CarScope Repair & Diagnosis

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2010

1014 Bells Mill Rd

Chesapeake, VA 23322

CarScope is a small family repair shop where you don't get lost in the crowd. We truly care about you and your car, not just about "getting your business." We try to offer a small town relationship in a big city....

Carolyn Y.

It was excellent service and I had no complaints. I love their integrity. They tell you what is wrong and how much it will be to fix it. They recommend services but are honest about what can wait, so they are not pushing sales. It was easy to make an appointment and we got in quickly. They were honest about the work they did.

Description of Work
We brought a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 over from England and it wouldn't start. They were able to get it working.

Jennifer M.

Their service was great. They don’t do unnecessary work. They tell you what they recommend and what work can wait. Their prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
I use them frequently for automotive repairs. They have done all sorts of repairs.

Tom C.

Their service has been great. They are very reliable and honest. They give great feedback and there is no pressure whatsoever. I think they are great people and have been using them for about two years. I also recommend them others.

Description of Work
They do all repairs for our vehicles.

Barbara B.

It was a good experience. I had used them once prior to this and there was a part left off the engine. I took it back to be replaced and it wasn’t a major problem.

Description of Work
They installed an alternator in my car.

Steve N.

Their service was excellent. They seem to be honest and they price their services well. We have used them for about 6 months and have had no issues. They get the work done efficiently and I like working them.

Description of Work
They have done a lot of repairs on my car, as well as general maintenance. We have older cars, one of which is a 2002, so they need repairs and regular maintenance.

09/24/2013

Michael P.

HAD MY CAR FOR A FEW DAYS, FIGURED OUT HE COULDN'T FIX IT AND RETURNED IT AND DIDN'T CHARGE ME.

Description of Work
GAVE AN ESTIMATE ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO.

Category auto repair

We started supporting Angie's List and recently became a business sponsor/member, whatever they call it. Angie's List used a free service they offered to search all of our customers, find the ones that use Angie's List and send a request for them to make a review. It looks like so far we have had two disgruntled customers that responded. Disgruntled customers happen, but we do our best to take care of our customers. This one is no exception. We looked back at this customer's repair order in question, and found that he needed a heater core. We didn't have notes about any time frame issues, so I can't speak to that. My suspicion and vague recollection is that we could not get a hold of him for days. There would have been no other normal circumstance that would have caused us to delay returning his car to him. But I don't remember those details. We do replace heater cores, so I doubt we told him we could not do it. Sometimes we will price a heater core from the dealership because for some reason their book times are sometimes less than ours and other aftermarket shops' labor guide times and we can save the customer money by sending them to the dealer. MAYBE this is what we did, I do not remember. But we definitely replace heater cores. Heater core replacements are usually expensive because the dash has to be taken apart, and this one is no exception. Maybe he did not want to spend that much money on it, maybe we referred him to the dealer as a courtesy to save him some money, I honestly don't remember, it was a while back. But typically we do replace heater cores and it would be very odd if we told him we could not. Yes we did not charge him, but what he did not mention is that we also bypassed his heater core for free so he could continue to drive without leaking water (though there would be no heat). This bypass was not some desperate effort on our part due to incompetence but a kind gesture to help him be able to keep driving without having to do the repair immediately (with us or anyone). I hope Mr. Perry sees this review and it helps him understand our side of this issue. I do not recall if he ever voiced concerns about this to us. But we are always ready to explain our actions to those that mention a concern. We make mistakes too but we generally try to make it right.

Amanda K.

Their service was great. They were very friendly and are a mom and pop shop. I like to support local business and was happy to use them. I had no trouble scheduling and their turnaround time was good.

Description of Work
They did a synthetic oil change.

Donna C.

The work was fine. They were able to do what we needed to get the truck on the road.

Description of Work
They did some work on our truck to get it ready for inspection. We bought a government vehicle at auction and needed it to be road worthy.

Regina H.

Their service turned out well and their facility was super clean. They worked on time and the estimate was accurate. There were no surprises of extra work that needed done. It was finished when they said it would be and we were pleased overall.

Description of Work
We had an older car that had several issues and they were able to make the necessary repairs.

Megan H.

They are very pleasant and nice to work with. They are professional and can get you in pretty quickly. Their prices are also reasonable. I have used them many times and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
They ordered, installed, and balanced two new tires for our car.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    Auto Mufflers
    Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, American Express

Auto Services, Inspections, Tires, Transmission, Alternators, Mufflers, Radiators & Auto Electrical

Detailing, Collision Repair