A-Nova Appliance Factory Authorized Service

Founded 1978 • With Angi since April 2005

4.3

10195 Main St STE G

Fairfax, VA 22031

A Nova Appliance is a family owned and operated business. We have happily been serving the DC Metropolitan area since 1978. We specialize in most major brands of household appliances including refrigerators, microwaves, wine coolers, outdoor grills, ovens, cooktops, garbage disposals and many

04/08/2022

Douglas J.

John helped months about a years ago with condensate tray overflowing. Suggested and drain pan heater which no one else had, fixed that problem. More recently my unit quit cooling. John was out and checked our Viking and within a week had me up and running again. Service and prices were fair, and he was prompt. As a home improvement contractor, myself I've dealt with many contractors. I would highly recommend John at A Nova Appliance repair! sincerely, Douglas Jones

Description of Work
Viking refrigerator repairs

10/01/2017

Amir A.

It was very good, we were happy. Price was reasonable. They did show up a half an hour late. They knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair.

07/16/2017

James J.

17 month old GE dryer would not start. Called Gary at NOVA Appliance Repair. He came the same day in the evening, diagnosed a bad thermal fuse and replaced it. He also recommended that we have the dryer vent lined cleaned because it was likely clogged which caused the thermal fuse to blow. I had a cleaning done and it was clogged. Excellent and quick service. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fix broken electric dryer

03/28/2017

Arlene D.

The stovetop was a Viking, so I realize it was going to cost more. This is the only company that services Viking. They accurately diagnosed and corrected the problem.

Description of Work
replace burner thermostat

08/04/2016

Gina D.

My warranty service selected A-Nova for the repair. The service provider used me as an assistant during the entire service call: Do you have a small vacuum cleaner? I need a very wet soapy rag, okay now rinse this out and give it back to me...At the end of the service call, the technician tried to get me to pay. I told him it was covered under the warranty. After the technician left, he called me and told me the warranty company said the work he performed was not covered under the warranty and I would have to pay for it. I told him I only wanted warranty work performed, and should have been given the option to have work performed that was not covered under the warranty. Some of what he did, did not need to be done. Cleaning the gasket -- I had just had the condo professionally cleaned, including all the appliances inside and out. So now I'm on the hook for $100, even though I had not agreed to have any work done that would not have been covered by the warranty. Do not use this company. As far as I'm concerned they have dishonest business practices. As well, I felt like the technician was bossing me around because I am a woman. If you have an extended warranty, and they assign it to this company, call the warranty company and ask for another option. I'm sure my warranty company is paying them for the service call, but they are maximizing the overall dollar total on the ticket by getting me to pay something as well. I will never use A-Nova Appliance for anything EVER again, and will be sending a warning too all of my Facebook friends, asking them to re-post to their Facebook friends. Decent people who work hard for their money should be forewarned.

Description of Work
Repair to my Sub-Zero refrigerator, under the $1500 extended warranty I purchased

07/12/2016

Jeff S.

A Nova is very convenient. They will come out and give you a call thirty minutes out, so you can leave work if you have to and meet them. I have also allowed them to enter my apartment when I am not there with the security from my building - very trustworthy. Only downside is they are only in DC a few days a week - they are located in Virginia. So you have to wait for the days they come in the city.

Description of Work
Fix Dishwasher

05/26/2015

Melissa M.

I was skeptical to use A-Nova due to some of the reviews on angieslist but they came through with flying colors. The technician Jed was wonderful. He determined that both the dishwasher and stovetop element wasn't working and reported the info to the home warranty company. This took quite a while which I wasn't happy with but I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt that he was busy. A-Nova determined it wasn't worth it to repair the dishwasher so I purchased a new one (through Appliance Connection in Woodbridge). Jed came back to install the new stovetop element and it is working great. I am very happy with my experience with A-Nova.

Description of Work
Inspected our dishwasher and stovetop to determine if a repair was needed or new appliances. This was through the home warranty company who chose A-Nova.

04/29/2015

Lynn M.

Their tech, Don K. is very fair, trustworthy, professional, courteous and friendly. He always has been. Don's also very thorough and conscientious. Don K. phones prior to arrival to let me know whether or not he is on schedule and estimated arrival time. Also, Erica that answers the phones at A-Nova is top notch!

Description of Work
I called A-Nova for service/repair for my gas dryer.

