B & A Power Washing

Founded 1992 • With Angi since April 2006

4.2

PO Box 220449

Chantilly, VA 20153

(WE DO NOT USE ANGIES LIST, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT US PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE OR CONTACT US BY PHONE) Family owned & operated. B&A Power Washing has been in business for over 24 years and has serviced over 55,000 customers. We specialize in pressure washing decks, fences, siding, brick, concrete and more. In addition to the area's finest pressure washing, we also offer gutter cleaning services! At B & A, all of our services are designed to maximize your home's appearance and value. Schedule online at www.bapowerwash.com....

06/17/2018

John S.

The Power Wash job effectively cleaned the home. Unfortunately the cleaning damaged the front door lock. We have contacted them multiple times over the last 3 months to resolve the problem but we are still waiting to have the problem resolved.

Description of Work
Power Wash house.

06/21/2017

Candace S.

The pressure wash went well. The siding looks new again.

Description of Work
I contracted with them to pressure wash a two story home. The technician arrived promptly at the appointment time and explained the process. I pointed out that I have a fish pond and to be careful around it. He did a great job and protected the area where the pond is located.

05/25/2017

Ashley F.

It went great! They did a beautiful job on my house and deck. I must admit I'm not an easy client. I used another start up here on Angies List whom did not have workman comp or general liability insurance and the worker was injured at my home. I was sued. So please check to make sure you are dealing with a real company and not some guy that went to Home Depot and grabbed a machine. B&A is the Real DEAL!!

Description of Work
House Wash & Deck Pressure Wash

04/24/2017

BRIAN R.

Everything went great! It was easy to book and appointment, they showed up on time and did a quality job!

Description of Work
Exterior of building cleaned, remove mold

12/05/2016

Anne M.

I realized later when the microwave, refrigerator and lamp in the kitchen didn't work that the outside outlet had been completely saturated. We flipped the breaker, and when we did that, the outlet popped, smoked and there was a small fire. I reached out to Allison via email to let her know, and to suggest that if there was long term damage, I assumed that B&A would help re mediate. I received the below response: "I am so sorry to hear about your outlet. We take every precaution to spray as little water around lights and outlets so they do not trip. But there is no way for us to know by doing a house wash if there is faulty outlet, faulty light or a leaky window. We have to assume everything is right as rain when we come out. But I assure you if an outlet is tripped during the house washing you just switch it back and it comes on without a hitch. It sounds like from your explanation there might have been a pre existing condition with your wiring. I would recommend just keeping an eye on it." I assured her that this was not a pre-existing condition. Last Friday, we also discovered that the heat pump at the back of the house had also stopped working, presumably from being saturated as well. We flipped those breakers, too, and it seems to be working again. I did not relay to B&A that the heat pump stopped working; I did not expect a response. I did, however, in my initial communication with Allison ask why B&A doesn't use contracts, to which she did not respond. Maybe it's just for small jobs like mine.

Description of Work
B&A was recommended on my community's Facebook page for power washing after several of us received notice from the HOA that this needed to be done. I called on a Wednesday, spoke with Brandon, and the work was scheduled for the following Monday. Angel arrived within the window of time specified, took only about an hour, and seemed to do a fine job.

Category pressure washing

Hello, Again I apologize your breakers tripped. This sometimes happens when doing power washing. Thank you for your review. Allison Jones

09/20/2016

Laverne M.

Not well. Technician came when I was not at home. Alternating water and dirt streaks were left running down my concrete steps and walkway from the bleaching chemicals that ran off the house, there are some markings on one area of the house that they identified as oxidation marks, and my window screen was pushed in by what was supposed to be a "soft" wash.

Description of Work
Soft house wash.

Category pressure washing

On 6/14 we came out and did a low pressure house wash to the siding. We do all house washes low pressure because we have a solution that does all the work. House washes only remove mold, mildew, dirt and debris. We can not remove oxidation if you have oxidation on your siding it will be visible after the cleaning. You can also read about oxidation on our company website [Hyperlink Removed]. After the first scheduled house wash 6/14, Ms. [Member Name Removed] complained about oxidation so we went out again and re washed her whole house (Still oxidation will not go away, we explained this to the client prior to the touch up/second washing), Client then made payment 6/20. On 6/25,6/28,6/29,7/22 & 8/4 called into to complain. We advise her each an every time that there is nothing further we can do. We have gone above and beyond to try to resolve her oxidation issue and make her happy. We have gone to her property twice and washed her home twice. We have spoken several times over the course of a month. I believe we have done everything possible to try and resolve these issues but we can not refund the payment for washing her home. We can not refund client on her preexisting issue of oxidation. We apologize you are unhappy but there is nothing more for us to do or say pertaining to your siding oxidation. Have a nice day. We do appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Allison Jones

04/18/2016

Larry C.

