We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2009

4867 Wheatstone Drive

Fairfax, VA 22032

We are a small family owned and operated business. All plumbing services are performed by licensed and insured professionals. We do not advertise commercially, all work is through references or as the preferred plumber for multiple local neighborhoods.

07/19/2021

George K.

They did a good job. They were easy to work with, very reliable, he understand the plumbing, and very good customer service.

Description of Work
They did the whole plumbing for my house.

04/13/2020

Jason S.

Our water heater was getting very hot, then not working at all. They came out to assess it and diagnosed it as the thermostat. They replaced it while here and it has been working great ever since. They could have easily sold us a new water heater but did not. We are also in another service industry and have referred them to others. All of our clients have also been please with their plumbing work!

Description of Work
Water Heater Not working

06/14/2018

Veronica D.

It went okay. But they were really late and it took forever to get it done. We gave a second chance and called for another job and they were really late again but that time we cancelled them and went with someone else. We just couldn't wait.

Description of Work
Plumbing -- snake a kitchen drain

02/21/2018

Linda G.

After I called 2 other plumbers and had no luck, these guys were able to find the problem in the ceiling leak and fix it permanently.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair

02/09/2018

Linda M.

Gidders and Sons Plumbing sent a plumber to my townhouse to search for the leak, which could have been an outside underground pipe or an inside toilet. The water was turned off, and it took a few days to determine the problem was with the toilet. I would gladly recommend Gidders and Sons Plumbing for their professionalism, skill, and perseverancel in diagnosing and repairing my water leak and would use them again for any plumbing needs.

Description of Work
I had unusually high water bills for the past 2 quarters and called a plumber, who was recommended on nextdoor.com to determine what was causing the water leak. Gidders and Sons Plumbing was recommended by several neighbors in my community.

12/28/2017

Michael O.

It was AWESOME. Seriously: single best contractor I’ve ever worked with, and that’s over 20+ years and three houses. My project was COMPLETELY custom, difficult, time-consuming, labor intensive, and had me looking over shoulders all the time. They did not need that, trust me- this family, and this work, is top-notch and super responsive. Awesome follow thru and follow up. I’d be happy to discuss any aspect, email me mtodell@msn.com.

Description of Work
Complete bath renovation, down to the studs. It was labor only, I bought/provided all fixtures, tile, furniture, toilets, etc.

Category home remodeling

05/03/2017

Joe M.

excellent - quick response & good work

Description of Work
replaced water pressure valve

01/11/2017

Casey B.

Professional technicians. They arrived on time and were able to quickly diagnose the water leak areas. I appreciated their ability to solve the issue right away.

Description of Work
Bathroom leak repair

09/24/2016

Elizabeth E.

Well the best part would be that they did fix everything, the worse part is that they had to do everything twice and they screwed up almost everything, they cause the house to be flooded but they did fix it everything in the end they were pretty happy with the result but it took a long time to get there.

Description of Work
I used Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC for plumbing, remodeling - kitchen & bathroom and fireplace.

Category plumbing, fireplaces, home remodeling

Every once in a while, we run into a client who interacts with us in a very positive manner, then slams us in a review with statements that are either flat out untrue or partially untrue. This was a large job with a variety of tasks from plumbing to gas. During the rough in, there was very little insulation; the existing (old) HVAC unit stopped working, the house froze and some of our piping burst, causing a water leak. The home owner could not find a contractor to respond to this emergency since it was February. I volunteered my mechanical contractor who came with 3 hours notice at 5:00 PM. He repaired the unit at no charge because of my relationship with him. The client did not even offer to pay the guy anything, not even a tip, that showed me the true character of the client. Finally, there was no mention of the "extras" we performed at no charge.

09/07/2016

Douglas P.

I called Barney and spoke with him about my situation and described the configuration inside and out. He gave me an estimate of $195.00 and I told him right away I accepted. He then surprised me by saying he would be there before the end of the day. Wow! I never expected to have someone respond so quickly. He arrived about an hour later and proceeded to do an outstanding job of replacing my hose bibb. He went the extra mile in attaching it to the brick veneer and insuring the fit on the inside did not put any undue strain on the copper sweated joints. I am satisfied completely and consider myself as having found my "go to" plumber for all future needs.

Description of Work
Replace my front Hose Bibb.

