Culpeper Window and Siding Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2008

We work with home owners interested in Replacement Windows and Entry Doors. Repair and Replacing Siding. Repair and Replace Gutters, Leaf-Guards. We have Shutters and Snow Birds. We do not repair or replace glass. We would recommend contacting your local glass company. Local Culpeper Window &

..Windows

siding companies (34)gutter repair (24)window replacement (23)door installation (3)

07/12/2021

Keith S.

Tom, Tammy and their crew at Culpeper Window and Siding Inc. are incredible! Our drab yellow house with old fashion windows and doors is now a stunning, beautiful blue lake house with awesome windows and an amazing, beautiful front door! All our neighbors love the transformation but not as much as WE DO! Great prices and even greater results with EXCELLENT customer service! Thank you again Culpeper Window and Siding! You're the best!!

Description of Work
Windows, Siding, Doors.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

02/20/2020

Nancy B.

it went very well. The company was quick to respond. They came promptly. They answered all the questions one is supposed to ask. The work was done efficiently and looks very good.

Description of Work
new gutters and gutter covers

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], for choosing us to install gutters on your home. It's always nice when a customer calls you and knows they want to get their job done right away. You picked a great time for us, as you could tell because it was completed in no time flat. Sincerely, Tom & Tammy Dunlap

12/17/2019

Katherine C.

Great to work with. Completed job on time.

Description of Work
Siding and Gutters

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the good review and taking the time to review us. If you ever need anymore work in the future, please reach out to Tom. If you have any before and after photo Tammy would love to use them on Facebook. Thanks again, Tom

12/12/2019

Charles H.

Owner was experienced and started and finished work as promised. Installation team was cooperative and performed well. I will use Tom's services again as the need arises.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and downspouts, installed leaf guards and snow birds.

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the great review and we look forward to working with you in the future. It was nice to show our son, JJ, how Culpeper Window & Siding runs our business. He was super happy you picked us to do your work. Thanks again.

11/24/2019

jeanne B.

Tom Dunn owner of the company, just left the job saying he can not do anything for the leaking door .. brand new door continues to leak. He will not take phone calls from me. He was shrewd as he told the BBB it was the sliding door companies problem. Tom was the contractor and did not complete the job. He said the blinds were supposed to be like that. I have a full correspondence of texts from Tom throughout the whole mess. You can see in the attached photos this is how the was tried to be fixed. The company he dealt with told me it was Tom’s problem. The company said it was NORMAL for the door to leak. Which now leaves me with the problem as Tom will not come forward and have the door fixed or replaced. He stated he is not putting another door in. I paid cash for a discount and Tom will not produce a receipt for me. This is the truth... I would never speak poorly of any situation or person. Updated 4/7/2021 ABSOLUTELY HORRID I used Culpeper Window and Siding for a Sliding Glass Door Job. The Manager Tammy replied to my original review. The Door was a high end door to begin with, now the last door is the lowest grade. The fact of the matter is the whole brick wall was removed by Culpeper Window and Siding to put in the new Sliding Door. Not once was the the entire sliding door removed and the foundation around the door checked. The door has always leaked, from the BEGINNING lady manager and continues to leak. Tom the OWNER has seen it leak and I have documentation of that. I will post the next picture when it rains. I have the documentation from Tom DUNN , the owner that states he is NOT putting in anymore doors when I told him the water was coming over the ledge onto the dining room floor. So as for your comment you are "Committed to making sure we provide solutions when problems arise" is FALSE. The statement by the lady manager "service" is FALSE. In this case those 2 statements do not apply to this customer. This has been on going from the day the job was "finished". There has been no solution granted. The solution for TOM DUNN , OWNER was to walk away from the job and leave me with a leaking door, blinds inside doors do not work. Fix the door Tom like I kept asking....TOM DUNN will NOT take any calls from me. How can this get resolved lady manager??? What is the solution you are going to provide to make this RIGHT as it clearly states you provide the solutions. I did not break the brick wall down, I did not install the sliding door, I did not cause the leak why would I have to pay additional labor for something I did not do. Why am I left with a bad door or poor workmanship breaking out the brick. I paid cash....was the job claimed on your taxes TOM DUNN, OWNER ? YOUR REPLY HAS NO TRUTH TO IT lady manager. you can see last date of contact...TOM DUNN OWNER will not take calls from me..return calls. I used Culpeper Window and Siding for a Sliding Glass Door Job. The Manager Tammy replied to my original review. The Door was a high end door to begin with with low E Glass and a key, now the last door is the lowest grade, no Low E glass broken blinds inside door. The fact of the matter is the whole brick wall and 2 windows were removed by Culpeper Window and Siding to put in the new Sliding Door which leaked from the start after they finished". Not once was the the entire sliding door removed and the foundation around the door checked. The door has always leaked, from the BEGINNING lady manager and continues to leak. Tom the OWNER has seen it leak and I have documentation of that. I will post the next picture when it rains. I have the documentation from Tom DUNN , the owner that states he is NOT putting in anymore doors when I told him the water was coming over the ledge onto the dining room floor. So as for your comment you are "Committed to making sure we provide solutions when problems arise" is FALSE. The statement by the lady manager "best quality service" is FALSE. In this case those 2 statements do not apply to this customer. This has been on going from the day the job was "finished". There has been no solution granted, just sloppy bandaides. The solution for TOM DUNN , OWNER was to walk away from the job and leave me with a leaking door, blinds inside doors do not work. Fix the door Tom like I kept asking....TOM DUNN will NOT take any calls from me. How can this get resolved lady manager??? What is the solution you are going to provide to make this RIGHT as it clearly states you provide the solutions. I did not break the brick wall down, I did not install the sliding door, I did not cause the leak why would I have to pay additional labor for something I did not do. Why am I left with a bad door or poor workmanship breaking out the brick. I paid cash....was the job claimed on your taxes TOM DUNN, OWNER ? YOUR REPLY HAS NO TRUTH TO IT lady manager. I tell the truth...even under OATH! Anyone is welcome to come see this botch job. TOM I am not going away until you fix this door.

