Mighty Men Moving Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2008

Rentals - Trucks

Locally owned & operated. Charges are determined by the hour. Website form may be submitted for ordering supplies & to receive a moving estimate....

Carmack Moving & Storage

Carmack Moving and Storage, Inc. is an independent, competitively-priced, full-service moving and storage company headquartered in Sterling, Virginia. We have a long and proud history of providing relocation and transportation solutions to clients locally and nationwide. Carmack is known for their innovation, knowledgeable people, high reliability, and excellent customer service. We have a state-of-the-art storage facility to store your treasures safely - short term or long term. Virginia Household Goods Carrier Certificate #665 U.S. DOT #1503939

Campbell Moving & Storage Inc

Campbell Moving is a Combat Veteran Family Business founded in 1978. The Campbell Moving mission is to be all that we can be because our customers deserve nothing less. We will be more than happy to serve you! Campbell Moving is a local, long distance, and international moving and storage company. Campbell Moving is one of the oldest moving companies established in the Northern Virginia area. Our ultimate goal is to develop long-lasting relationships with our wonderful client base.

Offers by Campbell Moving & Storage Inc on Angi
Students and Trucks LLC

Students & Trucks is a moving and hauling company serving Northern Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.--fully operated and run by students. We are local, experienced, and hard-working individuals who diligently accomplish each job effectively and efficiently. We specialize in junk removal, small moves, and furniture delivery. Our helpful team of high school and college students are always happy to answer any questions and assist you in any way we can.

02/06/2018

Wendy C.

Mighty Men Moving showed up on time and everything went smoothly. Courteous, professional and reliable.

Description of Work
Picking up appliance from warehouse and moving to residence

12/25/2016

Hans S.

John and Franklin were courteous and professional. Move went smoothly

Description of Work
Moving from storage to home

06/18/2015

Cheryl A.

I first hired this company because, after comparing multiple companies in the area based on quality and cost, they were the ones with the lowest price for the best quality of work (based on their ratings). I asked for the company to send two men, and no truck was needed since our new apartment was in the building next door to our old one. The two men who the company sent called to see if they could come a bit early, which worked out well for us. We didn't want the cost to get too high so we planned to just have them come for a few hours, and figured that would only be enough time to move a few larger pieces of furniture. However, we were extremely impressed by how much they got done. They moved almost ALL of our furniture within that time, as well as a significant amount of boxes. We lived on the fourth floor with no elevator, but they moved extremely quickly, despite the extreme heat and the trek to get up and down the stairs. I have heard from friends that some moving companies work slower to hike up the price, but they didn't take any breaks and were very efficient. They were also very careful and didn't damage any items, which I was amazed by because the apartment staircase was very small, so I assumed something would at least get scratched. We ended up tipping them a high percentage because we were just so impressed. I will definitely be using them the next time we move.

Description of Work
Might Moving Men moved our furniture and some boxes to an apartment right next door to our old one.

07/28/2014

Nick S.

I was very happy with the work performed. The movers used a multitude of pads and tap to secure and protect my belongings in the truck; they worked very efficiently but they did not take any shortcuts. They were polite, professional, pleasant, and did not gripe about having to disassemble (and reassemble) cribs and bed frames. They worked hard for 4 hours without any breaks, and cleaned up any mess they left behind. I would definitely recommend to anyone who needs moving services.

Description of Work
Mighty Men Moving moved our large boxes and furniture from a two-story, two-bedroom condo to a single family home.

09/27/2013

Meme M.

We used Mighty Men Movers just over a year ago and used them again for this move. Their team is professional and focused on the job! I would recommend them to friends and family. Easy to schedule and work with. Emmanuel, the owner, is responsive via email which makes scheduling and getting answers to questions easier.

Description of Work
Moved us out of a 3rd floor apartment into a single family home.

07/29/2013

Thomas J.

Several people recommended Mighty Men Movers (MM) to us, so after speaking with a couple other moving companies, we went with MM. Emmanual provided a estimate over the phone and also visited the condo to better understand the scope of the move. Because of the layout of the condo building, there were multiple sets of short steps between the front door and the moving truck. Once Emmanual saw this, he changed his estimate and crew size from two men to three men. He also estimated between three and four hours of moving plus one hour of travel. (Note: we were told the one hour of travel is standard regardless of how close the locations are to each other or the shop, your experience may vary). On the evening before the move, Emmanual emailed us to let us know his crew would arrive by 8:30am the next morning. The condo was small, so we had boxes everywhere in the house, limiting access to the furniture. We also had two storage units in the basement that needed to be moved. The morning of the move, however, we moved all of the items in storage outside before the movers arrived to expedite the move. Around 8:35am, MM called to tell us they had been held up but would be there as soon as possible. They arrived by 8:50am or so. The movers immediately went to work and before 10:30, had finished loading everything up. They drove to the house, and managed to park on the street in a way that gave them very fast access to the front door. The crew unloaded everything very quickly into the rooms they were directed to. They managed to carry our sofa into the basement, even through the access was very tight with a couple of narrow turns. Shortly after noon, the crew had finished unloading, and prepared the bill. Mighty Men charged us for only 3 hours, and gave a discount for paying in cash. We were very pleased with their efficiency -- even on a vey hot day. We will recommend MM to anyone looking for a mover, and -- if we ever move again -- will call MM first.

