Bright Construction Group

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2007

Bright Masonry Inc offers professional and experienced masonry and concrete services as well as creative design work for your construction, concrete work, driveway, sidewalk, retaining walls and patio for both small & large jobs. For generations we have maintained our goals to provide the highest

masonry (164)concrete repair (114)concrete driveways (85)hardscaping (59)Patios (43)stone & gravel (24)lawn & landscaping (23)excavating (20)decks & porches (20)drain pipe installation (17)basement waterproofing (16)driveway pavers (15)

02/02/2022

Laurence C.

Spoke with Steve numerous times about getting a proposal for our project and despite several commitments was never given one. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Patio Installation

Category patios

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

07/21/2021

Lois K.

very good I've seen their proposal. Their responsive They work completely.

Description of Work
They were full service construction build a stone wall.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

07/04/2020

Jill B.

Our experience was seem less and we are very happy with the workmanship. Can’t speak to the longevity of the product but Bright explained to us what to do to make the concrete as strong as possible as it cures. So we’re hopeful it will last for years to come. Their price was also very fair. I have recommended Bright to several neighbors and I will use them again for future construction needs.

Description of Work
Excavate and replace concrete driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, mudjacking

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 38694223

06/09/2020

Aisha M.

Bright Construction did a superb job on my back yard. They went above my expectations by executing my dreams into reality. I worked with their designer that constructed my backyard beautifully and help to set systems to prevent further water damage to my property. The construction crew was superb. They worked promptly and with skill from the morning until evening each day to get the job done. Bright Construction team were professional, cost effective, and communicated very well. I am elated to recommend their services to others and I look forward to working with them again on other projects.

Description of Work
Backyard grading & concrete patio

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

05/29/2020

Bob K.

We hired Bright Construction after hearing several competing quotes for a concrete paver patio and associated drainage. Rui had an answer for all of our questions. Their price was competitive and they seemed to account for all options. They scheduled us promptly - moving us ahead of the expected start of the project. On the actual construction days, Pedro and his team were punctual and professional. When changes in the design and execution came up, or rectifying issues, they were handled well. We would have preferred a bit more communication about when team members would be present, and the project took a bit longer than initially estimated. Regardless, we are extremely pleased with the final result.

Description of Work
patio installation

Category masonry, drain pipe, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

05/28/2020

Catherine B.

Bright has now worked three separate jobs at my home. First, through a different contractor, they did the foundation on our home extension. Second was an accessible paver walkway that was meticulously crafted and last but not least was the flagstone patio in an area that was almost unusable in recent years because it accumulated rain run off. Under the patio they constructed a drainage system that I am thrilled to say works beautifully. Their advice, guidance and knowledge was evident throughout. It was a pleasure working with the Bright Construction Group. They are my “go to” folks!“

Description of Work
Flagstone patio with underground drainage system

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, mudjacking, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 38598012

05/26/2020

shawn B.

This was a great crew and would hire again. I interviewed 15 different crews and what stood out on the first walk through was their suggestions to solve the issues and proposed ideas that would need to be considered to complete the project. Most contractors only wanted to do the minimum work and their SOW lacked details that would leave the project unfinished. This is a great group with a high level of execution. Price was competitive but probably cheaper then other quotes that lacked details to complete SOW.

Description of Work
Replace section of basement wall, window well, interior finishing, parget, waterproof, concrete walk way

Category concrete repair, decks, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 38592956

05/14/2020

Melissa K.

The results exceeded my expectations. I am beyond pleased with my new patio. The team was professional, efficient, and friendly. They listened to my request and their work is simply beautiful.

Description of Work
Installed new brick patio

Category masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 38565560

04/06/2020

John S.

They did it in two days and their work is superior and perfect. Roy the Master Mason was meticulous in every detail. His crew is outstanding and perform like a musical organization in perfect harmony. after getting jazzed by Anthony construction, Bright came through like champs. Steve provided a fair price and pleasant in doing business.

Description of Work
A patio that was not finished by a previous contractor needed to be completed

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, patios

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

02/21/2020

Linda G.

Brick repointing went well and looks great. The drainage was also done and looks great. I did have to have them fix a drain pipe. They installed a perforated pipe which just left the drainage water stay where the problem was. They returned and installed a solid pipe. It solved my water seepage problem.

Description of Work
Outside drainage and brick repointing.

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

02/12/2020

JOSH L.

