FRANCIS PLUMBING & SEWER SERVICE

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2006

1001 CONDUIT RD

Colonial Heights, VA 23834

CLASS A LICENSED.IN BUISNESS FOR OVER 33 YEARS....

05/05/2017

Roddy C.

Does good work at a fair price. Learned about him from my mother, for whom he's done work for years.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

01/31/2014

Karen J.

Mr. Francis was able to schedule an appointment within 2 business days and was very helpful when he arrived. The kitchen sink and washing machine were not draining so he cleared the vent pipe which resolved the problem . He was easy to deal with and was dog friendly so I didn't have to lock up the dogs. I was satisfied with the service and recommend Francis Plumbing.

Description of Work
Clogged vent pipe prevented kitchen sink and washing machine from draining. Cleared vent pipe.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

05/23/2012

Mike M.

Ray Francis came shortly after we called with a leaky water heater and gave us a price to replace our electric model with a larger natural gas model. I left for work and when I returned that evening the new heater was in place and heating water (we had existing gas lines running to our adjacent furnace). The old heater was gone and the job site was clean. We have used Francis Plumbing for years and have always been happy with the work and price. One of the most important things for a plumbing problem is promptness and Ray has always showed up the day you call and usually resolves the problem that day. We have not had any issues lately that required a plumber, but will definitely call Francis when something happens

Description of Work
Replace leaking electric water heater with a larger gas model

02/24/2012

gene H.

Harold Francis was friendly and professional, reviewed the problem, talked the right tech specs, and knew his field. He explained the procedure, would try to tunnel under the walk but roots might not allow that. If the walkway had to be cut, he kept Quikkrete on the truck for repairs. He gave me a fair price, I accepted and he scheduled the job. After he left I realized I did not have a written estimate. He was always on time dropping off his crew, kept me informed of progress, ie, permits and inspections. Actual work was done by the crew. The plumbing work was fine. The concrete walk did have to be broken. The worker used a sledge hammer to break out a rough three foot section which was left open. The heavy pounding caused a crack in the walk farther along. Cleanup was poor, with chunks of broken concrete scattered about. Also the county inspector didn't like the meter box reinstalled in a tilted position. Without a written estimate detailing the job, I replaced the missing section of walkway and seeded the dug up area. This company does not accept credit cards, and does not offer a senior discount. I would use them again for work not involving the labor crew, and with tighter guidelines written into a contract.

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking 40 year old copper main water line with 3/4 inch IPS 200psi Endopoly line.

Category drain pipe

Customer seemed to be very happy with job. If there was a problem, he did not tell us. If he was unhappy, he should have called us. We would have promptly replied and corrected any problems. The last thing we want is an uhappy customer.

01/07/2011

Brian J.

I had what I would consider an emergency in that both of my bathroom sinks backed up at the same time in the morning before I went to work. I called Mr. Francis that morning and he said he could be there around lunch time. Sure enough, he showed up early and did the task quickly. He left the place as clean as he found it. He thanked me for my business and both he and his helper were very professional and courteous. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Cleared drain line.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

01/07/2011

Brian J.

Arrived when he said he would. Charged the quoted price. Very professional. A good experience.

Description of Work
Installed two shutoff valves on the bathtub intake lines.

02/23/2008

Robert L.

Mr Francis and his helper arrived when he said he would, both for the estimate, then a week later for performing the work. He had all the necessary parts and equipment with him and the work went smoothly. He installed the water heater and associated piping exactly as I wanted it. There were no unexpected glitches and the result met my expectations completely. He cleaned up and removed all debris, leaving my bathroom exactly as he found it.

Description of Work
I wanted a small water heater installed under my bathroom sink. The job consisted of disconnecting the existing hot water line from both sinks, then rerouting water through the water heater and into both sinks. It also required cutting a hole in an outside wall for venting the pressure relief valve. I received estimates from two large "name brand" companies, but Mr. Francis' bid was the most reasonable.

12/16/2006

RALPH W.

Mr. Francis told us he was backed up and could not see us for 10 days, which was followed by 4 more days to have installation of sump pump. He explained the delay right up front. We felt we could accept the delay because the cavetating stopped for nearly 9 days, and we did not not have to sleep on the floor away from the noise. The added four day delay was not as tolerable because the cavetating continued the whole time, forcing us to stay on the air mattress at night. As intolerable as this was, we do not blame Mr. Francis who told us when he could do what he had to do and always showed up when he said he would. Finally, he asked for the payment (which matched the estimated cost exactly).

Description of Work
Changed sump pump. The old one was cavetating in the crawl space beneath master bedroom. We had to sleep on air mattress in front room. Mr. Francis said when and what he could do and told us an estimate. Then he did what he said he would for the amount he estimated, and when he told us he would do it. He kept us informed at all times. We are sleeping well again in the master bedroom and not on the floor. We are very pleased. That's the story, no need to add to it.

08/17/2006

They did an excellent job and we also have used them for all kinds of jobs. Their guys were polite and knowledgeable. They also showed up as soon as it was possible. They were reliable time and time again so I wouldn t call on anyone else for a plumbing job. I knew these were the guys for the job and I could count on them.

Description of Work
They repaired a toilet that would not flush and they installed a kitchen faucet for me.

08/17/2006

This has to be the best plumber locally. He had to change a washer and do something under there and he was very thorough and did a good job. I know I could count on them anytime I have called him out for anything. The guys they sent out have been great every time they have been out.

Description of Work
He repaired my kitchen sink that was leaking.

Flinn's Rooter Service LLC

Flinn's Rooter Service is a family owned and operated business since 1990. We specialize in clearing slow and/or clogged drains. Professional guaranteed work with results that last.

CXL Plumbing

We specialize in all residential plumbing needs: drain cleaning, water heater repair/replacement, service/replacement of garbage disposals and dishwasher, toilet repair/ replacement. Leaking faucet? Bath tub backing up? No problem! We are a small business with 20+ years of experience and a life long resident of the area. We value our customers as family and we would love for you to join our family.

Mundin Plumbing, Inc.

Family-run since 2006, Mundin Plumbing offers reputable high-quality work for homeowners and businesses in Richmond and surrounding counties. Our expert plumbers are friendly, passionate and love what they do, and their work shows it! Our team is dedicated to building long-term relationships with our customers and that’s why our neighbors choose us Mundin Plumbing can tackle any size or scope of plumbing work, from general plumbing repairs to large installations like water and sewer line replacements, we even offer financing. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment for your home or business.

PLUMBING AND GAS LINE WORK. SPECIALIZE IN PLUMBING REPAIR,DRAIN CLEANING,WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT AND REPAIR, AND FAUCET REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT.

SEPTIC SYSTEMS.