Acclaim Home Services

With Angi since May 2016

5765F Burke Centre Parkway Suite 215

Burke, VA 22015

Acclaim Home Services is a locally owned and operated general contracting company that specializes in landscaping. We have less then 10 employees that offer a wide range of professional home services. We offer many different financing options and well as seasonal promotions. We treat our clients with respect and have a no pressure sales policy. Our goal is to gain your trust and business for life....

07/16/2020

Dean F.

ACCLAIM HOME SERVICES - is hands-down the VERY BEST construction company on PLANET EARTH! From cradle to grave, beginning to end and everything in between, they made our fence and paver patio project seamless. My wife and I rarely give 5 STAR glowing reviews; however, Toney and his team restored our faith in the construction business. If you have a job and you’re not sure what to do, CALL Toney...if you are unsure the others are any good...CALL Toney...if you're wondering if your project makes sense...call Toney...if you’ve read other reviews and their not up to par, JUST PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL TONEY! Toney and his team are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! As a former military investigator, I did my due diligence in finding the right construction company. From the moment we met Toney in our home during the consultation, we knew that he was LEGIT!! Absolutely, a PROVEN PROFESSIONAL! Take it from someone who has done the hard work on Yelp, Angles List, Home Advisor and Google; Toney and his team are the BEST of the BEST!!!!!!!! Separate the wheat from the chaff; when it comes to reviews, see who has an ax to grind and who doesn't; who is offering genuine, honest, purposeful, God-inspired words and who is spewing negativity, hate, and discontent. "People helping people, it's powerful stuff" ™ Trust me, if you are a reasonable owner, with reasonable expectations, TEAM ACCLAIM can't possibly let you down. MAKE THE CALL to ACCLAIM HOME SERVICES, you’ll be happy you did.

Description of Work
FENCE INSTALLATION - PAVER PATIO INSTALLATION

Category fencing, landscaping, hardscaping, patios

12/10/2018

Pat F.

Could not ask for better service. Tony responded to my initial phone voicemai within minutes and scheduled the work within 2 days. The work crew sent to our home was knowledgeable and efficient. They actually had to come here twice, because when they arrived in the early morning, the temperature was in the high 20's and the exposed portions of the system had some ice in them. They used heat guns to thaw the exposed pipes and then came back a bit later (after temps were well above freezing) to do the blowout and ensure the system was undamaged.

Description of Work
Winterization of RainBird lawn irrigation system (4 zones)

Category irrigation systems

03/15/2018

O.T. W.

Excellent! They literally picked up every twig, branch, and leaf. Yard looks great! House looks like nothing ever happened.

Description of Work
We had complete yard cleanup after storm. Also downed cable wires were put back up.

Category handyman service, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

11/05/2017

Steve L.

Toney and his team were terrific: friendly, professional, thorough, and helpful. The work was done on schedule and on budget. All the work was done beautifully and the team was excellent at cleaning up at the end of each day.

Description of Work
Work included a new front walkway, a back patio, new fences with gates, a rock garden and other plantings.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, hardscaping

08/04/2017

Brian K.

Very well! Toney was very responsive with his initial call back, is very personable and easy to work with. His crew did the job in one day and it looks great!

Description of Work
Cleaning up, laying new mulch, and splitting existing plants in neglected flower beds all around house. Planting 3 crepe myrtles with large surrounding mulch bed.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we appreciate the positive feedback!

07/23/2017

Jane L.

I haven't always had the best luck with services. But, this was the total antithesis of what I've experienced in the past. Toney is great! He was totally responsive. His guys showed up when they said they would; did the work beautifully; cleaned up after themselves; and were totally reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to use Acclaim again. It was one, actually two, of the best experiences I've ever had in home repair/maintenance.

Description of Work
First time it was for fence repair, tree and hedge trimming, relocation of downspouts, flower bed weeding, mulching and edging. The second time it was for power washing and sealing my fence. The price below is for the work done for different projects.

Category fencing, landscaping, leaf removal, mulch, tree service, pressure washing

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your loyalty and will always be there to help you.

07/02/2017

Lynn P.

they failed to respond to contact, after the initial response.

Description of Work
Needed a irrigation system installed

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

06/06/2017

Frank M.

FANTASTIC. Not only did the team working on the bathroom work quickly and efficiently, they fixed multiple issues that they uncovered along the way for a more than reasonable cost. They stayed late into one evening when they discovered some pipes were leaking to ensure the problem was solved that day. One guy came on a Saturday AND Memorial Day to work on surprise fixes that they found. And they consistently cleaned up all traces of work at the end of each day.

Description of Work
The bathroom in our master suite was mostly unusable. The previous owners "remodeled" it on the cheap and put in all of the plumbing wrong, and installed depressing dark grey granite tile all around the shower and halfway up the walls. We needed a properly working shower that wouldn't leak into the ceiling below, a toilet that allowed our feet to touch the floor, and a vanity with a double sink (existing vanity had ONE sink for a master bedroom, wth?).

Category drywall, plumbing, remodeling

04/26/2017

Michael Y.

Perfect! Not only did Acclaim do a wonderful job on the walkway they also went above and beyond updating the flower bed with more plants then were originally planned.. We were out of town when a majority of the work was completed and we came home to a wonderful new walkway and flower bed. Toney is great to work with and very accommodating and the workers that showed up were professional, polite and took pride in the work they were doing. Will definitely be calling them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Replace old brick walkway and stoop with cut flagstone. Update large flower bed between house and walkway

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

02/06/2017

Mitchell O.

Acclaim were on time for each of our meetings and conducted themselves professionally throughout the process. During the design and estimate phase, they asked lots of questions about the scope of work in order to provide a well thought through and detailed quote and ensure they had a firm idea as to the aesthetic we wanted to achieve. In our case, we were wanting modern landscaping. During project implementation, Acclaim showed that they were excellent problem solvers who worked with us to overcome unexpected challenges that naturally arise during a project of this scale. The quality of the work was excellent and met our requirements exactly. Their invoicing was very clear, they were always up front and transparent about any of the change orders we requested and, based on comparative quotes we received, they were very reasonably priced. We would be happy to work with Acclaim on our next project and recommend them to others who are looking for landscaping and design services.

Description of Work
We had a great experience working with Acclaim on our backyard remodel (Q4 2016) for downtown DC townhouse.

Category handyman service, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, plumbing, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

01/17/2017

Isaac F.

The job they did was outstanding. They were extremely punctual and friendly, not to mention the decks looks brand new! I am definitely glad that I gave them a call. Their communication was excellent and the price that I was quoted was better than I could have imagined. I would definitely use their services again or recommend them to anyone I know looking for work done at their house.

Description of Work
I asked Acclaim Home Services to clean/paint/stain the front and back porches of my home.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing

01/10/2017

Doug S.

All aspects of the job, from estimate to completion, were handled with care, quality and consideration. Every member of the Acclaim team I dealt with was patient and responsive. The work when completed was first-rate. We could not be happier and would hire Acclaim again without thinking twice.

Description of Work
Deck replacement.

Category decks

12/16/2016

Marina A.

Acclaim Home Services was very accommodating and quick to complete their service. My home had four downspouts that needed to be connected to drainpipe to carry water away from my house. They did the work in two days (which included a day of rainy weather - but they still did the work!) - this included digging, adding extra piping, and getting rid of the old drainpipe. I would recommend Acclaim Home Services as they do top-notch work with good high-touch customer service from the owner himself. They also took care of taking down large tree branches and fixing dry wall inside my home. They are knowledgeable about all facets of the home, both on the exterior and interior.

Description of Work
I had a few things that needed to be done and Acclaim Home Services was the perfect fit for the job. They are an all-encompassing landscaping and home improvement company. They were able to fix dry wall in my home that had been destroyed by a previous company, cut down large trees in my yard, install downspouts and drainage underground to filter water away from the foundation of my home.

Category drywall, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service, drain pipe

12/05/2016

Wendell H.

The fence was scheduled to take 2-3 days, but when I returned home on day 1 it was being completed. Wow. The fence is nice and we often receive compliments from friends and neighbors. The paver patio has once again allowed us to enjoy the outdoors. The pavers were reasonably priced and the job was well done.

Description of Work
I had two jobs done by Acclaim Home Services. They installed a privacy fence in my back yard and recently added a paver patio in my back yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

12/02/2016

Angela C.

This was a great service and product. We have a 20-year old home, that used to have the builder-grade original bathroom...not any more! We hired Acclaim Home Services to do a total remodel on our bathroom. I think the pictures say the thousand words, so I will focus on experiences of working with them. First of all, they have great communication. I knew exactly what was going on, when they were coming and leaving each day, and the overall schedule of construction. Any time I had a question, they had an answer and stood behind that answer. Second, they are really good at their craft. They understood how to do everything I asked/needed and consulted me along the way to make sure we were on the same page. Third, if they can't do it - for example the shower glass template, cut and installation - they have an awesome network of people who can perform the work in a timely manner. Fourth, they want to get it done right the first time. They work very efficiently to make sure things are done right, and they do not cut corners.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

12/02/2016

Angela C.

Everything went very well. Acclaim Home Services was very professional from start to finish. We are thoroughly enjoying our new bathroom! I would hire Acclaim again, I actually plan to do so for another property.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling

12/01/2016

Matthew A.

Overall Acclaim did a wonderful job. I went back and forth a lot with Toney because I did not know what I wanted the final product to be, but he was responsive and worked through my questions and opinions adding in his own professional thoughts without pushing me towards a specific solution that he chose himself. In the end we were left with a clean, refreshing side and back yard that it much more useful and aesthetically pleasing. Final picture is below, it does not do the work complete justice compared to how it looked before.

Description of Work
Redesign and rebuild of side yard. The team removed all of the old dead plants, weeds, and old concrete walkway. They then regraded, added drainage, added soil, planted new grasses and a tree, and laid sod and mulch. They also installed a a new concrete patio.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

10/24/2016

king C.

We loved our entire experience with Acclaim Home Services. Of the multiple providers we received estimates from, Toney was far and away the most knowledgeable and the most thoughtful listener and respectful partner in the process. He actually came by 3 times before the work began, first to give an estimate, second to refine the estimate after we asked about the possibility of doing something else (ultimately we decided not to do the something else after he looked again at our yard and said he wouldn't recommend it), and last to confirm everything before they got started. I cannot stress enough how much more comprehensive is his knowledge of all things landscaping and architecture than other people who do similar work, and that expertise really made a difference. Ray and Dionel did the majority of the work and they were excellent communicators as well as being overall friendly, knowledgeable and courteous professionals. The day after the project was done, but before the final walkthrough, we realized a very small area, a couple inches wide, on the back side of one of our deck posts hadn't gotten stained. Dionel returned while we were at work and took care of it immediately. In the past we have of course always hired contractors whom we liked, but then sometimes the crews the contractors sent to do the work turned out not to be especially considerate. We definitely did not have that issue here. That's not to say Toney was absent. He stopped by a couple times during the project and also met with us when it was complete. He spent time educating us on how to keep everything up, how to know when the plants need more more or less watering, when to prune, etc. It is clear he has a sense of pride in the work his team did for us, and he wants us to enjoy it for the long haul. He also reminded us that everything is under warranty, but I feel confident we won't need to invoke that. We are not interested in learning to do home maintenance or upgrades ourselves, so we've worked with A LOT of contractors in the 10 years we've lived in Alexandria. Acclaim Home Services is definitely at the very top of that list and we would recommend them without hesitation to anyone. Included is a before and after of the back yard.

Description of Work
Front and back yard landscaping. Back patio remodel.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, remodeling, tree service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, patios

10/23/2016

king C.

