Perfect Pools

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2011

4.3

4200 Lafayette Center Dr

Chantilly, VA 20151

Perfect Pools is a Design, Build, Renovation, and Service Company. As one of the area's leading residential pool companies, Perfect Pools serves more than 200 residential swimming pool owners. Our build team will design and implement your full backyard project including all hardscapes, landscaping,

07/31/2022

Alison E.

We had a terrible experience with Perfect Pools. After a 2 year process of building the pool, we felt that it was losing water. We let them know and we’re answered with “it’s evaporation”. It wasn’t, there a pipe blown under the pool. Of course they claim not their fault but several other contractors and engineers believe it’s been there for a very long time. The finger pointing is just ridiculous. Our original texts to them about water loss seem to indicate the same. They did not coordinate effectively with our hardscaoer and 4 years in this very expensive disaster we sit with a cracked infinity wall that they removed tile from that they agreed to fix almost a year ago. They ripped up patio tiles and railing that now is a danger to our kids and guests, the infinity edge has never been level, the spillovers just pour water on the patio and the pump blew after 2 years and had to be replaced. The deck jets have all blown twice (there’s a filter for deck jets that apparently we don’t have) and what we really want at this point is a safe, working pool. Cannot get them back to finish the work. No returned texts and their voicemail is full. Must be too much to ask after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. Wound give them a negative rating if we could.

Description of Work
Pool install with infinity edge and spa

Category swimming pools

Where to begin? I’m not going to go into a bunch of details on here, but we would be more than happy to discuss this project in person with anyone who is doubting us because of this review. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Sincerely…The Perfect Pools Team

02/20/2022

Richard K.

Hired Perfect Pools to install a pool in 2019...after a brutally painful process of getting the pool done, all centered around HORRIBLE communication or simply NO communication, I was happy to be done with Perfect Pools. Unfortunately in 2021 my LED lights stopped working. No worry as I had a 3 year warranty with Perfect Pools...after at first being told by Adam, owner, that they would come look at it, I was then told by Gary, not sure his role, that they would not and to call a 3rd party. I contacted them only to be told that they couldn't come out. Eventually I found the authorized Jandy warranty provider that ordered the new lights and came to install. When they ran into a problem I emailed Perfect Pool 3 times to get assistance...NO RESPONSE! Finally i was able to get the company that maintains my pool to get the lights installed but of course it was on my dime! Perfect Pools STINKS!!!!!! Stay away....they will be very responsive up to the point they dig the hole....then....good luck getting a response!

Description of Work
Pool installation then warranty work

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

[Member Name Removed] K of Oakton was completely happy with his swimming pool after and during the process in 2019 when it was built. Why go and put a negative review in 2021 two years later? It's sad that people try to destroy someone's business for such pettiness. We have tons of emails we would gladly share with anyone interested showing that we communicated throughout the entire process of building Mr. [Member Name Removed] swimming pool. We will upload pictures of the pool build shortly. I understand the frustration with the lights. We do not manufacture the swimming pool lights. However, we were never trying to walk away from the issue. Our warranty installer provided Mr. [Member Name Removed] with brand new lights. They attempted to install but couldn't pull them properly through the conduit. Mr. [Member Name Removed] contacted us in the winter to pull swimming pool lights. It didn't make sense to pull lights in frigid water. So here we are with a negative review. Shameful.

05/11/2017

N C.

They have been servicing my pool for over 6 years. During that time they have been able to perform all repairs needed and have kept the pool clean and running. They responded immediately when I had an emergency due to a broken pipe. Adam and Gary who own the business are knowledgeable and friendly.

Description of Work
They open, close and maintain my pool during the season.

08/08/2016

Elizabeth P.

The replastering took a long time to get done, but it was another company (I think this is standard for pool companies) so this was not Perfect Pools fault. They did try to charge extra saying the replastering company ended up finding more problems, but once we pushed back on that they backed off. The weekly maintenance was fine and always timely. The problem is they never answer their phone and do not reply to emails. So if you just need weekly maintenance and never need to communicate with them, they do a fine job. We just found out the pool has been leaking for 2 summers because they didn't epoxy around the skimmer when they put it in so we called them just to see if they are easier to communicate with this year and if they would pay for the fix, we were very amused to hear a recording that their phone doesn't work but if you leave a message they will get back to you!

Description of Work
Arranged for our pool to be replastered, fixed plumbing, did weekly maintenance, and winterized pool.

