A-Nova Appliance Factory Authorized Service

Founded 1978 • With Angi since April 2005

4.3

A Nova Appliance is a family owned and operated business. We have happily been serving the DC Metropolitan area since 1978. We specialize in most major brands of household appliances including refrigerators, microwaves, wine coolers, outdoor grills, ovens, cooktops, garbage disposals and many more. We are factory authorized for the following brands: Viking, Scotsman, Fisher & Paykel, DCS, Samsung, Asko, and Best & Broan. We also service most appliance brands out of warranty. Diagnostic fee: $99 Virginia, Maryland; $129 Washington DC. Additional Service areas- Portions of Charles, Fauquier, & Prince Georges Counties...

Appliance Magic LLC

We have been repairing all major appliance brand's in the Northern Virginia area for well over 15 year's. We are no stranger to competition that being stated we offer the LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED.

Sterling Appliance

Since 1972, Sterling Appliance has been serving the northern Virginia area with top notch appliance repair service, as well as providing a full line up of new appliances. At Sterling Appliance we deliver and install all products we sell, and our knowledgeable sales and service staff are here to help you at every step of the way with your major appliance needs. Sterling Appliance carries licenses for plumbing, electrical, and gas fitting, giving you the piece of mind to know that we will get the job done right. Our knowledge on the appliances we sell sets us high above the competition. Sterling Appliance is an authorized dealer of such brands as Amana, Bosch, Broan, Electrolux, Fisher Paykel, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, KitchenAid, LG, Maytag, Monogram, Samsung, Speed Queen, Summit, U-line, Whirlpool, and more. Our goal at Sterling Appliance is to help you select your new appliances at any budget. We look forward to seeing you at Sterling Appliance.

American Appliance Repair Inc.

**Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE!** With over 11 years of experience, American Appliance Repair is sure to give you the best service, at a competitive price.

10/01/2017

Amir A.

It was very good, we were happy. Price was reasonable. They did show up a half an hour late. They knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair.

07/16/2017

James J.

17 month old GE dryer would not start. Called Gary at NOVA Appliance Repair. He came the same day in the evening, diagnosed a bad thermal fuse and replaced it. He also recommended that we have the dryer vent lined cleaned because it was likely clogged which caused the thermal fuse to blow. I had a cleaning done and it was clogged. Excellent and quick service. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fix broken electric dryer

03/28/2017

Arlene D.

The stovetop was a Viking, so I realize it was going to cost more. This is the only company that services Viking. They accurately diagnosed and corrected the problem.

Description of Work
replace burner thermostat

08/04/2016

Gina D.

My warranty service selected A-Nova for the repair. The service provider used me as an assistant during the entire service call: Do you have a small vacuum cleaner? I need a very wet soapy rag, okay now rinse this out and give it back to me...At the end of the service call, the technician tried to get me to pay. I told him it was covered under the warranty. After the technician left, he called me and told me the warranty company said the work he performed was not covered under the warranty and I would have to pay for it. I told him I only wanted warranty work performed, and should have been given the option to have work performed that was not covered under the warranty. Some of what he did, did not need to be done. Cleaning the gasket -- I had just had the condo professionally cleaned, including all the appliances inside and out. So now I'm on the hook for $100, even though I had not agreed to have any work done that would not have been covered by the warranty. Do not use this company. As far as I'm concerned they have dishonest business practices. As well, I felt like the technician was bossing me around because I am a woman. If you have an extended warranty, and they assign it to this company, call the warranty company and ask for another option. I'm sure my warranty company is paying them for the service call, but they are maximizing the overall dollar total on the ticket by getting me to pay something as well. I will never use A-Nova Appliance for anything EVER again, and will be sending a warning too all of my Facebook friends, asking them to re-post to their Facebook friends. Decent people who work hard for their money should be forewarned.

Description of Work
Repair to my Sub-Zero refrigerator, under the $1500 extended warranty I purchased

07/12/2016

Jeff S.

A Nova is very convenient. They will come out and give you a call thirty minutes out, so you can leave work if you have to and meet them. I have also allowed them to enter my apartment when I am not there with the security from my building - very trustworthy. Only downside is they are only in DC a few days a week - they are located in Virginia. So you have to wait for the days they come in the city.

Description of Work
Fix Dishwasher

05/26/2015

Melissa M.

I was skeptical to use A-Nova due to some of the reviews on angieslist but they came through with flying colors. The technician Jed was wonderful. He determined that both the dishwasher and stovetop element wasn't working and reported the info to the home warranty company. This took quite a while which I wasn't happy with but I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt that he was busy. A-Nova determined it wasn't worth it to repair the dishwasher so I purchased a new one (through Appliance Connection in Woodbridge). Jed came back to install the new stovetop element and it is working great. I am very happy with my experience with A-Nova.

Description of Work
Inspected our dishwasher and stovetop to determine if a repair was needed or new appliances. This was through the home warranty company who chose A-Nova.

04/29/2015

Lynn M.

Their tech, Don K. is very fair, trustworthy, professional, courteous and friendly. He always has been. Don's also very thorough and conscientious. Don K. phones prior to arrival to let me know whether or not he is on schedule and estimated arrival time. Also, Erica that answers the phones at A-Nova is top notch!

Description of Work
I called A-Nova for service/repair for my gas dryer.

03/10/2015

Jane S.

They gave me a five hour arrival window with a call 30 minutes ahead. The service technician told me that I had to wait a half an hour for the pre-heat cycle to work. He advised me to swap out the ignition (it's a gas oven, about 10 years old). While he was there, I also asked him to look at my dishwasher because it wasn't draining properly. He suggested re-arrange the tubing and replacing a valve. I ended up only having him repair the dishwasher but they charged me the service fee for both the oven and the dishwasher in addition to the dishwasher repair. When he left, something else went wrong with the spring on the dishwasher soap dispensor but I haven't contacted them about fixing it.

Description of Work
I thought my DCS oven wasn't heating properly and I asked them to come take a look at it.

03/02/2015

Elise L.

My Samsung washer lock broke out of warranty. Finding people to repair Samsung's is difficult. A-Nova came out, found the problem, ordered the part and came back to fix the washer about two weeks later. The repair was quick and inexpensive. The technician was friendly, responsive and showed me the exact nature of the problem.

Description of Work
Repair on Samsung Washer

10/16/2014

Jonathan T.

I was sent to Anova by Samsung when I had struggled to find a local company that could repair my drier the last time that I had a problem. So, when it stopped heating, I called them to take a look. Two techs came by (after the scheduled time, but they had called me earlier to let me know that they were running late) and told me that the heating element was dead and that this was a common issue with this model. They needed to order the part, and estimated that it would be available in a few days. My only complaint is that while the part was ordered, I was not informed of the likely delivery/installation time until I called the office a few days later to find out. At that time Harold, the service manager, told me that it was delayed from the source but should be in by today (a week after the original rough estimate), and they had already scheduled a tech assuming that it was. Sure enough, one of the original techs (Orlando) and Harold showed up this morning, took the drier down and replaced the element - I now have a working drier again! Overall - the work has been handled professionally, and Harold has been diligent in checking that I am satisfied both with the quality of the work being done, and how it was being done.

Description of Work
Replace heating element in Samsung drier

A-Nova Appliance Factory Authorized Service