Craig's Lawn Care

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2005

PO Box 7310

Fairfax Station, VA 22039

Please call us for a free estimate at 703-385-1641. Please be aware, this number is an automatic message center. We retrieve our messages several times throughout the day, Monday-Friday. Please leave a message with your first and last name (with spelling), address, phone number, and a brief

04/08/2020

Patricia C.

For YEARS repeatedly requested one crew member Not to gouge (weed whack, they do not use an edger) the edges of the grass along driveways-walkways SO LOW - around the tree and patio, plus edges of yard or against the house. He, for years didn’t listen. Then season 2019 after planting new grass and over-seeding he destroyed the new grass! We had water damage in the basement from his ‘whacking’ against the house too. The man who drove the riding mower always cut the grass in the same direction too long so that it laid over flat in areas. After they both destroyed all our efforts from fall of 2018-through 2019 season I had it!! Had messaged the owner in previous years with No Calls Back. So, 2020 season Craig’s “Lawncare” (no care there) we’re FIRED!!! Good Riddance to the crew AND owner.

Description of Work
Lawn Cutting every week for 7+ years.

10/12/2019

Kim C.

Emailed Craig for quote. He replied within 1 day, negotiated a reasonable rate for 3-4 hrs, agreed on date. 2 men arrived with trailer full of equipment, did exactly what I wanted, finished in 3 hrs. Very pleased. If we rent this house I will be calling him for regular lawn care.

Description of Work
Clean out invasive vines, trimming bushes, mulching

09/01/2019

Great Job and Great customer services

Description of Work
General Cleanup and Mulching

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

04/17/2019

Grace J.

I found Craig's Lawn Service on Angie's list and have been using them for about a year. They have been excellent: prompt, professional, good work. They provide lawn mowing and leaf removal for me and have other services I plan to use. I put out 3 bids and their bid was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Lawn Mowing

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

10/05/2018

Layne S.

That was fine. They did a good job on sticking out the weeds from the gardenery.

Description of Work
They did lawn mowing, edging and blowing. On September 8, I've made them clean up the weed.

07/27/2018

David H.

I have used Craig's for my lawn care needs and have been very happy with their work. They offer a wide range of services. I initially hired them just for regular mowing and edging, as they were one of the few companies that seemed willing to do only that. However, I have since hired them for weeding and other landscaping jobs. Everything is always done perfectly. They are friendly and responsive to requests for service. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing, edging, weeding, etc.

05/18/2018

Jason A.

After using their services for multiple years for spring and fall core aeration, it seems I don't even deserve the courtesy of a call back requesting an estimate on new services. Left two messages and requested an estimate online. They never ever pick up their phone. You always need to leave a message. Good luck speaking to a human being. Makes me wonder what happens if you actually need an issue resolved. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Description of Work
No longer returns phone calls

Category lawn service

Mr. [Member Name Removed] contacted us on May 7th via our website and our voicemail. All of our phone correspondence goes to a voicemail - we do not have a live person answering phones. We acknowledge that we were unable to get to his estimate in a timely manner because of a great demand of workload at this time of year. Upon his subsequent call expressing his frustration I returned his call promptly and offered to do the proposal immediately; however, he did not respond to our offer. We apologize for his frustration. We aim to respond to everyone in a timely manner.

05/16/2018

Kristin T.

I was impressed with this company and its representatives from Mark who gave me the estimate and made sure the day of service went well, to the administrative support who scheduled the service and took payment, to the crew who came the day of. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Mulching, extensive weeding, transplanting, removal of dead plants and one volunteer, pruning and branch cutting

12/09/2017

Excellent job. Thank you. BTW, I tipped the crew, that made me happy~

Description of Work
General clean up, trimming, and mlchingg

10/31/2017

Bruce W.

Got estimate, made appointment, they came, cleaned and mulched.

Description of Work
Clean flower beds and mulch

09/19/2017

Layne S.

I have a very small lawn so I don't have much grass. I talk to the owner of the company and he usually comes out and I tell him what I need and what I want done. Well, I had good communication with their owner. The men do what their supposed to. When I ask them to do something if they're working and I see something that I think they can do, I will step out of my house and tell them something. I really can't say there's anything they need to do because they do what they're supposed to do, and as I say, maybe I'm not asking for the moon, in the sense that I have a small lot and so forth, so I can't give you any good answers for that. To me it seems excellent. They were responsive. They're professional.

Description of Work
That was only to mow.

09/10/2017

Andrew M.

Everything went very well. The estimate process was quick and easy. The owner came by and looked at the area within 24 hours of me requesting a quote. We then scheduled everything over the phone. CLC was half the price of some of the vendors that I got quotes from and the crew worked hard all day to remove the old turf, till the soil, and lay down the new sod. It looks great. After a summer's worth of heat it will need to be overseeded, but that's true of all lawns after the summer. My neighbors loved it and actually hired CLC for their own houses. I'd have no problem hiring them again.

Description of Work
I needed about 500 square feet of sod installed in the "parking strips" between the sidewalk and the street in front of my house. CLC also removed the old turf and prepped the soil.

09/04/2017

Louise F.