08/09/2016

Layne S.

They came back when they didn't do something exactly complete I mean most of the work they did they did well.

Description of Work
I used Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC for plumbing.

03/19/2016

Rob M.

Responded to email request for plumber saying that they lived in the same neighborhood and could come out next day in the afternoon. I called the next morning and told him what we needed. He said he would call me back in half an hour . But he never did. So another plumbing company is coming to our house. Gidders and Sons came highly recommended on kings park west facebook page for service providers.. It confirms my feeling that it is not a reliable source for some service provider commendations.

Description of Work
Answered email request for service

Category plumbing

This happened 4 years ago when we did not respond to a client because of me. As I said then and I will say now, we do not have a full time administrator to schedule appointments. Sometimes I get distracted and do not follow up as I should. I take full responsibility for this problem. My only response is to say that we are trying to be better in appointment scheduling.

01/25/2016

Marybeth F.

We have had several plumbing repair jobs completed by Barney and his team. There have been sink and shower faucets and toilets that were leaking or not working. His team figures out the cause of the problem and quickly goes about fixing it. They are professional, trust worthy, and priced fairly. And they always show up when they say they will and when it is an emergency, they show up immediately. I have referred them to clients (I am a real estate agent), and to my friends who have been equally pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Repaired shower and sink faucets and toilet

06/09/2015

Marsha B.

Very professional and knowledgeable. Owner and workers do excellent work.

Description of Work
Connected copper piping to backup generator.

05/06/2015

Joe W.

It’s a good and quick home service.

Description of Work
I used a plumber called Gidders & Sons Plumbing. They repaired an outside faucet and the kitchen faucet.

05/29/2014

Russ S.

Gidders and Sons Plumbing LLC were quick and did good work. They were also friendly.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing work for us.

01/08/2014

Joe W.

Also installed a shutoff valve for the two outdoor faucets in the basement supply line of each. | |Price a little higher than expected, but service was highly responsive and positively great. | |Graded B in quality solely because copper line cut for one shutoff valve in difficult area sprung a leak the day after they installed the valve. They resolved expeditiously. Will gladly use again.

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking water pressure regulator in basement of 30-year old house, and two leaking valves/faucets outdoors.

10/31/2013

Otto F.

They actually arrived a bit early which was nice. Introduced themselves and then immediately went to work. They reviewed what needed servicing and began repairs. One toilet needed a new wax ring and caulking and the other needed a new ball c*** and stopper. They noticed a lot of corrosion on the trap under the sink and we told them to go ahead and replace it. Work was done quickly. They were done in under an hour. Couldn't have asked for better service, courtesy and cleanliness.

Description of Work
Repaired two mis-functioning toilets and a 'P' trap under a basin.

08/08/2013

Joe M.

He was great. He did not charge me extra for coming out on a Sunday. The owner, Barney Gitters, came out and did the work.

Description of Work
They came out on a Sunday to do some emergency work. Our whole house shut off valve had broken and was begining to flood our basement. He went and turned off the water at the street and repaired the valves.

07/04/2013

Charles P.

It went great. Mr. Barney Gidders and his son. came on time and finished quickly. The backyard faucet had been giving me trouble on and off for two years. It is now fixed for good. I mentioned the other problem-an old valve that was hard to operate leading to the front ysrd outlet. He and his son quickly took care of it by installing an online valve. .Otherwise the job could have been complicated and expensive. His solution saved money and got the job done quickly and simply. It is a pleasure dealing with the Gidders.

Description of Work
Replaced old, leaking, outdoors hose bibb. Installed separate valve in another line to outside outlet.

05/25/2013

lacey S.

Just like in the Dateline episode, I felt like there really can't be that many dishonest plumbers out there. I called up two distinguished plumbers before Barney, and I couldn't believe it! I intentionally turned off the gas to my hot water heater and called up two people to come provide a "free" estimate on my 8 year old (but working just fine) hot water heater. The first one said it had to be replaced due to some nasty debris that was being expelled from my tank and the other said it just needed to be replaced due to age, and reassured me that 8 years was a long time use to get from a hot water heater. Barney arrived on time as confirmed the day before and within 30 seconds he asked me if I knew the gas lofficial was shut off. He laughed and slapped one of his magnetic business cards on my hot water heater and said that everything was working fine and that in the future if i did have REAL plumbing issues he would be happy to come out again. I apologized to him, we both had a laugh, and he went on his way. Did not cost me a penny. I did happen to get a new plumber i can trust to use in the future, if i need. Barney thank you for your honesty and integrity, you cant put a price on that.

