We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

AWS Restorations

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2008

14140 Parke Long Court Suite E

Chantilly, VA 20151

"Here at AWS Restorations, we've been helping the people of northern Virginia for over 20 years. With two decades of experience, we're proud to run a company that truly cares about its customers. From everything from siding in Reston to Centreville doors, we have what you need to improve your home.

12/06/2016

Eddie E.

I never heard back from AWS. Nothing! Even if they didn't find any damage. I was still expecting at least a phone call conveying that information.

Description of Work
I noticed AWS signs advertising free estimates and inspections for storm damage. I called their number and was sent straight to voicemail. A couple days later I received a call back. As the estimator was already in the neighborhood, I informed him that I wasn't home, but that he had permission to go up on the roof and so the inspection. I texted him my address and a picture of my home so that there wouldn't be any confusion.

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Hello [Member Name Removed] thank you for your feedback. I apologize for what happened during the Winter last year. I searched our company software in hopes of pulling up your profile to understand what took place but was unable to find you within our system. What this leads me to believe is that you were somehow in direct contact with one of our project managers. As a company policy it is required for all staff and managers to input a customers information into our system. Being that I cannot find you within our systems I am led to believe that the project manager neglected to add you. If you would be kind enough to inform me of which project manager you were in contact with I can correct the issue and make sure this doesn't occur with anyone else. Again I apologize for our lack of communication with you and hope to hear from you soon so that I can take this issue and learn from it as to prevent it from happening again. If you have any questions you would like answered on our end please feel free to e-mail us at AWScontractors(at)gmail.com or call our office number 703-426-4000. - Taylor M.

12/03/2016

Henry H.

The job was done superbly especially the windows by a highly professional team. In addition, since the roof was due in part due to hail damage, there was a lot of insurance interaction in which AWS was instrumental in promptly getting information to the Insurance company and making sure all questions got answered.

Description of Work
I had all windows replaced. I also had them do a new roof and replace the entire gutter system

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

12/25/2015

Stephen K.

Description of Work
New Roof and siding. All work completed in the stated time frame and was done well.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

10/29/2015

karen w A.

American an Window Systems were timely, courteous and professional from the initial estimate through the installation. We needed a replacement screen and one window had issue, and they were quick to schedule a service call to correct the problems. We would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Replaced builder grade windows with vinyl windows.

Category screen repair, replacement windows

03/03/2015

Dan K.

AWS handled all interactions with the insurance company. They arrived on time each day, worked hard and cleaned up when they left. The job was completed on time and budget. They could not have been more professional and did first class work.

Description of Work
Replaced all: roofing, gutters, siding and screens after extensive hail damage

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair, siding, replacement windows

06/13/2014

Ginger R.

Wonderful Workmanship! No seems, no ripples, very tidy - left no mess in my yard. Did the work much sooner than anticipated and did a quality AAAAA Plus job. I would highly recommend Ed and his team at Aermican Window Systems.

Description of Work
Siding work on the front of our home.

Category siding

05/26/2014

Brian S.

American Window Systems, Inc. installed all new windows (15 total) in my house back in 2000. In 2014, I needed two windows to be serviced (tighten spiral balance) in preparation for sale of my house. American Windows honored my service warranty even though it expired after 10 years. There was no charge for the service. Also, the fact that only minor service was required for two windows is a testament of the great quality of windows they offer. We have been very happy with this company and plan to have them replace windows in our new house.

Description of Work
Replaced windows (back in 2000) and recently performed maintenance on 2 windows (in 2014).

05/13/2014

Sue K.

The experience was excellent. They gave me an Angie's List discount off their regular rate. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We used American Windows System Inc. They installed some windows for me last month. They replaced 2 windows which had leaks, and one window which was cracked.

05/06/2013

Liping and Ted H.

They arrived on time to do the work, tried their best to clean up. We can't get to the roof to see the quality of the work. They forgot to do one part of the roof on the gazebo. We had to call them several times to get them to come back to fix that.

Description of Work
They replaced the whole roof due to hail damage, home insurance paid for the costs.

10/23/2012

Celestino B.

This company also recommend me to Dan Spears. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The installation was great.

Description of Work
2 Windows in the back that needed to be replaced.

10/18/2012

Dan K.

It went exceptionally well. The owner and his company were responsive to requests. They completed the work on time. They cleaned up everything. They came back and fixed any punch list items immediately. They just did an excellent job. The owner took personal responsibility for coming to the house to regulate and see how the work was going on. His crew was doing the work, but he showed up periodically to make sure that they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. So, I was satisfied and didn’t have any issues. He was very much involved in the process.

Description of Work
American Windows System Inc re-roofed and re-sided the house after a hailstorm, repaired the gutters and replaced window screens as well.

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair, siding

09/13/2012

David G.

Requested an estimate and met Jim onsite to go over the windows we were replacing. He wrote up an estimate on the spot. A few days later, we contacted him and said we wanted to place the order. He came out for a final measurement of the windows at which time we gave a reasonable deposit. He called when the windows were in to schedule the installation. Crew was punctual and courteous, working around other work/contractors we had in the home. They finished very quickly, within a few hours, and when they left, everything was neat and clean.

Description of Work
Company was very professional, punctual and reasonably priced. The windows came a few weeks after placing the order and the installation was done quickly and professionally. Would definitely use them again and recommend to others.

05/08/2012

Michael P.

They did a good job. I would use them again in the future if I needed to.

Description of Work
I have used American Windows System Inc. for work on my gutters, siding and roof.

Category gutter repair

05/07/2012

ERIN B.

First of all, after several bids before them - all from groups that seemed to want to talk to you to death and in the end were very, very expensive, American Windows and Siding was just the opposite. Bob was willing to listen to the questions that both my wife and I had but was also to the point. Bob, when he first came in, stated that he was not here to talk our ear out about something we already know as he knew we had gotten previous bids. He did however make us feel as if the first time we were working with someone that was for the first time wanting to make sure that we got what we wanted, and we did! His team was wonderful - they came out on a Saturday, yes, Saturday, and worked to complete all of the work that day. Everyone on his team was very professional and courteous. They even went the extra mile when I had questions to explain the answers to my satisfaction. Now, I have read previous posts about them not caring about being clean... boy is that ever an understatement. Bob's team came in and the very first thing they did was tarp everything they could to protect all of our personal furniture. Also, they make sure that everywhere they walked were tarps so that they never left anything behind. When they left - they made sure to clean up around their area and also made extra sure in our driveway area to check nothing was left - and I mean nothing was left to question. We have had previous people come in to do work and have left nails - this group... not a single one - so I was very impressed! Also, their attention to detail - from insulating our windows to adding capping - was wonderful! My wife and I would highly recommend this group, and are looking forward to working with them soon to replace our sky light, roof, and gutters!

Description of Work
Requested to replace: 7 Windows - 1 Sliding Glass Door - 1 Entry Door - all with aluminium capping, also installed storm door. Most standard size windows - approx - 60" high by 31" wide. Sliding glass was a 72" Standard Sliding glass - and entry door with storm door.

Category replacement windows, doors

C.A. R.

The staff at American Windows is very courteous, and the entire process was a pleasure. The job took only a few hours to remove and replace the gutters. They were on time and got the gutters and gutter screens up just as we had asked. The work area was cleaned at the end and we were happy with the job done.

Description of Work
Gutter removal and replacment with screens.

Category gutter repair

C.A. R.

We were more than pleased with the quality and workmanship of the job done by American Windows Systems! Our home looks fantastic. Our neighbors loved the work too. They kept coming by to see the siding. We are thankful for our friends that referred them to us. American Window Systems is fantastic! Our siding looks great. I feel very comfortable recommending them. The crew was on time and friendly. They were reliabe, work was done in a timely manner and the area was properly cleaned when finished. Great job!

Description of Work
American Window Systems removed and replaced our siding which covered the sides and back of our house.

Category siding

C.A. R.

American Windows System were referred to us by friends, and we were thrilled with the referral. American Windows System did a fantastic job. They were patient while I picked out the roof color and gave me tons of references with exact color choices I was debating over. When the work started, they were on time every day and the work was done timely with careful attention to detail. We have solar panels on our roof that have to be handled very carefully, and the crew handled them with kit gloves. Our roof looks fantastic. We had many neighbors come by and ask who completed the job. The crew also did clean up and was very courteous. We were incredibly pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Double layer roof removal and replacement.

10/06/2011

Linda E.

Ed needed to find the piece as the windows no longer use this piece. In about 2 weeks, he searched, found it and called to install it. Ed came the day he called and had the piece installed in about 10 minutes. Quick, easy and free!

Description of Work
American Window Systems installed my windows 12 years ago. A small piece had broken off the hinge mechanism. Ed Most stood behind his product and fixed it now, 12 years later, fixed the mechanism FREE OF CHARGE!

08/08/2011

Larry D.

The experience with them was excellent. Ed was the man who came out and he was outstanding in doing the evaluation. We had several other companies come for bids and we thought that he was the most thorough on price, initial presentation and in presenting us with options. We did a lot of research and we were satisfied with the price. We are pleased with the results. What stood out about them were their professionalism, price point and options, and the speed in getting it done. They have a group that comes out and does it quickly and it doesn't take that long. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
American Windows System replaced all of our windows.

08/03/2011

Ann B.

They are very professional and their workmanship was great. They handled everything with the insurance company. They made the process with the insurance company very smooth after the insurance company gave us a hard time.

Description of Work
They came to fix the siding and trim after we had a bad hail storm.

11/18/2010

Michelle D.

The overall process went much better than I expected. Ed Most and AWS worked with our budget, never pressuring us to spend more. The work was completed in a timely fashion and with great professionalism. When we did have a problem (our telephones, tv and phones were inadvertantly disconnected), the team responded promptly, located the problem and restored the service.

Description of Work
Our roof and siding were completely replaced by AWS. They also replaced all of our gutters and shutters.

10/19/2010

Michael P.

They were very thorough and with any issues that arose, they worked to remedy them. They were a very hands on company. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and they cleaned up well. I highly recommend them for getting in, getting the job done, and getting out.

Description of Work
They did a roofing and siding job for me.

10/03/2010

Anthony H.

After a number of solicitation in the neighborhood by other companies, we called AWS, because our realtor (who lives in the neighborhood) had also used them and we figured her endorsement was legitimate given her profession, and presence in the neighborhood. The local rep for AWS lives in our neighborhood as well, so he had some "skin in the game" in terms of ensuring professionalism and punctuality. The process was timely, assisted in part by a quick/responsive insurance claim, and the work was done promptly. However, after committing to a one-day job, it did spill into the second day, which was more the result of weather having affected a the job prior to mine, than actually being delayed on my house, so it wasn't much of a problem.

Description of Work
All new roof (shingles, and in some places, baseboard as well, which was covered almost entirely by insurance claim, resulting from a springtime hailstorm. Nearly half the homes in our neighborhood did receive, or are receiving, new roofs and/or siding and/or gutters.

09/22/2010

Charles L.

I found them extraordinarily helpful, easy to work with and knowledgeable. All of their subcontractors were good workers who cleaned up after themselves and were polite. I have absolutely no complaints. If I had to do this all over again I would seek them out.

Description of Work
American Windows System put on new siding, a new roof and new vinyl wrapping.

05/12/2008

KIMBERLY N.

They were GREAT. The workers arrived on time, finished promptly, and cleaned up their mess. They demonstrated the windows and fixed a ding that occurred during installation. The only negative was the lack of follow up while I was waiting for measuring/ordering and the windows to arrive.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 windows for me by taking out the 25 year old wood double hung and 1 large picture window.