Commonwealth Garage Door

Founded 2013 • With Angi since September 2013

12236 Hadden Hall Dr

Chesterfield, VA 23838

Commonwealth Garage Door is Central Virginia's local & family operated garage door expert. We specialize in all garage doors & offer the best service in the industry. CGD will make sure that your garage door is safe, secure, & working properly. Call today and speak with a certified technician that can help walk you thru a problem over the phone, or get you scheduled for a repair. We have technicians on call 24/7, & unlike others… WE ANSWER OUR PHONES....

04/19/2019

Russell A.

They did an excellent job. Fixed what I called them for, and made a few more adjustments. Knowledgeable and responsive. Also a reasonable price. Good company to do business with.

Description of Work
adjustment to garage door hardware

Category garage doors

Thank you very much Mr. [Member Name Removed], we are glad to help .. Happy we could get your door fixed up and running properly. Have a great weekend. Commonwealth Garage Door

07/03/2018

Robert M.

Extremely fast response, competitive pricing and professional. Needed emergency repair that were completed within 2 hours of contact via Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door torsion spring.

03/18/2018

Jane L.

My garage door (192x84") was mangled and inoperative. I called Commonwealth Garage Door late Monday afternoon. They were able to come out and give me an estimate before noon the next day. Even better, they were able to replace my broken door the next morning. They are very punctual, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. They fully explained everything they did and all the quirks they had to deal with while installing the new door. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace Garage Door

01/23/2018

Matt H.

All the cold weather then the warm up must have taken a toll on a spring on one of my doors as it went on Saturday afternoon and the cables came off, making my garage door into another wall. I called Commonwealth Garage on Sunday expecting to get a voicemail. Someone picked up and in under 24 hours my garage was fixed. I left a check, went to work, and came home to an invoice and a working garage door. I honestly do not recall having a better experience with getting anything fixed in my house. Nice knowing we have a "garage guy" whenever we need something.

Description of Work
New spring and re-thread cables

11/08/2017

Michael R.

Work was performed in an efficient, timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener.

10/20/2017

Nathan Y.

I called on Thursday afternoon at around 4 PM and someone picked up, gave me a quote, and scheduled the service for the next morning at 9:30 AM. I received a call the next morning at 8:50AM from Chad saying he was running about 30 minutes EARLY and wanted to know if that was fine. It was. He came by, confirmed the quoted price for the work ($90). Also, my two car detached garage doors both needed mobile eyes installed, so I asked and he quoted me at $40 each installed. He did the work, but then he also lubricated all of my garage doors, adjusted a few settings on one of them that needed it because it was slamming the ground too hard, and also adjusted one of the rails that wasn't quite aligned right so it made a loud popping noise sometimes. Overall he was friendly, professional, and went above and beyond my expectations. I was pretty bummed when my door broke, but I'm now happy that I have three working doors for the first time since buying my house two years ago!

Description of Work
My attached garage door spring/tension bar mounting bracket popped out of the wall.

10/10/2017

Karen D.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this company. I had gotten quotes from several companies and all told me it would cost as much to repair as to replace my single car garage door. This company showed up on time, told me it was easy, and cheaper, to repair. They had everything they needed to fix the door right then - no "let me email you an estimate when I get back to the office" and then waiting to be put on the schedule. Professional, quality, extremely affordable, warrantied work.

Description of Work
Replace spring, restring cable, re-track door

10/09/2017

Eric R.

Services were performed as expected and suggestions were made for improvements where needed

Description of Work
Garage door tuneup

09/25/2017

Afrikka E.

One of the springs on my garage door broke over the weekend. I called a couple of places, and happened upon Commonwealth Garage Door on Angie's list. I called them Monday around 11 and was advised they could get to it that day. At about 12:45 someone knocked on the door. At 1:15 the repair was complete. I was very impressed with the speed with which there were able to get out and complete the repair. The service guy was professional and clearly competent. I would absolutely use them again!

Description of Work
Replace broken spring on garage door.

09/14/2017

Alan C.

