Jayhawk Exteriors Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2006

1824 Engle Ave

Chesapeake, VA 23320

Incorporated in 2003, Jayhawk Exteriors is locally owned and operated with offices on both the Southside and the Peninsula. Jayhawk Exteriors, Inc. is a Class A Licensed and Fully Insured professional company whose goal is to earn the respect and trust of our clients by providing quality material and labor in a timely and cost-effective manner. We represent the interest of custom builders, builder/developers, property management companies and commercial/residential property owners throughout the greater Tidewater area. We are an award-winning GAF Master Elite Certified Roofing Contractor – (less than 3% of all contractors in the U.S. have earned this designation), a CertainTeed 5-Star Vinyl Siding contractor and an A+ rated member of the Greater Hampton Roads Better Business Bureau (BBB). Jayhawk Exteriors is also an Angie’s list Super Service Award winner in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Jayhawk Exteriors is a proud supporter of our local community as well as the Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity & the Wounded Warrior Project. ...

06/10/2021

Malisa B.

Job went very well. Personal involvement of the owner was a plus (he showed up to check with us on the Sunday before the job was to start). His crew put in extra time to finish the job before rain delayed the project. We'd hire them again.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are delighted to know you are so pleased with our efforts and are enjoying that pretty new roof. We look forward to working with you again for your siding and window replacements.

06/07/2021

Lisa C.

We love our new roof. The team at Jayhawk took excellent care of us in a professional and timely manner. Chili 🌶 made sure our questions were answered and he kept us informed. The crew members were diligent and hard working. The had our roof done by 3pm that same day and even took extra care to cover the bushes next to the house so they would not be damaged. I highly recommend Jayhawk!!!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category contractors,roofing

Thank you so much for your review! Excellent care to every customer is what we strive for and it's so rewarding to hear when we've hit the mark. We are very happy to know you are so pleased with our work, that you found us to be professional and that you'd recommend Jayhawk to your family and friends. We look forward to being of service to you again whenever the need may arise.

05/17/2021

Brian D.

We have used Jayhawk three times now for different services and they have been professional and their services have been outstanding.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thanks for sharing your feedback [Member Name Removed]. It's always a pleasure working with you and we greatly appreciate your repeat business!

05/03/2021

Kimberly F.

THIS COMPANY IS FANTASTIC! These guys really know their stuff- our experience with them has been flawless from start to finish (they also installed our new roof 3 months ago). Not only were both jobs done quickly and cleanly, the customer service was friendly, helpful, and professional from initial estimate to final cleanup. Most important, both the roof and siding look absolutely amazing. We will definitely hire them again for future projects. -David Friedman

Description of Work
Vinyl siding installation a week ago

Category siding

Thank you so much Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We consider ourselves so fortunate to have customers of your caliber. It was a pleasure working with you once again! The total transformation of your home is quite impressive, even if we do say so ourselves!! We look forward to serving you and your family again any time the need may arise.

04/21/2021

Carolyn S.

Jayhawk Exteriors completed an exemplary job reroofing my home! Throughout the process, the crew were professional and hardworking...They used tarps and cleanup was thorough with magnets finding loose nails! What really clinched the deal, was they used a rubber tire dumpster and even placed a tarp under it on my nice new driveway!! I am so very pleased with my beautiful new roof! Thank you, Jayhawk!

Description of Work
Reroofing on 2 story home with attached 2 car garage...

Thank you so much for your kind review and sharing your feedback with us! We are delighted to know you are so pleased with us and are enjoying that pretty new roof. We look forward to working with you again in the future for any of your exterior remodeling needs.

04/15/2021

James D.

I am still in shock at what happened. The roofing installer we worked with was rude and condescending with me throughout the estimate process. He acted as if my questions during the estimate process were annoying. In the beginning of February the first estimate was done virtually with aerial views but since we had a flat roof, he came to the property and did a visual inspection of it. He pointed to a spot where the debris trailer would be placed that my husband thought was the grass beside the greenhouse . He came out a second time because we were thinking of shortening our carport and he was checking to see if they could do the work for us (which they could not) . We ultimately decided to go with Jayhawk because the price was good and the reviews were good; and I thought maybe he was just having some bad days. We knew the shingles were on backorder but when I sent an email to try and get an update, he didn't respond. I waited about a week and sent another email. He finally called me back and said "Why didn't you just call me?! I told you it would take awhile for the shingles to get in." So the shingles finally come in and we got the install date for today. I talked with him yesterday (and he was actually polite). We had a long discussion about moving cars out of the driveway for them to get the equipment close to the house. We have a concrete double car width driveway and a gravel single driveway so I clarified the cars had to be moved off of the concrete driveway. We moved the cars and a work trailer off it, but didn't move some mowers and table (he didn't tell us to). Well we didn't move the cars on the gravel driveway, and that SET HIM OFF. Even at this point we were willing to move the cars because we knew it must have been a misunderstanding. But he was so angry and belligerent that there was no other option. He said we should they had to move our mowers and table too. Again, we would have done all of this had we known.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category contractors,roofing

