Nic-Lor Floors

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2010

4431 Brookfield Corp Dr B

Chantilly, VA 20151

We are a family owned and operated floor covering business located in Chantilly, Va. Service to our customers is the number one priority at Nic-Lor Floors....

11/09/2021

Jacquelin N.

Fantastic! All around great people and great work.

Description of Work
Remove carpet and install Hardwood

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

03/24/2018

Jayna K.

This company did an excellent job and was responsive and helpful from start to finish. I had spent months going around to almost a dozen flooring stores in the area (Chantilly and Sterling), and I had a "used-car salesman" experience at most of them -- I needed to replace a botched carpet installation from another company, so I was being very careful. When I first talked to the salespeople at Nic-Lor, they explained all the options, answered a bunch of questions, and were very patient with my dithering over color choices and carpet types. The owner came himself to do the measurements, which were very complicated because of the shape of the house, and he had great advice and tips. The installation went perfectly, the carpet looks fantastic (MUCH better than the old one), and the price was what I had expected and completely in line with other estimates. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Carpet replacement

Category carpet installation

04/04/2017

Lindsay M.

Nic-Lor was outstanding to work with. The owner came out and did a thorough walk through of our condo and provided a detailed estimate. I asked for several estimates, based on different materials and area covered, which they provided very quickly. The owner worked with me to schedule a time to look at material and was very patient in explaining the options and the pros and cons of each. When it came to the work, they were very flexible in scheduling. The crew that performed the installation was on time and very professional. They took the time to answer my questions in detail before proceeding with the work. As with many older buildings, our condo has some quirky areas requiring creative approaches to ensure that the final result is functional and attractive. Nic-Lor discussed options with me and I couldn't be happier with the final results. The floor looks incredible and was well worth the investment. The people at Nic-Lor followed up on their work, and even came back to replace one plank that was a little discolored. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing new flooring or carpeting.

Description of Work
We had hardwood floors installed throughout our condominium.

10/27/2016

John B.

Estimate and first day of work went well. Everyone showed up on time and commenced work. We had to stay at a hotel for 4 days while work and spreading urethane was performed. I asked the job foreman, Loe, to call me when they finished for the day and call me each day 30 minutes prior to the commencement of work. 1st day everything worked well. Leo informed me that they would arrive late on Tuesday to put down urethane. He called in advance and I met him. However, he did not call when they finished leaving my house open and I had to check and make sure it was closed up. Wednesday he called before and after as requested. Thursday Leo called before however did not call for me to close up the house. I was in the area at a store and came back 25 minutes later and discovered they were gone, and again no call. Also, I wondered how they could put urethane down in such a short time. When finished I noticed that finish was dull in the pantry and some puddling of urethane and stain splashed on several doorways trim and my carpet. I called Brady my contact and explained the problem. He and Leo's crew were busy so we had to schedule a date more than a week later for them to fix stain splashing. Leo and crew showed and painted over the stains and Brady cleaned the carpet. I also scheduled more than 2 weeks in advance to refinish the pantry floor. Leo was to show Friday. Thursday evening he sends a text message that he will not be there on Friday but will show Monday at 10 am. Monday Leo shows up at my door telling me they don't have the urethane. Inexcusable, 2 weeks notice and they don't have urethane. I called the owner of the store and explained my disappointment. In talking to him I'm asked what do you want me to do if my supplier does not have the urethane. I ask with 2 weeks notice why not. I felt as if I was being blamed for wanting a company that makes a commitment and 2 weeks advance notice cannot perform as promised. He called back and they would be there the next day, Tuesday. They showed on time however after the urethane dried there were swirl marks the entire length of pantry from the buffer. I left 2 emails that day for Brady with no response until later that evening. I had to call him the next day to find out what they were going to do. He said he could not schedule a repair until he spoke with Leo and send an email with a date. He did not do this and again I had to call. When I called the next day I was told he was in the warehouse and call me back. This was around 10 am. It is now 3:25 pm still no call. I just checked my email and a message from Brady at 3:12 pm stating they would be here November 15th. I don't know what the final outcome will be. In summary, very timely when giving estimates, sloppy work, does not return phone calls, workers do not call when they finish for me to lock up. Extremely disappointed and would never recommend or use again. Work started 9/12 and now I have to wait until 11/15, 2 months later, to HOPEFULLY get resolution. It appears as if getting the work is more important than finishing the job.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and contractor feathered in hardwood flooring to tie in kitchen with rest of the hardwood In the home. Nic-Lor was hired to sand and refinish the existing and new floor.

03/26/2015

Kelli W.

Nic-Lor is a good floor company. It was good. The pricing and customer service was good. They were responsive.

Description of Work
I used Nic-Lor Floors. They did carpet stretching for me.

Category carpet installation

09/01/2013

Sarah W.

Look elsewhere for carpet, hardwoods or tile. Used this company for carpet and had a really bad customer service experience and found out they charge way more than other carpet stores in the area. I shopped around after the fact, my fault. The sales people and the owners are not helpful at all and don't stand by their products or service. They say all kinds of great stuff to get you to buy their product and then after that the rest is downhill. If you have any issues with the product after installation, you are pretty much going to be facing an uphill battle after that to get them to help you. Salesperson Brady doesn't know much about his products and will up sell you on stuff and happens to be married to the owners daughter. Conflict of interest much? You do the math. Shop elsewhere. In the end we ended up using K&K Flooring to do the rest of our projects. Much more professional and better priced. Check their reviews. Don't waste your time here.

Description of Work
Look elsewhere! Go to K&K Flooring instead!

Category flooring contractor

We have not done any work for this person named [member name removed] and will proceed with finding out who she is and taking legal action on slander on our company.

07/25/2013

Maria S.

I hired Nic Lor rather than general contractors, to remove old wood flooring from my kitchen and install a new one. Nic Lor did not remove a small section of the old floor because it was under a small piece of baseboard. This piece of old flooring prevented the new boards from going under the baseboard. So they cut the new boards short, creating a large gap between the floors and the wall. Nic-Lor asked for an additional $300 to remedy this issue, then lowered their request to $150. They said it was my fault for not telling them not to cut the boards too short. I was lucky I had general contractors working in my kitchen. It took them approximately 10 seconds to remove the old baseboard, no effort for removing the small piece of old wood floors, and $50 to address the gap problem. So, if you are an expert that can tell your contractors what to do, when, and where, they did an acceptable job installing most boards. If you are like me, not an expert but looking for expertise to guide you through potential pitfalls, keep looking. In m experience these guys could not be bothered with asking any questions, rather assumed what was easier and quicker for them.

Description of Work
Removed old wood floors and installed new wood floors in a small kitchen

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Here are the facts regarding the hardwood removal and installation as stated on the signed proposal. Note: Removal of baseboards was not on the proposal. Three walls in the kitchen did not have cabinets or baseboards; however, one wall did have a baseboard. We cut to the baseboard left on 1 wall as standard installation procedure (the contractor was to install cabinets upon our completion). When the cabinets were installed by the contractor (after our installation) the door hit the baseboard. The customer then chose to have no baseboards at all. This is an important decision that should have been made prior to the hardwood installation. The 1/4" hardwood gap that was left (on the one wall with baseboard) is standard installation procedure to allow for expansion to prevent buckling during climate changes and installation of base shoe (in front of baseboards) covers this gap. Base shoe was left on site for the contractor to install after cabinets were installed. A $300.00 labor/trip charge back into DC was a minimum for our installers... and in this case to (to do additional work that wasn't stated on the original proposal). However, after discussion with the customer and the installer we decided to only charge $150.00. The customer refused to pay this amount and had her contractor (on site) take care of the new request. The new request was to remove the baseboard (that the cabinet door was hitting), remove 1/4" piece of wood behind the baseboard, and install seven 1/4" pieces of wood to fill the gap that remained due to the customers change of plans. According to the review the contractor only removed the baseboard for $50.

03/27/2013

Samuel G.

I was looking for dark wood that was scratch resistant. In the sample when I dropped my keys on it, it seemed fine but the hardwood that was installed dented very easily. I feel like the sales person was not very knowledgeable. It made me a little dissatisfied with the product. The installation was very poor. In several places there were hollow places and places where they damaged to wood itself. It was suppose to take 2-3 days but it was a two week process. The lead guy was very competent but his workers were not. Unfortunately the lead guy had to go to other sites, it was like it wasn't scheduled well. The workers weren't very competent. The main guy was really good, it was just his workers were bad. They just didn't seem to care about the quality. In some places it still isn't 100% but I have just had to settle. I was not happy with the product.

Description of Work
Nic-Lor Floors removed the tile in the kitchen and removed carpet in all the other areas. Replaced it engineered hardwood floors.

04/12/2012

arthur D.

Though Nic-Lor was chosen for me by the seller, I could not have been more satisfied with the work that they did. The kitchen floor looks great, but is eclipsed by the work they did on the hardwood - it's spectacular. The floors were in rough shape when I first saw the house, and I can hardly believe they're the same floors. I was so pleased with the work and the overall experience that I'm going to have Nic-Lor install oak floors in my basement in May. I've solicited bids from a couple other vendors, and their prices are very competitive. I will update this post with any additional information once the work on the basement is complete.

Description of Work
I recently purchased a home, and as a condition of the sale Nic-Lor replaced the laminate floor in the kitchen, and refinished the hardwood on the entire second floor. The work on the hardwood had already been performed when I took possession of the house, but the kitchen floor had not. Once I selected a material, they were very accommodating with regards to scheduling, and the installers were prompt, polite, and extremely efficient. Brady, the salesman that I had dealt with stopped by to check on the work and ensure that I was satisfied, which I certainly appreciated.

09/15/2010

Sean F.

They were very professional and timely.

Description of Work
I used Nic-Lor Floors, Inc for a quote to do the flooring in the kitchen and dining room.

Virginia Top Floors

Virginia Top Floors provides DUSTLESS HARDWOOD FLOOR REFINISHING, MAINTENANCE (HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANING AND BUFFING), REPAIRS AND INSTALLATION. We work with homeowners who are renovating, getting their houses ready for sale or moving into a new property helping them to restore their hardwood floors. Virginia Top Floors is recommended by the top Northern Virginia realtors to help their clients get their properties ready for showing. Our flooring team has over 50 years of combined customer service experience and 30 years of design experience. We have a strong work ethic, and a trained eye for detail, color, and space treatment. We return your investment in us, our products and our services, in terms of quality as well as quantity. Our professional and personal involvement in your flooring project optimizes the value you receive.

AFFORDABLE CARPET & FLOORING

Locally owner and operated, Affordable Carpet and Flooring is a top rated flooring company in the Northern Virginia area, and has been in business since 1999. David Reading, owner of Affordable Carpet and Flooring is an experienced floor covering licensed contractor, who has worked exclusively in the flooring industry for over 25 years. Our services include the sales and installation of carpeting, hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, and vinyl flooring. We work with you every step of the way, giving you the great service that you deserve at every turn.

Offers by AFFORDABLE CARPET & FLOORING on Angi
    Ayoub Carpet Service

We make your carpet & rugs look like new again by offering the most thorough green-cleaning possible by our friendly and accommodating staff- saving you thousands of dollars in replacement and giving your home a breath of fresh air…removing harmful pollutants and contaminants.

Offers by Ayoub Carpet Service on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Carpet, Hardwood, Vinyl, Duraceramic, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood refinishing. We carry all major brands of floor covering, Mohawk, Shaw, Bruce, Mannington, Congoleum and many more. Visit our showroom. We provide free estimates.