Description of Work
Moved boxes, furniture, and misc from a First Floor 1 BR Condo in Alexandria, VA to a 3 level SFH in Arlington, VA. Crew of three men provided by Company.

07/29/2013

Ellie S.

It was fabulous. As I stated to Emmanuel in my "thank you" email: Emmanuel – thanks for a terrific and painless process. I was very impressed with your customer service, follow-up and delivery. I will definitely use this company again and refer to anyone else who plans a move. I have used a "nationally recognized" moving company over the years and the service I receive from Mighty Moving Men far exceeds past experiences.

Description of Work
Moved large furniture and exercise equipment within my home (internal move).

06/11/2013

Meme M.

We were very pleased with the team and service! We are using them again when we move into our house a few blocks away later this Fall 2013!

Description of Work
We relocated to Falls Church VA from out of state and had a large approx. 30 foot ABF trailer filled with furniture and boxes that we hired Mighty Men Movers to unload and bring up to our new 3rd floor apartment. We also separated out boxes of things that would go to an off-site self storage unit and they meet us there to unload those boxes into the storage locker. The 3 man team, which included the owner, Emmanuel, were great. Honest, hard working and pleasant!

05/22/2013

Janet M.

Emmanuel and his crew were extremely professional, prompt and by far the best movers we have had. We are military so have seen our fair share of movers. This time we were hiring our own moving company for a local move and based our decision to hire Mighty Men Movers on word of mouth recommendations. We were not disappointed. The website clearly indicates there is a charge for to and from the move site and Emmanuel came out prior to the move to inspect what his crew would be moving. He made suggestions to make it easier and to even save us money. In the end, it was a very pleasant experience. In fact, we are moving again this summer and will use them again. Hoping to leave another positive review for this wonderful company.

Description of Work
Mighty Men Movers moved our large and heavy items locally.

04/06/2013

Heather S.

I made the mistake of thinking the 5-star Yelp reviews I read were honest and representative of the business and the manager--I can honestly say that, in my case, they're not. Emmanuel is rude and patronizing...and even worse than that. Please read to the end. Emmanuel quoted me a price over the phone. Then, after the move, I was presented with a bill at a higher price at the end of the move. When I called him to discuss before writing the check, he literally yelled at me, saying he'd done me a favor by sending one guy out instead of two. They charged me an extra hour from what he quoted me, for 'travel costs.' This was not discussed. And it seems pretty fishy, since my move was from Fairfax to Fairfax and they are located in Fairfax. I reluctantly ended up paying, and signing the bill, which said in fine print that I had only 48 hours to let them know if anything was damaged or missing--seems like a pretty short amount of time. But, then I discovered that some things seemed to be missing. I had a very small move, so missing items were pretty obvious. I spent a lot of time and effort looking for said items, but couldn't find them. When I called Emmanuel about it, he was dismissive, patronizing, rude--he all but refused to look for them, saying that *EVERYONE* they moved called him with claims of missing items. Interesting. When I was finally able to convince him to look, after a good 5 to 10 minutes of talking, he ended up finding the missing folding chair in a very short time. Oops. He made no offer to reimburse me for the items he didn't find. He delivered the chair to me, which was great. But, I still overpaid and then was treated like a jerk when they were actually in the wrong. I later discovered that my HD television had been damaged--has a huge shadow that splits the screen in two--and remembered seeing the mover dropping that box pretty hard. *sigh* Of course, it was more than 48 hours at that point. I just decided to stop payment on the check. Ok, so then a few days later, Emmanuel called me on my cell and it was the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. I picked up and was very polite with him. I said I would like to talk with him, because I really did want to let him know what was going on--I don't normally stop my checks. I asked if I could call him after work. But, he gave me a really hard time, saying, "I think you can talk right now." Rude! I finally got him off the phone, fuming, and decided 'screw him.' So, no call back. He ended up suing me in small claims court. But, small problem: due to the fact that the move they helped me with was only a short-term spot (3 week Craigslist arrangement until I moved to a more permanent place), the court papers were posted on a door where I no longer lived and the people who lived there didn't know where I had moved. I never forwarded my mail because I'd never received mail there. And then when I didn't show for the court date, Emmanuel, for some reason, decided to post the court papers for garnishing my bank funds on the address that was on my check--which was the OLD, OLD address. AND, on that paperwork, he posted my entire social security number AND my entire bank routing and checking account number!!! This is a form that is literally taped on someone's door and left there, for anyone to see--not even in an envelope. I talked with the folks at the courthouse about it and they were mortified, saying that was not normal--usually the last four digits were listed on those forms, only. And there was no reason for him to put my checking account information on the form--it wasn't asked for. Thankfully, I still knew the person who lived there. But, when I showed for that court date, unfortunately, I never got to tell my story to the judge because he asked me when I moved and I got confused about which move he meant. I guess he decided I wasn't telling him the truth. But, I was just confused. In the end, it cost me a lot more than the original move and I wasn't sure who might have my personal information. I don't even know how Emmanuel got my social security number. I still haven't decided how to handle that, but I'm pretty shocked and may end up doing something about it. Nightmare. Moving is a stressful enough experience without having the added stress of a nasty moving company manager making things even harder. My advice: avoid these guys.

Description of Work
Please see below.

Category moving companies

Local & long distance relocation, piano moving, hoisting, packing, furniture disassembly & reassembly, packing supplies & delivery, rental truck, storage, warehouse & office items moving.