Mannix Heating & Cooling

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2010

Mannix Heating and Cooling is a full service HVAC contractor with a location in Chantilly VA and Gaithersburg MD to serve you. We offer an extensive array of services designed to keep your heating and cooling equipment operating at peak efficiency through many years of reliable operation. We also

2022 Super Service Award

HVAC Companies (728)water heaters (42)appliance repair (19)electrician (15)generator service (4)

09/21/2022

Carmon P.

Excellent service. Reasonable pricing. Friendly employees. No high pressure sales pitch. Did not try to up sell me more than what my houses needed.

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

08/24/2022

Jeff W.

My home was one of the few in the neighborhood that never had natural gas installed. We had an end-of-life heat pump that barely kept the house warm certain times of the winter and caused us to incur excruciatingly high energy bills when it had to rely on emergency heat backup. In 2019, I decided to explore the option of converting my major home systems and appliances to natural gas to save money and have a more comfortable year-around living environment. The conversion process was daunting and I didn’t know where to start. I contacted four different HVAC companies and contractors to ask questions and compare options. Of those I met, Mannix was the only one that impressed me. Jerry, the owner, came to my home to evaluate the job and explain each of the steps of the conversion process in easy-to-understand terminology. His company had done several projects like that before and he knew all the required paperwork, points of contact, etc. I could instantly tell if I went with his company, he would treat me more like a partner rather than just a customer…which is exactly what he did. A few weeks after the initial consult, I decided to move forward on the conversion and purchase a new HVAC system, on-demand water heater, and whole-house generator. Mannix’s price proposal was very reasonable and in-line, and sometimes cheaper, than other options I researched; without a doubt, it came with the best quality service. Jerry filed all the required forms with the gas company to install the main line, city/county permits, and rebates; thankfully, I didn’t have to personally deal with any of those headaches. Once the main line was run, Jerry’s crew installed gas lines in the house and new appliances and coordinated the final inspections. His crew was amazing -- they were are all super friendly and consulted with me during the installation to find out my placement preferences rather than just assume what I might like. Mannix made what would have been a nightmare process to do on my own, easy and pain-free. They are a fantastic, honest company and I highly recommend them to anyone that has HVAC needs. I still use them for routine maintenance and they continue treat me as a valued customer. Jerry is always super-fast to respond if I have any questions or issues. A+ customer service without a doubt!!!

Description of Work
Natural gas home conversion and new HVAC, on-demand water heater, and whole-house generator

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, generator service

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

05/16/2022

Hyo H.

I don't have any problem with it. The service was okay.

Description of Work
They installed my heating and air conditioning unit. They checked my unit.

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

03/23/2022

Susan G.

Very well, No problems found and good recommendations.

Description of Work
Winter service

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

06/11/2021

Michele R.

My 24-year-old heat pump finally decided to stop working. I sent a request for a replacement estimate late one night through the Mannix website and received a phone call early the very next morning to set up an appointment. Eric Holzworth stopped by my house the next day to go over my options. He was wonderful and so easy to work with and answered every question I had. He definitely listened to me and my concerns did not push me into purchasing a high-end system which I didn't need. The technicians arrived at 8am and were finished with the entire installation by 1pm. They were very courteous and left my house in pristine condition. I HIGHLY recommend Mannix! They always returned my calls and emails right away, and Eric made sure I received all of my equipment on time--even with Carrier factory delays/limited supplies due to COVID. So glad I chose Mannix. I love my brand new Carrier system and my cold house during these hot and humid days.

Description of Work
Total Heat Pump Replacement

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

Review for Mannix Heating & Cooling - 26955 Gum Spring Rd, Chantilly, VA - 39373769

12/24/2020

Ken G.

Called the afternoon of Dec 23. Brenda on the phone was super-friendly and scheduled a service call for the next day. Sure enough, the technician got here at 1:00pm on Christmas Eve. Got everything working again for $80.00. Could easily have told me it was a $500 repair and I'd have believed him. Go with Mannix, you'll be glad you did!

Description of Work
Service call on malfunctioning outdoor unit

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 12/24/2020

09/23/2020

scott B.

