Dependable One Electric Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2005

11946 Goodwood Dr.

Fairfax, VA 22030

Dependable One Electrical is a full-service electrical contracting business based in Fairfax, VA for residential customers. Our certified, Northern Virginia electricians have the training, tools and electrical experience necessary to handle a wide variety of services including electrical troubleshooting, electrical wiring repair, electrical fixture installation and electrical panel repair. We understand your need for thorough and reliable electrical repairs and installations and take pride in our ability to bring you the peace of mind you deserve. We're there when you need a quality electrician in Centreville, Fairfax or anywhere in the Northern Virginia area....

12/13/2021

Anna Pruett E.

I called last week to schedule a time to have someone come in and install a chandelier. Also discussed troubleshooting a switch for a bedroom ceiling fan. They recommended I have a new switch in hand before they came out. The day of I got a courtesy call when they were on their way. Nick arrived right on time. I showed him both issues. He was friendly and professional. He wore an N95 mask for protection the whole time so it felt very safe. He replaced the switch and receiver for the fan and it’s working as expected. He installed the chandelier, and checked the height before finishing up. He cleaned everything up well. Total cost was $275 for both tasks. I highly recommend them. I have used them before and will use them again.

Description of Work
Install new fan control. Install chandelier.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

09/08/2021

Charles H.

They helped me fix the problem without coming out for a visit. I called them, fearing a possible short-circuit and fire hazard, and they talked me through the peculiarities of LED fixtures and how to possibly fix the problem. To quote them: "Before you spend good money on me coming out for a visit, try this first." I tried the recommended fix and it worked completely. I very much appreciate a business that goes the extra distance to be helpful and save the customer money.

Description of Work
Repair faulty LED ceiling fixture that was buzzing and flickering.

04/07/2021

Paul J.

This is the fourth time Dependable One Electric has done work at my home. This time, I needed some minor electrical work done prior to having my roof replaced, most importantly disconnecting the existing attic fan. Everything from initial contact to job completion went smoothly, and everything works. Except the attic fan, of course. I've found a company I can rely on.

Description of Work
Disconnect attic fan, install new attic light, attach lights to wall switch.

09/06/2020

Anna Pruett E.

I called and left a message requesting to schedule some work. Steve called me back the next day. He provided a high level estimate by phone. We scheduled we the work for later that week. The scheduled day the two workers arrived. They were friendly and professional. They wore masks. They worked with the electricity on so we could continue working. One worker replaced the bathroom fixtures with no complications. The other started on the fans on our screened porch, confirming costs and any risks. We discovered we didn’t have to right length poles, and he helped me look to see if any were in stock locally, but they weren’t and we determined they would need to come back to install the fans. They removed the old fans, added fan boxes, and cleaned everything up. They also provided an estimate to disconnect our old hot tub. After receiving the poles I left a message to schedule the second visit. Steve called back a couple days later, and was able to fit the work in the next day. One worker came out to finish the job. He installed both fans with light fixtures, asking clarifying questions when needed. Unfortunately one of the light covers as broken, so he explained how we would install the new cover once we received it. He disconnected the hot tub. The total cost for replacing both fixtures, installation of the fans and boxes, disconnection of the hot tub and both visits was $625. We were very satisfied with the quality of the work, and the friendly, professional and communicative. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace 2 bathroom light fixtures. Replace and install fan boxes For two outdoor ceiling fans. Disconnect hot tub.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

08/26/2020

Cali B.

Another great job by these guys! I used them once in 2014, which was a wonderful experience. I returned to them for a small electrical problem I needed fixed a couple of weeks ago. They came the same day I called (which I really, really wanted), and they fixed my issue for a nominal cost. I will always return to these guys for my electrical needs. A+++

Description of Work
Doorbell wiring fix

04/23/2019

robert H.

Steve Geissler is great! He solved the problem in no time. I would absolutely recommend him and will only use him from now on.

Description of Work
Problem with chandelier wiring. Lost power. Outside motion light installed.

01/28/2019

Laurie L.