Clients are given info sheet w/estimate. It states to have driveway completely clear by 7 am day of job. Home w/2 driveways. Day of job, both are full, 1 w/cars directly under roof line - damage from falling debris is a high concern. 2nd w/cars, table/chairs, garden equip., large pile of rock. Estmr calls & knocks to get cars moved - no answer. Crew tarps landscaping, moves table, chairs, garden equipment, etc. Mrs. Homeowner (HO) answers & again fusses over material wait & asks why cars had to move! Estmr felt w/the continued friction over moving cars (known from day 1) job wouldn’t go well. We decline job (SEE DETAILS BELOW) We extended every courtesy to this HO & they try to hurt us w/this review. If Estmr was so “rude & condescending” throughout process, why sign a contract w/him? DETAIL TIMELINE 2/4 HO requests estimate. Estimate sent w/info sheet same day 2/10 HO requests 1st change; we revised contract. HO emails to change shingle. We advise upgrade cost & it’d be a special order w/extra delivery time. HO approves upgrade & requests an unavailable color. We give all color options. HO picks color, says “we aren’t in a big hurry” 2/11 HO has more questions. We answer, ask if ready w/color to write it on contract, & return so we can order material 2/17 HO has more work. Estmr goes back, met Mr HO for 1st time. We don’t do structural, so we can’t do carport requested 2/23 HO “ready to sign but don’t know correct price” (due to all the revisions) 2/24 Sent HO correct price 2/26 HO says “ready to sign but no printer” advise Estmr will bring copy to sign. HO asks about nonexistent warranty clause - we explain warranty again, ask them to review contract to ensure they are clear & comfortable w/it 3/4 HO sent contract 3/8 HO asks why not heard anything - Nothing new in 4 days - told numerous times of extended delivery time & that we’d keep them posted 3/29 Sent HO ETA of shingles 4/9/21 4/9 Tell HO materials are in & will do job on 4/15-16 4/13 Tell HO rain forecasted; date changed to 4/19 4/19 Decline job

04/13/2021

Melissa E.

Chili was great in helping me select the perfect color for my new roof. He left samples and suggested I take notice of the roofs I liked in the neighborhood. The Jayhawk team was great. They arrived on time, were professional, detail oriented, & did a super job with clean up. Simply put.... my new roof is beautiful! My confidence in their work is priceless!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Thank you so much for your feedback [Member Name Removed]! We are so pleased to know you are enjoying your beautiful new roof and that we were able to instil confidence in our company and our work. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future should the need ever arise for additional exterior work on your home.

03/18/2021

Deborah C.

An excellent job, start to finish. Of 3 bids, Jayhawk was in the middle and the research I did on the GAF roof system, and what Jayhawk proposed was the deciding factor. A four man crew stripped the old roof to the sheeting and installed the GAF system, just as my research indicated it should be done. All landscaping was covered during demo, all trash hauled away and a thorough sweep for debris and nails made it a turn-key job. My home is a one story, four bedroom, "L" shaped, with a sunroom, and the job was done in ONE day, I was impressed. The nice touch was all roof pipes, vents were painted a matching color.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement - shingles & bad roof plywood

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We love knowing we were able to meet/exceed your expectations and that you are pleased with our work. Enjoy that beautiful new roof! We look forward to being of service to you again in the future should the need ever arise.

02/13/2021

SUSAN A.

Ronnie came to provide a reasonable estimate for the repair and completed the work as stated, in good time. Ronnie and his team came at the stated time and kept us informed as to their progress. When additional work was needed, this was also completed in a timely manner. We are very pleased with this work, especially, as Ronnie was very willing to explain what was needed and to answer our questions, we would have no hesitation in hiring Jayhawk Exteriors for future work.

Description of Work
Repair leaking porch roof

Category contractors,roofing

Thank you so much for your review [Member Name Removed]! We are very happy to know you are so pleased with our work and that you'd use Jayhawk for future exterior work. We look forward to being of service to you again whenever the need may arise.

01/29/2021

Robert & Janis K.

They did an excellent job and were very professional. They even notified our neighbors with a flyer to let them know they will be doing the work that day. They were punctual, polite, and cleaned up after they were done. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put a roof on our home when we first moved here.

01/20/2021

John P.

Great. Punctual, professional and thorough!

Description of Work
Roof repair

01/16/2021

Marilyn K.

Everything was excellent. They arrived on time, finished the job in one day. Very professional. Very quite. Everything clean and in order when they left. Will definitely recommend to friends.

Description of Work
New roof on house, garage, patio and shed.

Category decks,roofing

01/15/2020

Elizabeth .

Great! They showed up the next morning and set the repairs for the next morning - before the rain. They did a great job for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repair flashing around chimney and replace rotter boards

10/22/2019

Pamela H.

The job was done perfectly; we had to reschedule a bit due to weather, but I was kept informed the entire time and it looks great.

Description of Work
A roof side trim needing replacing.

10/03/2019

Abby B.

I used Jayhawk exteriors 3 years ago for a very small install of gutters (on an addition in the back). When it came time to wrap my windows, facia, soffit etc as well as get new gutters, I knew who I would call. James came out and gave me an estimate, he was on time and professional. The crew showed up as planned and the job was completed on time and for the price agreed upon. The crew was friendly and respectful. After full inspection of the job, I asked James to send someone back out to caulk a few more spots. No questions asked, James sent someone out (foreman from my job) to fix those few spots and that was it. I’m very pleased with their work AND their crew.

Description of Work
wrap 17 windows, new gutters and wrap soffit etc

Category gutter repair,replacement windows

09/03/2019

Susan K.

Ronnie did an outstanding job. He was on time and went about his work in a very professional manner. If I ever need exterior work done again, Ronnie and Jayhawk will be the people I call!

Description of Work
Repair facia alum. covering and repair sliding roof shingles

Category roofing,siding

06/17/2019

Ashlyn L.

Our roof was over 20 years old and we discovered a leak. I got quotes from two companies but once I met James and he explained my quote I didn't need any additional information I wanted Jayhawk to do our roof. The crew started in the morning and they finished by the afternoon with both our house and the exterior garage and it looks great. This whole process took about 2 weeks and I could not be pleased.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

01/12/2019

Raymond N.

On time for quote. Returned to answer questions I had prior to choosing vevdor. Provided valuable knowledge to assist me in my decision. Kept me informed on start date and once established, arrived as stated. During the Operations I was provided updates. They did a great job and were very professional in dealing with us from start to completion. Will certainly recommend them to others and will look to them on any other repairs or changes I might be looking to undertake

Description of Work
Replaced Roof

Category roofing,skylights

12/28/2018

Sandra N.

They did a very good job. Good. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They put a new roof and gutter.

Category gutter repair,roofing

07/23/2018

Sandra B.

Jayhawk Exteriors were great to work with beginning with the estimate and through completion of the job. Work was done in a timely matter and everything was cleaned up perfectly. They arrived on. time and had everything done with the roof before we got home. The gutters were installed on another day and done perfectly. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Tear off of old roof, install new roof, replaced 10 sheets of plywood, added 4 roof louvers, installed chimney cricket behind chimney. Installed all new gutters with Diamondback gutter guard and downspouts on a ranch style house.

07/09/2018

John D.

The estimator knew his business, and gave me a very fair price. I did end up using someone I had dealt with before, but was impressed with this company.

Description of Work
Re-roofing job

04/30/2018

Nancy C.

Great no trouble at all Finished in one day

Description of Work
Roof was too old and needed replacement

11/16/2017

Amanda K.

All according to plan for the most part. Jayhawk was very patient with us as we worked through an insurance nightmare, and they performed the work as agreed.

Description of Work
Roof and siding

Category roofing,siding

10/29/2017

PATRICIA P.

I can't say enough good things about this business. Mike came out and gave a fair estimate for the work. I was more than pleased with his recommendations too. I have been working on my home for years and what I needed was someone who understood how important this was to me. I met with a half a dozen roofing companies but Jayhawk stood out above the rest. The roofing crew was at my home bright and early and took great care in looking after my property. Mike (the President of the company) came by throughout the day to make sure everything was going well. I have been recommending them to my neighbors and I will definitely do business with them again. This business cares about their customers and these days, that's hard to find. Mike even offered money saving ideas. This is a great company. I am so happy with my new roof and their professionalism is above the rest. Thank you JayHawk Exteriors!!!!

Description of Work
New roof installed on home and detached garage

09/18/2017

Lynda F.

The siding is beautiful. A quality product for a reasonable price. The work crew was professional and detail oriented. The entire project was completed in the time allotted!

Description of Work
Our 35 year old home needed new siding ! We received a very reasonable price from Jayhawk Exteriors!

Flooring Solutions LLC

Flooring Solutions focus on costumer satisfaction.We specialize decks ,patios,fence,siding,roofing,flooring.

CAVALIER ENTERPRISES

In business since 1997, Cavalier Enterprises is a Class A Licensed State Contractor and perform both interior and exterior work throughout Virginia. We offer FREE estimates for remodeling projects and 30% - 50% discount for Angie's list customers and guarantee lowest pricing. We will do commercial & residential projects, have many references, and pride ourselves on professionalism in the industry.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

General Remodeling
    Virginia
    Virginia: Contractors
    04/30/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential Roofing Repairs and Replacements, Vinyl Siding Replacement, Soffit/Trim work, Windows, and Gutter installations. SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE: Painting, Gutter & Roof Cleaning, Fencing, & Garage Doors.

Painting, Gutter & Roof Cleaning, Fencing, & Garage Doors.