Meadows Farms Landscaping

Founded 1960 • With Angi since April 2005

43054 John Mosby Hwy

Chantilly, VA 20152

Fee for 1-2 hour consultation is $49 for Angie's List members. Contract installation costs determined by the job. Family owned. We offer a limited Lifetime Warranty on installed trees and shrubs/ 5 year warranty on many hardscape items.

10/30/2020

Marc W.

Contacted the designer via email, using the email address on the business card I was handed at the store. I received no response (more than a month ago). I followed up by requesting a quote via Angie's List (more than two weeks ago). Again, I received no response. I called and left a message for the designer and was told he'd call back later that afternoon--that was a week ago and I've gotten no response.

Description of Work
Design services

Category concrete repair, landscaping

I'm sorry, I have checked our Angie's List account for the past three months and do not show a message or request for a quote from you. We are happy to have one of our landscape designers contact you if you will follow up with your address and contact information. Dave Reed VP Landscape Department, Meadows Farms

10/21/2020

Janice M.

I have been a well satisfied customer of Meadows Farms Nurseries/Landscaping for a number of years, and I continue to be so. Robert Monastra and his crew did a terrific job taking my overgrown side area and making it look terrific. They did a great job! As always, I highly recommend Meadows Farms Nurseries to anyone who needs landscaping help.

Description of Work
Removal of existing turf and a dead tree; Installation of 15 rolls of sod; and the weeding of a rock area.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Thank you for your kind comments.

08/10/2020

James D.

NEVER received a call back after I scheduled them to come and look at my yard.

Description of Work
Flower bed landscaping and front curb appeal.

06/11/2020

Susan H.

Unfortunate Outcome to a very expensive, over $40,000 Rehabilitation of a pool stone patio area and stone steps into the pool. Hazardous placement of stones created Trip risks, Crumbling and unsightly concrete work from day one, and uneven Placement of stone step into the pool Without Proper leveling that throws the person entering off balance. Installation of an Unsightly and non functioning half of a French drain that was then later removed. Numerous phone calls went on answered,Numerous emails and photos were provided and meadows farms did a site visit and agreed to fix some of these items. This was never done. Over 2 years of constant Requesting including Letters to the owners. NEVER again! This company does not have the competence To provide this kind of work.

Description of Work
Rebuild stone patio around pool and replace pool liner

Category patios

Our manager has met with the customer to make changes to correct areas of the landscape that are not satisfactory. Changes were made shortly following this contact.

06/05/2020

Paul M.

Communication, service, workmanship and product were poor. They only placed a 1 inch layer of mulch. The rocks were fist size. The rocks were not neatly placed. I have large rocks littering my yard. My lawnmower is at risk of being broken. We were told that some one would be out sometime to pick up the rocks. The cost was over $4,000.00. Out yard is medium to small size. We are NOT happy and will not recommend them!

Description of Work
Mulch in the front yard. Rocks in the backyard.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

Per the issues above, we have taken a look and agreed to change the size of the gravel and address other issues. The "fist sized gravel" was the correct size per our contract, but the customer did not like it, so we're removing it and adding a smaller size. Since this contact, the gravel that was per contract, but not satisfactory, was removed and replaced with smaller gravel.

04/17/2020

Michael S.

Terrible, absolutely terrible. Unprofessional and sloppy work and craftsmanship. Delays, work not done or completed, work not done properly. Charged for items not done or completed. Charged for labor that was not performed. Beware of the company!!!!

Description of Work
Walkway and Lanscaping

Category concrete repair, landscaping

We apologize for the misunderstanding. Our records indicate that the incorrect charges have been removed per your instructions.

08/09/2019

Elizabeth M.

A Meadows Farms landscape designer drew plans for several areas of our yard, including the installation of many trees and shrubs and the installation of a low stone retaining wall. It has now been a number of years, and, as the trees and shrubs grow, we keep seeing that many were placed in inappropriate places (too close to the corner so they block street signs, too close together in other areas so some trees are now barely visible to us). It all looked quite nice when the trees and shrubs were installed, but we can only conclude that Meadows Farms wanted to sell as many trees and shrubs as possible. As for the low retaining wall, a mason recently told us that the stones are shifting so much because the wall was not aligned properly; also, there was no barrier behind it to prevent the soil from pushing in. We would definitely not choose them again or recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Landscaping, including hardscaping

Category landscaping, masonry, tree service, hardscaping

We're sorry that you are not satisfied with your landscape project. Landscape designers constantly walk the line between having a few too many plants, and having the just completed landscape look too bare, with the customer dissatisfied from the start. We realize that after five years some parts of the landscape will require pruning, and eventually a few plants might grow large enough that a few must b removed. Our landscape design would be pleased to meet to review the landscape to recommend changes.

04/29/2019

Jacqueline D.

Very easy to schedule and beautiful job. Lille is amazing, professional

Description of Work
Lanscaping

02/12/2019

Brian L.

This was scheduled for 11-9-18. Designer came out, spent about 20 minutes walking around our home. He said he would email me his plans. Never heard back from him. Finally got a text this week saying he owes me a drawing, can he send it to me? Of course I said yes. Received it the next day. So disappointed! Such an unprofessional presentation, sketch looks like something an amateur would do. No key to understand what was proposed. I communicated this to him this morning. He said he understood and wanted to know if I wanted him to call to explain. It shouldn't require a call (which I don't have time for!). This does not reflect well on Meadows!

Description of Work
Landscaping evaluation (up to 2 hours)

Category landscaping

We sincerely apologize for the poor service you have received. Meadows Farms will refund the design fee that you paid to our designer, and offer the assistance of another of our designers with no charge for the consultation. If you would like to meet with another of our designers please respond, or contact our Landscape office directly.

01/03/2019

Theresa H.

They were excellent and showed up on time. They gave great advice on how to care for the plants. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did landscape design work and put in additional trees for me. They put in additional plants, mulch bed and more.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

12/06/2018

Emre O.

Meadows was supposed to show up in the morning. They called the the same morning of the appointment to say that they won’t be there due to a “staffing meeting”. This type of unprofessionalism is not acceptable especially when you are hiring someone under a $10,000 annual contract to take care of your property.

Description of Work
Meadows was going to give me a cost for annual contract to maintain my property and also an estimate for a substantial landscaping/hardscape has project. We made an appointment for them to come out in advance for the estimates.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Our account manager did contact this customer to inform him that he was unable to meet at the requested time due to a scheduling conflict. For this we apologize, and though we value our customers' time, there are occasionally conflicting demands that force rearranging our schedule. Meadows Farms has received no compensation from this customer, and we expect none. We offer our apology for the cancelled appointment.

08/23/2018

Nicholas C.

Those guys do a really good job on my annual lawn maintenance, trees and shrubs. They do good work and leave the receipt in the door. I would really highly recommend them and continue to use them.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance, Tree and Shrub Trimming

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

08/04/2018

Jennifer B.

This is not a bad deal... if you get the right landscape design professional which I did not. Not once did my guy ask me what I was looking to do for my front yard. He was more interested in a drain pipe in my backyard which he firmly believes was for a sump pump but after owning my property for over 18 years I can tell you I do not have a sump pump. Then he moved on to talk about where his daughter lives in Loudoun Co. I don't care. Since he didn't ask me about my ideas I told him I was looking for grouping of plants and he said "no perennials. I'm going to do shrubs." I don't like shrubs. One month went by and I didn't hear from him. I emailed him to get an ETA on my design (intentionally emailed to have a track record), He called, left me a vmail and when we finally connected he called me elusive b/c I had not gotten back to him within 24hrs. I hadn't heard from him in a month and he calls me out for not getting back to him in 24 hrs. I eventually got my design... It was a handwritten drawing of my property which looked like a 2nd grader drew. I was expecting a CAD or the very least Visio or PowerPoint with an outfitter such as Meadows Farms,. Final quote: $4K for 2 plots that total to less than 400 sq ft - townhouse front yard (he also provided an alternative design for $8K). I was very clear at the beginning: looking to upgrade my FRONT yard to have some curb appeal and not looking to spend a lot of money. If I'm spending $29 for a design that's a pretty good indicator I'm not looking to spend a whole lot but at least get some good ideas. Overall, this has the potential to be a good deal. If you get Barry Perlow as your designer... call Meadows Farms and request someone else. Meadows Farms lost a sale because Barry Perlow was my designer.

Description of Work
$29 landscaping design just for the FRONT yard

Category landscaping

Thank you for your critique of our landscape designer. You feedback is valuable to help us evaluate our services. While the hand drawn design is a standard with most landscape companies, the problem that I see is that our designer did not pay adequate attention to your needs or requests. This is your home and property, so your input is critical. Since our designer did not heed your input we have no option but to refund the design fee.

07/28/2018

Veronica P.

Should have used better or thicker or 2 layers of the weed preventive material laid before planting. Far too many weeds are growing and I have to pull weeds in an area that I wanted no more maintenance.

Description of Work
Landscaping with bushes planted on a hill.

07/14/2018

l F.

Our landscaper designer was great but we could never get the workers out here. We left a 50% deposit in May. The work was suppose to be done in June. They changed the appt numerous times. Then there was a call to cancel one morning it was forecasted rain(didn't rain until evening that day). Then the next attempt to come their truck broke down. A week later they attempted to come again. Suppose to be here at 9. I tried to call different numbers I had to no avail. Final called the landscaper designer and shortly after that the manager called and told me the truck broke down again. By this time it was noon. I think they knew they weren't going to make it way before then. The manager said he would call next week to reschedule--well we just want our money back and we will go with someone else. Very disappointing for a major company in our area.

