Cyrus Construction LP

Founded 1996 • With Angi since January 2010

Cyrus Construction specializes in Quality Kitchen, Bathroom, Basement, and addition Remodeling. Our quality of work is paramount to our success! We have skilled professionals in conjunction with superior products to insure project satisfaction. Our unique organization allows us to proudly offer

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

home remodeling (186)basement remodeling (77)flooring (49)countertop installation (42)tile installation (39)woodworking (37)cabinet makers (25)marble & granite (20)architect (7)basement waterproofing (3)home builder (2)drywall (50)

10/26/2022

Kristen M.

Nova Basement Finishing, in conjunction with Cyrus Construction, just completed a basement renovation at our home in Falls Church, Va. They took an unfinished basement and turned it into a beautiful space. We added a half bathroom, egress window, a storage closet, and closets for HVAC. The bid, material selection, permits, etc processes were all seamless and expertly handled. They started the project on time and finished in the estimated construction timeline. I was very pleased with the crew, who was diligent and did their best to minimize disruption, and contain and cleanup the inherently messy process. The team was also very responsive on questions and concerns that arose during the project. They also kept us well informed when water or electricity had to be shutoff for brief periods and coordinated with us to minimize the impact. Overall, I am very happy with the finished project, the crew, and whole team who supported the project. We are very much looking forward to using this new space!

Description of Work
Basement remodel/finishing

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 39925736

08/10/2022

Jesse D.

We relocated to the Alexandria/Springfield area a few months ago and decided that we wanted to finish our basement in our single-family home. After obtaining a few bids, we settled on Cyrus Construction. In the end, we could not have been any more pleased with our decision. The project manager (Farzan Beyrami) was superb and displayed professionalism at all times. The job actually started ahead of schedule and completed ahead of schedule. The basement looks fantastic. Thus, we highly recommend Cyrus Construction to anyone in the DC Metro area in need of home improvement projects.

Description of Work
Basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

03/06/2022

Deepak A.

They refused to honor the deal for $28,000 which I had claimed on Angi's. After providing an estimate, I asked them to honor deal of $28,000 for 800 sq. ft but they refused. very unprofessional

Description of Work
basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2022

10/09/2021

Russell L.

The good folks at Cyrus Construction completed another excellent remodeling project for us. They installed new framing, upgraded electrical with new wall outlets and more of them, installed new recessed lighting, put cable outlets on opposite walls, repainted the walls and ceiling, and installed new luxury vinyl tile. They enlarged the opening to our crawlspace and replaced the door. The crafts persons were usually parked in front of our house waiting to begin when I got up each morning. They cleaned the workspace often, and they were quick to accommodate my requests for quiet when I had a telework meeting in my office next door. We are extremely pleased with their work. This is the second major job they have completed for us, and we will definitely go back to them again for more remodeling work.

Description of Work
TV/Basement Room Remodel

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 39502928

09/25/2021

Tammie L.

Farzan and team delivered the project well inside of initial scheduling estimates. The team was courteous and professional and they did everything that we asked. The end result is very nice.

Description of Work
Converting an egress basement window into a walkout.

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, basement waterproofing, home builders, structural engineer, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 39486974

06/22/2021

Robert G.

We recently hired Cyrus Construction to renovate our upstairs, including renovating our master bathroom and laundry room and replacing the old carpet with hardwood floors. Farzan and his crew were a pleasure to work with throughout the entirety of the project. They stayed on schedule and whenever any issue would arise, it was addressed immediately and to our complete satisfaction. We are very pleased with the end results and would definitely hire them again for any new project.

Description of Work
Cyrus Construction replaced our old carpet with hardwood floors and completely renovated our master bathroom and laundry room.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 39379319

03/06/2021

Colin P.