Excellent job. The house has original aluminum siding, and the technicians were careful not to damage the paint. They were very professional and pleasant. We would definitely use the company again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Power washed the house.

Category pressure washing

Thank you for your amazing review! We really appreciate your business.

09/22/2015

Majorie G.

The pressure from the power wash caused a separation on one of the aluminum siding. I called the company, the person I spoke to on the phone insisted that they used low pressure and there was no way the power wash could have caused it. She called me back this morning and said her technician had already noticed the gap prior to starting the power wash. Then she just hung up on me. The he house was recently purchased and I had the house inspected for damages prior to the closing. The power wash was done as part of the HOA requirement and paid for by the seller. The gap in the aluminum siding was not there prior to the power wash. Of course, they will always say that they didn't cause any damage. What else can one expect.

Description of Work
Power wash the exterior walls of the house.

Category pressure washing

Hello, Before we start any work on a residence we note any thing that stands out or is damaged prior. We noted that on the second story at the top of the home there is a gap in the siding causing the insulation to show. The customer called in and let me know that we did the damage which is not true. We told her it is very common to not notice things like this until after pressure washing when you walk around the house and fully examine. That is why our techs make notes before hand. Accidents do happen and when they do we take full responsibility. In this case we did not do the damage and nor could we with our low pressure house washing.

07/17/2015

JC H.

Unfortunately, it didn?t go very well. I scheduled an appointment online for Friday, July 17. We planned to remove our plants and deck furniture before the appointment to ensure that nothing was damaged. Instead of arriving on the scheduled date and time, B&A arrived on Tuesday, moved the furniture and washed around it. They damaged the finish on the coffee table. I know that the finish was fine before the power washing because we used the deck on Sunday and the damage would have been noticeable. Also, I was surprised by the final cost of $309.00 for a one-level, medium-sized deck. However, my main concern was the damage to our fairly new outdoor furniture. I spoke with Allison, who was very apologetic about the mix-up in the scheduling but insisted that B&A did not damage the table. She explained that their equipment would not cause damage and that her tech said that he didn?t do it. Well, then how do you explain a perfect finish on Sunday ? the last time the deck was used -- and damage on Tuesday after the unscheduled power washing? Also, the potted plants on the deck were thriving on Sunday and they are now in bad shape. I hope they didn?t spray deck cleaning solution on the plants. All of this could have been easily avoided if B&A performed the work when the job was scheduled. Although I appreciate the apology, it doesn?t fix the damage. Update: After submitting this review, I received a phone call from the company president. He still insisted that his team did not damage my furniture and that the price was fair. Although we "agreed to disagree" on both points, I was offered a discount for my time and aggravation. I have improved some of the marks on this review because of the quick follow-up contact.

Description of Work
Power washed deck

Category pressure washing

Due to a problem with our online scheduling, which has been fixed, we did show up a day early to wash Mrs [removed member name] Deck. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. As far as the table goes, we didn't power wash the table so there is no way that the pressure from the washer could have broken the table. In any case, we DID take money off of the bill to try to come up with a fair remedy. B&A always strives for 100% customer satisfaction.

07/16/2015

Christine H.

They were on time and did a good job.

Description of Work
A had a complete deck power washing, sanding and seal.

06/15/2015

Fred W.

The technician did a very outstanding job on washing both my house garage and shedI

Description of Work
Power wash my house and shed

06/02/2015

Robert R.

We contacted B&A and they scheduled the cleaning within 3 business days of contacting them. They provided a time frame (afternoon) and arrived promptly that afternoon. The employee (James) was courteous and professional. The pressure washing was done quickly but thoroughly. We're very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Pressure washing of exterior vinyl siding and porch areas. Washing included applying a mildew inhibitor.

04/16/2015

Erin O.

I submitted my appointment request for a Friday afternoon online. I received an email confirming my appointment for Friday and a message that there was no availability for gutter cleaning on Friday but a spot was open on Saturday 9-11. I waited several hours for the crew on Friday expecting the power washing team would still be coming because the appointment for Friday was confirmed. When I called to follow up, I was told that the entire appointment had been rescheduled to Saturday. I was upset at the change because it meant I had wasted a day off waiting around for this crew but I chocked it up simply to a poorly composed email. On Saturday, I expected the crew to come between 9 and 11 per the email. When no one showed up by 11, I called and left several messages for the company. I began to have serious concerns when I realized my credit card had already been charged for the work. When a manager called back, I was informed that my appointment was for 12-5 and that I must have been mistaken, in spite of me having written documentation from their email. When the crew showed up at 3:30, they informed me that their earlier client from the day said she was supposed to have an afternoon appointment. Clearly they mixed up their appointment slots. In spite of the miscommunications from the company and my wasted time, I received no apologies from the manager and no offers of any sort were given to make up for the errors. The manager just said that I didn't have to be home for the work to be done. This was no solution for me because I wanted to be there while the work was done. The patio and gutters were well-cleaned. The house is white and still has some sections where it looks dingy. When I expressed concern, the crew member who came out said that they only have a responsibility spray the house with the water solution in the hose. If it doesn't come clean from that, then they consider it a stain that you have to remove yourself. I had several spots where the dirt would come off on my hand afterwards if I touched it and I will need to hand scrub those spots. I would not hire them again. The poor customer service from the office was disappointing. It was helpful to have the power washing for the second floor and the patio looked good, but I will still have to do some of the work by hand to feel the house is cleaned properly.

Description of Work
Provider power washed the house (single family) and patio (about 24x10 ft), and cleaned out gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, pressure washing

Hi, I apologize for any confusion in our online scheduling. We try very hard to have 100% customer satisfaction but sometimes with using new technology mistakes happen. We are glad you are happy with our pressure washing services and as far as the house wash goes we do the possible best we can do but stains or aging siding can clean up so much. Have a nice day.

04/06/2015

Margaret S.

Did a good job - let me know that there were issues they couldn't resolve (and frankly, I couldn't see the stain they were concerned about until I looked really hard). Prompt about rescheduling due to snow. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Exterior power washing on inside unit townhouse.

Category pressure washing

Hello, Thank you for being a client and we really appreciate your kind words.

12/31/2014

Joseph M.

They did a great job. They did not complete the job on the date/time scheduled. They called to apologize, and completed the job the next day.

Description of Work
Power washed one side of an end-unit townhouse.

Category pressure washing

Thank you for your review. In the winter the weather plays a huge part. Thank you for understanding we could not complete the job on that day due to extreme winter weather.

07/22/2014

Charlotte R.

They did a very nice job and their price was very reasonable. The sent one person out to do the job and he got the job done over 2 days because they had to come back and do the sealing. The worker was very professional and did his job very well.

Description of Work
They power washed the decks and also sealed them.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review. We love hearing that our customers are satisfied with our work as well as the customer service provided by the technician. We look forward to seeing you again!

06/28/2014

Harold C.

It went very well and the workers gave me advice about making the sealant last a little longer.

Description of Work
Power washed my deck and sealed it with a clear sealant.

Category pressure washing

Hello, Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure working with you. I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July.

06/10/2014

Kathryn G.

I have used B & A Power Washing. They did a great job. They were very courteous and very thorough. My interaction with them was fine. Sure, I would recommend them to family members.

Description of Work
They did power-washing to my house.

Category pressure washing

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

06/06/2014

Barbara W.

It did not take long to do the job. I saw how clean my siding was and I am very please

Description of Work
turned on our outside water to use the power wash

Category pressure washing

Hello, Thank you for your comments. Have a wonderful day.

06/03/2014

Celine V.

it went well, i'd use them again

Description of Work
power wash and seal

Category pressure washing

Thank you for your review. As always it was a pleasure doing business with you.

05/08/2014

John F.

I am disappointed in their customer service. When scheduling the service, I was told to simply ensure that my windows were closed. I confirmed with them that I did not need to be present. No problem, they said. When I returned home on the day of service, I found all of my iron deck chairs, wicker furniture, and other items in my grass. Which had just been cut. And now is wet from the power wash.. So all of my furniture is now covered in wet grass and dirt. I called the number on the invoice, which claims "Great Service Since 1993!". I asked when the team would be back to the house to put back all of my heavy furniture on the deck and patio, and was told that they would be back in a few days when they apply the sealant. Except I didn't contract for that service. Once that was figured out, I was transferred to another person that told me it is not their job to move furniture. But you did move all my furniture into the grass, which is now exceptionally dirty, and left it there. I informed the person that I can not pick up the furniture due to it's weight, and he asked if I am the only one living in the home. Why would that matter, is it someone else's problem? He asked if I had neighbors or friends that could help. He asked me whether I would leave my pictures on the wall if I was having a painter over or if I would "prepare the area." I told him, yes, my painter removes the pictures and fixes the holes, and paints. He simply said, you have a very nice painter, then. How is this related to power washing, again? He offered me no customer service whatsoever, and I told him this would be reflected in my review. Here it is, as promised. I paid this company almost $1000 to power wash my deck, patio, and house. That's a lot of money. And the expectation was that my house would be clean and all my items would be where I left them. And no, I am not going to remove this review. Because it is 100% accurate and truthful. You should have thought of your customer first.

Description of Work
Power washed the deck, patio, and home.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Let me first start off by saying this review grade is completely false. We were fairly priced, showed up on time , got a phone call to compliment our work. We pressure washed her entire deck (included free composite prewash), her large patio and her home for a discounted total of $850. The customer is only complaining about having to put her deck furniture back on her deck. We ask that all customers remove as much stuff as possible off their decks as we are not furniture movers. It furniture is left on the deck we move it from side to side and work around it. Your deck was not large enough to accommodate that process so our tech had moved your numerous pieces of furniture off the deck. He was also by himself and did not see a problem with leaving the furniture off to allow the composite material to dry before the home owner put the furniture back on the deck as most would prefer. We see in our records that (member name removed) is an repeat customer and that the furniture had to be moved off the deck last time as well. We tried explaining this to (member name removed) but it seems she was not happy unless we sent someone over that instant to move her furniture back. We told her it would be a couple days before we could return and asked if her and her husband could put the furniture back on the deck. Again we are extremely sorry you are upset about your furniture being removed off of your deck but there was no way to clean it otherwise. ** Customer stated she was very happy with the work on the phone call but dissatisfied with having to move furniture back. Please keep this in mind when reading this review. It is about furniture moving only!

04/24/2014

Fredric S S.

They did a fine job and we would probably consider using them again if we needed their service. I believe their price seemed reasonable at that time. It was a last-minute job and they were responsive.

Description of Work
We used the services of B&A Power Washing a few years ago.

Category pressure washing

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business.

03/20/2014

Linda R.

They did an excellent job! Scheduling was very easy and quick. We were pleased with the work they did.

Description of Work
They powered washed all the siding on the house and on the deck.

Category pressure washing

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business.

03/03/2014

Timothy B.

It was okay. I would say that they did a good job. They were on time. The job was cost effective. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used the services of B & A Power Washing. The power washed the deck and the rear of the house and stuff.

Category pressure washing

We appreciate your review. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review.

12/10/2013

Dee N.

They came out and power washed the house and the shed. They did an excellent job and were here in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Power Washing.

Category pressure washing

Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate your business!

Skill Custom Work II LLC

A freshly painted home or office can make us feel refreshed and more efficient. Skill Custom Work 2 LLC offers free consultations, detailed cost estimates, expert advice and dependable prep and clean up services, at rates that won’t break your budget. For premium products and quality craftsmanship, you can trust the Falls Church paint professionals for all your interior painting needs!

Offers by Skill Custom Work II LLC on Angi
    NVA Home Services, LLC

NVA Home Services is a small, family owned company serving the Northern Virginia area for over 15 years. We pride ourselves in our reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will regularly communicate with you as we work through your project. Some of our services include gutter cleaning, chimney sweeps, pressure washing, masonry repair, roof repair and carpentry repairs. Certified CSIA Chimney Sweep! We look forward to earning your business!

Hot H20 Powerwashing

Check out the article written about organic growth in the Loudoun Tribune on April 2018. It's about our company. We're fully licensed and insured.Our brand new hot water machine is state of the art and ready for any job.This, combined with my extensive knowledge in Eco friendly and caustic cleaning solutions, will remove all organic and non organic matter from most, if not all, exterior surfaces. Specifically, but not limited to, low pressure house washing, high pressure cleaning of decks/fences, driveways, walkways, asphalt and brick. The use of hot water up to 200 degrees and our knowledge of what cleaning agent to use at what time, ensures customer satisfaction and the best possible result combined with the least possible risk to your home and property. We are also available for commercial properties, fleet vehicles and construction equipment cleaning. Thank you for considering us.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We specialize in pressure washing decks, fences, siding, brick, concrete and more. In addition to the area's finest pressure washing, we also offer window and gutter cleaning services as well as Snow removal!