Description of Work
Stone walkway

Category pavers, gravel

This rainy spring and summer have caused a number of problems with our scheduling. We are able to work through light rain, but with heavier rains there is too great a risk that we cause damage to your property. We apologize that our communications have fallen short, but it appears that your landscape project was completed on July 14.

06/26/2018

Felix C.

Everything was completed on time and as planned/scheduled for the agreed price. The crew's arrival was slightly delayed by traffic, but they called to let us know and assure us they were on the way and would still be able to complete the project as planned. After arrival the project lead reviewed the plan with me and walked me through the sequence of work. The team worked steadily and completed the project the same day as promised. Great job on all counts. This was the 3d project they have done for us and we will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping to improve drainage and appearance of extremely wet area

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Thank you for your repeat business and for your comments.

05/08/2018

Joe S.

Fantastic job. patio and retaining wall looks amazing. They arrived on time and dug out for the patio and made it look so easy. Everything was hauled away and cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
Install brick paver patio, retaining wall, and install underground pop up drain for downspout from gutters

05/04/2018

Candace X.

Kristen went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the final work product. The company also added some plants and bark to complete the project after the crew finished In order to match the design. Love my yard now!

Description of Work
Landscape design plan from Kristen and then new plantings.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thank you for your comments and your patience in allowing Kristen to address a few issues.

04/27/2018

Kelly R.

So I contacted Meadow Farms to get an estimate on getting my flower beds overhauled. Someone came out while I was at work, performed the estimate, and left me a slip with the estimated price and what would be included for that price. I tried several times to contact them through their grounds maintenance department. One time while I was at work I did receive a voice mail from someone. I kept trying to call back to respond to the voicemail but was never successful. The last message I left was asking them to give me a call so we could schedule the work. I never received a call back. I noticed my neighbor had some work done on his yard so I asked for the company name and contact information. The company was Meadow Farms. I emailed the contact person directly in hopes of getting a better response. This person emailed me back telling that to go through the grounds maintenance department which is the department that I couldn't get a response from in the first place. Needless to say I still have two flower beds and a yard that need work.

Description of Work
Flowerbed work and grass

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

We're sorry about the lack of response. We show that an estimate was provided in 2017, but we show no further contact this year. We are attempting to contact you to follow up.

04/13/2018

Scott S.

I contacted Meadows Farms twice but received no response. I used the online form on their website to describe the estimate I needed. When I didn't hear from anyone, I called and was directed into someone's voice mail. I left a message and still have not been contacted. We will be giving our money to someone else.

Description of Work
I needed 9 large shrubs removed.

Category landscaping, lawn service

We apologize for our failure to respond. We pride ourselves on returning calls promptly, and staying on schedule, so this is especially concerning. While we would prefer to have earned your business, we hope that your project goes well.

01/18/2018

Wendy W.

Very well. a past tree stump ended up being in the way but the crew came up with another idea that looked equally good. All plants and trees took and bloomed and grew

Description of Work
The designer came out and gave me ideas and also then a quote once we agreed on design. The planters brought the plants on site and professionally installed the plants and trees

12/16/2017

Kate E.

They created the bed and planted just fine. but two or three of the plants they planted were bad from the beginning and after about a week looked like they'd been fried or hit by lighting. the others were all fine and thriving. I asked them to replant two of the bad ones and they sent someone out to look at them, while i was at work. THey left a note that everything looked fine, just keep watering. They were not fine, those plants were sickly and then of course, died. I was very irritated the person had pretended they looked fine when they didn't. I felt like i had not been heard. I had planned to have them do mulch as an additional thing but after that, I cancelled that. I would not have them again.

Description of Work
I had them till a new flower bed (fairly small) and plant flowers.

Category landscaping

Planting was completed in May. Upon request, we visited in August and found all plants to be alive. If plants have died since this time we have not been contacted. All plants are covered with our Lifetime Warranty, so we suggest contacting us in late April if perennials and shrubs have not begun to show growth.

11/14/2017

Charlotte A.

Excellent designer; worked with me to stay within budget; planting crew was on time, polite, worked diligently and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Re-landscape front lawn, side yard and hedge. Prepare the ground for planting, transplant some existing bushes, others were new. New grass, new trees, reshape garden beds.

Category landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.

10/03/2017

Robert D.

We used them before and they're on time with the delivery. They were professional in the service that they provided. They aren't cheap. I would probably use them again, I've used them several times.

Description of Work
I had them install 16 small trees and bushes.

09/12/2017

Michael M.

They're very nice. There was one worker that came out. They come out about 7 times a year.

Description of Work
They just put down fertilizer and everything.

Category lawn treatment