We really enjoyed working with Russell and Cyrus construction. We had floor to ceiling and wall to wall shelving installed. The kitchen was totally remodeled. New flooring throughout main level. Pantry shelving updated. Walls painted/touched up. Master bath remodeled: additional sinks installed, tile flooring extended, custom glass partition and custom shower designed and installed. Highlights: Quick and professional initial consult. Showroom had good variety and options. Was willing to work with us when an item we wanted was unavailable. Crew worked quickly and professionally (sometimes on a Saturday or late to finish a project). Majority of work done is sound and excellent quality (willing to fix minor issue that popped up). Lowlight: Occasionally took time to contact project manager. Project was supposed to last two months took five months. All in all would recommend the company and use again.

Description of Work
Kitchen/Master bath remodel/Custom shelving

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

10/24/2020

Russell L.

Project went extremely well. Excellent communication with contractor via email, text, and phone. All work finished to a high standard, completely satisfied with level of finish and attention to detail. Contractor and workers carefully followed Covid-19 guidelines, yet the project was finished on schedule.

Description of Work
New floor, simulated wood laminate, luxury vinyl tile, 7.5mm thickness, Brunswick Maple finish; replace all cabinets, white shaker wood; new granite counter tops, Black Leather finish; 26-inch wide sink; new Samsung stove/cook top/microwave, relocated to northeast corner wall; new refrigerator installed in 36-inch wide cabinet w/water line for ice maker. Remove non-load bearing wall, install breakfast island at least 38-inch wide, add natural wood color cabinets below breakfast bar on dining room side; remove brick overlay on north and east walls, install new brick overlay on north wall. New 8 ft. pantry cabinet style with two vertical slide-out shelves; install new lighting, 6 spotlights; repaint walls. New main electrical breaker panel with upgraded capacity and expanded breaker slots, Ground Fault Interrupt circuits.

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 38974445

09/16/2020

Neli R.

I do not usually write reviews, but this time because of my excellent experience I decided to write my own experience. I had just moved into my house and the kitchen and rooms needed remodeling. At first I was very upset that we had a construction in the new house. I found Cyrus's company on the internet and made an appointment. Farzan was the project manager and I believe he is one of the most professional and polite people I have ever seen. Farzan patiently answered all my questions, understood all my concerns, and fully explained the project process. He was always available after the start of the project and is the most professional and polite person I have ever seen. Now my home remodeling is over and I walk home, I feel very good. I am very satisfied with working with Cyrus Construction and I recommend it to everyone.

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

08/25/2020

Chris M.

Work went well. Things were accomplished on budget and on time. Farzan communicated clearly and consistently throughout the project. We are happy with the finished results.

Description of Work
Put in water proofing in basement and refinished the basement.

Category flooring contractor, basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/15/2020

Jake H.

Cyrus construction was excellent. Russell listened to everything I asked for and worked with me to accomplish what I wanted to get done in my budget (even my challenging ideas for custom barn doors). He was very responsive and flexible and his measurements were very precise which was very important for installing a kitchenette in our tiny space. The crew who installed were kind and hardworking and a joy to have in our home. Julio in particular went above and beyond to make sure that everything was to our liking. He paid attention to little details that I really appreciate now that the job is done. I have worked with several contractors on renovation projects on my home and I appreciated how responsive and fast Cyrus was and how lovely the end result was. We love our beautiful basement!

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 38801559

08/05/2020

Megan A.

I initially found Cyrus Construction here on Angie's List and I'm so glad I did. Russell was very prompt to reply to my inquiry and we quickly got moving on a proposal and planning of a base reconfiguration, master bath, and pantry remodel. Russell made planning the project, and working within our budget, easy from 1,000 miles away. Once we got moved to the area we got to know the crew well and they were always so professional, detail-oriented, and cleaned up every evening when they were finished for the day. I was particularly impressed with one of their tile workers who tiled our shower nonstop one day and did the most beautiful job! He's clearly an artist. Russell was always so easy to touch base with by email, text, or phone and he was frequently calling us to make sure things were going well and see if we had any questions. We elected to do some painting and demo ourselves, to save money, and Russell still managed to get us what we're wanting with the money we have to spend. We're so happy with our new master bath, pantry and basement that we're adding a contract to have our kitchen remodeled and new floors put down. Seriously hire Russell and his crew for ANYTHING you need. You'll be glad you did!