03/10/2015

Jane S.

They gave me a five hour arrival window with a call 30 minutes ahead. The service technician told me that I had to wait a half an hour for the pre-heat cycle to work. He advised me to swap out the ignition (it's a gas oven, about 10 years old). While he was there, I also asked him to look at my dishwasher because it wasn't draining properly. He suggested re-arrange the tubing and replacing a valve. I ended up only having him repair the dishwasher but they charged me the service fee for both the oven and the dishwasher in addition to the dishwasher repair. When he left, something else went wrong with the spring on the dishwasher soap dispensor but I haven't contacted them about fixing it.

Description of Work
I thought my DCS oven wasn't heating properly and I asked them to come take a look at it.

03/02/2015

Elise L.

My Samsung washer lock broke out of warranty. Finding people to repair Samsung's is difficult. A-Nova came out, found the problem, ordered the part and came back to fix the washer about two weeks later. The repair was quick and inexpensive. The technician was friendly, responsive and showed me the exact nature of the problem.

Description of Work
Repair on Samsung Washer

10/16/2014

Jonathan T.

I was sent to Anova by Samsung when I had struggled to find a local company that could repair my drier the last time that I had a problem. So, when it stopped heating, I called them to take a look. Two techs came by (after the scheduled time, but they had called me earlier to let me know that they were running late) and told me that the heating element was dead and that this was a common issue with this model. They needed to order the part, and estimated that it would be available in a few days. My only complaint is that while the part was ordered, I was not informed of the likely delivery/installation time until I called the office a few days later to find out. At that time Harold, the service manager, told me that it was delayed from the source but should be in by today (a week after the original rough estimate), and they had already scheduled a tech assuming that it was. Sure enough, one of the original techs (Orlando) and Harold showed up this morning, took the drier down and replaced the element - I now have a working drier again! Overall - the work has been handled professionally, and Harold has been diligent in checking that I am satisfied both with the quality of the work being done, and how it was being done.

Description of Work
Replace heating element in Samsung drier

10/06/2014

Rebecca R.

Very disappointed in A NOVA. They tried to scam me. My fridge stopped working. I agreed to pay the $109 service fee for the diagnosis. Orlando, the technician, tells me that I have a bad defrost timer and defrost thermostat. He called me back the next day with the price of these two parts: defrost timer is around $40 and the defrost thermostat would be around $130. That seemed a bit high to me, so I called Tribels, a local appliance parts supply store that I have used previously. The man was extremely nice. Tribels charges $26 for the defrost timer and $24 for the defrost thermostat. I asked Tribels if we were talking about the same part because I couldn't believe that A NOVA would charge $130 for a $24 part. Tribles said that they see this all the time. Then Tribels told me that repair stores will also tell clients that they need a defrost thermostat when the part is not bad at all. They explained to me how to test whether the thermostat is working properly or not. Sure enough, the thermostat is working fine and did not need to be replaced. I purchased the $26 defrost timer and replaced it myself. In the end, A NOVA would have cost me around $350 - $109 diagnosis fee, $170 in parts (ONE OF WHICH I DID NOT NEED) and labor costs. I could have spent just $26 and fixed my fridge myself.

Description of Work
Initial assessment visit for a broken refrigerator.

08/25/2014

Marshall A.

On time, professional and personable. A neighbor called while tech was still here to ask a question about his Viking microwave. He had 2 estimates for over $500. The tech volunteered to stop over, felt the problem was different, and returned the next day and repaired the problem for about $120. Two very happy customers.

Description of Work
Repaired ice maker in SubZero

05/20/2014

Romero V.

