Carmel Mechanical Svc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2011

3016 Strathmeade St

Falls Church, VA 22042

Heating and Air Conditioning...

03/20/2017

Brian B.

Excellent but took 2 days to get part.

Description of Work
Gas furnace ignitor for burner required replacement and part had to be ordered.

01/25/2016

Marybeth F.

Tom's service is outstanding. When my air conditioner broke last summer, Tom came to my house at 8:00 pm after working all day on installing another customer's HVAC system. When I said he could come in the morning, he told me when his customer does not have AC in the heat of the summer, he calls that an emergency that cannot wait until the next day. At no charge, he got our AC working again that night. Since our HVAC was 20 years old, Tom advised that it was time to get a new system which was true. He installed a new Trane HVAC that works great. Last year, when our heat pump broke we had a similar experience with Tom. He came right away and installed a second new Trane for us. That system had a few issues, but each time Tom came out immediately and fixed the problem. It now works great. Tom will give you honest advice, he will always be on time or early, and he will provide excellent service at a fair price.

Description of Work
Installed two new Trane HVACs for the upstairs and downstairs

07/14/2015

Philip S.

Tom is terrific. First, he actually fixed a 20-year-old system that appeared to be beyond repair, which was crucial to giving us some time to evaluate replacement options in a very hot period of the Summer. Second, he proposed an excellent replacement system for our needs. Third, he offered me a price that was much, much lower than the quotes I received from two other providers (for the exact same system and equipment). Finally, although he is the master technician and owner, he does all the work himself - rather than assign it out to a less experienced apprentice. As a consequence, the work was very well done, in a very short period of time. I am glad we found Tom; all service providers should be like him.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioning system, evaporator coil, and furnace.

05/01/2015

Marie F.

Tom and his crew worked hard to get in the system as quickly as possible. They were able to get everything installed in two days. They cleaned up after themselves and were kind and professional. Working at our house can be annoying due to the dogs. We try to keep them out of the way as much as possible, but Tom and his crew were really sweet to them. Tom is a really nice guy and a very straight shooter in terms of cost and time. He came in exactly at estimate and we will work with him again for other projects. The project took a little longer than he thought when one of his crew got caught up, but they worked late the first day to get as much done as possible. Tom was able to finish it up quickly himself the next day. I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Tom and his guys replaced our nineteen-year-old HVAC system with a new furnace and air conditioner.

03/25/2014

Maureen B.

Tom is great! He is low-key, down-to-earth, honest and trustworthy. In the past he has installed a new water heater and AC coil for us and last week he put in the new furnace humidifier. He is easy to work with and does a great job!

Description of Work
Install new furnace humidifier

05/12/2013

Gina T.

We contacted Tom and were able to set up an appointment at a time convenient to us within a day or two. We needed Tom to evaluate our HVAC system and take care of one item as detailed in a home inspection associated with our home sale. Tom quickly reviewed the home inspection information, evaluated our system and advised us on next steps. He completed the work quickly, reasonably and wrote a detailed receipt to clearly indicate what work was completed so as to satisfy the home inspection items.

Description of Work
We needed our HVAC unit serviced as part of a home inspection finding for a home sale.

10/09/2012

Cindy K.

Excellent, the work was completed in one day as promised. Tom and his staff were organized, efficient and knowledgeable. Upon completion they cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Replaced main floor zone HVAC unit. Existing system was builders grade and over 12 years old. Replaced with high efficiency top of the line Trane system. Although we could have spent less money, our cost was reasonable. Carmel's customer service was great. It was an all inclusive price, no additional add-on(s) at time of service.

03/25/2012

KELLY A.

I called Tom in November to investigate a noise coming from my heating system. He came to my house the next day and I was not exactly thrilled by the report that my 13+ year old system was simply old and dying. He was completely honest with me and told me that a repair would just be a waste of money. On a very tight budget, I said thanks, and my wishful thinking thought it would last another few years. Then this spring my reality finally hit when the AC just wouldn't turn on! Due to Toms honesty he was the first person to call. He then was at my house the next day and we discussed my options. He took plenty of time to explain all my choices and did not pressure me in any way to get more than what I needed. I did get some other comps and he was by far the most professional, trustworthy and had the best price. I went with him and he was at my house the next morning to install! I normally NEVER trust people to be in my house without me but I felt completely safe with Tom. He did the install, then did all the paperwork for the warranty for me and made sure that I knew how to work the system and had no questions before leaving. By that afternoon my house was clean, cool and quiet. I hope to not have to do that again for at least another 10 years but if i did or anyone I know does he would be the first name to come to mind!!!

Description of Work
Complete new heating and AC system installed

10/24/2011

Robert C.

Tom responded the same day to my call and brought out the right expert to estimate the work.

Description of Work
Company estimated services. Was very prompt - same day - and professional.

Richards Heating & Air Conditioning Co Inc

Family owner and operated since 1959, Richards Heating & Air Conditioning Co. has been designing, installing and servicing residential air conditioning and heating systems in the Washington Metropolitan area. We install “total comfort conditioning” systems to meet the unique configurations of individual homes, recommending systems that fit each customer’s needs. At Richards, we are proud of our work and are dedicated to maintaining a reputation in the industry and the community as reliable experts. Richards is a fully licensed and insured mechanical, gas fitting, and electrical contractor. We qualify in the installation and service of all aspects of heating & air conditioning systems. Our service department also offer three levels of service agreements to meet your needs.

Brennan's Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Since 1979, we have been providing homeowners and businesses throughout Northern Virginia with our award-winning customer service, outstanding products, affordable prices and superior workmanship. Whether you are in need of emergency service, preventive maintenance, a new HVAC system or you just want to learn more about how to reduce your monthly energy costs; our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always ready to help. We are here when you need us! 2014 - 2020 Carrier Presidents award. Additional contact: Liz Cain. Additional phone: (703) 291-1677.

Cosmos Heating & Cooling Co

Cosmos Heating & Cooling, a family owned business and now Best Selling author on Amazon of the following self-help book: Insider Secrets Of The HVAC Experts. They have been servicing the Northern Virginia area since it was founded in 1986 by Constantis “Gus” Christofi. The one man operation thrived through unending dedication, commitment to quality, and honest hard work. For the past 7 years, with his son George at his side, the family-owned heritage continues to afford its customers with unmatched service, excellence and skilled quality work. We Are Licensed & Insured and Service All Unit Brands. Additional contact name - George Christofi. Award winning.

Satisfaction