Description of Work
Provided an honest free estimate on my hot water heater

04/23/2013

Brian P.

I was surprised to find out that I had a leak in my water service line. I immediately started calling plumbers that were rated highly on Angie's List and on Consumers' checkbook. I called 21 companies and had 7 come out to give estimates (many plumbers do not perform service line replacements). Gidders and Sons Plumbing was recommended by another highly recommended plumber and then I checked references. The first bid I received was $17,300 (GULP!). Gidders came in at $4,500. The other estimates were between $4,500 and $7,500. I did not pick Gidders because they were the cheapest. I picked them because I liked Barney, trusted him, and because he was very responsive. He came out and gave an estimate the same day as I called. So, from my perspective, someone then had to beat them out of the job. A couple were comparable (at a slightly higher price), but not good enough to take the job from him. In addition, I like the fact that they were recommended by another plumber and that their ratings were good. We had one change to the work schedule because of weather but, other than that, everything went smoothly and efficiently. No problems with permit or final inspection. Finally, Gidders and Sons was very easy to work with. They were flexible with the entire project, including details of when and where to connect the new water service line, avoiding damage to property, and contract terms. It is not often that someone will actually sit down and negotiate the terms of the contract. All of this convinced me that they would be a good company to establish a relationship with. They connected the new water service line into my existing underground sprinkler system at no additional charge. Finally, the dug out and replaced the bushes rather than trampling them. They could have made it my responsibility, ruined the plants, or just dug them up and left them aside -but they replanted them. Overall, an excellent experience with an otherwise unpleasant and costly surprise.

Description of Work
Installed a new water service line from meter to house using directional drilling (boring) and tie-ins.

04/01/2013

linda T.

I've used Barney before, He came on one days notice, He gave me a time window and arrived in the time. I felt like I needed to be there and explain the job in detail but soon relized he knew what he was doing... He did a wonderfull job as expected and such a pleasure to hire. It took him about an hour and he was so clean. I feel completely comfortable leaving him in my house and would hire him again in a second.

Description of Work
Barney changed a faucet, snaked the tub and connected a gas line to the water heater.

03/13/2013

Susan C.

We found the experience friendly and Mr. Gidders and his son easy to work with. The work was done quickly and although there may have been a couple of things that he needed to come back for, the response time was fast and the fix was done with a smile. Mr. Gidders showed up the very first day ready to do the work but we were only ready for an estimate that day and so they walked around with us and our checklist to view our projects and made suggestions on how best to work on them. They suggested where to look at faucets and to call the manufacturer for replacement parts that should be under warranty. They worked within our budget. And Mr. Gidders has good stories to tell. I like the new faucet in the kitchen, even though it was a different color from what I had asked for. He was going to re-order it but I liked this one better and am happy that I kept it. I wiill definitely call them if I need plumbing work again, though I hope that we don't.

Description of Work
We had several projects, including replacing the kitchen faucet, fixing several leaking faucets indoors and out. Replaced the pipe to the outside hose in the front and moved it to the side where it is now easier to get to.

07/09/2012

Giselle P.

We have been using Gidders and Sons Plumbing for the past 7 years for all our plumbing work. Barney always comes when he says he will, does an excellent job and charges a very fair price. No job is too big or too small for them. We trust Barney because he is always straightforward with what needed to be done. He would not dream up some "chronic problem" to get more money from us. We are very impressed with Barney's expertise, his patience and his truthful advice to us. His main goal is to provide high quality service to his customers. This father-son business represents the kind of work ethic that's long gone.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet; repair dishwasher; renovate upstairs bathroom; fix drainage problems, etc.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Happy Drain Guys, LLC

We specialize in all types of plumbing services, repairs, inspections, installations, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services.

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    VA
    Virginia: Contractors
    07/31/2024

Plumbing & Gas Services. Drain stoppages. Bathroom Remodeling

With our partners (carpenters, tile, and electrical), we should be able to solve most every issue within the home.