TheA-Nova techand quot;Haroldand quot; arrived on time for the appointment and upon a short inspection reached the conclusion that the secondary drainand quot; in the unit needed replacement - a $85 part. He suggested that they order one for us since they did not have one in stock. Given the urgency of the situation (with food spoiling), we called A-Nova the next day asking for a time frame for the part's arrival - to be told that they did not know when the part would be available and that their normal procedure was for them to first receive the part and then to call back to schedule a return visit by the technician. We were told it could up to 10 days! Given the failing fridge (with the upper storage compartment now also failing to cool properly) and the fact that A-Nova could not tell us when the part would arrive, we asked Viking for another recommendation. We decided to go with Wuerstlin's Appliance Service who promptly sent a tech out the next day. Turns out that as soon as the Wuerstin tech arrived he recognized the problem and attributed it to a defective and quot;thermostat terminatorand quot; - not the secondary drain. This was causing the freezer temperature sensor to work improperly. He had the part in his van (a $35 item) and quickly replaced it. How do we know the A-Nova tech misdiagnosed the problem? Well - it is 10 days later now and the fridge is working perfectly again both top and bottom. The next day, after the Wuerstlin tech's visit, we called A-Nova to cancel the order for the part. We spoke to a manager who was quick to point out that we would be responsible for a and quot;restocking feeand quot; - although she had no idea if the part had even left the factory - go figure. BTW- Their invoice to us (which included the price of the part) states nothing about a restocking fee either - no fine print - nor was this ever communicated to us verbally by the tech. Frankly we don't even know how much that would be. To top it off, my wife received a rude and unprofessional call from and quot;Haroldand quot; the A-Nova technician yesterday in which he went off ranting and raving in a voice mail to her about canceling the ordered part and his insistence that she was responsible for the restocking fee of this item. Not only was he unprofessional but the message was totally uncalled for given that we had previously spoken to the A-Nova and quot;managerand quot; about this . Given his misdiagnoses, unprofessional behavior, and our experience with A-Nova, I can only recommend staying away from these folks . Good for us we found a qualified tech the second time around. My advice - call another service company..

Description of Work
Our tenant notified us that bottom freezer on the Viking fridge had stopped working properly and that the frozen food in it had started thawing with water condensing on the floor. We urgently called Viking for a service reference. They suggested A-Nova Appliance. Yes, I know we should have read their feedback on Angie's List first (but did not think of it)!.

05/16/2014

Douglas S.

Claimed to fix washer by repairing loose wire but stated if failed again would need new wire harness. Since part was under warranty told them to go ahead and order part and replace at additional cost labor cost. They agreed but now refuse to do the work. Charge 99 dollars to show up with out calling 45 min early as they where instructed. They fixed nothing.

Description of Work
Washer repair

03/13/2014

Scott F.

Anova technician was on time and very professional and courteous. Diagnosed the problem and fixed the dryer so that it works perfectly. Could not be happier. There was no charge as this service call was covered under my Square Trade Warranty. Have used Anova before and will use them again.

Description of Work
Our Sears front load dryer was making a terrible noise and vibration. Came in and fixed it so it is perfect.

01/14/2014

Mariam L.

Very unresponsive. Finally when we were to schedule them, the technician arrived 5 minutes before our window was to end. He had been to our house before seen the hood and said he could do it. When he came back he had no instructions on how to do it, luckily we had them from the Internet. He then said he couldn't take the risk as the glass might break. Called some people from our house. Told us that he would get us someone who has experiencing installing the hood. No follow-up from their side. When I called told us that the Company who would manufacture the hood would call us. No one did. We finally got someone on our own to fix it.

Description of Work
Provider was supposed to repair our BROAN Hood. Came by first time, ordered parts. I had to call many times before I was told the parts had arrived.

01/11/2014

Jane W.

All ended perfectly thanks to A-Nova. We waited one day after our initial contact. The serviceman came promptly, knew the workings of our range hood, had the proper tools and opened up the innards after first telling us that we hadn't matched wattages when replacing the first bulb. My husband had bought a fuse, the wrong size fuse, before the service call. When the serviceman recognized that problem, he generously said that he'd complete 3 other calls and would return to us, thereby giving us time to buy the proper fuse. Before leaving, he wrote down his name, Harold, and cell phone number and asked us to call him when we had the new fuse in hand. Harold was as good as his word, returned shortly before 7 PM, and completed the job. We couldn't be more satisfied!

Description of Work
Our range hood light had died,and my husband and I had replaced it. Within a few days, both bulbs had died. We replaced both bulbs; neither worked. We looked in our range hood literature and called a phone number to ask for recommended appliance companies, the first of two being A-Nova.

10/21/2013

Kathleen T.

See above. New ignitors are being ordered and he thought with the ignitors (4) plus labor would cost about $125.00. Company would call when the equipment, which had to be ordered, arrived to set up installation date.

Description of Work
I have a built in gas grill outside and although plenty of gas was getting to the grill, the grids were not igniting. Technician took most of grill apart and determined there were problems with the igniters. He was able to get the igniters to work but suggested obtaining new ones as the grill is an older model and he could not guarantee how long the present igniters would last.