Description of Work
Basement reconfiguration, master bath and pantry.

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

05/01/2020

Timothy C.

Russell, the project manager, is a very nice and affable man. He was intent on our satisfaction throughout the project. He also insured his staff was healthy, during these COVID 19 times, before sending them to our house. His contractors were, to a man, all very nice and responsive to our needs and desires as the project unfolded. They did their work quickly. I am impressed with their craftsmanship. Our basement is transformed! What was a relic from the 1970's is now a warm, inviting, and beautiful space. Old paneling was replaced by new or turned into painted drywall. A bamboo floor replaced old linoleum and carpet. Recessed LED lighting replaced ugly fluorescent lighting. New outlets, phone jacks, and TV cable jack were installed. New doors and trim, including a pet door to the garage, were installed. They replaced aging baseboard heaters and thermostat. They repaired the mortar that was breaking around the fireplace. And, they turned our ugly suspended ceiling into a painted dry wall ceiling and raised the height of the ceiling in the process. All-in-all, good work gentlemen!

Description of Work
Remodeled Basement

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/20/2020

Kemi O.

It’s a pleasure to recommend Cyrus Construction for your home remodeling project(s). After reviewing proposals that were vastly different in cost and timelines, we selected Cyrus Construction based on their professionalism and willingness to be flexible with our needs and budget. I have to say that with the numerous projects we’ve undertaken over the years, the entire process with Cyrus was near seamless. Russell the project manager was very patient and responsive. He has a good eye for interior design and functionality and helped us maximize space. His crew was very professional and the work was completed on time which was critical for us as our project was done in the winter, and we needed it to be finished prior to placing our home on the market. After the project was complete, Russell returned to fix loose vinyl flooring expeditiously and without any extra charges. It is rare for home improvement projects to lack hidden charges and, complete in a timely manner with no impact on quality. We would use Cyrus again if the opportunity arose.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category carpet installation, drywall, electrician, plumbing, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 38508832

04/14/2020

Andrew G.

Working with Russell was very easy. He had good ideas and also was very responsive to our own ideas. His product selection contains very good quality materials and his proposal was very detailed and very competitive. We were able to create a high-end look for both a remodeled bathroom and shower with all new tile and fixtures as well as a wet bar in the main room without the high-end price tag that will add great value to our house. The luxury vinyl tile he recommended is stunning and very easy to keep clean. Russell does not believe that a job is done until the customer is satisfied and he follows through on this promise. We pretty much handled all the punch list items as we went along. The final result is exactly what we imagined.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, marble & granite, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

04/03/2020

John D.

Cyrus managed to keep the project on schedule and on budget. We were very happy with the results and the high level of customer service.

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

01/21/2020

Lydia C.

We highly recommend Cyrus Construction, Fairfax, VA & Russel Blake as Project Manager/Lead. We were extremely impressed with his professionalism, extensive knowledge & experience. Russel was a joy to work with, and we would definitely employ him again in a heart-beat! Throughout, Russell led the project & assisted us with design, material selection (Cabinets, hardware, countertops & flooring, vanities & plumbing fixtures, bathroom tile & design. Part of our decision to choose Cyrus was based on our initial visit to the Fairfax, VA office where we met with Russell & he showed us a wide variety of material samples, provided design advice & showed us various 3D rendering of placement options/rooms. . The various work crews were thorough & conducted themselves professionally at all times. They were conscientious and we could see they took pride in their work; were extremely efficient, cleaned up the work site when done, were helpful when we had questions/requested changes/modifications to initial plan as the project progressed. Entire project was estimated to take 8 weeks and was completed in 10 (includes changes).

