David Gomez Painting

Founded 2016 • With Angi since August 2016

David Gomez Painting proudly serves the Charlottesville metro area. We have over 8 years of experience in painting & drywall work. Our prices our very affordable without compromising quality. We treat your home like ours.

interior painting (25)house painting (25)pressure washing (6)handyman (6)drywall (6)plastering (1)

12/01/2022

David V.

We talked to David Gomez about putt a roof on our House in mid October. The roof was completed just before Thanksgiving, more than a month later. The job was done in an efficient and professional manner one I was finally started. Some of Mr Gomez’s business procedures are somewhat suspect. He doesn’t trust his clients but is offended when his clients don’t implicitly trust him. He works only in cash which indicates to me a lack of trust. If Mr Gomez prefers to operate on a cash basis, and I completely respect his decision and in no way intended to dictate how he should run his business but if he operates on a cash basis he should be forthright and offer receipts. I only got a receipt because I requested one. If you want a professional high quality job done and you don’t mind working in cash only then Gomez is your man. I implore you to get a firm start date and be prepared to ask for a receipt.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Category handyman service

We are sad to hear about your experience. However we are glad you liked our professional job. We will take this into consideration for our future clients and appreciate the suggestions our goal is to always be efficient to fit our clients. All our receipts are sent online through email. Our payment methods are flexible and we work with the client to choose one that best works for them. On this case it was decided cash would be the most beneficial method of paying as it was the cheapest. Your respective receipt was sent to you electronically to your email account. Regarding the time it took I had personally communicated with you that the material you wanted for the job was out of stock and needed to be special ordered which resulted to the project taking longer than expected. We appreciate your feedback.

11/25/2021

Vern K.

Excellent work- Great crews- fair price. I would hire him again in a minute.

Description of Work
Interior Painting and drywall repair of great room and open stairway

Work Completed On 11/20/2021

11/17/2021

Kyle O.

David Gomez and his team did fantastic work. Originally they told us it would take 8 days to paint most of the rooms in our house. But when they found out my wife was pregnant and would be spending some nights at her parents' house to avoid the fumes, they worked over the weekend and finished in 6 days. Everyone was extremely professional and the results were amazing. We can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 11/17/2021

10/18/2021

Jay P.

David and his team kicked ***. If you want something done well and with haste, hire David and his team. I will be recommending him to anyone who needs drywall/painting work done, and will probably use him again in the future!

Description of Work
Drywall repair, mudding, and painting

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

10/15/2021

John P.

It went perfectly. David and his team made our home look like new again. They were in and out quickly and arrived on time. Cleaned up after their work. All in all this was a very pleasant experience.

Description of Work
Paneling, plaster and drywall repair and painting

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

09/04/2021

Carlson C.

Everything went very well. David’s crew are extremely hardworking, punctual, courteous and they kept their work areas clean. I will definitely use his service again in the future. I highly recommend his service.

Description of Work
Painting of trim and shutters

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

07/14/2021

John B.

David Gomez and his crew were outstanding from the start. From the easy estimate process, to the completion of the job exactly when promised, it was one of the most professional, and customer friendly, companies I've ever worked with. Eric and the rest of the crew were prompt and courteous, and went out of their way to give us a quality job. Their attention to detail, including the prep for the actual painting, was all I could have hoped for, and they made sure to clean up before they left each day. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting of bedroom, bath, and hallway/stairs

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

06/29/2021

Wayne P.

David Gomez and his crew did an excellent job. The work was high quality and completed in a very timely manner. They did a great job of covering/protecting our belongings and clean-up after the job.

Description of Work
Drywall patching and painting

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

06/08/2021

Julia B.

David and his team were awesome! David is a great communicator! He was able to get us an estimate quickly and scheduling was a breeze. David's crew was highly reliable, and really detail-oriented. David inspected the work twice over the week to ensure it was up to the highest standards. His crew showed up when they said they would and cleaned up after themselves every day. We look forward to working with them again soon!

Description of Work
Exterior Trim and Siding

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

Review for David Gomez Painting - 1029 5th St SW, Charlottesville, VA - 39361147

05/22/2021

Denise W.

David's crew was fantastic! Prompt, hardworking, neat, respectful, and they did excellent work. David such a nice guy! We are going to hire them for another job very soon. I give them my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
We had the exterior of our home painted and some repair work done on the siding, shutters, and a couple of door frames.

Work Completed On 04/25/2021

01/12/2021

Brad A.

David Gomez and his crew are very professional. They work efficiently and do a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Drywall repair; walls, ceilings, cabinets, and trim painted; deck power-washed and painted.

Category drywall, pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

12/22/2020

Hans F.

David and his crew did a great job. Always on time and got the job done as promised. The price was very fair and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category drywall, house painters

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

12/21/2020

michael H.

Excellent customer service, attention to details and personal requests. Professional in the way work was approached, contract developed and clean-up/walk-around. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
exterior power washing, painting; metal gutter treatment and painting; woodwork/repair/replacement.

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

09/01/2020

Roland W.

Responsive, flexible, excellent attention to detail. Identified rotted sections and provided a carpenter to replace them. Competitive prices.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and caulking.

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

08/04/2020

Donna W.

Fantastic The crew was respectful and quiet when painting they did an outstanding job I experienced no problem, we are having them coming in coming in Sept to paint the rest They cleaned up at the end of day ant placed our furniture exactly were it belonged Dave came in beginning reviewed project with us making sure it finished he came back to review OUTSTANDANDING

Description of Work
two bathrooms 2bedrooms including ceilings

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

08/01/2020

Carl S.

David and his crew were excellent! They were on time and worked very hard to get the job completed on my tight schedule. I wasn't able to post the pictures of his work so I will try his Facebook page.

Description of Work
Painting of two buildings on my property

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Review for David Gomez Painting - 1029 5th St SW, Charlottesville, VA - 38765455

07/10/2020

Jane A.

David was easy to work with. He provided me copies of his license and insurance with a contract. I have never seen anyone work as hard and meticulously as he and his crew did. I highly recommend him. When covid is gone, I will have him do my interior too!

Description of Work
exterior trim painted

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

07/06/2020

Susan W.

We were very happy with David's work and the crew. They did an excellent job, and David kept us informed of all progress along the way.

Description of Work
Exterior power washing, painting and carpentry

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

05/21/2020

Lyn W.

David Gomez and his team were AWESOME!! My kitchen cabinets look like new! His workers were very professional, courteous and cleaned the area before leaving each day. I could not have selected a better company to have completed this job!! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to have cabinets painted. I plan to call on David again for some other projects I need to have completed.

Description of Work
Painting kitchen cabinets and interior painting of walls and trim

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

05/04/2020

Patricia B.

Great! Did a fantastic job. The workers were professional and efficient. Dave is a good person to work with.

Description of Work
painting interior walls and screened in porch and trim on house, installed railing to match others on porch, repair and stain deck, install door to laundry room, and lattice door under deck, pressure washed house and steps and rail on side of house to yard, repair rail on front and side steps, fix rotted wood on doorsills

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

04/21/2020

Brad A.

Very well, they were timely and professional. Finished job looks good.

Description of Work
New construction wall and trim painting

Work Completed On 04/07/2019

11/23/2019

jennifer B.

This service was great! Very professionally painted and done efficiently!

Description of Work
Bedroom painting

Work Completed On 11/23/2019