Description of Work
Sliding Door Installation... remove old windows break open brick and install

Category doors

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

Review for Culpeper Window and Siding Inc - 910 Hendrick St, Culpeper, VA - 38252426

We do apologize that you still seem to be having issues with your patio door. We are committed to making sure our customers get the best quality and service. And when problems arise, we are there to provide solutions. We have stood by you in this case and have replaced your door, 4 different times (3 doors in the past 6 years—including upgrading your door) using products from 2 different manufacturers. All the products that we used were designed with a weep system threshold. Any water in the track will drain through this weep system. We have also refunded 1/3 of the cost of your door and paid for all additional labor on your project. We have never seen an interior leak in your home and you stated that your door did not leak to the manufacturer as well. As you have experienced, we are committed to making sure we provide solutions when problems arise. Thank you for your feedback. Sincerely, Culpeper Window & Siding

10/16/2019

Donna C.

We met with a number of contractors for information and estimates. We were impressed with Mr. Dunlap, his credentials, experience and references. His estimate was competitive. We decided on his company, and we were not disappointed. His workers were experienced, cordial and neat. He has lived up to his word and stood by his product. We would not hesitate to use his company again or to recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
replace windows, install vinyl siding, cover trim, install shingles and install gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. You all were wonderful to work for and thank you for your business. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.

09/09/2019

Lynda B.

I love my new windows! They came in, measured and gave me a price. No dog and pony show, no pressure. Fabulous windows at a realistic price.

Description of Work
windows

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for all your great reviews everywhere. It really means so much to us. It was a pleasure to work with you and if you want to bring your pups over to hang out with ours give Tammy a call.

09/09/2019

Kathy A.

Culpeper Window and Siding is an awesome company! They were priced very competitive, on time with the schedule and the crew installed my windows and gutters so fast and professionally- I”m still amazed! Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
windows

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the awesome review. It’s truly amazing to be able to transform homes with our great windows. Keep up the scuba diving.

02/13/2019

Linda M.

I decided to have the work done later, but Culpeper Windows will be my choice. All but one of the other window companies required my husband to be present when they gave an estimate. This is crazy, he doesn't care about what windows I pick and there is no law that requires both parties to be present. I refused to get a quote from any window company that requires both parties just to get a quote! I could understand if they want both signatures on the contract but just to get a quote?

Description of Work
window replacement

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

We agree with you [Member Name Removed]. Companies do not need two people to be present. Tom is very good at not taking up anyone’s whole day giving quotes. He’s down to earth & knows this business 100% better than anyone around. Thank you for the review and we sure hope to hear from you regarding your window replacement.

01/30/2019

Chris G.

Everything was fast and repairs look great. I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Siding repair and gable vent replacement.

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

[Member Name Removed], you were wonderful to work for. Thank you for the great review. Hope to hear from you in the future.

06/26/2018

Eric B.

Work started on time. The crew was very well organize in installing siding and windows. Downspouts were reinstalled with new hardware. Some of the siding work was intricate, but came out great. The windows were installed like factory. Price was reasonable and well worth it.

Description of Work
Windows and Siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review. Our crew is super with the work that they all do. I’m still amazed every time we finish a job. No other crew is better.