I had an issue with all exterior outlets and a few interior outlets not working. I tried everything I could think of to get them to work. I then called Steve at Dependable One Electric. He was so kind and patient walking me through various options. He was able to help me get the problem corrected over the phone saving me a charge for a visit. He is knowledgable, trustworthy, and so nice! I had used him in the past and will call him any time I have an electrical issue. I highly recommend him to anyone with electrical needs! It's so refreshing to have someone who is honest and who knows what they are doing! Thanks Steve!

Description of Work
Outlets not working

12/26/2018

Cathy L.

I used Dependable last year when I had an electrical problem. Steve came after hours in the rain and was able to identify the problem in minutes. Fixed the problem, told me what to do if it happened again and even called the next day (Saturday) to make sure everything was fine. He charged $150. Based on that excellent experience, I called Dependable again. This time Steve sent Greg. He couldn't figure out the problem, offered an estimate of about $3000 to redo the circuit and charged $210. I asked Greg to ask Steve to call me. No phone call and no follow-up. Very, very disappointed in Dependable.

Description of Work
outside electrical outlet not working

12/19/2018

Terry S.

Terrific service from Dependable One Electrical. Greg came out the day after I called them re multiple outlets dying in our kitchen. He worked quickly to diagnose / fix the problem in less than an hour. Also explained the issue clearly and gave me recommendations on a couple other electrical questions I had. Will use again!

Description of Work
Daignose / repair multiple electrical outlet failure in our kitchen

11/29/2018

Erik H.

Electricians helped me pick the best spot for the EV connector (it wasn't the spot I picked out initially - I thought of the spot they recommended, but thought it would be harder to install. I was happily mistaken). They were already familiar with how to configure my connector and had a preferred method of installation that would improve its reliability (the connector comes with an extension bracket that includes a connection relay - two connections = two places for possible failure. They were able to connect directly into the connector without using the extension bracket). They charged what they said they would based on the estimate, and the two guys they sent out were entirely friendly and professional. I gave them a "B" on punctuality only because they arrived at the very end of the window we had scheduled. However, I stand by my overall A-grade, and will happily hire them again if I need any electrical work done!

Description of Work
EV connector installation in garage

11/27/2018

Awilda S.

I called Dependable One with a rush request for service and, to my relief, they responded and provided the service within the same business day. The electricians arrived on time and were professional, courteous and clearly knowledgeable. They took the time to explain the changes that needed to be made and worked quickly and efficiently to get the job done. I was impressed with how thorough they were, particularly in handling the wiring issues. I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Relocate electrical wires, repair ceiling fan bulb base, check oven wiring to ensure proper installation

11/17/2018

Toni G.

Excellent! I spoke with Steve to arrange the appointment and he was friendly and professional. He gave me a resonable estimate and because they were already in our area, they came out the same afternoon and completed the job. The two gentlemen that came out were professional and quick. We will definitely use them in the future for any electrical work we need done.

Description of Work
We added six dimmers and a new outlet.

10/18/2018

Amy H.

Greg was very punctual and professional. He was able to diagnose the issue and replace the outlet in under an hour.

Description of Work
Identify and correct and issue with the dryer 240v outlet

07/10/2018

Jessica H.

We called on a Friday night and he resolved an emergency issue very quickly. Great customer service I would use him again in the future.

Description of Work
emergency service for power outrage.

04/26/2018

john F.

Arrived on time. Installed ceiling fan & light. Explained all operations of the fan. Cleaned up when finished. I would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Installed light and ceiling fan

04/07/2018

Kimberly P.

Our second time using Dependable One was just as good as the first time. The electrician did a very thorough investigation of all possible sources of electrical danger and made some minor repairs. Very professional and contentious. Arrived on time with a call 45 minutes prior to arrival. Price was a bit higher than anticipated, but our service was great. We will be calling them for future electrical work!

Description of Work
Investigate electrical burning smell

03/07/2018

ELLEN S.

I was very pleased with the work they did. They were prompt, professional and did a great job. Will definitely call them again when I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
needed to disconnect hot-tub and add outdoor outlet

02/24/2018

william W.

