Bill's Handyman Service

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2011

4.4

Handyman business that specializes in work that others are unable to do or lack the experience to understand the scope of necessary repairs needed to resolve problems, typically we resolve problems that structural engineers lack the ability to resolve, 43 years experience in the building business....

If you have an existing structure that you need removed, I would love to help you. Demolition company based in Northern Virginia with 15 years of experience that specializes in complete removal of existing structures to include houses, barns, sheds, and detached garages. Also can provide large scale junk removal that requires the use of heavy equipment. I also work closely with a company that can obtain a tax credit if applicable. Licensed and insured Class A Virginia contractor #2705044425 Exp. 5/31/22

About our company: When it's time for hiring a company to restore your deck, you need a company that not only has experience but one that can be trusted with the largest investment you will ever make, your home. There are just a few of the reasons why Deck Armor it's such a great choice for home and business owners across DMV area. We have over 10 years' experience in wood restoration business. Our employees are highly skilled and have been extensively trained. We believe that we offer the best service and job well done. We use our special Deck Armor Weather Protecting Sealing System to increase the lifespan of your deck by 10 years and make it look like new. Deck resurfacing rather that deck replacement will save you time and money. Deck Armor Weather Protecting Sealing System will be giving your existing deck increasing the value of your home, preparing it to be sold in the future; as well as adding charm and beauty. Our Deck Armor team Completely eliminate all splinters and all nails & Makes Your Deck Safe Again. This system Prevent cracking and warping makes Complete protection from weathering and rotting. Prevent mold and mildew. Increase the lifespan of your deck by 10 years!!! Smooth acrylic finish; maintenance free.

03/13/2014

He called me back and lives very close to me. When I told him my issue was he said he wouldn't leave his house for less than $100. He wasn't listening to what I telling him. In the meantime I took the job over. I tried to tell him that I was looking for a new handyman to do work as it arouse, but still said no. He just did not respond and did not seem interested.

Description of Work
Handymen work estimate.

10/01/2013

I received an estimate for some work in my bathroom, but did not have this individual perform the work. He showed up right on time and gave me a very comparable quote. I was able to use an Angie's List deal to get a better price from another company, but would not hesitate to call Bill for a future estimate.

Description of Work
I did not use this provider .

07/09/2013

Due to a series of unforeseen weather events the job stretched out over a week. The job was bigger than anticipated as we kept finding rotted wood, but the provider was quite responsive. I probably should have requested re-estimates each time another issue was found.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced rotted wood sills and trim on large bay window. Removed rotted wood on sills of two smaller windows. Caulked the replacement areas. Painted bay window area and six other window trims.

Category handyman service,woodworking,interior painters

06/11/2013

Bill was very professional and personable. I had a knee replacement several months ago and Bill was able to suggest additional modifications which have proved very useful. He had a tradesman-in-training with him who also was very courteous, professional, and helpful. I recently found one very small space in shower wall which missed being regrouted. I'm sure he would come out to fix it, but I think...

Description of Work
Upstairs bathroom- cleaned and regrouted tile, installed shower door. Added hand rail. throughout house (completing job husband tried to do without success -) Studs are not equal distances apart.so there was great difficulty for computer saavy husband. Bill suggested installation and indeed location of perfect handrail grip in shower. A different contractor had previously informed me that wouldn't be possible.

11/17/2012

Excellent. Details are above.

Description of Work
Bill did some repairs to our cedar shake roof following "Sandy". His work was excellent. He came with two crew who helped him while he himself did all of the skilled work. The quality of his work was excellent, he came on time, completed the work fast, and his fees were reasonable. We were very pleased overall and will definitely use him in the future.

Category handyman service

excavation paving concrete, landscaping, foundation work, painting, and carpentry work.

wallpaper, psychological help which is desperately needed in the washington area

Ask for details.