Pond Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1964 • With Angi since July 2005

2018 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing, Siding, Gutters, and Skylights! Pond Roofing Company is a family-owned and operated business serving Northern Virginia residents for over 50 years. We have been consistently named one of the top companies in the Washington, D.C. area. Our mission is to provide outstanding customer service and focus on client satisfaction. Let us help you with your exterior needs. Award winning. Senior and Military Discounts....

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

roofing (685)gutter repair (127)skylight installation (63)siding companies (49)window replacement (23)door installation (17)roof cleaning (23)plumbers (20)general contractors (17)chimney repair (15)handyman (11)woodworking (10)

11/16/2021

Thomas T.

Excellent! Efficient and went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied with the service and help with the insurance claim.

Description of Work
Replacement roof

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

06/30/2021

Dieu N.

Lonnie, the estimator, was honest and very helpful. He worked with me to get an estimate for special requirements and advised on what work was needed or not. I've worked with him on multiple occasions for a few projects through the years. Patrick, the current owner, was very customer focused and ensured the work was done properly. He personally showed up to address an issue with the siding guys to ensure work was being done in accordance with our agreement. The crew was very professional and did quality work. I highly recommend them for any roofing and siding work.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and siding

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 02/26/2013

07/29/2020

Fred P.

Contacted the company about a gutter repair project. Their company web site and their Description on Angie's List both specifically indicate that they do gutter repairs. But the response I received from the company is that they only do new gutter installations or full replacements; they do not do repairs.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category contractors, gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

We apologize for the inconvenience. We thought we had removed all mentions of gutter repair from our website a few months back. As far as Angie's List, their category is "Gutter Repair and Replacement." We cannot change their category but we've found a way to fix it in our description on Angie's List. We no longer perform gutter repairs for a reason. Over the years we've discovered that when one gutter on a home needs some sort of "repair," it generally needs to be replaced. Most of the time the others are in similar condition or follow soon after. So when we would show up for a "repair" request and recommend replacement some would get angry and feel that we were just trying to make a bigger sale. We really just wanted to recommend what was best for them and their home. By offering to "repair" them we felt that we were not offering our potential customers the best level of service. Why let someone throw good money after bad? We hope you found someone to perform the work.

07/09/2020

Susie S.

One hundred percent pleased with their work. Gave me a great discount after finding out I was with Angie's List. Price was great.

Description of Work
Window Installation

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it. Please call us if you need anything.

03/28/2020

Neil W.

Excellent! The guys replaced the roof with premium quality shingles and also replaced the skylight. The work was completed very quickly and the quality was excellent. They even took before and after pictures of my roof.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 03/28/2020

10/31/2019

Susie S.

I got estimates from 4 different companies for the replacement of 19 windows in my home. Shanti Smith provided the most professional presentation, far exceeding the other estimates. He was able to match the window frame color precisely to the siding on my home, which was an important factor. The installation crew arrived promptly on the day scheduled, and returned the following day to finish the job. I am most satisfied with the quality of the windows and the workmanship of the installation. I am confident that I got a very fair price to replace the windows in my 30 yr old home. Pond Roofing and Exteriors is a great top-notch company to contract with, and I will certainly use them again in the future. I highly recommend them to potential customers.

Description of Work
Replacement of 19 windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

08/01/2019

Sandra F.

I selected Pond because I kept hearing their name come up from three or four totally unrelated people! Not something you come across often. I signed the contract April, and had to wait 8 to 12 weeks for the job to actually get done unfortunately. However, the job went well and were accommodating when I pointed out an additional patch that was needed in another area of the roof upon their arrival. All was repaired in a couple of hours (if that I think), and have had no issues since. I always recommend them whenever someone asks about roofing.

Description of Work
Patching some minor leaks in roof

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

06/12/2019

Carrie M.

Brilliantly!! Shanti was punctual, professional, helpful, and highly informative - going above and beyond the call of duty! I had a leak and the cause turned out to be an old dish pulling away from the roof exposing some holes that required patching. He found the problem and took care of all of it right then and there! I will need my roof replaced in the next year or two and I will definitely use Pond Roofing Co! I highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Roof inspection and a couple holes filled to stop a leak.

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

01/28/2019

Sarah C.

Pond Roofing did some minor roof repairs for us. We also used Pond Roofing for a full roof replacement. They are responsive, courteous, and reasonably priced. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, roof repairs

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

01/28/2019

Kathleen V.