03/08/2018

William D.

Outstanding. Tom is pleasant, frank, and does not pressure you. The installation was professional and tidy. I look forward to having the company back!

Description of Work
I had one window that required replacement, but after talking to Tom, I had him replace four. I expect to invite him back to do more very soon.

Work Completed On 02/09/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review. You are correct on how I’d describe Tom. We hope to hear from you all soon, Tammy

02/07/2018

Jeffrey H.

Good. Great company. Very professional.

Description of Work
Windows installed.

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

Thank you Jeff for the great review and for all the work you’ve sent our way. We really do appreciate it and have a great 2020!

01/22/2018

TC O.

Tom D, the owner is great. Provided a fair estimate with no pressure. His crew were all professional and skilled at the installation. Everything was done in the time frame promised. Would definitely call Culpeper Windows and Siding for any future work!

Description of Work
Replace 3 casement windows.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

09/20/2017

Mark C.

Tom described the windows & service to be performed completely. He was very available for questions. The windows arrived & were installed as promised.

Description of Work
Had Alside Mezzo windows installed in cottage. Old windows were removed & hauled & new windows installed & caulked, etc,

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

07/06/2017

Lonny S.

We were very happy with the work performed. The crew was very courteous and cleaned each day before leaving. The siding looks excellent. Tom even replaced a broken window lock and ordered a new window that gotten moisture in between panes. These are windows he had not worked on for us. I highly recommend Culpeper Windows and Siding!

Description of Work
Vinyl Siding - Low E wrap and maintenance free trim work

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

12/20/2016

Pat R.

Showed up and did work in a competent and timely manner. Price seemed a bit high but no complaints with work.

Description of Work
Had windows to repair.

Work Completed On 09/07/2016

11/29/2016

KAri N.

All went well; skipped one rain day

Description of Work
Gutters; installation of snowbirds

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

10/11/2016

Tom S.

Poorly. Not responsive, obviously don't care about your business.

Description of Work
I sent them a message via Angie's list email, and I never heard back. Very unprofessional.

Work Completed On 10/11/2016

I never got this mans message. He never tried to call or email again. I would have contacted him if I had his info, that's why I pay for the great service of Angies List. Sorry for the confusion.

08/05/2016

Scott F.

Every business transaction should be like this one. The owner responded promptly (10 minutes), quoted, I approved and he started work that day. They completed the 14,000 sq ft job by the next afternoon exactly how we had discussed with no mess, no issues and no disappointments. Remember when that was the norm ? They do...

Description of Work
Complete gutter and downspout replacement/fascia board repair

Work Completed On 07/21/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review. You are absolutely correct every company should be like this to their customers. Thank you for all the support throughout the years, means so much to both of us.

02/27/2016

Michael W.

As a recently retired contractor (with an A rating on Angie's List!!), I know how hard it can be to see a project through from conception to completion. However, Tom Dunlop (owner of Culpeper Window and Siding) makes it look easy! When I called to request an estimate, he responded promptly. He showed up at the appointed time and took great pains to understand what I wanted to do with the project, then talked me through several different options, and then wrote up a no-nonsense estimate on the spot. I already had received estimates from some of the big boys of replacement windows .... complete with astronomically high prices combined with all the typical phony "discounts" and "must buy today" offers that I really find personally offensive. I had already priced the windows and doors at local contractor supply houses and Tom's pricing was EXACTLY in line with what I had anticipated when factoring in the usual and customary expenses associated with running a small business. I accepted the estimate on the spot with an anticipated installation date within 2 weeks. Just like clockwork, two weeks later Tom called to set the install date complete with timetable of who was going to show up at what time. Like magic, that's exactly what occurred .The crew that installed the windows and doors were absolute professionals and Tom was right there with them to supervise most of the installation which went flawlessly. From beginning to end, there was nothing negative that I could find about the whole process.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in the house along with the front door.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/05/2016

02/06/2016

Theresa S.

All of their work exceeded our expectations! The price was fantastic, especially for the quality of work that was performed. Mr. Dunlap went out of his way to help us pick out quality products that we would be happy with for years to come. He was quick to respond to any questions we had as worked progressed and made sure that everything was completed as planned. The attention to detail (such as the size of downspouts that would look best given the size of the house) was a huge bonus. This company was definitely one of the best that we worked with on this project and we appreciate all of their help. I would highly recommend their services to anyone in the market for windows, siding or gutters.

Description of Work
Culpeper Window & Siding installed windows, siding and gutters on our new house.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

10/23/2015

William R.

Excellent work, professionally done.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced some gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding