Andy Group LLC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2009

10026 Mosby Woods Dr

Fairfax, VA 22030

Andy Group is owned & operated by Beto Zalles who has 20 years of experience in the remodeling industry. We specialize in all aspects of remodeling and home additions. No job is too big so please call for a free estimate. Free architectural drawings available for additions....

04/24/2012

Ginny L.

He sounded really nice over the phone, however just didn't show up for the appointment. I wish he would have at least called me to let me know that he couldn't make it.

Description of Work
I called to set up an appointment to repair my ceiling and to do some other drywall work in my basement.

Category drywall, basement remodeling

01/12/2012

James B.

Great...good quality and good insight.

Description of Work
I interviewed these guys and 5 others for my project. I took out my door to my patio, and installed a new, much larger door. I also changed the stone material around my fireplace, as well as some other 'smaller' projects around the house. he was proffessional and very fair priced. They didn't quite finish when they said...they were a little slow (somewhat typical in this space), but they were responsive and did great quality work. I would DEFINITLEY use them again.

Category handyman service, sunrooms

08/19/2011

Hildrun R.

Andy Group worked very efficient and clean. Promised time frame was kept as well as proposed amount. Always on time, knowledgeable person.

Description of Work
Renovated three bathrooms and kitchen.

Category home remodeling

08/17/2011

clint M.

The start -- we had a design and layout pretty much completed when Berto bid the job. We let the contract with US Andy Group. Berto wanted a draw list created, and we did so. He wanted no money until the first day they showed up with workers -- no up-front money. Early on -- Most ideas were well thought out and work went smoothly, but some did not. We opened up walls and found heat ducts in the way. We found the re-location of a toilet to be over a floor truss. Another wall to be moved held a 3" drain pipe. All these problems were attacked and solved. I was worried every time one was revealed, but Berto's attitude of "no problem, we'll take care of it" saved us every time. In the middle -- Work was progressing on many fronts at one time, and the close coordination of multiple crafts was required. At times, certain work was pushed so that people could get in and do their part -- such as the painters, who only needed a couple days but needed the millwork and other construction to be done so they could work, or the plumber who needed the walls opened up and the exact locations of all items (sinks, toilet, washer, diswasher, refrigerator) identified, or the flooring installers who needed access to the entire area for a couple days. It all was accomplished with a minimum of pain. Near the end -- As always happens, there is a list of final details to be covered at the end. It could easily be seen as picky or trivial by a contractor who has worked hard to get a lot of major work done. This is not the case with Berto. He will have his workers move a light that is just not positioned correctly, or move the mirror up an inch, or move the toilet paper holder forward a few inches, without any complaints. I get the idea that they also want the job to be done right -- a sure sign of professionalism. Overall -- I would hire them again in a minute. I can't say enough good things. I liked the fact that they showed up every day pretty much at the same time, and left at the same time. None of this showing up at 7am one day and 10 am the next, or working until 9 or 10 pm (when any worker would be exhausted.) They worked 8 to 5. They cleaned up every day. They always acted in a professional manner. When needed, they were creative and resourceful. When Berto was not there to instruct them, they knew what was expected, and worked hard. None of the workers were smokers. It was a positive experience, completed on time and within budget.

Description of Work
Berto Zalles and his company, US Andy Group, provided contractor services to re-model the entire first floor of our residence (4 bdrm, 3.5 bath colonial built in 1982, approximately 1000 square feet) While the majority of the work was done by his employees, there were sub-contractors at times. All, except the granite installers, were brought in and managed by Berto Zalles. And with the granite company, Berto still had to coordinate the details of the installation -- the site preparation and the timing. His workers provided general labor -- the hard work of demolition, hauling materials, removing trash, cleaning up, etc -- as well as craftmen skilled in carpentry, ceramic tile, cabinetry, millwork, painting, installing hardwood floors, brickwork, siding, stairs, etc. We purchased all major components and materials; however, Berto made many trips to purchase materials for us -- always using his contractor pricing and passing on savings to us. These items were never marked up, but the original invoices passed on to us for remittance. And when suppliers previously unknown to Berto were brought into the job, he quickly negotiated discounts with most of them.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

08/01/2011

Dale B.

