Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC

07/31/2022

4867 Wheatstone Drive

Fairfax, VA 22032

www.Giddersplumbing.com
We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are a small family owned and operated business. All plumbing services are performed by licensed and insured professionals. We do not advertise commercially, all work is through references or as the preferred plumber for multiple local neighborhoods....

plumbers (44)home remodeling (8)fireplace services (1)

07/19/2021

George K.

They did a good job. They were easy to work with, very reliable, he understand the plumbing, and very good customer service.

Description of Work
They did the whole plumbing for my house.

Work Completed On 07/03/2021

04/13/2020

Jason S.

Our water heater was getting very hot, then not working at all. They came out to assess it and diagnosed it as the thermostat. They replaced it while here and it has been working great ever since. They could have easily sold us a new water heater but did not. We are also in another service industry and have referred them to others. All of our clients have also been please with their plumbing work!

Description of Work
Water Heater Not working

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

06/14/2018

Veronica D.

It went okay. But they were really late and it took forever to get it done. We gave a second chance and called for another job and they were really late again but that time we cancelled them and went with someone else. We just couldn't wait.

Description of Work
Plumbing -- snake a kitchen drain

Work Completed On 06/14/2018

02/21/2018

Linda G.

After I called 2 other plumbers and had no luck, these guys were able to find the problem in the ceiling leak and fix it permanently.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

02/09/2018

Linda M.

Gidders and Sons Plumbing sent a plumber to my townhouse to search for the leak, which could have been an outside underground pipe or an inside toilet. The water was turned off, and it took a few days to determine the problem was with the toilet. I would gladly recommend Gidders and Sons Plumbing for their professionalism, skill, and perseverancel in diagnosing and repairing my water leak and would use them again for any plumbing needs.

Description of Work
I had unusually high water bills for the past 2 quarters and called a plumber, who was recommended on nextdoor.com to determine what was causing the water leak. Gidders and Sons Plumbing was recommended by several neighbors in my community.

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

12/28/2017

Michael O.

It was AWESOME. Seriously: single best contractor I’ve ever worked with, and that’s over 20+ years and three houses. My project was COMPLETELY custom, difficult, time-consuming, labor intensive, and had me looking over shoulders all the time. They did not need that, trust me- this family, and this work, is top-notch and super responsive. Awesome follow thru and follow up. I’d be happy to discuss any aspect, email me mtodell@msn.com.

Description of Work
Complete bath renovation, down to the studs. It was labor only, I bought/provided all fixtures, tile, furniture, toilets, etc.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

05/03/2017

Joe M.

excellent - quick response & good work

Description of Work
replaced water pressure valve

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

01/11/2017

Casey B.

Professional technicians. They arrived on time and were able to quickly diagnose the water leak areas. I appreciated their ability to solve the issue right away.

Description of Work
Bathroom leak repair

Work Completed On 09/27/2016

09/24/2016

Elizabeth E.

Well the best part would be that they did fix everything, the worse part is that they had to do everything twice and they screwed up almost everything, they cause the house to be flooded but they did fix it everything in the end they were pretty happy with the result but it took a long time to get there.

Description of Work
I used Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC for plumbing, remodeling - kitchen & bathroom and fireplace.

Category plumbing,fireplaces,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/24/2016

Every once in a while, we run into a client who interacts with us in a very positive manner, then slams us in a review with statements that are either flat out untrue or partially untrue. This was a large job with a variety of tasks from plumbing to gas. During the rough in, there was very little insulation; the existing (old) HVAC unit stopped working, the house froze and some of our piping burst, causing a water leak. The home owner could not find a contractor to respond to this emergency since it was February. I volunteered my mechanical contractor who came with 3 hours notice at 5:00 PM. He repaired the unit at no charge because of my relationship with him. The client did not even offer to pay the guy anything, not even a tip, that showed me the true character of the client. Finally, there was no mention of the "extras" we performed at no charge.

09/07/2016

Douglas P.

I called Barney and spoke with him about my situation and described the configuration inside and out. He gave me an estimate of $195.00 and I told him right away I accepted. He then surprised me by saying he would be there before the end of the day. Wow! I never expected to have someone respond so quickly. He arrived about an hour later and proceeded to do an outstanding job of replacing my hose bibb. He went the extra mile in attaching it to the brick veneer and insuring the fit on the inside did not put any undue strain on the copper sweated joints. I am satisfied completely and consider myself as having found my "go to" plumber for all future needs.

Description of Work
Replace my front Hose Bibb.

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

Plumbing & Gas Services. Drain stoppages. Bathroom Remodeling

With our partners (carpenters, tile, and electrical), we should be able to solve most every issue within the home.