We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Parker Electric

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2010

P.O. Box 1876

Chesapeake, VA 23327

We are a family run business. All work is done by the owner, who has over 30 years in the trade. We pride ourselves on providing quality work at a fair price.

02/12/2021

Joanne G.

I had an issue with my electrical outlets I could not resolve. It ended up being an easy fix I could take care of myself and Parker provide the information to help me out. Appreciate the advice and honesty. Thanks.

Description of Work
Electrical Outlets not Working

10/11/2020

Aaron D.

Jason Parker and his wife were excellent to work with. Jason is friendly and does a spectacular job. The price I paid for all the work was well under all other estimates and he did a great job. I love supporting a small business, especially when they are so awesome. I will definitely use again in the future.

Description of Work
Electric Panel Replacement, Generator Transfer Switch/Plug, Outlet Install

Category electrician, generator service

02/03/2020

Russell T.

This is a review of the several times I've called Parker Electric for various jobs. Every job Jason has been extremely professional and efficient and everything was done to my satisfaction. Would definitely recommend him to anyone that needs electrical work done.

Description of Work
Indoor/outdoor outlet install, exterior lighting repair, cables run.

Category electrician, lighting

12/19/2019

Mike L.

Excellent. On time and very fair price.

Description of Work
Replace switches, move an outlet and cable connection and re-route conduit.

08/24/2019

Glenn Y.

Absolutely great! Jason showed up exactly at 7:00am. He put the light fixture together and hung it right where we wanted it and a level where it looked great. He also looked at a breaker for our AC that had a tendency to trip every so often. He discovered the breaker was not the right size for the AC unit. He switched it out quickly. Everything works great. Jason is honest and professional. I will definitely hire him again when I need electrical work done!

Description of Work
Hang a light fixture and replace breaker

Category electrician, lighting

04/25/2019

MOLLIE K.

We have used Parker Electric several time and have always been happy with his work. Mr. Parker showed up on time. He is very nice to work with, he came by a few days before the scheduled date to look at the work we wanted. He gave us advice as to what would be the best for us. We loved the work that he did. He works quickly and always cleans up any mess.

Description of Work
Mr. Parker installed ceiling lights in our garage and in our kitchen and hallway. He swapped out some of our other ceiling lights for LED lights. It has made a great difference in our home.

10/29/2018

Gary L.

Excellent and professional service. Mr. Parker was efficient, friendly, and just plain fun to talk to as he worked. He did not mind that I watched him work since I am always fascinated with electrical and plumbing projects.

Description of Work
Replace/repair a electric ground fault circuit. Replace an outdoor security light.

08/27/2018

Julie M.

Mr. Parker arrived on time and completed the work within the estimated time. Two requested installation projects couldn't be completed because of the hazard of disturbing lead paint in our older home, and Mr. Parker explained why. The projects that were completed were done professionally, and any questions I asked were considered opportunities to educate me as a home owner.

Description of Work
The work involved various electrical repair and installation projects throughout our house.

07/16/2018

Blanca P.

Great, troubleshot the problem, fixed with in an hour. Thanks for working us in, you are now my go to electrician!

Description of Work
Fixed electrical outlet

07/13/2018

Jackie D.

If you are on this website looking for an electrician, stop looking - Mr / Mrs Parker and Parker Electric are the real deal. I needed an electrician to come put up some exterior lighting - seemingly not a difficult job, a couple of flood lights and a new side door fixture. I had another electrician come out and spend hours over 2 visits trying to get the side light to work [very nice man], with no luck. He gave me a quote for the floods and the side light, but it was higher than I wanted to spend. I got back on Angie's list and found Parker Electric. I e-mailed for an estimate, and they responded within one day, and came out I believe the next day to give me a quote. Mr. Parker was super nice, didn't even care that my beagles jumped all over him. I liked the quote, and set a date for the work to be done. Mr. Parker got there on time, with all the hardware needed [I didn't have to buy anything up front], and determined within 10 minutes that the side light fixture was faulty, and had all lights [with very cool timers] installed within a couple hours. He was very personable, professional, and actually billed me a price under the original estimate. I have to say, I was looking around my house for something else he could fix while he was there - Parker Electric was that good. I urge anyone that needs electrical work to give these folks a call.

Description of Work
Two outside flood lights and side door light

04/19/2018

Matthew L.

Jason Parker performs high quality work. He arrived on-time for the job, had all of the materials necessary to do the work, and took care to do the job correctly. On this job, he installed nine new can lights, added two junction boxes for pendants in a hallway, and ran the necessary wiring through the attic. He also assembled and installed two new ceiling fans. He finished the work in about 6.5 hours. He has done a number of jobs for me over the years, and he has been nothing but fantastic on each one. He's also very personable and easy to communicate with. He's obviously a popular choice, but once you get on his calendar, you will get a professional result.

Description of Work
Installed recessed lights, pendant lights, and fans in master bed/bath

03/11/2018

Deborah L.