Called with sudden bathroom power loss. Response by company dispatcher was immediate with helpful diagnostic suggestions which narrowed issue and led to request for a service call. Technician arrived on time on same day. Quickly found the issues with receptacles, wiring and lack of QFI in bath. Had needed parts with him and made the needed repairs quickly in a friendly and professional manner. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Electrical shorts diagnostics and repair

01/24/2018

Kurt W.

Great! They were ontime ontarget for price and o unexpected issues. It is now working great.

Description of Work
Had to add another circuit to an existing HVAC collection of systems to make the wiring code compliant.

01/18/2018

Cathy L.

This happened on a Friday afternoon. I called several electrical companies and some of them said they couldn't come until late the following week. Steve returned my call promptly and asked me to send pictures of our electrical panel. This was to make sure the repairman had the needed parts with him when he came. About 1 hour later, Steve called to let me know that he was on his way. Steve found the problem (luckily not a difficult or expensive fix) right away. Steve called on Saturday to see if the problem had happened again. I wish everyone was as friendly, conscientious, responsible and easy to work with as Steve is. We will be calling Steve anytime we need an electrician.

Description of Work
Power was off in half of our house.

01/10/2018

David F.

Excellent! These guys were very professional and very polite. They did everything needed and went above and beyond. I will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
Needed 2 outlets and a subpanel in the basement.

01/10/2018

David F.

Steve and the guys were fabulous to work with. They were polite, hard working and did everything for us in a very timely fashion. (Took less than a day). They were very courteous and I felt one of the most honest contractors I have ever used. Their prices were right in line or better than other prices I had come and quote. When we finish the basement and run the wiring I will definitely be using them.

Description of Work
I needed a subpanel put into my basement

12/27/2017

Michael H.

Spent time troubleshooting the problems I was having and successfully addressed the issue as well as installed an additional line to help reduce the chance of future occurrence.

Description of Work
Replaced defective GFI and non-GFI outlets as well as ran a new 20 amp line to the garage.

12/18/2017

Charlie P.

Excellent. Professional, punctual and prepared. The electrician even had parts on hand to replace a damaged part that was not expected.

Description of Work
Installation of two ceiling fans. Replacement of exterior power outlet.

11/25/2017

Doris E.

The work was done expertly and efficiently. The two electricians were professional yet friendly.

Description of Work
We hired Dependable One Electrical because of the reviews others had written. We had a list of 5 small projects including, fixing non-working switches, replacing switches, installing lighting in our attic, installing an attic fan, and moving a light fixture in our dining room. They arrived early and stayed all day until every job was done. They went to a home improvement store for us to pick up the lighting fixtures and the fan. We were very thankful that they noticed some bad wiring in our attic, which could have caused a fire. They were professional yet friendly. I highly recommend this company; please feel free to contact us for a personal recommendation.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans,outdoor lighting

Xterior Lighting LLC

Xterior Lighting is committed to excellence to every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customer. Accurate knowledge of our trade, combined with ability, is what make us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful to our customers interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. With quality work, personable workforce and over 12 years of experience, we know we are the right one for you.

AirPlus Heating & Cooling

AirPlus Air Conditioning and Heating has been in business since 1999. A family business owned and operated by four brothers, AirPlus has provided HVAC services to over 4,000 satisfied customers in the Northern Virginia and DC Metro area. We specialize in designing and installing HVAC replacement systems for homeowners, repairing existing systems, and as part of home renovation or new construction. Our expertise ranges from state of the art HVAC systems, boilers, and hybrid systems to the latest in cost efficient air quality systems. Our work is precise, clean, and guaranteed! We are a family owned business, please call for more information 703-451-0001 WE DO NOT OFFER PORTABLE GENERATORS.

ELECTRIC TECHNOLOGIES INC (E-TEC)

Service fee/Estimate fee $29.00. Estimate/Service fee is deducted from total if work is completed through E-Tec. Monday - Saturday morning & afternoon appointments are available.

MasterCard, Check, Visa

Electrical installations, repairs and trouble shooting, recessed lighting,ceiling and attic fans, new circuits, panel upgrades, electrical upgrades, switches and outlets, fixture installations, landscape and security lighting, generator hook ups

Ask For Details