Chesapeake Auto Center Inc.

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2010

119 Tilden Ave

Chesapeake, VA 23320

Complete Auto Service! When you trust an auto repair shop with your vehicle, you should be able to trust that the job will be well done! At Chesapeake Auto Center, All Of The Work Guaranteed! From speedometer calibration to engine rebuilds, Chesapeake Auto Center provides quality work at fair

01/05/2020

William A.

Went great, work is guaranteed, prices are very competitive. Won't go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Ignition. Coil

03/17/2016

Marian N.

So glad we joined Angie's list to get the name of this place! We went to the shop at 10 am, described the problem. Mr. Ranno asked us to come back at 1 pm. We only have one car. He said no need to rent a car. We went back at 1 pm and his people got the part and repaired the handle by around 3 pm. It didn't seem that long. We sat in the waiting room and watched TV. He came out and chatted with us. Showed us the part they took out. Couldn't believe they would do the work right away. A very pleasant experience. He even turned on a heater in the waiting room in case we were cold. I am overjoyed to find this shop and it's very honest owner who knows what he is doing. Definitely going to go back if needed and share his name with others The bill was $258.19 but he reduced it to $200. because he said it didn't take as long to do it as he had thought. It is very heartwarming to find someone like this you can trust who makes you feel like an old friend.

Description of Work
Replace front door latch, left inner door handle, driver side, 2008 Ford Fusion. (Couldn't open the driver door from the inside.

07/08/2015

James G.

It went very well. "D" was very easy to work with. I was always able to reach him via phone. He always explained my options to me, and never pushed me with anything. The work was done as scheduled, on time. He even had a coupon because I used Angie's List that saved me $63. Overall, I think they did a very good job, and I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired my 2004 Suburban 2500. Fixed the rear brakes, replaced a brake line, replaced the hydro-boost, replaced tie rods, and fixed a brake light switch. I knew those were issues when I took it in, and after they were repaired, they gave me a successful state inspection

06/08/2015

Robert M.

not badly some miscommunication on when my vehicle would ready and didn't call me when work was done. but it was good work for a good price.

Description of Work
repair auto

05/01/2015

Tom D.

Did a great job and price was reasonable. Car's AC runs fine now.

Description of Work
Replaced my car's AC compressor.

11/14/2014

Sam B.

Sebastian and Carol are good people. I have been dealing with them for 5years they can do it all and charge a reliable price for there work. If you want someone who you can depend on Sebastian and Carol are great to deal with.

Description of Work
they put on new valve cover gaskets and new on my 4 runner.

05/22/2014

Shirley T.

I have been in this area for a few years. I have several cars one being a 91 Toyota Corolla which I usually take to the dealer for service. I have tried a few mechanics other than the dealers with less than a positive experience. I found out my water pump was going bad on my 91 Corolla so I decided to search for an auto center. Chesapeake Auto Center was close to my home and had great reviews on Angie's list so I decided to give them a try. I went in and spoke with Sebastian about the water pump possibly needing to be replaced. He thoroughly listened to what was going on with the car's leaky water pump and went out personally to see what was going on with the cars. He started the car and verified the leak. Sebastian is a real deal honest guy from the old school with great customer service. The Chesapeake Auto Center replaced my water pump the same day at a good price. I feel comforatable saying this is where I will be taking both of my cars in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced the water pump on my Toyota Corolla

04/25/2014

Michael D.

This place was fantastic. They did a great job performing the required tuneup maintenance on my Nissan. Plus they're family owned and honest. The owner was great to talk to as well. Overall a great experience. Highly recommended for your car care needs!

Description of Work
Great service and customer satisfaction.

03/06/2014

Jeremy H.

Came in for an oil change and got so much more. They really took the time and took care of me. Customer service is top notch and make you feel welcome. I'll be coming here from now on!

Description of Work
Auto center that apparently does it all!

12/21/2013

Chris R.

It went well. They were nice, courteous, and it was a good price. I thought they were very informative.

Description of Work
They fixed a fuel line, going to my gas tank. They also, fixed my fuel gauge, the floater had sunk. They changed my oil and did an overall inspection.

Category auto repair, car inspections

11/27/2013

Ronald M.

