Long's Corporation

Founded 1936 • With Angi since December 2006

Long’s Corporation has an extensive history of providing service to Northern Virginia. In fact, our grandfather began the business in 1936 with a distinct commitment to giving customers a fair and reliable company to turn to. Today, our commitment to you is as strong as ever. We are the third

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

4.3

plumbers (680)drain cleaning (98)sewer cleaning (32)water heaters (29)HVAC Companies (29)drain pipe installation (16)excavating (18)well & water pump repair (9)appliance repair (7)electrician (4)small appliance repair (2)gas leak repair (1)

12/01/2022

Wai A.

A week before thanks giving Long's Corp was sent to us by homeserve to diagnose why water backing up in the kitchen sink drain when take shower upstairs. John, Kyle and Mike came and diagnosed there is a broken drain line from 20" away from clean out in the basement room. To repair They need to dig the concrete slab about 5"×3". They charged us $ 5245. They supposed to camera the drain line after they digged. But They did not . They said they fixed the problem but the same day we have water back up again. When we called them they said we have like second broken drain pipe which is 9 " away from clean out. The question is if there is a broken how did they camera past 9 " and reached 20" distance and diagnosed broken pipe. From that moment we know they are lying to us. I dont believe there is any broken pipe. They are very dishonest. They diagnosed broken pipe unnecessarily and digged the slab. They should have recommand us just do hydrojettingThey used all our homeserve benefits .

Description of Work
drain like backing up

10/06/2020

Cheryl V.

Really awesome job. Courteous, clean, punctual and well priced.

Description of Work
Gas Lamp Conversion

Category appliance repair, electrician

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

08/26/2020

David C.

The technician arrived early, went right to work and quickly replaced the valves.

Description of Work
Replace leaking water valves for laundry room.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/10/2020

Johannes N.

We had a flooded bathroom and needed prompt service. This company claims 24/7 emergency service but told us they needed 24 hours to come to our location. They wasted an hour of our time during a crisis to tell us they couldn't deliver the emergency service we needed.

Description of Work
Emergency sewer

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Sorry Mr. [Member Name Removed] that we did not have availability at the time you needed .We try very hard to serve all our customers in a timely fashion. Hopefully you got your problem resolved. Thank you Longs Corporation

08/07/2020

mary K.

They did what they said they would do, they were very professional, they knew exactly what to do and they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They replaced the first water pipe.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you we appreciate your business. Longs Corporation

07/16/2020

DEBI J.

Excellent!! Kyle had to wait for some parts, because we did not know ahead of time. It went very well and everything looks great! As ever, Kyle is friendly, efficient, and hard working. The customer service rep was, as always, friendly, and very quick to get my answers back to me. I have always enjoyed working with Long's and look forward to the next time they come out for the overall service!

Description of Work
New water heater, new extension tank, and added drain tub under the water heater, tub faucet repair, pop up replacement in bathroom sink, replace piece to outdoor faucet.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for your kind words . We appreciate you being a loyal customer and are always happy to serve you. Longs Corporation

07/02/2020

Suzanne G.

They have always been excellent, clean, and trustworthy. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They do our plumbing inspections and have done repairs for years.

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Thank you for being such a loyal customer. We appreciate your business. Longs Corporation

02/05/2020

Kaui W.

They have been excellent, give consistent service, and are very responsive. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We have been using them for over 10 years for plumbing needs.

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

01/22/2020

Kris (Cynthia) H.

Plumber was professional, on time, courteous, and thorough, making sure the job was done right before he left. The office was extremely helpful and willing to answer questions. They were willing to give me an estimated price for likely repairs, which other companies that say they will send a plumber to your house for free, were not willing to do. The price given on the phone was exactly what I paid, to the penny. I don’t know how their prices compared to normal or average costs because this is the first time I have called a plumber in 15 years, so I didn’t rate that item.

Description of Work
Replaced inside control valve for external faucet.

Category

Cost $358.66

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

09/25/2019

DEBI J.

Very Well!!! Kyle unplugged the toilet with his special plumber kit and explained how we have a problem with a (forgot the name) hinge that is slightly off,and he cannot get his tool all the way through. He suggested leaving it for now, since the toilet is working. If it acts up again, then we may have to look into that hinge thingy. My words.

Description of Work
Unplug a toilet.

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

09/17/2019

Chris V.

Cannot state enough how wonderful this company is! They came out on a new construction build (8 months old house) for a sewage smell in the basement. I suspected the ejection pump/sealing. Initially, they sealed it up, and some other vent leaks. However, 3 days later, the smell was back. They sent out "their best guy" who identified the issue almost immediately-a sheared-off main sewer line. Got a reasonable quote, and they got the job. Did a great job! Almost 2 years later, I notice a water leak in the basement, and upon further inspection (rain storm) I found rainwater leaking in through the foundation, right where the repair was. I called Long's again, they came out quickly. Called me to say, "you're not going to like this, but we need to dig up the foundation again, as the seal may have broken." They did just that, and fixed it perfectly. I have witnessed several rain storms since then, and have inspected their top-quality repair, and it's sound. They didn't charge me a dime to come out again, whereas a lesser company might have quibbled over the cost. They didn't-they stand behind their work. I am very happy with them, and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
leaking main sewer line

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

07/24/2019

DEBI J.

It went great! Michael was absolutely fabulous! He did a great job, cleaned out mold from 2 sink drains that were really bad (hmmm, my oldest uses those sinks!!!) and cleaned the stopper too! I was extremely pleased with the result, very clean, and water moves as it should!