DON'T LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE! This is your company to use! Our 30 year system failed, we got multiple quotes and settled on Mannix, as Eric best understood our environment and what we needed to correct. He worked closely with us, matching our needs and budget with the technology. Boy are we glad for Eric. Matt & Marcellino are TOP NOTCH TECHS! We could hardly tell they were here, until the AC started working. They are clean, knowledgeable and professional. More than welcome in out home at any time. DON'T LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE!

Description of Work
HVAC system replacement

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

09/17/2020

Joseph B.

The Technicians arrived on time and completed the work in less than one hour. They were courteous, professional and very efficient. They removed any mess and left the area clean. They also demonstrated how the new humidifier will work in the colder weather. We are looking forward to more air comfort this coming Winter.

Description of Work
Replace old furnace humidifier with a new enhanced, more efficient April Aire 600 Humidifier.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

08/28/2020

Yudhu H.

I called Mannix after my 25 years old ac system gave up. Then ERIC HOLZWORTH showed up, explained to me everything, the options including the price comes with it. However, he wasn’t trying to push me to get the top tiers. He laid out on the table whether it is worth to get the top tiers, the second or the standard one based on my situation. And I like that. After getting some quotes from others, I decided to go with Mannix. And thank God that was a good decision. JOSE and SAUL came on time, and finished the job within 5,5 hours. So efficient and yet so clean. I’m so happy with the results and definitely would recommend them to everyone. Great job guys. Thank you Jerry, Eric, Jose, Saul and the rest of folks at Mannix HVAC🙏🏼🙏🏼⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Description of Work
AC & Furnace

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

Review for Mannix Heating & Cooling - 26955 Gum Spring Rd, Chantilly, VA - 38842895

03/06/2020

Rich P.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE I submitted a request for an estimate online and the owner Jerry Mannix, responded almost immediately with a recommendation that will save me over $6,000, compared to other estimates. In addition, we talked the next day on the phone, and NOT ONCE did he attempt to up-sell me on products or services that I didn't need. Highly recommended. I definitely will use them in the future. Thank you!

Description of Work
HVAC New Garage

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

03/04/2020

Alicia N.

They answered my request right away and were able to schedule something the next day. The technician was very knowledgeable and gave an informed assessment of my system.

Description of Work
Cooling system inspection

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

12/21/2019

George Z.

They responded quickly in the negotiation phase. On the installation day in late June 2019, I found the new furnace (Carrier 58TNOA110C21–20) was different from what I ordered (58CVA110-20). I was told the one that I ordered was discontinued. The new one is basically the same as the one that I ordered. In early July, I noticed, while I was in the basement, there was loud noise from the furnace/blower area. The noise is loud especially in the evening when the system is not running. They came and spent a few hours to fix the problem. It was thought the noise is due to vibrations in the new system. They put a few screws between the new system and the existing air ducts. The loud noise was gone. There is still minimal humming sounds from the furnace/flower area when the system is not running. It was thought normal because of "the electricity in the system". Likely it is from the transformer. In early November, I noticed the hotline valve was rotten with some whitish materials oozing from the valve, but it was not actively leaking. They also fixed it. So far in this winter, there was about $200 saving on propane compared to previous years. The new system runs fine. I am happen with it in general. Thank you.

Description of Work
Installed a new HVAC system in June 2019

Work Completed On 12/21/2019

12/03/2019

Kathryn K.

I have been using Mannix for a couple of years to provide routine maintenance for my HVAC system. Last year they replaced my hot water heater and last week they replaced my furnace and air conditioning units. Throughout my association with them their technicians are punctual, knowledgeable, honest, considerate and pleasant. The office staff are also very accommodating and nice to deal with. 'Based on comparisons with my neighbors' experiences, their prices are very comparable but their installation accuracy and reliability seems to be better than most. I am very pleased with the service I have received from Mannix and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/18/2019

Bob Z.

Estimates and survey, very professional. Installation is tomorrow.

Description of Work
Install whole house humidifier

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

10/29/2019

Geoffrey U.