Category pool cleaners

I'm a little disappointed that you would write a bad review. We recently moved locations to be more centralized so that we could better take care of our clients. Unfortunately with the move came complications. Comcast has to install all new lines to get internet and phone service to our location. This should be done within the next 15 days. On the voicemail box setup by Comcast it talks about this situation and asks that you leave a message as we listen to the voicemail box several times a day. Is this ideal? Absolutely not and we wish that the circumstance was different. The voicemail box gives you 3 different emails to reach out to as well for communication. You also have our Service Managers, Donnie, cell phone number to call. We received no voicemail, no emails, nor a call to Donnie about this matter. So I feel like it's a bit unfair to leave a negative review when in reality you didn't even give us a chance to remedy any issues you may have had. Grout joints at the skimmers come loose every year from contraction and expansion. This is the number one spot for leaks in all pools. We actually recommend to re-grout the skimmers throats every year because of this as the cost is so minimum to do so.

06/15/2016

Angeli S.

Description of Work
Weekly pool maintenance and minor repairs.

06/03/2016

Carlyn R.

Perfect Pools will NOT return numerous calls and emails! They cleaned our pool once last summer and gave suggestions on work that needed to be done. They wouldn't get back to me with an estimate and just kept saying they would call back I tried again this year and STILL NO RESPONSE. I see they have received some positive reviews, but I'm not sure how these reviewers actually got them to come out and service their pools.

Description of Work
Perfect Pools WILL NOT return my calls or emails.

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

THIS RATING IS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO PROVIDE A BID AND HAS NOTHING TO DO FOR ANY ACTUAL WORK THAT WE PERFORMED. The work that we did do for the customer the year before was done in a timely and professional manner. I wish they would write something about that. However, with that being said, we are sorry that this happened. This client did try and reach out to us during the time of the record breaking rain we had in the spring of 2016, unfortunately everyone was forced to be out in the field to try and catch up on the commitments that we had already promised and contracted with other clients. We fully take responsibility that the communication got dropped and that this client should have been notified that we just weren't able to take on anymore work. We hope that in the long run everything worked out and that they found someone who was able to come out and give them a bid.

06/02/2016

03/14/2016

Jeff N.

Whether looking for a doctor, a Realtor or a new hair stylist, so many of us rely on referrals or recommendations from friends, family and people we know when deciding who to move forward with. A few years ago, my husband and I, purchased our dream home. The only thing missing from that dream was a pool in the back yard. We had a definite vision of what we wanted to create and wanted to work with a company that could not only help create the oasis we dreamed of but that also would help design the entire vision of the backyard.With almost any service you may be in search of, there are a ton of options out there! Perfect Pools came HIGHLY recommended from a family member. From out very 1st meeting, we knew that working with Gary and Adam was going to be a great decision. So much so that we cancelled our other two pool appointments with competing companies. Gary and Adam, and all the contractors were great to work with in building our pool. Our construction job was a bit more complex than most standard pool designs and Perfect Pools never complained. We added a natural rock (huge boulders) waterfall, a beach entrance and an extensive patio and sun deck. Being a Realtor and having the opportunity to see may different types of hardscape around the NoVA area, I wanted something special. Gary took the time to research area quarries and met us at a Maryland location to help pick out the Tennessee flagstone i so desperately had to have.There is no doubt that in any build there are bumps in the road, but no matter what obstacle we may have encountered, Perfect Pools were the utmost professionals and resolved our concerns, changes or our crazy expectation immediately and with ease. To this day, I still am in awe of the beautiful work that Perfect Pools did on our backyard. We constantly get compliments when people see our backyard (in person or in pictures) and even had a offer from someone to purchase our home for way above market value. We kindly declined. According to my husband, we are never leaving!! Thanks again to Perfect Pool and Gary and Adam.If you are interested in building a pool, it is essential you give them a call, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Plan, design and build our pool

05/25/2015

Bryan D.

The Service for the last year has been terrible. I used them in the past about 18 months ago and the service was decent so I signed a contract for a discount for the to do the opening and closing over a two year perios. The last opening and closing have been a nightmare. Communication is terrible and it is hard to get a return call or a return e-mail. My house is rented and my renter was also having extreme difficulty getting a hold of them and scheduling the closing last fall then again openeing this spring. Further when they did come out the opening this spring went terribly. There were several issues with the opening. The closing last fall should have included a 1 hour cleaning which wasn't done and the pool was closed dirty. Then in the spring not only did they not clean the pool but there were several other issues with the opening. One issue if my renter didn't catch would have resulted sever damage to the pump system in the pool as the valves weren't set right and the spa almost drained completely which would have resulted in air getting in the pump system. On top of that they didn't remove all the plugs didn't install the pressure valve and they broke the cap to the sand Filter. After pointing this out we didn't get a response for over a week. We then finally got a hold of someone at the office and they at least did send someone out to remedy the issues. They did clean the pool finally saying they spent three hours cleaning the pool although it still wasn't vary clean but again they still didn't put on the pressure guage. Also when they put the repaired new lid on the sand Filter they didn't verify it sealed properly or use plumbers tape. Thus about 1.5 weeks after the opening the pump started having issues. We then had another company come out through our home warranty and after the 100 deductible they informed us the cap on the sand filter wasn't installed properly so the suction in the pump system wasn't working right. Their service is definitely far from perfect. There has been continous problems with the contact and quality of service from perfect pools. My current renter was moving out and since we don't know the new renters we are going to have a company service the pool. Does anyone know a better service company as it seems like Perfect Pools quality of service is going down the tubes.

Description of Work
Pool Opening/Closing and Tile Repair.

Category pool cleaners

As we are always extremely upset to see a bad review be posted about us, we sometimes can only do so much to prevent it. This customer was an opening and closing client that did not have regular service with us. We tried everything in our power to try and make them happy. Our opening and closing only includes up to an 1/2 hour of cleaning. We charge an additional premium charge for cleaning for a longer period. Knowing that the client was unhappy we actually sent our cleaning crew back there for an additional 1 1/2 hours to continue cleaning the pool at no additional charge. Our crew replaced broken items (not from our doing) for free to again try and make the client happy. We even went as far as letting the client know that we would provide additional free month of weekly service because of their dissatisfaction. We have provided an opening of the swimming pool, provided additional free parts, provided additional cleaning for the opening, and still have yet to be paid for any of these services. We have spent numerous hours at this residence, there is only so much we can continue to do for free. I hope that you take this review lightly upon the other good reviews we have been given on Angie's List. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you like to discuss this review in more detail - (703) 444-2982

02/10/2015

Debra P.

Great!

Description of Work
pool closing for winter

12/19/2014

Jewell M.

I've used them for two years. They were not as responsive as I would have liked and they don't stock chemicals in the their store. They did a good job, but I have a hard time contacting them for other jobs. I don't feel like that is professional.

Description of Work
They winterized and closed the pool

11/05/2014

LESLIE J.

They were very prompt and took care of cleaning each week without bothering my elderly mother-in-law. All chemicals were provided and we received an email update telling us the status of the pool, and the water chemical composition. Invoices could be paid online, made it convenient for me to manage this for my mother-in-law. I was treated very professionally and the company understood that we were trying to sell the house and didn't need a long term contract.

Description of Work
Provided weekly maintenance and cleaning of in ground pool

07/29/2014

Christine T.

Its only been five weeks since we started after we opened with another company. So far I'm happy with the service. We get an email shortly after the service is completed. There were some changes in the dates that they came to perform work, which was not communicated with me initially leaving me wondering when they were going to show up, but now that they've changed the day of the week it all seems to be going well. They blow the deck, vacuum the pool, brush skim pool, measure and adjust chemistry . I only have to occasionally empty the skimmer basket and run the Polaris.

Description of Work
The price is the approximate weekly cost from opening to closing which they adjusted down since they didn't open. I have a annual contract for weekly service which includes chemicals, cleaning, winter closing and spring opening and winter maintenance.

05/31/2014

DAVID S.

Description of Work
Provide weekly pool cleaning. Install pool heater

05/30/2014

Mark J.

we have been happy.

Description of Work
season service and repairs. They did great during a busy time. Only should improve on communication via email or calls.

05/15/2014

David T.

The entire crew has taken great care of me and my pool. They have made cost saving recommendations. Extremely competitive pricing for monthly service, pool opening, closing, and repairs. Thank you Matt, Adam and Greg. Everyone of your people does a great job. Thank you for great service.

Description of Work
Pool service

04/29/2014

David T.

Very thorough job of opening pool which is new to me. They have been servicing my pool for the last month and communicate with me every week immediately following the service. Very easy to work with..

Description of Work
Pool Opening and Weekly Service

04/01/2014

Jean K.

I called Perfect Pools, based on Angie's List reviews, because it seemed that everything had gone wrong with our pool! The company asked trouble-shooting questions over the phone, so they were prepared with all necessary equipment when they arrived on site. The company was responsive when I had a follow-up issue, which turned out to be electrical, and came back and made a correction at no charge. My son learned a lot about pool maintenance just by watching the expert. I am planning to call the company again this summer to do additional maintenance.

Description of Work
installed new pumps and got pool operational

02/26/2014

Michael D.

12/24/2013

Michael R.

The pool is not completed yet, so this is based on the work done so far. We had a bad experience with a previous contractor as was wary of going through the experience again. This team convinced us that we chose the right direction and I wished we had chosen them to start. Professional, courteous and smart. Just what you need for a challenging project. Constant updates and notes to keep us informed of progress and any issues before anything get out of hand. No surprises and great work. We are looking forward to the final delivery in the spring and will update accordingly. Update - Pool was completed in spring of 2014. We live in a very challenging community which required additional planning and modification of our pool design. (When our house was built they literally had to blow up the ground for the basement). The company remained very flexible in the design work and put together an excellent redesign to accommodate all the rock under the lawn. Wound up with a unique "oasis" that our neighbors have continued to comment about. Customer response has been excellent and the pool service team was outstanding throughout the entire season. I've included some pictures of the work. Would highly recommend the company and certainly would work with them in the future.

Description of Work
Installation and service of home pool

12/23/2013

Mary Jo M.

Perfect Pools was able to schedule a visit right away as I was having issues with my pool, previous provider could not figure it out and we were getting close to cold weather. Despite having no history with Perfect Pools and being a brand new client, they were prompt, courteous, fixed the problem and their technology for email notices and follow up was great.

Description of Work
I used Perfect Pools.

12/21/2013

Madeleine G.

Fixed pool heater

Description of Work
I used Perfect Pool Service LLC

12/13/2013

Jeff N.

The timing worked out great because we started the process in the fall and that gave them time to work with the city to obtain all the necessary permits and they started the work in about February. By the end of August, most of the hardscapes and the pool were done. We were impressed with the personalization of the process and walking us through the sale of the pool. And we’re ecstatic with the outcome.

Description of Work
We purchased and designed the pool with this provider and it was extraordinary. They presented the design in 3D form and they walked us through the contract.

Category swimming pools

04/18/2012

Geoff B.

I would use them in the future if needed. They provided excellent service.

Description of Work
They plastered my pool.

10/17/2011

Jim F.

Very well. They did excellent work at a very competitive price. They were very thorough and conscientious and did not rush through the job. One minor complaint is that both times the actual services occured the day after they were scheduled to happen. But this seems to be normal for pool service companies AND their price and service more than makes up for it! Overall I would highly recommend them and plan on using them myself from now on.

Description of Work
This company performed the opening & closing of my pool and spa.

The Chimney Doctor Nova Inc

COMPARE AND SAVE Family-owned and operated. Making homes safer for over 30 years. Servicing all or your Chimney and Masonry needs. Fast, friendly and reliable service completed in a professional manner. The Chimney Doctor NOVA, Inc. services all of Northern Virginia, Prince William & North Stafford County. We provide our customers with professional chimney cleaning and repair services at a reasonable cost without compromising on the quality you expect. Your safety comes first at our company and we stress the importance of having a healthy heating and venting system. Since we believe that your home's safety is of utmost importance, we offer FREE estimates on all repairs. We also offer FREE second opinions on estimates given for repair work by another company. The Chimney Doctor NOVA, Inc. is fully licensed, bonded, and insured.

Nupen Lighting LLC

It has been our experience, working with customers new to exterior low-voltage lighting, starting out slowly, meaning work in stages. Our goal is not to drain your budget, start with what's most important. Go green use LED or minimize the budget, by using halogen bulbs, your choice. We listen and work closely with customers to accomplish their design goals, making suggestions and offering alternative options, based on budget as well as our professional experience. We won't let you fail, when the job is complete it will be one, we are proud to sign our name to. We partner with other professional trades people to do the hard scape's ( patios, stone walls, stone sitting walls, retaining walls, outdoor fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, stairs, ponds, decks, pools, piers), flower and garden design, irrigation and electrical service.

Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps

Sixpenny Chimney & Air Duct Cleaning specializes in chimney cleaning and repair, air duct/dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, house cleaning, masonry work, and pressure washing. With over 31 years of experience, you can be sure you are receiving a quality service for a fair price. Call our office today to schedule an appointment at 703-491-8697!Additional contact name - Ryan Corp

Virginia
    12/31/2023
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Check, Financing Available

Perfect Pools specializes in 3-D Designs, Custom Builds (to include all hardscapes, landscaping, pool houses, fire pits, fire bowls, waterfalls & more), Full Renovations, Weekly Service Packages, Plumbing, Heaters, Caulking, Pump Repairs, Automated Systems, Salt Water Systems, and more.

We do not work with above ground swimming pools.