Excellent. The work was done promptly and was of Pond's usual high quality.

Description of Work
Fascia board replacement and roof repair

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

01/25/2019

John N.

Extremely well. Good work in one day with follow-up detailed area clean-up the next day. They took most of the actions required with insurance company and copied us. Very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Roof replaced due to storm damage

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Nancy G.

Pond Roofing replaced my roof after last year’s wind storm. They were extremely responsive, showed up on time and provided a temporary repair to prevent water damage from missing shingles while the materials were on order. On the day of the roof replacement they arrived on time and worked diligently. They cleaned the site after the replacement and left my yard and flowerbeds in good order. I couldn’t be happier with their work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Lewis E.

Went well no problems except reflashing and sealing of chimney box required after completion.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

Karen B.

I was impressed with the detail of the inspection of the roof and attic before an estimate was given. They actually went up on the roof which mattered because some underlayment had to be replaced. There was a problem with the size of my skylights, which they were eager to work through. I had a continuing leak, which turned out to be from the siding installation and some missed caulking ( a different company) which they found for me and fixed anyway. I am very please with the end product!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and skylight installation

Category contractors, roofing, skylights

Yeshvanth E.

Excellent company, good service quality. Post job completion, there were some small issues that I informed the company. They came out immediately and fixed the problem. Very responsive and prompt.

Description of Work
Replace some undersized gutters in the house

Category gutter repair, roofing

William F.

Took several months to start work, but like all roofing companies at the time they had a large backlog and informed of that fact before producing a contract.

Description of Work
Replace missing shingles, section of trim, seal leaks around stacks

01/15/2019

james L.

Professional, prompt, courteous and reliable.

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

01/15/2019

David H.

The installation went as smoothly as could be. The worker started on time and finished on schedule. They did a thorough and careful job.

Description of Work
Replacement windows installed

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

Eben P.

quick and well done. no leaks 7 months later.

Description of Work
Sealed leaky skylight

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

steven L.

Everything went as planned. Crew did excellent job and everything turned out great. Price was good and the project manager Shanti was excellent to work with... he went up and beyond to make everything perfect and get all my questions and issues solved. Very happy with this company. Would absolute recommend!

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

James C.

Did a good job finding and fixing the leak

Description of Work
Fixed roof leak

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

12/25/2018

Marshall V.

Team Pond was very decent in price and putting a proposal together for us however we decided to go with another product and install that their firm did not offer. Would hire again for standard roofing job anytime.

Description of Work
Patio roof replacement

Category roofing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 12/25/2018

12/14/2018

Mike R.

I think (hope) I ended up with a good job but it wasn't without frustration. First off, they quoted me 8-10 weeks before they could start to work. I called around to several other roofers to see if they could start sooner, and I didn't get much better lead time. It was nearly 3 months before they started work. The roof repairs were pretty straightforward other than they forgot a couple of things on the "to do" list, and needed to be reminded. Gutters and downspouts were replaced all around the house. I had some issues with how they handled the downspouts on the ground end and discovered several high spots in the gutters where water puddled up and didn't reach the downspouts. They eventually came back with some additional parts and adjusted the pitch of the gutters (this time they tested them with buckets of water) and although I wasn't thrilled with the final job, it was probably the best I was going to get. One of the problems was that the original downspouts weren't really in the right place and they just put the new ones where the old ones were. I wish the estimator had recognized that and suggested that they re-position the new ones. That would have helped with the gutter pitch problem, among other things. He told me that it's their practice to put new downspouts where the old ones were so as not to leave unused holes in the siding or leave paint that didn't age to the same color as the rest of the house as a result of being in the shadow of the downspouts. Also, he told me that there might be additional wood that needed to be replaced when they started hanging the new gutters. This is standard roofing language, but generally the unplanned wood replacements are hidden under shingles. He could have done a better job of estimating the amount of wood that needed replacement - it was nearly $1000 above the estimate/contract. I might have been able to head off a couple of the problems if I could have discussed them with the work crew, but there wasn't anyone on the work crew who had a good command of English, so communication was difficult. I ended up with a couple of kludges for connecting the new downspouts with existing (and formerly connected to the old downspouts) buried drain pipes. I hope I don't need this sort of work done again, but now I know more about what might not go right so I might be able to avoid frustration and rework next time around. However, I think I'll look for another company rather than go with Pond again - for better or worse.

Description of Work
Roof Repairs and Gutter Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing