Remodel America Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2010

6301 Heritage Landing Ct

Burke, VA 22015

Full service remodeling company. We have also built new homes.

08/30/2022

Phil C.

Javier was extremely professional and accessible. His employees mirrored his example: hard working, diligent, honest, efficient, etc. I can't say enough about this company!!

Description of Work
demo deteriorating deck and rebuild

Category decks, electrician

01/01/2021

Steve S.

We really enjoyed working with Javier and his team. We met with 5 contractors prior to choosing Remodel America to remodel our kitchen. His estimate was not the lowest, but his commitment and attention to detail led us to choose them and we were not disappointed. We had a vision of what we wanted, and Javier was great at making other suggestions as well. Jose, the primary worker on our site, was amazing. He worked quickly and with great craftsmanship. He took care to keep the area clean as much as is possible in a full demo. We are thrilled with our new kitchen and would hire Remodel America again for future projects.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category countertops, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

05/10/2019

James S.

We recently remodeled one of our bathrooms. Javier of Remodel America provided us the lowest estimate to perform the work. He guided us through the entire process. He was very helpful and recommended numerous things for us to consider. We requested Sergio, one of his workers, to handle the entire project. He did excellent work and we couldn’t be happier with the new bathroom. We plan to use Javier of Remodel America for future projects.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

Category remodeling

Mr. [Member Name Removed] was definite about what he wanted and we were happy to have come through for him. Looking forward to working with him again. Javier

11/05/2018

Jeff A.

We had two bathrooms remodeled (hall and master). Remodel America did a GREAT JOB...we really appreciated the quality and the professionalism of Javier (the owner) and Hugo (the craftsman). Both bathrooms turned out beautifully and the price was very fair. I would definitely hire the organization again to do remodeling in my house!

Description of Work
Hall and Master Bath Remodel

Category remodeling

What a great couple to work for. Will be happy to be there for their future needs. Javier

09/29/2017

Richard P.

Very responsive - and outstanding professional work. This is the fifth time we've had Remodel America perform upgrades to our house. Totally revamped our kitchen, built out a full bathroom in an unfinished basement, redid our guest bathroom on the 2nd floor and then finished the basement. All jobs were done well and with highly competent craftsmen. Love our house - and will always consider Javier and his crew for any work/upgrades in the future.

Description of Work
Just had a small plumbing job completed under the sink in our kitchen.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Always a pleasure to work for Mr & Mrs [Member Name Removed].

12/21/2016

Sheila S.

It went well and there was a time crunch too because guests were coming. Javier Zavaleta was always checking progress, held my hand through this experience and answered every question imaginable--very accessible. The forman and assistant were wonderful, very neat and cleaned up at the end of each day. They were really artists. The price was very reasonable as well. I am thrilled. I am so thankful that I have found someone that I can count on and trust. I have had bad experiences previously and this was the best one ever!!!!

Description of Work
I had two bathrooms remodeled. I will have the third done later, as well as shoring up my ceiling in my bedroom (sheet rock is sagging, as other houses in my development)

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/23/2015

Kimberly O.

Description of Work
Great customer service and even with an error on the estimated cost- he stood by the amount quoted. Would hire again.

08/04/2015

jackie R.

All went well from the drawing to the completion of the work. Remodeled USA was very responsive to certain details that were not translated from the salesman to the actual workers, but all went well. We wanted it completed before April 15 and they met that schedule with time to spare. The workers were on time and cleaned up thoroughly as the work progressed.

Description of Work
Converted a screen 20 x 25 porch into a year round addition. Extended the porch by 5 feet.

05/06/2015

Cheng Z.

I am very happy with the job they performed. Will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Exterior power wash, exterior painting and wood frame repair

Category remodeling, house painters

10/19/2014

Marco F.

The project involved a complete remodel of our bathroom which involved rearranging our tub and toilet in addition to installing a venting unit and replacing the window. Javier's crew leader Hugo was professional and on time each day. While we ran into a few unintended surprises that arose from working on a 930's Arlington townhouse Javier was able to offer solutions to keep the project and track. The bathroom turned out better than my wife and I could image.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

10/19/2014

Marco F.

The project involved a complete remodel of our kitchen which included removing a wall and rearranging duct work to open the space up into an open kitchen floor plan. Javier worked with my wife and I to design our new kitchen, selecting cabinets, and counter tops. Javier's crew leader Hugo was professional and on time each day. The project was done on time and with very little surprises, which is impressive for an 1930's Arlington townhouse.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

10/18/2014

PEGGY J.

