Atlantic Craftsman Co

Founded 1974 • With Angi since January 2007

Atlantic Craftsman is committed to using only top quality roofing materials from national brand names including GAF and CertainTeed. We're the roofers you can count on for quality and reliability....

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Richmond

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Richmond! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Nansemond Exteriors Inc

Family owned & operated for over 40 years. We offer only high end products at low to mid-grade prices. Our Installers have been with our company for over 25 years so we can guarantee quality workmanship. Call today for a free, NO PRESSURE, no obligation estimate. We DO NOT DO REPAIRS, only full replacement. We service all areas in Hampton Roads

Window World of Tidewater

Window World of Tidewater is one of the largest home improvement resources in the region. With a wide array of products including vinyl replacement windows, vinyl siding, replacement doors, gutters, and shutters. With various colors and styles, we provide countless combinations of exterior solutions. Our products are designed to increase the performance of your home, bringing energy efficiency and functionality to new heights.

03/31/2019

Jody H.

We have nothing but GREAT things to say about our experience with Atlantic Craftsman. Mike was our project lead and he was absolutely amazing. Mike is extremely knowledgeable with dealing with insurance companies and the roofing industry in general. He guided us through the entire claims process and was responsive to us from start to finish. Joe, the owner, was very friendly and proactive from the start. Both of these gentlemen are very professional, honest, have excellent customer service and do quality work. Our roof was installed a couple of weeks ago and we love it! It looks amazing and the crew cleaned up so well leaving our yard free of debris and nails. Our transactions were seamless and now we are very happy with our new roof!

Description of Work
Complete Roof Replacement (Hail Damage)

07/26/2018

Tony M.

I had a partial roof replaced about 1.5 years ago.After it rained water would come down the side of my entry way of the front door.Atlantic craftsman came out actually it was the owner.I explained in full detail what was going on and that the roof had been recently replaced and what was happening now.I also explained that the prior roofer claimed it wasn’t the roof he put on wasn’t the problem it was the construction.He recommended replacing the roof.I signed off on the work because it hadn’t rained since the work was completed.Then it rained and not only was the problem still there but it was now leaking on the other side.I called them and they sent a repairman over.He said it wasn’t the roof but the siding from the construction.I made several calls although they claim that I never called about this issue except when I hung up on their receptionist.Then they tell me they also do siding and would be happy to send their siding guy out to give me an estimate.I paid them 2600.00 for a roof now they want to sell me siding.Why didn’t the owner with the prior information say lets look at the siding?He either doesn’t know his business or he took advantage of me.He has now accused me of slander because of a review I wrote on google.All I want is my roof not leak and not get ripped off.

Description of Work
Roofing partial roof

06/19/2017

Mark W.

I was extremely pleased with the quality, value and professionalism of the work.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters.

04/07/2017

Randy P.

I hired Atlantic Craftsman Co. because my roof had developed two leaks and I called them to have the leaks repaired. All the local roofing companies were swamped due to massive storm damage and could not schedule repair work. Joe from Atlantic called, and spent two hours repairing the roof. We talked about the condition of my roof and my knowing it had severe problems from previous work that was poorly performed, I received a quote from Joe. No sales pressure just a quote. We scheduled for a roofing replacement, also allowing for replacement of bad plywood which did not add much to the original quote. All told, the job took two days and the workmanship is nicely reflected in the finished product. They have a great team.

Description of Work
Old roof removed and new roof installed, including garden shed.

10/17/2016

Miguel G.

In a hurry to get repair done and move on. Repair worked in one area (easy), completely failed in the other(more difficult). It was easy to get them to come out to do the repair...it is proving difficult to get them to come back out since money was already collected.

Description of Work
Roof repair

09/01/2016

Darrin C.

This was an excellent experience. I first called and talked with a gentleman who took my number and said, "I'm going to have James give you a call. It may be this afternoon but he will call." About 15 minutes later, James called. We set up a time for him to come by and scope the job. He showed on time and gave me a quote. We talked a little bit and he came down 10% on the price. We set up an appointment for James and his partner to return the next afternoon to complete the work. The following afternoon, they showed up as agreed and immediately went to work. As they were working the detached garage, James noticed that two of the plumbing vent pipe collars on the house were deteriorated. He pointed them out and asked if we wanted them replaced. I was a bit hesitant to say yes because of the price he quoted. We talked back and forth and he came down 25%. After agreeing to that, I inspected two other plumbing vent pipe collars and could see that they too both needed to replaced. James and I talked some more and came up with what I thought was a more than fair price. They accomplished the work and cleaned up the work site. They did a final sweep of the yard looking for shingles and pieces of the collars that they may have first missed. These guys were awesome and as my luck would have it, about an hour after they left, it began to rain. Fortunately, I had them complete the work in order to keep inside my house and garage dry. If you're looking for a fair price with quality work and professional personality, call James at Atlantic Craftsman.

Description of Work
Atlantic Craftsman replaced 12 shingles on my detached garage and replaced 4 plumbing vent pipe collars that had deteriorated.

05/21/2016

Peter W.

It is unfortunate that I have to post a negative review about this business because all of this could have been EASILY avoided if they would have honored their 5 year warranty back when we hired this company in 2013 to repair our bump out copper roof in our formal dinning room. When we started with Atlantic Craftsmen, the owner [Mr. Joe ****** ] was very instrumental in the proposal process, as he was on site and directly provided the quote. Furthermore, after the project was completed, he assured me that we were in "great shape" and would not have to worry about a leak again. Now, I understand things happen and we are all a work in progress, but, to completely avoid the situation, not to return my calls, and just display a lack of professionalism is not acceptable. The primary reason for hiring this company was due to their professionalism, competence, & warranty. Furthermore, they do not honor their own core values on the landing page of their website... In closing, during their months of neglect, we have experienced further water damage to our chair rail, wainscoting, shoe molding, & crown molding...During their months of neglect, I have interviewed about 7 roofing companies and 1 Master Brick Mason, consequently, they are all in agreement that the job was not competed correctly. Bottom line, and from my personal experience I would not rehire Atlantic Craftsman

Description of Work
Replace Copper Roof Flashing and fix leak.

09/11/2015

George B.

Transform my house by adding new GAF Gold Pledge shingles 50 years plus , siding and Trim Sofit into a brand new looking house. The Trim crew Michael Senn and Rick Dalton did a outstanding job, master craftsman Professional and took pride in there work. Responsible and respective of property. When it comes to the roof make sure you go with a Company that is a master elite installers and you get the Gold Pledge Warranty with Warranty Registration certificate from the manufacturer of the shingles. The lowest price does not guarantee you have a warranty, lifetime on shingles if it is not done by a Master Elite Installer. They are many companies that are Gold Pledge but only a few that are Master Elite Installer and can offer you the best warranty.

Description of Work
New Gold Pledge Shingles and Trim Sofit and Siding

08/17/2015

Zachary M.

The work was second to none. Based purely on how nice of a job they did, I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Responsiveness overall was poor. Getting scheduled took a long time, but they were grateful that I was patient. They took a little off the price in the end due to the extended time I waited to get the work done.

Description of Work
Replaced all gutters and downspouts on the house with new seamless gutter and replace rotted fascia in two places. New gutters are the type that do not need cleaned out, as they are covered with a mesh.

06/24/2015

allen L.

I wasn't impressed. They showed up but didn't do any repairs. My roof was in a rough state so I expected them to do a lot. They were supposed to take pictures and then come up with an estimate for a new roof. I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
They were supposed to do a roof inspection and minor repair.

Category photographers

Commercial roofing, siding, windows, gutters repair & replacement.

Product Sales.