We loved our entire experience with Acclaim Home Services. Of the multiple providers we received estimates from, Toney was far and away the most knowledgeable and the most thoughtful listener and respectful partner in the process. He actually came by 3 times before the actual work began, first to give an estimate, second to refine the estimate after we asked about the possibility of doing something else (ultimately we decided not to do the something else after he looked again at our yard and said he wouldn't recommend it), and last to confirm everything before they got started. I cannot stress enough how much more comprehensive is his knowledge of all things landscaping and architecture than other people who do similar work, and that expertise really made a difference. Ray and Dionel did the majority of the work and they were excellent communicators as well as being overall friendly, knowledgeable and courteous professionals. The day after the project was done, but before the final walkthrough, we realized a very small area, a couple inches wide, on the back side of one of our deck posts hadn't gotten stained. Dionel returned while we were at work and took care of it immediately. In the past we have of course always hired contractors whom we liked, but then sometimes the crews the contractors sent to do the work turned out not to be especially considerate. We definitely did not have that issue here. That's not to say Toney was absent. He stopped by a couple times during the project and also met with us when it was complete. He spent time educating us on how to keep everything up, how to know when the plants need more more less watering, when to prune, etc. It is clear he has a sense of pride in the work his team did for us, and he wants us to enjoy it for the long haul. He also reminded us that everything is under warranty, but I feel confident we won't need to invoke that. We are not interested in learning to do home maintenance or upgrades ourselves, so we've worked with A LOT of contractors in the 10a years we've lived in Alexandria. Acclaim Home Services is definitely at the very top of that list and we would recommend them without hesitation to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced pavers, powerwashed and stained deck, patio and fence, landscaped front and back of our townhouse yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, deck cleaning, pressure washing, hardscaping

09/25/2016

Keina N.

The project was was completed in a timely manner and well done. Overall Acclaim Home Services was very professional, reliable, and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Acclaim Home Services removed the builder grade landscaping from my front yard and added in new items to improve the curb appeal and give me some transitional colors throughout four seasons.

Category landscaping

09/24/2016

Calvert G.

Wonderful job! The shrubs look great, and the service was super fast and professional.

Description of Work
Trimmed and reshaped large shrubs.

Category lawn service

09/22/2016

andy B.

The team over at Acclaim Home Services have done a few jobs for me now and I will continue to go back to them for the quality and professionalism. My new privacy fence has given me and my family a new back yard! Only company I have hired since moving in my house 10 years ago that was on time to work and finished the job ahead of schedule!!

Description of Work
Installed 6' privacy fence on .25 acre yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, outdoor kitchens

09/16/2016

Kathleen H.

Toney came to the house to review the yard and chat with me about all the concerns and issues I wanted to solve with the landscape plan. Taking into account the existing landscaping, our need for pet-friendly and low-maintenance plants as well as budgetary concerns he came up with a great plan that needed hardly any revision (though he was happy to do so, if required). Toney also advised me on the design choices concerning the pavers and I left the plant choices entirely to him. We agreed on what scope of work would be included in the first phase and two weeks later his team was at the house to begin the job. The team did an extremely professional work and the end result came out even better than I imagined -- I've never had so many compliments from the the neighbors. I'm very glad I didn't put it off any longer and can now enjoy the beautiful hardscaping, and look forward to working with Acclaim on the future phases of the yard work.

Description of Work
Toney Mooney initially created a landscape design for the entire yard. Once complete, we settled on what work would be done during the first phase: a hardscaped path of pavers leading to our primary entrance; a raised bed to address an irrigation issue of pooling water near the house; landscaping and plantings to connect the new work with an existing bed; and an additional mulched/planted bed in the back of the house to conceal irrigation equipment.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

09/06/2016

Corinne M.

You can clearly tell they are pros at this as it took them almost no time to remove the old ugly fence and replace it with the new fence. They also sent me pictures of design options for my approval which I really appreciated.

Description of Work
Acclaim's team removed an ugly chain link fence that was cemented into my front yard and replaced it with a beautiful wooden picket fence.

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/02/2016

Tyler M.

They did a great job, and the powerwash they did after has the front of the house looking brand new. A++ for really elevating our curb appeal!

Description of Work
Toney and his team completely redid the landscaping on the front of our home. They installed new plants and mulch, as well as borders around the beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pressure washing

Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps

Sixpenny Chimney & Air Duct Cleaning specializes in chimney cleaning and repair, air duct/dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, house cleaning, masonry work, and pressure washing. With over 31 years of experience, you can be sure you are receiving a quality service for a fair price. Call our office today to schedule an appointment at 703-491-8697!Additional contact name - Ryan Corp

Offers by Sixpenny Chimney Sweeps on Angi
    Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Landscaping, Landscape Design, Deck Installation, Fence Installation, Power Washing, Painting, Patio Installation, Masonry, Flooring, Drainage, Irrigation, Tree Removal, Remodeling & Home Cleaning