Javier was very responsive to our needs and limitations. Staff is courteous, punctual and as unobtrusive as possible when working in our home.

Description of Work
We just finished a small kitchen remodel. I have also used this company in the past to finish our basement and to install new windows.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, basement remodeling

09/13/2014

Sangeeta M.

Very positive. No hassels. done to satisfaction.

Description of Work
electric work, gutter fixing, misc.

Category remodeling

[removed member name] had a long list of jobs in different trades that she had been contemplating. Knew what she wanted. Very nice person.

02/08/2014

Nancy G.

Good engagement and site visits by the manager; foreman and workers were quite professional. Only snag came when the vanity and counter didn't fit in the standard 48" space for it. After deliberation and discussion, foreman pulled wall board out and replaced with thinner sheetrock. The team also patched the water-damaged kitchen ceiling area. Rest of the replacement was uneventful. Overall, we are quite satisfied with the quality and length of the project and would happily book with Remodel America when the time comes for our next project.

Description of Work
Renovate Hall Bathroom: demolish tub leaking into kitchen below and tile surround, toilet, vanity and counter; replace with new (tub/toilet/vanity and hardware purchased separately...no allowance within base charge).

Category home remodeling

This couple knew precisely what they wanted and were very fair.

01/12/2014

Harriet H.

Everything went very smoothly. His workers were very good and cleaned up after themselves each day when they left. Javier came by to check the progress regularly and was very helpful with any questions we might have. I would highly recommend him company. I had three estimates and felf his was the most compatable with what we wanted done and reasonable.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen removing wall between kitchen and dining room, insstalling new cabinets, new tile floor, indirect lighting for which he had to add to new elecftrical box, new back door and storm door, painting kitchen and dining room.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

The sweetest nicest couple. I am very pleased we could provide them with what they needed.

10/13/2013

Elizabeth S.

It is with pleasure that I write this review for Remodel America. I found Remodel America through an internet search. Three companies responded. Javier Galeta come to my home, understood exactly what I wanted to accomplish and made several appropriate recommendations. His estimate for the job was several thousand dollars less than the other two bids, and his plan was appealing and creative. He took my son shopping for tiles, appliances, paint color, etc. I was completely satisfied with their choices. At one point I asked the workers a couple of questions. I was satisfied with their replies, but was impressed when Javier telephoned me to make sure I was satisfied. Clearly communication is a fundamental work ethic at Remodel America. The job was completed in less than a week and the workers cleaned up even more than their tools and debris. My new bathroom is perfect.

Description of Work
Remodeled a basement bathroom, including installing a new shower, floor, walls, fixtures, etc.

Category home remodeling

[removed member name] and her son were very nice people for whom to work.. Since this bathroom we have also been called to remodel their entire basement which they also liked.

09/17/2013

Erin S.

After purchasing a house that needed quite a bit of updating, we were on the quest for the perfect contractor. After interviewing several companies, we came across Remodel America. The owner, Javier, came out himself and met with us. We were extremely impressed with his professionalism, vast knowledge, and ability to communicate to us exactly what needed to be done. The same day we met with Javier, he sent us drawings of possible configurations for our dream bathroom. He sat on the phone with us and really listened to what we wanted and did whatever he could do accommodate us. He also drew our attention to things/issues we otherwise wouldn't have thought of. We changed the layout several times, but they never seemed to get frustrated. They were genuinely concerned that we were getting exactly what we wanted. His entire team was courteous and respectful the entire time they were working in our house. We have two small children, which often complicates construction, but they worked with us and everything went very smoothly. Any questions or concerns we ever had were promptly answered and addressed. Our new master bathroom is amazing! Exactly what we wanted. I would definitely hire Remodel America again and can't wait to have them update our kitchen!

Description of Work
Demolition of old master bath and complete remodel. Moved washer and dryer from the main floor to the upstairs. Painted various areas of the house. Installed updated lighting throughout the house.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, interior painters

Pleasure to work for. Yes they did change their mind on layout a few time but they were so nice it wasn't a big deal to my workers or me. Trreated my guys like gold. She was home all the time and very nice and he even gave my foreman a TV as a gift when we were done.

09/06/2013

Matthew O.

Remodel America provided a complete renovation of a large hallway bathroom. We were under a time crunch, and the owner, with some difficulty which caused a little frustration, moved his crews around so that he could complete the job in our tight time period. The two-man crew was excellent. They did great work, and completed the project in about a week. The cost was very good compared to other contractors, and well below the big companies that advertise on the radio or that we constantly get flyers for. Occasionally the owner was a bit hard to get a hold of, but if you are willing to talk to the workers (their english is not great, but very workable) then they will do whatever you ask of them. I also used Remodel America a few years ago in another house, and the owner was the only contractor that was able to come up with a solution to effectively rework the bathroom we were redoing. They are flexible and will work with you. The owner does not promise what day they will start, as he can't predict exactly when other jobs will be complete. But both times he told me that they would start in a few days, and then I got a call one day ahead and said they could start the next. Just something to be aware of.

Description of Work
Gut and restore large hallway bathroom.

Category remodeling

I met when we did a project for them at their old house. I was pleased that he called me again to do work at his new home. He is very precise and expects good work. He is also very fair and understanding and great to work with. Of much importance to me is how my clients treat my workers - they were great.

05/13/2010

Virginia L.

After powerwashing my house, the painter discovered additional wood trim that needed to be replaced. He reviewed the additional work with me, going over a long list and pointing out the location of the wood that needed to be replaced. I approved the additional cost, which increased the original contract price by almost half. Thereafter, the only other additional cost item was a piece of gutter that the painter told me would cost $100.00 which I approved. After several weeks, I received a call from the contractor advising me that the job would be completed that day, and that there had been additional costs (almost doubling the price of the original contract). I told him I was unaware of the additional work and had not approved the additional costs. That evening, I had 3 phone messages from the contractor looking for payment in full. There had been no walk through, and I had had no independent opportunity to inspect the job. The next morning at 8 am I received the fourth call from the contractor. When I advised him that I had not had an opportunity to inspect the job, he asked that I pay the contract price, holding the ?extras? until after inspection, which I did. When I inspected the job. I was surprised to find unfinished work, and a fair amount of damage to my house. Unfinished work included: unpainted sliding glass door frame, unattached gutter downspout, and green shutter paint on white window trim, damages included: six cut deck boards, cracked windowsills in two rooms, cut phone line, paint drips on deck and stairs, and two inoperable storm windows. Both the painter and the contractor arrived for the inspection one week later. The painter was completely unprofessional, and neither showed any surprise or even a little mortification at the damage. (The painter?s response to the cut deck boards was ?my bad.?) The contractor agreed to repair the damage and complete the job. I provided him with Behr deck stain which I had put on the deck, however, he decided that it did not match, and used Duron stain. However, the Duron stain also didn?t match, so he decided to paint my whole deck the new color, without ever consulting me. Not only did he do a lousy job, but the color no longer matched the siding on my house. He came back to put on another coat of the new stain, this time getting deck stain on the legs of my deck furniture. When I complained to the contractor that the color was wrong, his response was ?this is ridiculous,? and ?you?re making excuses.? The painter returned and painted the deck again, this time using the right deck stain and getting deck stain on the white deck pickets. Once this was completed, the contractor returned for another walk through. At this point I no longer wanted any more ?repairs? done to my house and told him I would fix anything further myself. To settle this matter I offered payment for what I had authorized which he immediately accepted and left. This firm was very unprofessional. Avoid this contractor.

Description of Work
Repair and paint white trim on single family home and seven green shutters.

Category house painters

When this house had been previously painted, much wood rot had simply been painted over and was not readily discernible until we begin to do our prep work which includes scraping off loose caulk and loose paint. When this process was begun the covered up wood rot came to light. There was a lot of it!! We did make a istake with regard to the color, etc. but we persisted until the issue was fully resolved. I only ask that people not judge us on the mistakes we might make, nobody is perfect, but rather on how I/we respond to the mistake. Even after we corrected everything, Mrs. (member name removed) was unwilling to pay us for any of the extra work we did becasue it wasn't on the original contract. She kept coming up with reasons why we couldn't do a final walkthrough and settlement. When we complied with ALL of her wishes we were still left in the lurch. Perhaps it would have been better for us to do what her previous contractor did - paint over the rot and keep our mouth shut - but this isn't the way we do business. Typically, clients are happy when we point out additional problems we may find and readily agree to compensate us for the extra work. In this case we did the extra work but did not get paid. All her comments are simply her attempt to mask or perhaps convince herself that she is in the right in not paying us.