JMW Construction LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2010

4.3

JMW Construction LLC provides home remodeling and home improvement services....

Clifton Contracting

Locally owned and operated. We are here to turn your project idea into reality. Additional phone number - (703) 830-6103.

All American Painting Plus Inc

All American Painting Plus is a locally-owned professional painting company serving Northern Virginia. We believe in honesty, integrity and trust in everything we do, from start to finish. We’ve developed an outstanding reputation of excellence by providing professional painting services to help residential clients enhance, protect and maintain their American Dreams for almost two decades. You can depend on us for accurate estimates and quality craftsmanship. Every project is backed by a two-year written warranty. Please note that we have a $1,200 labor minimum for all new customers.

ABL Professional Painting

FOR A FREE ESTIMATE PLEASE CALL (703) 585-1932 TODAY. ABL Painting has the ability to transform your residence with the stroke of our paint brushes. We always use quality paint products in order to never put our clients through fading, peeling, and the falling of their paint job. Remodeling is not necessary for the transformation of the look of your estate, a simple paint job from ABL Painting will do. Family owned business with 12 years of experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Check out our commercial at https://youtu.be/lfEB1nZvFfg

Offers by ABL Professional Painting  on Angi

09/04/2018

Francis G.

Did not complete the work. Disappeared with last installment without finishing the work.

Description of Work
Contracting work

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

02/20/2016

sameer N.

From the beginning we had a good feeling about Jim and his crew. He was respectful, honest, and just plain nice. We had a talk at our first meeting, and he said to me, "I do good work, I'm honest, and I'm fair." And he was spot on with all of that. At the end of the day, that meant more to us than anything. We've heard so many horror stories of friends working with contractors in their homes, and our experience couldn't have been further from that. As any project goes, there were glitches and delays. Jim was always honest, up front, and responsive to our requests and questions. He was able to please my wife and her likes and whims. (thats hard to do!) The porch he built us looks amazing. We had some pictures and ideas of what we wanted. He took that and made my wife's vision come to life better then we could've ever imagined. The whole way through, he was always around, on top of his crew, and made sure things progressed perfectly. We got several bids and while his was not the lowest, we felt it was overall the best as he seemed honest, fair, and knowledgable. We are super glad we picked him. We are already looking at other projects we can have him do for us and would hire him for anything in a second. We have also recommended him to friends as well.

Description of Work
He built us a beautiful screened in porch.

Category home remodeling

07/31/2015

Bukola L.

Jim was pleasant to speak with but was completely unreliable. Could never be counted on to show up when he said he would. Sent several different crews to our house whenever he felt like it without notice and after several weeks of no one showing up, a new crew just barged into my bedroom early in the morning unannounced. In the end he just stopped showing up for the job despite his constant promises and left several tasks incomplete and left his equipment cluttered around my house. We fired him and had someone else complete the job. He left owing us $5000 and although he signed an addendum to the agreement saying that he would pay us back the full amount, he has yet to pay a dime in over 2 months. He lied an claimed he had put a check in the mail over a month ago. Never trust anything he says!!

Description of Work
He began several projects: painting cabinets, changing backsplash, refacing fireplace, build and install bench and 2 barn doors; finished basement nursery by enclosing open space and installing closet; mount tv.

Category remodeling,woodworking,interior painters,basement remodeling

While it is true that there were some unforeseen circumstances (knee surgery as well as having to fire workers for not showing up) we were unable to finish in a timely manner acceptable to the client and she chose to have someone else finish the work. However, ALL of the $5000 has been paid back in full without negotiations, to try and give the client some sort of satisfaction. I'm sorry things didn't work out and wish you the best.

04/12/2015

Philip C.

This review is long over due. The whole experience with JMW was great from the start. When I called to get a quick estimate from Jim he rushed to our home which was over an hour away from where he lives. He gave us a quote and won our confidence in him and his crew. His crew arrived every day on-time and always checked with us to make sure we were pleased with the work they were doing. His crew met with our fish company in order to make sure that they built us a proper tank stand. We had a roughed in bathroom that they finished for us with a rain head shower, marble and mosaic tile throughout. Jim has great contacts in the area and everyone that worked on the project knew what they were doing and were an extension of Jim's work ethic. Jim's company finished the basement which has hardwood floor, chair railing, recessed lighting all over the basement, a new staircase, built in entertainment components and new storm doors to the outside. As one can see they can do it all. They did a great job and I would hire them again if needed. I was pleased with everything they did and would recommend to all I know.

Description of Work
JMW finished a 1200 square foot basement with a bathroom addition. The company also framed out a wall for a 300 gallon fish tank to be placed behind it.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

03/31/2014

lisa W.