It went great! This was my first time owning a garage so I knew nothing about them or garage door openers. At first I called Apple Doors since they installed my garage door but they weren't helpful at all. I couldn't get a straight answer about how much it would cost or what the difference is between different models and it would have taken a couple of weeks to install. So I called Commonwealth because they had a clear price here on Angie's list for a garage door opener including installation and it was cheaper than what Apple doors had quoted for the same model. When I called I got Tommy. He is great and so knowledgeable and helpful and just a pleasant person to talk to. Every time I called I got Tommy the owner and I'm sure he's a busy man but he never made it sound like it when he was on the phone with me. I had to reschedule twice because of issues on my end and it was never a problem. He made sure to get it done around my schedule and never acted like I was a bother. His man arrived on time, explained everything to me, and made sure I fully understood how to use all aspects of the garage door before leaving. So incredibly helpful, You can tell the whole company just values customer service. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed a garage door opener.

08/16/2017

Mark F.

I found the spring broken on Saturday. I called and was immediately offered a Saturday appointment with the disclaimer that it would cost a little more on the weekend. We were not stuck in the garage so I waited til Monday morning. I was the first appointment Monday morning and by first appointment I mean 6:30am. Fantastic! The work was done before I left for work at 7:30am. Excellent Customer Service and exceptional work on the door repair. I could have used the coupon here but I was so happy the extra $10 was worth it.

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring broke on our single garage door.

07/19/2017

Michael G.

It went great! They showed up at 8 a.m (first thing in the morning) and installed my garage door opener perfectly. I brought it off of Amazon. I needed some more supplies and they provided those (at cost), so everything was perfect. They didn't take long to install it either. I would definitely hire again!!!

Description of Work
I needed a garage opener installed on one of my garage doors.

05/18/2017

Patrick G.

Went very well. Showed up on time and completed work quickly and in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Replaced broken torsion spring and sensor.

05/01/2017

Ben B.

The owner came the next day he quickly replaced both springs, lubricated the springs and the door, checked out the door and made adjustments to the door and opener. I am very happy and highly recommend Commonwealth due to their excellent service and reasonable costs.

Description of Work
My garage door spring broke late afternoon. I have a 16 feet wooden garage door weighting about 300 pounds with two springs and one of them broke. I needed both springs replaced since if one breaks the other is not too far from breaking. We were lucky to have one car trapped in garage but another car was outside at the time it broke so we were not in any rush. I called my buddy who is handy with these things and he said once he spends a day trying to replace a garage door spring but gave up and had to call a company to do it. He told me to call a professional. I went to Angie's List and internet and found out both springs need replacement, reasonable cost was about $250 for two springs and Commonwealth Garage had great reviews by customers and they were charging about $250 for two springs. I called Commonwealth Garage and got a $268 estimate and next day installation. Another company wanted more money and could not do it for 2 days. I choose Commonwealth Garage.

05/01/2017

Ben B.

Fast spring replacement and he also corrected and adjusted my doors at no costs.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door springs

04/05/2017

Kevin N.

originally purchased a different garage door opener to be installed but they kindly explained to me there was a small typo in the listing and explained the different features on the new unit they were installing. the gentlemen who installed my new garage opener were super kind, courteous, and patient as I asked my questions. after they installed the new garage opener they even swept through my garage for trash and cleaned up. super happy with service, would hire again.

Description of Work
needed a new garage door opener

03/20/2017

Nancy W.

I called Sunday evening and left a message asking if they could come out Monday. The owner Tommy called first thing in the morning and was able to come out that afternoon, which was great. He even called later to let me know he was on the way. They ended up having to replace both sensors, brackets and wires. While they were here repairing the sensors, I asked them to lube everything up too. Tommy discovered that the sprocket was in bad shape and could go at anytime, he showed it to me and it looked bad, I know he wasn't trying to get one over on me. The house is 11 years old, so it was really no surprise. He did those repairs for us too. Tommy and his helper were very pleasant and professional. Prices were very reasonable. It was a great experience! I would definitely recommend Commonwealth Garage Door to anyone!!