Bright Masonry did an EXCEPTIONAL job on our retaining wall, steps and walkway. We had old concrete steps and a walk that was improperly graded. Bright really transformed the front / curb appeal of our home. The retaining wall (about 3’ high) run down the entire 50’or 60’ of sidewalk in front of the house. It’s cinders with stone face and bluestone cap. Beautiful. It will be there for 75 years. The blew out the concrete steps and sidewalk, repoured everything on the right grade and put stone faces on the risers and bluestone treads. New iron railing as well. They refaced a concrete patio with stone and brought the stone all the way into the entryway. Lights on the steps were extra but pretty affordable considering everything else and definitely worth it. They are on a timer. I’ve recvd a TON of compliments from the neighbors. They also removed old railroad tie retaining wall around the driveway and replaced building in new steps. First class job. Can’t say enough about Rui and his team. We paid a lot for the work, but I’m very confident we’ll get it back. And in the meantime, I smile every time I walk out the front door. Highly recommend Bright Construction.

Description of Work
Stone retaining wall, steps, walk and porch

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 38382296

10/15/2019

William R.

Extremely pleased with the work done and the outcome of the project. Second time user of this company and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of brick steps with stone; flagstone patio repair and improvements; retaining wall resurfacing; miscellaneous brick and mortar repair

Category excavators, landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

10/15/2019

Mark M.

The work went as expected. The job ended up taking 2 1/2 days over a five-day span (Monday-Friday). On the days they worked, they came early and worked steadily. There were no surprises and they cleaned up nicely at the end of the job. We are very pleased with the completed work.

Description of Work
Replace a concrete driveway with concrete for a single-family home, install a French drain at the base of the driveway and replace attached walkway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

10/14/2019

Jeremy R.

Everything went very well. Very happy with the work. Only a small discussion over a clean-up issue lowered the grade slightly. I would recommend to my friends.

Description of Work
Driveway, walkway and drainage

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

08/16/2019

Raymond S B.

Fantastic quality. Well worth the price. Could not be more satisfied or appreciative.

Description of Work
Replaced all surface and riser bricks on our front staircase.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

08/16/2019

Jennifer T.

The team from Bright did an excellent job. They arrived on time or early, let themselves into the backyard where the job site was, and worked non-stop all day. They kept the work area tidy and cleaned up each evening before leaving. They worked in 100 degree heat 9 hours a day until they finished the project and brought in additional help as needed. They are the most professional, courteous, and quality-oriented team we have ever worked with. They have done 5 or 6 masonry projects for us and each one was absolutely perfect. I would recommend them 100%! They are the best in the area - true artisans with such a high degree of professionalism. It is always a wonderful experience to work with them.

Description of Work
Stone masonry

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, patios

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

08/07/2019

Carolyn K.

Bright Construction did a great job. They worked with us to understand what we needed and provided a very clear and reasonable quote. Their scheduling team was friendly and got us scheduled quickly. The crew did an excellent job. Our driveway looks great and they were done in the timeframe promised. I was very impressed with their professionalism and would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Repaved Driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

07/08/2019

Kenneth P.

Well done, on time, if a bit more than I had hoped to spend. Repair was well tested today (July 8) with the torrent that arrived this morning. Dry as a bone.

Description of Work
Seal a seam in a foundation wall, inside and out

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

07/03/2019

Colleen M.

The project went very smoothly and I'm very pleased with how everything looks. The crew was very professional and efficient. My neighbors have all commented on how much they like my new walkway. The price was extremely reasonable for all the work I had done as I had other estimates that were much higher for less work.

Description of Work
Repaving my front and side walkway as well as redoing my front porch

Category decks, masonry

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 37964125

07/02/2019

Emerson E.

Slow start--long time between initial call and finishing the contract. Reasonable post-contract time to start. Excellent work on site, just as planned and the project manager kept his eye on his team's work and also on what the finished walkway would look like. Very well done.

Description of Work
Replace a cracked walkway to the front entrance with a new one in a different location.

Category concrete repair, masonry, pressure washing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

Review for Bright Construction Group - 2812 Old Lee Hwy , Fairfax, VA - 37963599

06/22/2019

Justin W.

Excellent quality of work for a good price.

Description of Work
Patio Install

Category masonry

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

11/27/2018

Mike A.

Seems like maybe some growing pains over the years, but still a quality operation. First job we drew owner Rui and his crew, who did a fantastic job on a driveway and patio re-do. He integrated a front walk, suggested work-arounds for a couple odd spots, did beautiful work, and stood by his price quote in spite of a little more digging than they expected. The crew, in spite of being necessarily underfoot for several days, were a delight. Subsequent jobs were handled by crew chiefs, and while certainly still professionally done - were a little less responsive and did not deliver the same value for the dollar as the first. B quality and C price / value vs. straight A's.

Description of Work
Multiple Projects over many years

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, drain pipe, stamped concrete, patios

09/25/2018

Michael M.

Job completed timely and picture perfect. The paver driveway should be on a magazine cover.

Description of Work
To install pavers for driveways, add drainage and sewer pipes and do landscaping

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, foundation repair, hardscaping