Description of Work
We hired Cyrus Construction to update an early 1960s home. Work included complete gutting & modernizing 3 bathrooms, entire kitchen; rebuilding recreation room from foundation walls, adding flooring to basement, updating electrical panel & distribution, & lighting. Bathroom project included painting & modernizing 3 bathrooms, swapping placement of sink & toilet drains in 2, adding shower to 3rd bathroom & tiling floors. Kitchen included removing old small pantry & "refitting" for refrigerator to open up/create more room in kitchen. We chose LVT (luxury vinyl tile) for basement/rec room & kitchen; tile for bathroom floors, & had them grout tile we previously had onsite for spare room in basement & 1 of the bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

01/17/2020

Adam H.

Russell is outstanding to work with. He provided great vision on the basement remodel, was easy to schedule and gave great suggestions on finishes. His offices are professional and his staff is polite. Additionally, (and most importantly) he took his time describing the best places to make upgrades and where it was going to be less valuable. I worked with several other contracts for a basement quote and he was by far the best. I’ll note, we’ve not started work yet, but based on the pictures and review from other customers very excited and confident it will be great!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

09/06/2019

Barbara Z.

The manager was pleasant and easy to work with. The work crew were courteous and competent. When my opinion was needed they listened to me and did what I wanted.

Description of Work
kitchen remodeling

Category lighting, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

08/09/2019

Sondra M.

I wanted to remodel my bathroom, got several bids for my project and decided on Cyrus Construction. My decision wasn"t based on the lowest or highest bid but on the interest the contractor took in the project whether big or small. Russell took time to listen to what I wanted, look at the bathroom to be remodeled and offered suggestions. The crew covered floors and furniture before starting each day and cleaned up before leaving. Any concerns I had during the remodeling project I communicated to Russell and all were addressed and fixed in a professional manner. I totally love the look of my remodeled shower with the frameless glass door which, is the style I wanted to achieve, clean, no shower curtain or frame. Overall I am very pleased with the job and my remodeled bathroom looks great. I would honestly recommend Cyrus Construction

Description of Work
Remodel owner bathroom

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for Cyrus Construction LP - 3927 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA - 38036409

07/02/2019

Gretta W.

Cyrus Construction finished our basement in a most professional and timely manner. My wife and I are totally satisfied with the design, multiple revisions due to the many challenges for an unfinished basement, and the execution by the various teams. Thus, we highly recommend Cyrus for your basement finishing or remodeling. I would begin with the initial design. Since I was away, my wife and the manager, Russell Blake, initially surveyed and came up with a very complete plan. We underwent multiple revisions to perfect the design due to the relocation of the bathroom rough-in. The team did an outstanding job! Consequently, the bath was nicely relocated with the basement having an overall open and spacious floor plan. Further, the bathroom, unlike the rest of the bathrooms, was finished with tiles and glass shower. It has become the best modern and my favorite bathroom of the house! The construction processes were well organized, with team members rotating depending on the stage of the project. They were most courteous and on-time. At the end of each working day, the team members left the house in good order. The manager in charge was very responsive and responsible. The passage ways down to the basement was well “protected”. After 5 short weeks, we are totally delighted with highly quality the finished basement in everyway – workmanship, paint, carpeting, lighting, and again, the modern bathroom. Again, Russell Blake did an outstanding job! We would probably have Cyrus for our future bathroom and kitchen updates. We highly recommend Cyrus Construction. From two totally satisfied customers!

Description of Work
Finishing basement

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

05/29/2019

Jared M.

We hired Cyrus to remodel our unfinished basement and our expectations were far exceed by the finished product! They turned our dingy, uninspiring basement where we had nothing but storage into an awesome bar/lounge area where we plan on watching hours of sporting events, a gaming room for my kids that is separated from the “adult” side and a beautiful full bathroom (which is nicer than all of the other bathrooms in my house)!! Every step of the way we had Russell to ask questions or ping him with comments about what we were seeing. He was always responsive and communicated with us via email, phone and text. He always kept us apprised of the “next steps” in the project. I would highly recommend Cyrus and will likely use them for our next home renovation!

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, marble & granite, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/29/2019