When I started looking for quotes to replace my water heater, outdoor A/C unit, and interior air handler, Mannix was able to send a representative the day I called. Jerry Mannix, the owner, came himself to measure my space and provide a quote. New models of interior air handlers of the type I needed were smaller than my existing unit, meaning that drywall repair would be necessary afterward. Jerry made sure I was aware of this and put in extra effort to find a more compatible unit. The two installers, Billy and Matt, were professional, efficient, and pleasant to work with. They showed up on time and were finished faster than expected. They made sure they answered all my questions about the new equipment and cleaned up before leaving. The night after the job I did discover some issues with the air handler (I believe they were issues with the factory hardware, not the installation). The First Company air handler unit had excessive condensation dripping off the coils and a bad check valve which caused hot water to circulate in the hot water coil even when the heating was off. However, when I called the next day, Mannix sent someone out immediately. They diagnosed the issues and Billy and Matt were out a few days later to address the issues. So far there have been no additional issues. Overall excellent experience. I will definitely continue to use Mannix for my future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Install new water heater, outdoor A/C unit, and interior air handler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

08/03/2019

Patricia F.

They are absolutely perfect and super. They did an extra job without extra charge. They are just really good.

Description of Work
They updated the furnace system to meet the current code.

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

07/31/2019

Keith K.

AC was out. Called Mannix at5:45pm to schedule emergency service, and was quoted a fair price. Waited all evening, but tech was a no-show. Finally called again at 9:30pm, spoke with dispatcher, and got a call from emergency tech immediately. He said he never got notified of the first emergency request. He said it would take an hour for him to reach me, but I said no, I didn't see how I could give business to a company who would drop the ball on an emergency service request. I will take responsibility for not placing my 2nd call earlier in the evening to find out where tech was, but it's utter b*llsh*t that the technician was never aware of initial request.

Description of Work
Air conditioning was not working.

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Yes, this member is correct, he called in just before we closed on a 93 degree day, and due to a mistake made by one of our office staff, his appointment was never sent to the technician that was on duty that evening. Once the error was brought to our attention, we offered to run a service call to this member's home, at no charge. While this is no excuse, the recent hot weather has my team working longer than normal hours to serve as many customers as we can. Because this is such a weather driven business, employees are asked to do more during peak times in the business. Unfortunately, when this happens, as in this case, mistakes are sometimes made. I can assure you it was not intentional and this employee felt horrible about the situation. I apologize to this member for his poor experience and we tried to make things right, but we were not given that opportunity. Jerry Mannix

05/30/2019

Kristen R.

I called MANY HVAC companies in the morning. Most told me they could schedule a visit for 2-3 day in the future. Mannix put me on a list of possible same-day emergency appointments. A few hours later, I received a phone call that a technician was in the area, he’d finished early on another appointment and could stop by my house in 5-10 mins, I were home. Yes!! What service. The technician was very helpful. He found the problem, offered to fix it, but the cost was VERY high, due to multiple compounding problems. He said a new system was the best long-term choice. Interestingly, the technicians are mannix are NOT salespeople. He could not also give me a quote for a new AC system. I felt I was getting good advice from the technician. We scheduled about 4 sales estimates from AC companies. We did not buy a new unit from Mannix, but I would definitely keep them as a trusted service group.

Description of Work
AC stopped running overnight..

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

05/08/2019

John M.

Keith was the technician that came out and he gave a great explanation of the status of my system as well as what I could expect going forward. He was knowledgeable, concise and a very nice guy.

Description of Work
Preventive Maintenance

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

04/03/2019

Peter H.

Very professional and timely service. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Spring Maintenance

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

01/24/2019

Chris C.

It went great. Good products and fair price. They were prompt, neat, responsive to customer's inputs and professional.

Description of Work
They replaced 2 air conditioners and 2 furnaces.

Work Completed On 11/24/2018

01/09/2019

Jodi C.

Keith was extremely knowledgeable and professional, and his visit was prompt yet thorough.

Description of Work
Annual Winter Maintenance Visit

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

01/03/2019

Ricky A.

The whole process was easy. I called late afternoon on New Years Eve and Jose was at the house less than an hour later to fix the heater. Jose was fantastic! Highly recommend. We will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Igniter went out; heat not working.

Work Completed On 12/31/2018