Castle Drywall & Plaster

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2012

Castle Drywall and Plaster is a family owned and operated company. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal and top priority. No job is too small or too large for our great attention to detail. We offer senior discounts and free estimates. Stop looking at work that needs to be done and start looking at finished work that exceeds your expectations. Give us a call today to schedule your free estimate 757-609-3550. Additional email - castledrywallplaster@yahoo.com. Additional contact name - Paul Burch....

drywall (65)plastering (19)interior painting (14)home remodeling (1)

02/11/2022

Jameika S.

Everything went well. They came out and repaired the ceiling.

Description of Work
Drywall installation

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

09/28/2021

Henry S.

We had unexpected damage to laundry room drywall. We were able to schedule the repair quicky with Castle and the work was beautifully done. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

10/02/2020

Mario G.

Brian showed up on time and immediately began prepping the area with plastic and tape. He was pleasant and polite as well as dedicated to the task since he barely spoke while getting everything ready. Once the area had been properly protected he exchanged pleasantries and got to work. Here is where it gets interesting. My house was built in 1985. The crew who finished the drywall did so with a very thick and deep swirl; it is really beautiful. My wife and I had pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that nobody would ever be able to recreate them. Well..... I was pleasantly surprised, blown away is more like it. The work was that of an artisan. the swirls are rich and deep and really do fit in with the rest of the walls. Thank you Brian, you are a professional and a craftsman at finishing plaster. I will recommend Castle Drywall and Plaster happily and readily. I hope they send Brian. Good manners, polite, unassuming and most importantly... a craftsman. Great work and thank you very much. I am very happy and I am sure my wife will be also when she sees it. Happy wife, happy life.

Description of Work
Repair drywall after chair rail removal

Category plastering

Cost $400.5

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

03/18/2019

Deborah L.

EXCEPTIONAL OUTSTANDING WORK!! Paul and his professional crew are the true premier artists. Incredible how they not only eliminated all the cracks but Paul perfectly matched the intricate rope design on the den ceiling and swirl designs in living room. The house looks brand new and fabulous! Wow! I never expected Castle to be this great after having been disappointed by failed repair attempts in past years. The entire crew were friendly, prompt, stayed on schedule and cleaned up afterwards. The price was very reasonable, especially considering the extent of repairs needed. No wonder everyone raves about Castle!

Description of Work
Repaired numerous deep cracks in ceilings and walls of 60+ year old neglected brick house. Several cracks were so severe that ceiling was starting to sag. Also the ceilings have lovely swirl and coiled rope designs that looked ruined from the cracks.

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

01/29/2019

Mary T.

Completed work looked great! We'd replaced the lighting in our kitchen and had some 6-inch diameter holes, from the previous light fixtures, that needed to be patched. Textured plaster also needed to be matched. The two men from Castle did an excellent job; quality craftsmanship plus they were super tidy and cleaned up any debris they might've created during their work. Would definitely hire Castle again.

Description of Work
Repairs to kitchen ceiling

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

01/17/2019

Lee B.

OUTSTANDING and yes that is capitalized. Very responsive to request for quote, calls and arrivals were as planned( hard to find that these days), workers were polite, professional and very clean work site once complete ( which including sanding of tape joints). I can stand up close to the repairs and I can not tell they were repaired. OUTSTANDING work...Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Numerous settlement cracks, very high ceiling( tape joint repair), knockdown plaster,paint to match

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

10/26/2018

Cheryl A.

The quality of the work was terrific. The workers were well mannered, highly skilled, neat, and a pleasure to have in my home. I could not have asked for more competent or professionally skilled artisans working on my historic 100+ year old home. I highly recommend this company and would use them again myself in the future.

Description of Work
I needed some plaster ceilings repaired in a historic 1910 built home.

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/07/2018

joseph N.

They are a great company proceeded to do everything that they quoted us on doing. Even going beyond that and hanging a new chandelier my wife had bought. On time very professional will hire them again without question.

Description of Work
Foyer ceiling was damaged from a leak.

Work Completed On 10/07/2018

09/14/2018

Beth A.

Arrived on time. Nice fellows. Took precautions to keep dust down and contained, matched the "sand texture" of the wall and painted. Cleaned up the area very well. After a couple of days it was apparent that one coat of paint was not sufficient. Texted a picture of the repair. They called and someone was back the next day. Now looks great. No indication that: there had been a hole in the wall , it had been repaired and repainted.

Description of Work
Repaired a small hole in drywall, matched the wall "texture" and painted.

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

09/12/2018

Bonnie M.

They do excellent work! We needed new drywall, mudded, and swirled to match the existing ceiling. This section took only a couple of hours to complete. They took care to cover the floors and cleaned up afterwards too. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Placed drywall and swirled a section of ceiling

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Review for Castle Drywall & Plaster - 1439 Butts Station Rd, Chesapeake, VA - 37393736

07/17/2018

Rita Y.