Berto did two jobs for us, a basement job drywalling several rooms and flooring one area in the winter, then rebuilding our driveway wall in the spring. The first job went well and happened mostly on schedule. Berto came by personally to make sure the job was done right, and he has good long-term workers. The price was very good for drywall work. The second job was rebuilding a long driveway wall. Berto started in March when the weather was too unpredictable for him to work more than a day or two in a row (this job needed a minimum temperature and not much rain). As a result, the job dragged into April. Then Berto's crews largely disappeared for weeks, especially after he finished demolishing the wall and had the major draw against the bricks for the new wall. So we dragged into May when most of the wall construction was done. He did a solid job with the wall, apart from a sloppy finish at the bottom which he ignored when we asked for a follow-up. Again, a very good price. The problem is, forget about Berto ever answering your voicemails or E-mails. He might, he might not, he might be out of town, whatever. Maybe he has taken on too much work for a small firm but I won't use him again, just because I would have no idea if and when the job would be completed. Thank goodness we weren't redoing a kitchen or bathroom where the contractor disappearing for long periods could cause a real problem. Maybe if Berto had an office manager to communicate with clients, I would consider it. But not likely.

Description of Work
Basement drywall in three small rooms, flooring and rebuilding a long driveway wall.

Category handyman service, masonry, basement remodeling

02/03/2011

Sharyn H.

excellent

Description of Work
I've had lots of work done by Berto Zalles' team & have always been very impressed.

07/29/2010

SHARYN H.

Very good - second time I have used them, and they have done work for others in my condo community.

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling fan, a few other minor tasks

04/30/2010

ALFRED M.

He did a nice job. I don't have any complaints with his doing the porch. But there was a brick walkway in front of the porch and as an additional job he asked me if I would like him to replace the brick walkway. I had dug up half of it and the other half was in place. While he did an excellent job of what he did, he did not match the pattern in the other half of the walk. So half of the walk was built one way and the other half was built a different way. But he did nice work. As far as punctuality, he was a little iffy a couple of times. He was very professional. I would hire him if I was there to watch him.

Description of Work
Andy Group replaced a front porch for me. I had torn it off to solve another problem and he put a new one back in place.

Category decks, handyman service, masonry

03/20/2009

Sharyn H.

Wonderful! Berto called back right away (I don't think he checks email much). He had beenrecommended by my neighbor. I described the list of items that needed to be fixed. He & his employee Wilfredo showed up a little later than expected, but not much. Berto took the tour with me, discussed the options, and wrote out a plan for Wilfredo. Wilfredo took care of everything with occasional visits from Berto bringing supplies or checking on his progress.

Description of Work
Multiple tasks: replaced a toilet, rerouted cable, fixed a sticking door, stabilized a TV table

Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps

Sixpenny Chimney & Air Duct Cleaning specializes in chimney cleaning and repair, air duct/dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, house cleaning, masonry work, and pressure washing. With over 31 years of experience, you can be sure you are receiving a quality service for a fair price. Call our office today to schedule an appointment at 703-491-8697!Additional contact name - Ryan Corp

Offers by Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps on Angi
    A A Action Waterproofing Inc

AA Action offers permanent solutions to fix your leaky, moldy or flooded basement or crawlspace. Call AA Action Waterproofing, Inc to schedule your Professional Foundation Inspection 888-922-5517. What our inspection will involve is a very thorough examination of the foundation inside and out. We will explain why your foundation is leaking and what we can do to fix it permanently and provide a written estimate. This service is FREE of charge as long as we are meeting with the homeowner. We have over 30 years of experience helping homeowners in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia. We offer lifetime warranty's that are recognized and accepted as proof of a dry basement by FHA, VA, conventional lenders, and real estate professionals. Our warranty is also transferable should you sell your home. Interest Free Financing available with approved credit. We look forward to working with you.

Offers by A A Action Waterproofing Inc on Angi
    All Aspects Waterproofing

Serving Maryland, D.C. and Virginia, All Aspects Waterproofing the leader in service and quality. Over 35 years experience, providing ​the quality workmanship needed to keep your basement dry. Our life of the structure warranty is a reflection of our commitment to ensure every customer is satisfied. Whether you're a homeowner or a perspective buyer, ​having a dry basement will add value to your home.

Offers by All Aspects Waterproofing on Angi

Residential and commercial remodeling, design, built, additions, basements, tenant, kitchens, baths, decks, porches, masonry, roof, siding, carpentry, flooring, drywall, paint, appliances, electrical, plumbing fixtures installation, counter tops, cabinets, doors, windows & waterproofing.