They do a good job of cutting lawn and edging the lawn. I wish you could pay online or at least pay via PayPal, though.

Description of Work
They mow my lawn weekly.

08/28/2017

Jennifer M.

Craig's mows our lawn every week. The price is comparable and they have never not shown. If it rains they are here as soon as possible after the rain. They are diligent about cleaning up after they have finished. We are hiring them from some landscaping cleanup.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing of yard.

07/06/2017

Allison S.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE....Craig apparently doesn't want my business and frankly I don't want it after this awful experience. His distaste for a new customer was clear on the phone today. Exasperation and anger very apparent as he said , "I rearranged my schedule for you" Ha ha haha....WHAT???.......even though he showed up a day early! SO HOW IS THAT REARRANGING HIS SCHEDULE?? So many workers in this area have that nasty tone like they are doing me a favor. Awful attitude. He was so rude on the phone. Also his crew worked at a snails pace. Awful experience 3 men for 3 hours = $130 x 3 and they were slow believe me. I wish I had video taped it. They got VERY little done in 3 hours. But Craig's rudeness was beyond the pale. He doesn't want my business then fine. Lots of other lawn companies.

Description of Work
Basic Lawn Mowing + Clean Up, planting, mulching

06/21/2017

David W.

It went well. They showed up when the were supposed to and did a great job with a very messy situation.

Description of Work
weeding, leaf removal, edging, and mulching.

06/17/2017

Steve W.

As a rule they do a good job and bag clippings in set price; edge and blow clippings on walkways. My only real complaint is that the create bald spots in lawn when turning machines when the ground is wet. But I have had that problem with all services I've used to date, and they are less likely to do it than others I've had in the past. Price listed is per service/cut; which is weekly.

Description of Work
Annual mowing service

04/19/2017

Reiko H.

The price went up a little bit. They are very good. I am pretty happy with them.

Description of Work
We use them for lawn services every month.

04/12/2017

Stephen T.

Wonderful job. Craig is very professional and responsive. I tipped the crew with a token coffee money

Description of Work
General yard cleanup and trimming of all shrubs.

01/16/2017

Will P.

Good company, they just couldn't get to me by the date needed. There were weather delays, but they didn't notify me they would be delayed. Owner was responsive and apologetic. Work performed was great and the work was good value. Recommend using this company, and I plan to use them again even with my challenge.

Description of Work
Leaf removal

10/03/2016

KAY L.

It goes very good every time they come out.

Description of Work
They cut my grass and trim everything. I have used them all summer long.

Category gutter cleaning

04/12/2016

Frank G.

I think they've done a good job. They do give a senior discount and we have now reached that golden age. The only thing I don't like about them is that I don't think they use mulching lawnmowers. They collect the grass and deposit it in a bag for you to do what you will with it. We have them leave it and then I compost it. None of the companies do that, that I'm aware of. The company has very nice people and they are very considerate. They watch the weather and if a storm is coming, they mow ahead of it. They don't just randomly decide to come or not. They do offer extra services and they will give you a price for them. For what they do, they do a good job and it's reasonably priced. The nice thing about Craig's is that this year, finally, he has got online bill payment. Before that, it was snail mail.

Description of Work
We have Craig's for lawn mowing service.

04/02/2016

Cate B.

Used Angies' list deal/coupon. Online scheduling was easy. Crew did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup of front and back yard, including branch cleanup, trimming bushes, cleaning up debris.

03/30/2016

Ronald P.

This is the second time I've used Craig's Lawn Service. This time was just as good as the first time. He did the estimate quickly after I called. I did not get a second estimate this time as he was cheaper in the past than another service and I liked his work. A couple of weeks later the crew arrived and completed the work. The work was completed quickly. It was well done and cleanly. I liked that they cleaned off the sidewalk afterwards so no stray mulch on the sidewalk and driveway.

Description of Work
Spring cleaning, edging and mulching of beds around the house.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

08/08/2015

Jeanne C.

They do a super job. They know what they are doing. They have a team of 3 men, that do an awesome job. They have an excellent clean up as well. And Mr.Craig is very nice. I feel I am getting my moneys worth.

Description of Work
He does my yard work.

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

2022 Super Service Award

Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps

Sixpenny Chimney & Air Duct Cleaning specializes in chimney cleaning and repair, air duct/dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, house cleaning, masonry work, and pressure washing. With over 31 years of experience, you can be sure you are receiving a quality service for a fair price. Call our office today to schedule an appointment at 703-491-8697!Additional contact name - Ryan Corp

Weed Man Fairfax-Manassas

Weed Man Lawn Care Fairfax-Manassas, VA is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible fertilization, weed control and surface insect with grub control services. For the past 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: We treat your lawn as if it were our own and provide you with honest and open communication. Additional contact name - Christine Musselman. Additional DBA - Weed Man.

2021267
    Virginia
    03/01/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

CLC specializes in residential lawn mowing. CLC also provides general yard cleanup of debris, trimming/pruning of shrubbery and/or bushes, bed preparation and mulching, (de)weeding of beds, and leaf removal.

Fertilization and weed control but we do have recommendations.