10/14/2013

Our technician Don was very good at assessing the problem with our Scotsman Ice Machine. He was able to make an adjustment so the ice machine started cooling so it would start making ice. He called us in 2 hours to see if we had ice and we did! I would definitely call A-Nova Appliance again..

Description of Work
Our Scotsman Ice Machine wasn't making any ice. The technician was able to make an adjustment to start the cooling process.

Category small appliance repair

11/19/2012

Liz M.

Everything went well including the first call to the finish.

Description of Work
My Dacor microwave went on the blink. Don (tech) came out diagnosed the problem - magnetron failure and ordered the part and came back in a week with the replacement part. Professional folks all the way around!

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

03/21/2012

Joseph E.

Took a week to hear from A NOVA after emailing through Angie's List - too long. Work was professional. Had been trained on Scotsman ice-makers and is certified by Scotsman. Called Scotsman to confirm his trouble shooting. Then had to order the part. Came back in about a week and installed a new thermostat quickly. So unfortunately had to pay for two service calls, one to trouble shoot and one for the repair on a known and regular issue with ice makers. So the outcome is a good working ice maker. I would use A NOVA again even though the total time lapse was weeks and the repair was not cheap, but the quality seems worthwhile.

Description of Work
Repaired the thermostat in a Scotsman ice maker

01/20/2012

gary R.

I was scheduled for an appointment today with a window of between 12-4. I left work early to be home by noon. The repairman never arrived. Finally, at 4:15 I received a phone call that he was still in Baltimore. A call hours earlier would have been considerate. My time is valuable and I do not enjoy wasting it.

Description of Work
A service call was scheduled to repair my Viking oven.

11/01/2011

Maria M.

The technician was very good at explaining the problem and how it needed to be fixed. He had to order the part and came back.

Description of Work
Repaired Viking microwave - replaced a part

Category small appliance repair

08/18/2011

Erin M.

I have an unusual make of washing machine, and had been rather frustrated trying to find an appliance repair service that was an authorized repair service for ASKO and was willing to work in DC. When I called A-NOVA, I was about to go out of town for work, and the days I had available didn't jibe with the days that they usually came into the district. But the gal on the phone checked with the tech, and he was willing to come in to help me after all of his other calls were done, so that we could get it taken care of before I left. I appreciated that so very much! He was on time, and very knowledgeable about the make, and had come prepared with the part that he expected was the problem - however, the model was one that he wasn't familiar with. But he had resources at the company to call, and was honest with me that the repair might not be the final fix....even though it did turn out to be the right answer - no problems at all with the repair! I really appreciate the staff going above and beyond to help me. I will only be calling them for future repairs!

Description of Work
After hours call, cold water valve replaced in ASKO washing machine

Expert Appliance Services

Expert Appliance Services provides you quick, reasonable & reliable service for your home appliances. We carry most of the parts so we try to do the job on our first visit. We work on most makes & models. We are just a call away from you. Call for our current discounts & specials. Additional phone - (703) 463 0310 & 571-471-6901. Family owned & operated. Award winning.

MP Home improvement Services

With Over 4 Years of experience working with Angi Pro Services as Handyman doing all kind of Handyman home improvement projects Now started my own busniess as MP Home Improvement Services on Angi's List Platform Specialized in Appliance repairs to Painting you have a dryer vent clog or you need power wash or if your dishwasher is acting up any kind of custom home improvement project you name it We do it all !!! Contact For estimates. Thanks

Sterling Appliance

Since 1972, Sterling Appliance has been serving the northern Virginia area with top notch appliance repair service, as well as providing a full line up of new appliances. At Sterling Appliance we deliver and install all products we sell, and our knowledgeable sales and service staff are here to help you at every step of the way with your major appliance needs. Sterling Appliance carries licenses for plumbing, electrical, and gas fitting, giving you the piece of mind to know that we will get the job done right. Our knowledge on the appliances we sell sets us high above the competition. Sterling Appliance is an authorized dealer of such brands as Amana, Bosch, Broan, Electrolux, Fisher Paykel, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, KitchenAid, LG, Maytag, Monogram, Samsung, Speed Queen, Summit, U-line, Whirlpool, and more. Our goal at Sterling Appliance is to help you select your new appliances at any budget. We look forward to seeing you at Sterling Appliance.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Discover