Outstanding! I cannot say enough great things about Parker Electric!!! Excellent, prompt service, very friendly and helpful. Great quality and price. I have a 60 year old house needing more electrical work, I will only go to Parker from now on. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Updated old 60 year old kitchen with 3 prong outlets, and dedicated outlets for major appliances

01/17/2018

Kathleen O.

As usual Jason was right on time, go the job done quickly and efficiently but all the while remaining personable and friendly. This is the second time we've used him and will continue to use him for all of our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Move electrical outlet & lighting junction box; install ceiling fan box and wiring

11/06/2017

Donnie B.

We are very satisfied with the work. Technician was punctual, professional and performed the work quickly and did an excellent job. Great price as well. We will definitely use again in the future. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Had them install a bathroom vent fan/heater in an upstairs bathroom that did not have already have one. They also converted my wall switch from a single to a triple to accommodate vent fan / heater functionality - and change dual outlet to a quad outlet.

10/26/2017

Richard C.

All work performed in a timely manner. Jason was knowledgeable and suggested good solutions to additional work we have contracted him for. I would not hesitate to hire Parker Electric for any repair or project you have in mind.

Description of Work
Replaced outside outlet that was not working. Added outside outlet to other side of house.

10/09/2017

Courtney L.

He came promptly. Very professional, personable and thorough. The job only took 1 hr and was completed entirely. He cleaned up all his debris and workspace when the job was complete. Even returned 1 month later for a necessary tweak that was unexpected when I had my water pump installed.

Description of Work
Installation of a 220V electrical outlet for sprinkler water pump.

10/09/2017

Courtney L.

Very professional, easy going, and personable. Not only did he install the home theater system, but stayed until we confirmed it all worked.

Description of Work
Needed home surround sound connected and installed.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans, electronic repair

10/07/2017

Natalie S.

The can lights' install went well enough, one can had a short in it from some sloppy (bare) wiring but Parker did not hesitate in sending someone to fix it in short order. During their first visit when I mentioned that there was more electrical work I was considering having done they were quick to give me a quote and wanted schedule a short follow up for the next jobs. Luckily I declined because I found that they gave me a pretty high quote for the next jobs.

Description of Work
Four can light installation.

09/12/2017

Jason B.

Services discussed were performed as expected

Description of Work
New Outlet and Ceiling Fan Installation

08/19/2017

William W.

Jason did a great job! When we opened up the box on the new ceiling fan the instructions said that this particular fan was not set up to be fit with remote control. Jason easily set up this fan to work with the remote. Jason will go out of his way to make the job go well. We will definitely ask for his services again in the future!

Description of Work
Removal and installation of a ceiling fan in our Master bedroom. Additionally, install a remote control for the new ceiling fan.

08/18/2017

Donna S.

The installations went pretty well. We purchased the $550 Big Deal but had to purchase additional hours to get everything completed. Mr. Parker was professional, courteous, and worked steadily. We will use him again, if needed.

Description of Work
Recessed LED lights installed in our kitchen with a dimmer switch, mount 2 large screen TV's on walls in our living room and bedroom, and install a new ceiling fan in our living room.

08/18/2017

Travis F.

Tremendously professional and quick.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous electrical tasks

08/14/2017

Catherine F.

Very well. He is very affable, professional and efficient. I would highly recommend. I'm afraid I don't remember the cost, but I do recall it was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Ceiling fans installed, some outlets redone.

08/06/2017

Quentin S.

He was OUTSTANDING! Prompt, nice and very funny! Made the job look too easy and gave some important future tips on how to complete other "honey-do" projects!

Description of Work
Need an electrical wire ran to install over the range microwave.

08/03/2017

Linda A.

Perfectly. Mr. Parker is a great professional who does first class work at a reasonable price

Description of Work
Installation ofseveral lights

Category electrician, lighting, electronic repair

Four Seasons Garage Doors

Four Seasons Garage Doors services the Greater Hampton Roads area with installation and repair of garage doors and openers. Four Seasons is a family start up business with a heart for people and quality service. We provide a huge selection of the very best quality garage doors and openers.

Offers Coupon

Sears Garage Solutions

Sears Garage Solutions is a locally owned franchise of Sears Roebuck & Company. All technicians have clear background checks. We are licensed and insured and offer some of the best warranties in the business. We offer prompt reliable service.

Offers Coupon

Wallen Garage Door Service

Wallen Garage Door Service provides residential service to homeowners throughout the Hampton Roads area. We specialize in new garage door installation and replacement, garage door repairs, and garage door opener repair, replacement and installation. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time so that you can have piece of mind that your garage door system is running both safely and efficiently for the long term. We would love the opportunity to help you with all of your garage door needs today.

2022 Super Service Award

Electronic Gadget Repair
    VA
    Virginia: Contractors
    09/30/2025
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

Residential - Commercial - Industrial Electrical contractor. We do remodels and renovations, new construction, panel change-outs and upgrades, boat lifts, pools and hot tubs, generator transfer switches or interlock brackets, landscape lighting, installation of fans, fixtures, or flat screen TV's , etc. Any job that involves the electrical system in your house or business is within our scope.

appliance repair, Generator Sales or repair, pool or spa repair