Description of Work
A groundhog got into our garage and tore it up! It removed one of the door sensors and chewed through the wires in multiple places.

01/17/2017

Margaret T.

They were on time, the work was well done and they were very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced the garage door

12/26/2016

Daniel M.

Answered promptly when called and came within just a few hours. Carefully completed the work for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Broken spring on Garage door.

12/13/2016

louis D.

The service rep was prompt, professional and competent. The two car garage door has two springs, only one of which was broken. The 2nd one was as old as the house and would not have lasted much longer. Rather than wait for it also to break and incur another service call, I had him replace that one also for an additional $75. He lubricated all the hinges and adjusted them as needed. The door is smoother and noticeably quieter now..

Description of Work
Replace broken garage door spring.

12/12/2016

Sarah R.

Tommy was very responsive. I called him this morning and he had an opening this afternoon. They came right on schedule. I asked to be called 30 min ahead, which he did. They replace both springs on the door and then also tightened up the cables for me and the door trim without being asked - thank you! They were in and out in a little over an hour. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace both springs on garage door

08/05/2016

BINU J.

My best.experience.ever.with anyone on Angie's list. Called to discuss the job and the phone was answered by Tommy-I'm guessing he is the owner. No receptionist or secretary. Tommy tells you exactly what you need to know. This was a wonderful educational experience. He discussed the various options with price and features. The price was way better than Apple doors I had spoken to earlier. And they had availability the same week as opposed to the other folks who were scheduling two weeks out. With the other company, I spoke to a secretary who had basic knowledge -but "may have to fix the springs-may or may not cost $300 more" etc. Tommy said that it was highly unlikely the springs need change. The day of the job, two excellent techs came and installed everything. Perfect job, cleaned up after. The garage door installer is amazing. top of the line lift master belt type with iPhone compatible opener and external pads all for $800. Thought the process, their communication was excellent. I've never had a better experience with any contractor on this site-and I have been a member for 11 years! Hats off to Tommy and his team!!!

Description of Work
Installed garage door openers for two garage doors that were previously operated manually. Belt type with external keypad and iPhone compatible.

07/18/2016

Robert V.

Fantastic. Tommy showed up on time and did a great job. After he was done with the springs, he help fixed the garage door controller on the wall....which was not part of the groupon,

Description of Work
Spring Replacement

04/17/2016

Charles F.

Arrived on time and ready to complete the job. The work was performed quickly and efficiently. Total time was about an hour. Would definitely recommend this vendor

Description of Work
Replaced a broken spring

03/28/2016

Patricia P.

I bought a deal on Angie's list on Tuesday and Commonwealth was at my house on Thursday to perform the repair. They arrived on time (actually slightly early), they were very professional, and did the job quickly and neatly. I wouldn't hesitate to call them again!

Description of Work
Replaced a broken garage door spring

Precision Garage Door

Sales, service and installation of garage doors, and garage door openers. Same day and 24-hour emergency service available. With the highest quality garage door parts available in the door industry, Precision Door is your right choice. Our garage door technicians are trained to diagnose and fix all kinds of garage door and garage door opener issues. We realize that your time is valuable and we want to make getting your door fixed as easy as possible for you. We know your doors are an important visual and useful aspect of your home. In many cases, the garage door is used more than the front door so we understand the inconvenience caused when it's not working. Precision Door Services of Richmond offers same day, 24/7 emergency service. Our fully stocked trucks and certified technicians are ready to help. We believe in our products so much, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on many of our parts and services. Ask us for details. We take pride in hiring technicians that are professional, courteous, and on-time. Precision Door Service of Richmond is locally owned and operated. Specializing in garage door repair and garage door replacement. Like most service companies, we charge a service call fee but also offer coupons. We do not charge extra for evening, weekend and emergency calls. Award winning products and service!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Garage Door, Garage Door Service, Garage Door Installation, Garage Door Repair, Garage Door Maintenance. Residential and Commercial Overhead Doors.