Our trained drivers will arrive at your place to collect the dumpster  and its contents. We make things simple for you!

Award 2022
    DMV Cleanout Crew

We are local eco-friendly junk removal and recycling service, and we service all of the DMV and surrounding regions. please feel free to give us a call anytime, if you'd like a free estimate. What we do is: -regular junk removal -free book pickup services -house cleanouts -garage cleanouts We also provide detailed donation receipts for any items we donate, This includes our book pickup services as well.

Complete "Junk" Hauling, General Labor & Moving Services