Academy Enterprises Construction

Founded 1985 • With Angi since February 2012

2.7

517 Youngstown Ct

Chesapeake, VA 23322

Academy Enterprises LLC Class A Virginia Contractor Serving Hampton Roads Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Franklin 757-285-6878 Commercial and Residential Construction, Remodeling and Repair Services We provide quick,

02/28/2018

MARK L.

I found these guys from the Anderson Windows rep at Builder's Source. At first they seemed quite good (in terms of how they talked). Execution was terrible. Based on the conversations I added to my contract some gutters. In the end the windows don't look anything like they should. Some are crooked. They overcharged for the replacement trim work. They charged per linear foot, which is fine and normal, but charged far more than they actually replaced. In a couple of cases I had to argue that a particular sill needed to be replaced. Then they charged for both the inner trim piece and the outer (1/2 inch flat) trim piece separately. In previous years, I had several of my windows replaced and some of the trim replaced by painters. Nobody else ever charged separately for that work. A couple of the windows still have drafts around them. I ordered the top end of Anderson Windows. Paid over 16K for 21 windows (without installation) to show you the quality I purchased. I'm happy with the brand and quality I chose. Too bad the installation wasn't up to standards. The Anderson coil stock to wrap the outside of the windows is poorly installed with wrinkles and misaligned seams. As a result they don't look like the quality I would expect from Anderson. The gutters are a joke. They didn't bother sealing the joints, so they leak at every joint. The downspouts are crooked and not properly secured to the side of the house. This causes strange noises when the wind blows from certain directions. I had to tell them to cut the downspout higher in order to fit the bottom elbow joint on to allow water to run out of the bottom. I will be hiring a different contractor to fix my gutters. I plan on pulling off all of my inside trim and fixing the drafty and poorly installed windows myself. I wouldn't trust these guys to build a leaky doghouse.

Description of Work
Installation of replacement windows. Added gutters.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

03/31/2014

Linda D.

Absolutely perfectly! It far surpassed my expectations and I will happily use this company for all of my HVAC and construction needs. The company provides quick and superior service, are totally professional, clean up the site as they go and were a joy to work with. I have used many vendors with this and other properties and I have never had such a great experience from beginning to end. They are the best!

Description of Work
Install new air conditioner to existing gas heat system for whole house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/24/2013

Gaye P.

First off, the owner/boss was working on another job other than ours in another state. He was rarely here to oversee what was being done. This left his workers to carry out the day to day building details. One of them was an ex-convict who was rude, vulgar and unprofessional. They cut corners wherever they could and often left us with inferior products. Luckily my husband was there during the majority of the build and was able to catch a lot of the problems. They installed the stairs from the deck down to the beach incorrectly and had to redo them two or three times. The decking is uneven and some screws are too tight or not tight enough. No quality control. There was a major water leak during the last phase of building that soaked our newly installed carpeting and ruined wood flooring in our dining area. They tried to hide that it happened. Had we not shown up right after it did, we might never have known. They were going to try to dry it out and hope we did not notice. Our Anderson windows and doors were not installed to manufacturer guidelines. They leaked during Tropical Storm Sandy. The wood floor in our living/dining area was warped due to water leakage. This storm was nothing in this area and we should never have had leaking. The contractor refused to do anything about it. His suggestion was to cut out the wood and install tile, as he was sure it would happen again in the next storm. He refused to fix the windows and doors. Our soffit rattles terribly with any wind and makes it impossible to sleep at night due to noise. He says he will fix it for a fee. This has been a problem from the day we moved in. The builder would substitute products without our approval. We have a kitchen faucet with no sprayer because what we ordered was no longer available. He just chose to install one without it. Our granite counter tops were not ordered or cut correctly for the faucets. They were installed too close to the wall and now the drain stoppers will not work because they are too tight against the back splash. The tub filler on our bathtub never worked properly (only dispensed hot water) yet he refused to fix the problem. A new filler was delivered yet he never sent a plumber over to install it. Our garage floor is cracking badly and he has not come to look at it even though we had been telling him this for months. He stalled and stalled on all of our problems and now says that since our year is up, everything requires a fee to fix. I would not let this man in our house to touch another thing as I do not trust his workmanship nor honesty. We had since hired an independent home inspector who cataloged and documented errors in our upper deck installation as well as all the leaking. The building contractor refuses to acknowledge this even though he was sent the report. Frustrating! In the end, the builder left us high and dry and did not stand by his work. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
We hired them to build our home.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, interior painters

This review is not valid and should be removed. The person who wrote this review... was not the person that we contracted with and built the house for.

Home Genius Exteriors

GV SOLUTIONS PAINTING AND CLEANING LLC

GV Solutions is a family company dedicated to Remodeling, Painting interior and exterior, repair and clean from small areas to large places, We are dedicated to listening to the needs of our clients, and making possible projects at the best prices and qualities We make free estimates, we arrange a visit or call with our future client in order to hear in detail what they need. Our services: - Interior and exterior painting - Installing floors and removing old floors - Sanding and varnishing of wooden floors - Repair on walls, ceilings or any area of ​​your house - Deep cleaning of your home - Cleaning with pressure machine - Home remodeling - We can help you with this and much more

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

R&R Custom Painting

Here at R&R custom painting we specialize in exterior and interior painting. We take pride in the work we perform, while delivering great customer service! We have over 10 year of experience and are owner operated. Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

ask for details

ADA Equipment & Ramps Doors – Interior or Exterior New Construction Additions (Room or Building) Drywall Painting Architectural Finishes, Electrical Tile Work Bathrooms Existing Facility Repairs Transformations Brick Work Flooring Plumbing Carpeting Framing Renovations / Remodels Construction Management HVAC Roofing Demolition Kitchens Siding Design Lighting Trim and Wood Work