Description of Work
check all bathroom sink drains, and clean out mold.

Cost $80.55

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

02/07/2019

Kenny K.

Attempted to bill me $275 per hour and not the regular service call amount. Were not able to provide me estimate stating the water has several leaks and that he (Mike) would charge $275 per hour labor and cost of material. He said he quoted this price on the invoice but I don't see it. Not very honest and upfront and tried to over charge me. Very disappointed at the quality and professionalism of the company.

Description of Work
Service call to get estimate on pipes busted due to failed heating

Cost $89.5

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

10/05/2018

Alex M.

Ryan was outstanding. He showed up on time, walked me through the work that he was going to do and the costs. After the work was completed we reviewed everything together. This is the second time that I have used Long Corporation first was to replace my hot water heater and then this job. They always do quality work and are excellent. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Replace internal hardware in 3 Toilets and replace ball value in plumbing

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

08/19/2018

Alex M.

Two techs came to my house and removed my old water heater and replaced/installed a new one. They called ahead of time, were on time the day of the install, and did an excellent job. They also walked me thru how the unit works if I wanted to make any changes. I would defintely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced Water Heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

06/20/2018

Paul G.

I set up the appointment and was told that I would be charged $89 for the visit/evaluation. I was also told that once a repair estimate was provided, I could elect to have the repair made and apply the $89 toward the repair or decline (and pay the $89). I believe this is relatively standard practice. The plumber arrived on time and took a look at my faucet (the hot water handle would not shut off/something was wrong with the valve stem or the handle). After about 15 min of evaluation I was informed that they would need to order new parts but because it was a Danze (and not a more common brand like American Standard or Kohler) they were not sure if they could find the part(s). The plumber took photos of the faucet and said they would investigate and get back to me with a proposed repair/price. This was frustrating but seemed pretty reasonable. At this point, however, the plumber asked that I pay $150 for the visit. Her explanation was that she had to do some "extra investigative" work beyond what was included in the $89. This was simply insulting and a disingenuous business practice. I refused to pay a penny beyond the agreed upon $89 and was informed that once they were able to come back to me with a repair estimate I would not be able to apply the $89 toward the repair. Approximately five days later I was contacted by the Long's and was informed that they were unable to identify/locate the part and the they could not fix the faucet. I was told I would need to buy a new one. I did not take their advice and instead contacted Danze directly. After about 5 min. on their website I was able to ID the faucet (they actually have a tool to help you do this if you lost your original paperwork/documentation) After talking with a representative, they were happy to mail me a whole new handle assemble free of charge which I will replace myself. I would not recommend this company as they do not seem competent and were not genuine in how they conducted business. Lesson learned.

Description of Work
Repair Bathroom Faucet

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

05/23/2018

PAULA H.

I found water leaking through my downstairs ceiling on a Sunday about 9PM. Called Long's and a plumber came out by 11PM. I was assured the leaking had stopped, so the plumber agreed to return the next day. Turns out my upstairs toilet had cracked and I needed a new one. Long's delivered a new toilet to my home and the plumber installed it. After she was finished, she asked about other plumbing issues and helped me take care of some other small but annoying stuff. My plumber was Sherry and she was great!!!

Description of Work
Replace cracked toilet

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

05/09/2018

David W.

It went well. Ended up needing a 50' snaking to clean out the pipes.

Description of Work
Had a clogged drain

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

03/27/2018

MARY H.

Very well We were extremely pleased

Description of Work
Fixed leaking pipes

03/05/2018

DEBI J.

It went very well. Mike, who services my house many times, brought a new guy, ( named Mack? Sorry I am bad at names) and they worked quickly and professionally to fix the problem! I highly recommend Longs!

Description of Work
A minor toilet tank rebuild was done for the first floor toilet.

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

01/24/2018

Long came out with a snake and was able to cut off some of the tree root that came into the drain (we think that's what happened). The snake wasn't able to move anymore. IT WAS A HARD WORK. But we were able to use the drain. They came out again with a video and there seemed to be a big tree root. We will have to fix the root issue eventually, but for now we are good.

Description of Work
I had my basement flooded because of drain blockage to the main sewer.

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

01/06/2018

John H.

OUTSTANDING! I've grown tired of "corporate" contractors who claim to guarantee their work and gouge my wallet, so when I needed a plumber I went looking for a family owned business. I called and spoke to the nicest person who set up an appointment. Sherry arrived on time and without even asking her, put blue booties on her shoes and went to work. The first challenge I gave her was to fix my toilet, it would not flush. A "corporate" plumber came out a year ago and told my wife the Kohler toilet was a "bad toilet" and needed to be replaced. I said "no way" and simply shut down the toilet--I didn't need it and didn't want to replace such a new high end toilet. After a year of being annoyed by the inoperable toilet I called Long's, Sherry set to work. A half hour later, the so-called "bad toilet" was working like new. A miracle-worker. The shower clog was even easier for her to repair. I am so impressed with Sherry, Long's, and the price. I now have my go-to plumber and once the Spring thaw occurs, I will have some faucets for her to replace outside. To think that I paid another plumber over $300 to diagnose my toilet as "bad" (it's like like there's any electric circuitry in it) still annoys me, but Sherry's work eased that pain. BTW, she's pretty funny as well. Long's definitely earned this "A" rating from me.

Description of Work
Toilet repaired and shower drain unclogged.