I met Jim Weiss, of JMW Construction, about a year ago. In a year's time he and his crew have completely transformed my 1961 home. I purchased this home last year as only the third owner in 50 years. The previous and original owners had done a lot of things to the home, but many not well, and had left many things undone. Jim has always given me more than fair prices. Don't be put off by his low price though--the quality is exceptional. Rico is an amazingly skilled carpenter, electrician and plumber and really works with you to make sure your vision is realized. Not only do they do a beautiful job, but you also feel comfortable knowing that they have the key to your home, which is something you can't find with just any contractor. update: This Spring we decided to redo our kitchen. Jim and his crew led by Rico did an amazing job with the reno. We changed out tile floor in the foyer and kitchen from tile to wood, stained to match our already existing wood floors. We installed new cabinetry, new appliances, new granite counters and marble backsplash, a new sink and under cabinet lighting, and painted an existing island. They worked to find a solution to all of our snafus, which were entirely due to the poor order placement by Home Depot and the slow turnaround by Kraftmaid to correct errors (triple check and quadruple check your orders if going with HD!!), and in the end we ended up with some touches that we wouldn't have even thought of if not for their expertise, including above cabinet lighting (which was a major pain to figure out how to run through wall switches - they know how to do it perfectly now!!) and stainless switchplates which really play off the white marble backsplash perfectly (thank you Rico). As always, another quality finished job that has greatly increased the value of our home - and we love hanging out in our beautiful kitchen!

Description of Work
Remodeled 50 year old bathroom, finished laundry room, painted exterior, replaced windows, roof, finished basement and added bathroom. Update spring 2014: Jim and his crew led by Rico completed a complete renovation of our kitchen.

Category remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,house painters,basement remodeling

03/11/2013

Lee C.

It took a long time and masny voicemails to connect, but eventually one of the carpenters (I can't recall his name) called, came, estimated and performed the work.

Description of Work
Carpenter measured for new kitchen cupboard doors, found a source for them, brought and installed them.

Category woodworking

08/04/2012

Steve L.

They did a good job and I found their prices to be reasonable.

Description of Work
They replaced the back door in my basement. It had been flooded during the hurricane season and they repaired the damage.

Category basement remodeling

06/08/2012

Stephen S.

I obtained the building permit previously. Jim understood the objectives for size, function, and placement of my basement egress window. He measured and provided information for ordering the right window. We coordinated a convenient day for the job to get done. He and his crew did all the necessary cutting of the foundation, framing for new window, and installation of window in one day. He came back a second day to finish the trim, paint, and clean up. We are happy with the job. I now have a basement bedroom.

Description of Work
Installation of new basement egress window into concrete foundation wall.

Category egress windows,remodeling,woodworking,basement remodeling

03/02/2012

Stephen S.

It was better than I expected. I was very impressed. Jim has the quality craftsmanship I was looking for, and all the attention to detail to match. It became apparent that Jim was just as concerned with how the finished product looked even though it isn't his house. That's what I want in a contractor. It is a reflection of his work, and it is his reputation that will earn him more business. Jim did the work just as expected, except that it took more visits that I thought it would. But it wasn't because he was slow. There was some rough rain that slowed things down removing and replacing the door, but it was mostly because he was determined to get the final touches just right. The icing on the cake for me is that I can see Jim put in the extra effort to do the job right because it should be done right, and in doing so, it seems to be without much regard to the extra time it takes him to do it. He is not the guy that will do the job as quickly as possible so he can move on to another job. Jim is the guy that will get the job done right inside and out even when it takes longer. You won't be sorry hiring him.

Description of Work
I asked for an evaluation of the rotten wood surrounding my front door, and to solve the water leaking under the threshold. Jim recommended removing and replacing the door assembly, which another contractor also recommended. Jim was to paint the new door assembly prior to installation, then remove the old door, replace any wood under the threshold, install the new door assembly, and apply a second coat of paint once the door and all the trim was installed. The painting was inside and out.

Category woodworking,house painters,interior painters

01/13/2012

Keith B.

I first met Jim Weiss (Owner/Operator) while he was doing work in the neighborhood. Every experience I have had with him has been professional, on-time and on-budget. He really treats the job as if it were his own. Him and his co-worker have always been very efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. I found the rate I paid for all of the services I have had done to be very fair for the level of work that was done. Jim is an excellent painter. He pays attention to every detail and leaves the finished space clean and freshly painted. If there are items that come up that need attention he'll consult. He has performed electrical, minor plumbing, painting, carpentry and drywall work for me. He definitely has a good knowledge in many areas of contractor services. I will continue to use JMW Home Improvement and Custom Painting and often recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
I have had work done on 4 different occasions from JMW Home Improvement & Custom Painting. 1) Installed gutter guards 2) Built bathroom closet including all drywall and plumbing work 3) Painted 3 bedrooms 4) Installed 13 recessed lights and painted entire basement (ceiling and walls)

Category electrician,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters

Additions, Kitchen and Bath Remodeling, Finished Basements, Screened porches and Decks.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover