Help Around the House Handyman Service

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2013

2213 Gilmerton Road

Chesapeake, VA 23323

We are a small jobs handyman service. We specialize in doing those things you don't know who to call for--the "honey-do" list!

07/18/2019

Thomas V.

they never called back

Description of Work
Nothing was done

04/08/2019

Lynn T.

Jonathan and his helper did an excellent job of completing all tasks, plus a few extras thrown in after the initial estimate was written, within the time frame(s) and price(s) estimated. I obtained several estimates, and his was the most reasonable (though neither the lowest nor the highest). I also was comfortable giving Jonathan the key to my house and leaving him in the house while I was at work; this was convenient and worked out well. He always cleaned up to the point that you wouldn't know he was there except for the fact that items on the list were getting done. I had a very long list of a variety of items big and small; from installing flood lights, a ring doorbell, an exterior back door, two storm doors and two windows to fixing a broken fence, broken kitchen cabinet doors, detached gutters, and doors that wouldn't close properly, plus patching a hole in a ceiling, cleaning out ivy and other overgrown grasses behind a shed, etc., in the yard, and more. I definitely will hire him again in the future.

Description of Work
Honey-do list

05/18/2017

Jerry A.

They arrived when they said they would, were very professional and did an excellent job. We couldn’t be more pleased. We intend to use them for another job soon. I highly recommend these skilled professionals to everyone who needs handyman work performed..

Description of Work
They replaced the steps and some rails on our deck.

11/30/2016

Bruce G.

John arrived to do the estimate and Jermaine to do the work at the agreed upon times. Removal of the wind vane was easy - just removal of a couple screws. When Jermaine looked at the wind turbine he realized one of the welds was broken and it could not be fixed - he explained the issue and we agreed he should remove it and replace. He made sure my husband saw the broken weld when he brought the unit down (any man who is used to taking care of such things himself would appreciate that). He went and got a new unit and it was replaced within 3 hours. Cleaning the vent was an adventure - our dryer is in a very small area making the work difficult but Jermaine climbed into the small space and really did a great job of cleaning the vent (two grocery bags full of lint!). He then replaced the outside cover on the vent. The cost was exactly as estimated and Erika called to tell us the price of the turbine while Jermaine was still at the store so no surprise there. Overall they did a great job, we are very pleased!

Description of Work
we needed a weather vane removed from the roof, one of the wind turbines on the roof repaired and dryer vent cleaned. This is a two story house and most of the work was on the roof. We are retired and my husband no longer goes on the roof!

11/30/2016

Bruce G.

Both appointments - one for estimate and one for work- were kept exactly on time. Jermaine did a great job - he told us that the turbine had a broken weld and it needed to be replaced (not a surprise on a 40 year old house) and after he brought it down from the roof made sure my husband saw the break, then went and got a T

Description of Work
We need our dryer vent cleaned, an old weather vane removed from the roof and a turbine repaired on the roof. House is two story and it meant most of the work done up on the roof.

09/03/2015

Elizabeth K.

He arrived on time, and was very nice and professional. He wrapped the vinyl straps around the chairs and pushed in the rivets to hold the straps in place. There were 4 chairs and a glider. The time it took to do the job and the price were what I expected. I was happy to find someone willing to do a relatively small job. I was happy with the work and would call him again.

Description of Work
Luke helped me put replacement vinyl straps on my deck chairs.

07/13/2015

Donna L.

Referred by Bob?s Job as they don?t handle Portsmouth, estimate scheduling was fast, Luke Croll came out estimated the front door paint job and rotted wood replacement for my rental unit. He emailed me an estimate fast and the price was reasonable. I set up a fast appointment with Nancy and work was done. I have not seen the work myself, but my tenant and my dad stated the work looks very good. Will definitely call again for more work.

Description of Work
Paint Front Door and Replaced rotten wood around door.

06/04/2015

JUANITA B.

Description of Work
HANG ADDRESS PLATE INTO BRICK MAILBOX, INSTALL LIGHT FIXTURE & PAINT LAMP POST, HANG PICTURES INSIDE OF THE HOUSE.

06/21/2014

Dana M.

Everything was done in a very professional manner and work is quality work. Mr. Croll is extremely nice man and is always on time and also willing to make any changes you like. Will take the time to discuss the project in order to understand what your needs are and what you want the end product to look like. this is my 2nd time using Help Around the House and I will continue to use them for all of my handyman, updating projects. Mr. Croll will also be honest and up front about what he is able to do and what he cannot. He does have other vendors/contractors he can refer you to if he his not able to do a particular job.

Description of Work
Repairs to 4 sections of fencing in back. Repairs to shelving in shed. Take down and rebuild wooden column on knee wall in entry way. Install anchors/posts for flag pole.

ASAP CONSTRUCTION LLC

It is always better to contact us through email instead of this app, repair@asapconstruction.net ASAP Construction, LLC is a Virginia Class “A” Contractor with experience in the complete services of repair and installation for your home in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake VA, Portsmouth, and Norfolk VA. Family owned and operated since 1991, we are proud to be your Home Repair Specialists! Our specialties include: Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing and Electrical. For over two decades most of our business has come from word of mouth and referrals and the US Local Business Association has awarded us the Best of Chesapeake 2008 – Present in Repair and Installation Services. We are also listed as one of Angie’s List highest Rated Contractors. ASAP Construction, LLC is a company you can trust to supply experience, professionalism and quality home repair and installation services. Let us be your personal technician. When calling, press Option 1 for Jack if you need Plumbing, Electrical or General Home Installation/Repair work and press Option 2 for Chris if you need Carpentry, Rotten Wood, Termite Damage, Roof Repair, Drywall or Masonry. We answer our own calls to provide you the most comprehensive call experience so if we miss your call please leave a message and we will get back to you. If we cannot personally do the work ourselves 90% of the time we know somebody that will help you. If for some reason we are slow to reply to your message - please forgive us! As we are answering our own calls, occasionally, they can slip through the cracks. Just send us an email or call us again - we are happy to work with you!

Offers Coupon

The Painter, Inc.

We are a family-owned painting company established in 2006 to fill a void in excellent customer service in the painting industry. Our unique approach to customer service, high quality paints, and a 100% money back guarantee are the reason why we are the fastest-growing painting company in our area for the last four years. We do all types of interior and exterior painting, deck and fence staining, Garage floor Coatings, Cabinet refinishing and much more.

Rosa Aquilar Painting

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in painting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We specialize in the tiny tasks that keep your household running.