I was very impressed. I spoke with a young lady on or around 22 November and informed her that I would be utilizing the businesses' drop-box to leave my Impala well after the close of business hours. She was very friendly and accommodating. I left a detailed message along with my key that night. By about 10:00 am the next day, I received a call updating me as to what was wrong and which issues were pressing and which were safe to address at a later date. I preferred to get everything done at once and I was told that I would receive a call later in the day with an estimate that would factor in the costs of parts and labor. At about 11:30 am, I was given a final estimate which was lower than what I expected for such work (disclaimer: I am not a "car guy" at all, but a couple of co-workers who are savvy where vehicles are concerned agreed that this price was fair in comparison to other auto shops in their experience). Since this exchange took place on a Friday, I wasn't expecting to hear back from anyone until the middle of the following week at the earliest. I was delighted when I recieved a phone call from Mr. Sebastien stating that my car was ready. He also mentioned a couple of trivial things that could be fixed now or later down the line. I opted to have them fixed now so he told me he would fix these items as well. By Wednesday(today) at around noon, the aforementioned young lady called me and told me my vehicle was ready just in time for the holidays. As I had the good fortune of leaving work early today I eagerly went to get my Chevy. I was able to speak with Mr. Sebastien. I could not thank him enough for the expeditious manner in which he got my car roadworthy. He is a very warm gentleman and his promptness and professionalism are greatly appreciated by me because my parents instilled the same combination in me. I would definitely recommend Chesapeake Auto Service to anyone and I will be back again as soon as budgetary(Christmas) and time constraints permit.

Description of Work
The service provider performed a myriad of work to my recently purchased 1995 Impala SS, including shocks & struts, replacement of lug nuts, and quite a few other services that I cannot remember (the reciept is not at hand).

09/25/2013

Ross P.

Sebastion was very easy to work with and very fair and knowledgeable. I was very pleased with all of their work and they did several things that they did and didn't even charge me for. Quality work at a fair price, you can't ask for more!

Description of Work
Chesapeake Auto Center worked on two of my vehicles. The first needed repairs and a tune up and I was so pleased with their work that I took my other vehicle to them for inspection and maintenance.

Category auto repair, car inspections

09/10/2013

Gregory M.

WASTE OF TIME!!! The lady that works the window was ride from my first step in. I had called on the weekend, and a gentleman answered, let me know that they're closed on the weekends, but made an "appointment" for Tuesday at 3:15 for to look at my brakes, and an oil change, even asked me what I drive. When I showed up 10 minutes before, I was told that they don't do appointments, but they can get to my car in about 30 minutes because they had to pick up my oil filter and oil, they didn't have it in store. I asked the lady if he was still going to check my brakes, she said that if I wanted that done I'll have to come back another day. That was my breaking point. I asked for my car back, and told them that jiffy lube is just right down the street. It took them about 10 minutes to get my car back to me. The gentleman explained to me that he was in the middle of checking my brakes...... You can only imagine my frustration hearing that after the rude lady that worked the window.

Category auto repair

No one can make that lady happy

09/04/2013

James U.

Service was great. Parts were more expensive then market value but labor charges were less then market value so I considered it a wash and was very happy with their services.

Description of Work
Replaced stabilizer linkages on ford F-150.

08/29/2013

Janice H.

I have AAA, and Royce's towing was dispatched to my car (we were stranded near the midtown tunnel) They came very quickly and the gentelmen towing our car was efficient, knowledgable and curteous. I had to call AAA during this process and we were delayed while I resolved an issue with AAA. But Royce's driver was very patient and understanding. I cannot thank them enough for the outstanding job!!!

Description of Work
Towing service.

Category towing

08/26/2013

Brendan N.

The service was excellent. I will definitely return and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced two spark plugs

08/19/2013

william A.

From the initial phone call and estimate, everything went well. Very professional, estimate was a little less than other service providers, and the service was fast once I delivered the car. I highly recommend this provider, and this is very hard to do with all the shady providers offering service for less money. The car was fixed (and fixed right the first time) and was not one cent more than the estimate, and there were no recommendations for "other" service needs that one gets at dealerships and other service providers. If you value great service at reasonable prices--this is your destination.

Description of Work
replace brake pads on all four wheels. Work was excellent, fairly priced, price estimate was right on, and speedy completion of this job makes me a customer that will return again and again. Very ethical and good, a combination that is hard to find today, I recommend this business without any reservations!

08/06/2013

Regina H.

I found out about Chesapeake Auto Center on Angie's List and decided to give them a try. Our problems were diagnosed and repaired without delay. I was impressed by the honestly and integrity of Sebastian. A part was replaced, but didn't solve one of the problems... he TOLD us about it, said he was removing it and there was no charge for the labor involved. Not everyone would do that. Our vehicle was ready to go at the time promised and we couldn't be happier with the repairs and service.

Description of Work
Our ancient Jeep Cherokee had a few age related issues that needed addressing. The starter died, the distributor had to be replaced, a couple of gaskets were crumbling, and we had a significant oil leak.

07/01/2013

Sheila H.

We decided to try Chesapeake Auto Center, based on the overall number of very good reviews. When I noticed possible brake pad scraping noises beginning, I called to ask if they could look at the car that day (Honda CRV 2009, purchased used, one year ago). We brought it in and, after having a look right away, they told us that we only needed the back brake pads replaced. They gave us a quote and completed the brakes - we picked the car up less than two hours later. We appreciated that they let us know we did not need the front brakes. Their service was quick, helpful and reasonably priced and we will be sure to go back again.