I could not be happier with the work done in my home. Paul's company did an Outstanding job! Very professional! Explained all work being done and completed all work to my liking. I would definitely recommend this company and would hire again. 100% Satisfied customer!

Description of Work
Repair of drywall

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

06/12/2018

Gail C.

The young men who did the job were polite and professional. Prior to hiring Castle, i had been assured the knock back texture could be matched, and the end result is very obvious, hence the fair rating - I’m disappointed in the result.

Description of Work
Knock back plaster ceiling repair

Category plastering

Work Completed On 03/03/2018

Review for Castle Drywall & Plaster - 1439 Butts Station Rd, Chesapeake, VA - 37146768

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the work we did in your home as you had indicated you were by signing a completion form the day we finished the work. We offer a 1 year warranty on all our work but we would need you to contact us to let us know you are not satisfied with the overall finish other wise there is no way for us to know. We are a small company and our most important policy is to make sure our customers are happy and completely satisfied with the work we do in their homes. We appreciate and value your business and would like the opportunity to correct any issues with the work.

04/07/2018

Michael H.

Excellent, including the cathedral ceiling.

Description of Work
Drywall install, mud and sand

Work Completed On 04/07/2018

03/19/2018

Edward G.

Showed up a. little early and worked the project steadily to completion. Cleaned up afterwards and did a very smooth job. Excellent work!

Description of Work
Remove a replace drywall ceiling.

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

03/17/2018

Douglas M.

Installation went in without a problem. Finishing the drywall was done with minimum dust, which is an accomplishment in itself. The quality of the finish was good, not excellent (there is some unevenness at the peak seam). They were easy to work with, and returned promptly to touch up a couple of seams.

Description of Work
Installed drywall in ceiling of dining room.

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

02/13/2018

Virgil D.

Poorly. It took too long; often working half-days only. Drywall mud slung around carelessly on walls and doors. Paint drops on floors and three window shades ruined. Edges of ceilings at walls poorly finished. In the end the owner personally came to try to make it good, but the overall experience and work quality were disappointing.

Description of Work
Removal of popcorn ceilings. Some popcorn removed and some ceilings covered with new drywall.

Work Completed On 01/21/2018

Mr. [Member Name Removed], our company strives to satisfy our customers. It's not ok for us to have a customer say they wouldn't hire us again. The length of time this project took had a lot to do with your schedule you couldn't be there out of town a few times during this project because this project started during the Christmas holiday. As for our guys working half days they work 7-330pm. When the time came to pay us you didn't discuss your dissatisfaction you simply chose to pay us 500 less then what was agreed upon. The owner contacted you and came out and addressed all your concerns and made it right. You then sent a check for the remaining balance minus the blinds. We're terribly sorry that you had a bad experience that is not our goal at all. Keep in mind you have a year warranty for any touch up needed. Please re-consider hiring us for your next project. We do aim to satisfy.

01/14/2018

Dana M.

Paul and his guys are total professionals, that have taken a new construction nightmare with growing pains settling cracks and repairs to ceiling and walls where new vent ducting need routing, and restored it to the way it looked when we originally bought it. Always promptly on time, professional, courteous, and cleaning as they go. Unwilling to settle for just good, as he stated, his reputation is on the line, it will be done right. It was better than right, it was perfect!

Description of Work
Drywall repair ( and installation) to entire downstairs ceiling and spare bathroom, repairs to settling cracks throughout the house, new knockdown applied to areas requiring it.

Work Completed On 01/14/2018

12/25/2017

Colleen B.

Working with Paul and his team was wonderful and ceilings look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! He was more than fair and was prompt in his response to my many questions. Highly recommend him for any ceiling work.

Description of Work
Repair and plaster ceilings

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

10/30/2017

William S.

Smooth process, work was done in a timely manner and good craftsmanship. Paul was flexible and understanding to specific needs.

Description of Work
Drywall, texture, trim and paint

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

09/13/2017

Crystal R.

Fantastic, they were very punctual and did awesome work.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

05/15/2017

Heidi F.

They were on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
They removed the wallpaper in several rooms as made the walls paint ready. They also patched some holes in the drywall.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

04/03/2017

Ron F.

It was a good experience, but I have not done any hiring on that project. Even though I did not hire them I was confident in the gentleman who had come out and I was impressed with the experience they had.

Description of Work
Castle Drywall did a quote for me.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

03/15/2017

Meredith H.

The technician showed up to evaluate the work needed. Said they would email a quote. Two weeks later, we contacted the company and were told that the technician did not turn in the notes he had taken but that she would get then information and we could expect a quote soon. Now it has been 6 weeks and there has still been no contact. We have not received an estimate via email or phone.

Description of Work
Needed small drywall repairs in several areas of my home.