Description of Work
Rear brake pad replacement.

06/17/2013

marie I.

I brought in my new-to-me car because the AC was not blowing cold air. It took them less than 5 minutes to show me that it was "operator error." I had just not pushed the right button. We all had a good laugh over that. The only thing I was missing when I left was my pride. They pointed out my mistake for free. The next time I have a real problem, I will be back. Sebastian and Carol are good people.

Description of Work
"Fixed" my AC.

06/10/2013

William R.

Very professional. Job done correctly the first time. Full explanation of work performed.

Description of Work
Replaced spark plugs and wires, replaced coil pack.

05/02/2013

Raymond A.

Very honest and fair. We brought our van in to troubleshoot why it didn't blow cold air. He did the best he could to figure it out, ruling out the usual suspects. Since he wasn't sure what the exact problem was, he didn't charge us anything and recommended that we try to get the dealer to do a diagnostic to isolate the issue. We did as he recommended, got the report and gave it to him. He said the part was cheap and wouldn't charge us to put it in because he said it was quick and easy. We had some other issues noted on the report from the dealer which he reviewed and said much of it was up-selling by the dealer. We agreed to take care of some of the past-due parts replacement like serpentine belt and water pump. We did it all in a day!

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner really and changed serpentine belt and water pump.

03/04/2013

David M.

My husband needed some repairs done on his car before we exited the military and moved to MD. I looked on Angie's List and found Chesapeake Auto Center and since it had such great reviews I decided to try them. My husband did not want to take his car there but I convinced him to trust them. Such a bad idea. They were courteous at the door and I explained that I needed an alignment done, new tires, and a new CV joint. When we picked the car up my husband noticed that it was still pulling to the left so he called and the owner fessed up that the technician didn't actually align the car, and that he had charged us for a service he didn't actually preform. He paid us back the money plus a little extra as an apology. Okay, he came clean, we moved on with our lives. Fast forward 3 months. Now we notice that the CV joint is leaking. We take it in to a repair shop and they tell us that the joint that is on the car is the wrong size. Lovely. We call back to Chesapeake Auto Center to explain and ask for our money back and the owner tells us to take the old CV joint and return it ourselves. So not only did he lie to us the first time, he did shoddy service TWICE and will not help us in trying to rectify the situation. Not only have I lost my faith in Angie's List, but my husband will no longer trust me to pick a place to get his car serviced.

Description of Work
1. Alignment 2. New tires 3. A new CV joint

02/18/2013

Frank and Margaret C.

Chesapeake completed the work at the time promised. They could have stated that the wheel bearings were bad and charged me for work that was not necessary.They were very personable and professional. I noticed that several local people came in for service. They were addressed by name and asked about family etc. I went to this business solely on the basis of a referral by Angie's List and had a very good experience. I am pleased with Chesapeake Auto's work and would use them again. I am however disappointed in Angie's web site. I am unable to cut and paste while crafting this review. That makes my feedback a lot more difficult and time consuming. I would strongly suggest that you correct this issue in order to prevent me, the customer, from having to delete sentences and rewrite them so I can improve my statement that you have requested.

Description of Work
I took my daughter's 2006 Honda Accord to Chesapeake Auto and asked them to test drive it and note the noise that sounded like a bad wheel bearing or alignment. I stated that the car pulled to the right. They evaluated the car and said that the alignment appeared to be the problem. After performing the alignment, they called me and stated that the tires had a cupping pattern on the treads due to a misalignment of both the front and rear wheels. They asked if I would like to replace the tires. I stated that I usually purchased my tires at Costco. They said, "why don't you get an estimate from Costco and we will provide an estimate, you can then make your best choice". We made sure to compare using the same size, make and model tire in order to be fair, "Comparing apples to apples" . Chesapeake Auto Center beat Costco's estimate which included new stems, balance, and discarding of old tires.

Category auto repair, car tires

01/14/2013

Denise W.

I dropped off the car the night before. I heard back mid morning about what the issue was. Sabastian was very energetic about his response/knowledge. No work was done due to the holiday weekend. They were closing early that day. I would have taken it back when they reopened the next week but, I needed to get issue taken care of right away. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
Ask to have my car looked at to find out why it was shaking.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Towing
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Tires
    Auto Transmission
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

Automobile Parts & Supplies,Calibration Service

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Chesapeake Auto Center Inc.

How is Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. overall rated?

Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. open?

Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. is open:

What payment options does Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. provide

Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

Does Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. offer free estimates?

Ask Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. for details on free project estimates.

Does Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Chesapeake Auto Center Inc.?

No, Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. offer?

Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. offers the following services: Automobile Parts & Supplies,Calibration Service

Are there any services Chesapeake Auto Center Inc. does not offer?