Solar Landscaping & Tree Service Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

PO BOX 707

Bristow, VA 20136

Solar Landscaping & Tree Service has served all of Northern Virginia, over the past decade and a half. With more than 30 years of experience at the helm of the business. We pride ourselves over our quality work and seamless customer experience. Affordability is never a question for our customers

05/26/2017

Susan L.

Solar and Ergil do a great job. Quickly got me a quote. Had the best price. Punctual. Practiced safety measures as tree cutting can be very dangerous. All his employees are polite. Cleaned up everything and even used a blower to get the saw dust off my lawn. I also used them a few years ago to take down a large oak tree. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed a 40 foot ash tree.

Category lawn service, tree service

04/25/2016

LaToya C.

Erghil and his team did an amazing job and my front yard landscaping looks awesome. Thank you!

Description of Work
Trimmed and pruned overgrown crab bush, 2 Cyprus trees, 2 side bushes alongside the house.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

11/02/2015

Elizabeth K.

Solar Gardens was recommended to me by a friend who does landscape design but not installation. We had moved into a house with severe water problems in the back but also non functional downspouts in the front of the house. She told me he was especially good with water problems. Jon Winter was responsive, punctual, and incredibly easy to work with. I am an experienced gardener and really felt that we collaborated on the design of the water abatement system and especially the plantings. He welcomed my input and respected what experience I had. We have a flat back yard that is bordered by a short stone wall. When it rained water would stand in the yard for over 24 hours and pool around the foundation of the house, which is a cement slab. There was damage to the floors in the back of the house from water eroding both the cement and the soil. Since the installation there is no standing water and the system seems to be working very well. The back yard was also very overgrown and full of weeds. Jon pulled out all the plants I asked him to, cut back some very overgrown plants between our house and the house behind us. He listened very well to my priorities but also made suggestions when he felt there might be a problem. He built a nice patio that has permeable joints and shunts water away from the house towards the swale. His prices are good, I think, based on other jobs I've done over the years and he does not suggest the most expensive solution or plant. I would (and have) recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed a water control system in all downspouts around the house, build a back patio and a 30' x100' swale to mitigate water problems in and around our back foundation. Installed some plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/29/2015

Na X.

Description of Work
Date of service: September 23, 2015 Cost of service: $40.00

04/02/2015

BILL B.

Ergil's company is the best. The crew showed up days earlier than was promised (which was great!) and worked steadily and without break throughout the day. All work was done in a thorough and professional manner and my expectations are always exceeded. I have used them for special projects many times in the past and they mow my lawn all summer. I could not recommend them more highly!

Description of Work
Cleaning of winter build-up of fallen branches and debris. Re-mulch several planting areas and a 75' pathway.

12/11/2014

irwin P.

They are very easy to work with, very competent , they did what they said they would do, and did it well.

Description of Work
He trimmed a bunch of trees and planted some new shrubs and removed old shrubs, and general landscaping

Category landscaping

08/19/2014

Kimberly N.

This isn't the first time we have used Ergil Solarzano's team for tree removal...this time around we lost 2 huge oaks and a large section of wood fencing. Ergil is more than reasonably priced...one of the most courteous people ever...and his team was friendly, fast, and did an awesome job...in the time promised! They cut up and removed the trees and picked up all the limbs the trees lost on their way down...AND replaced the fencing which required that the concreted in post be dug up and replaced. Are we satisfied? You betcha!!

Description of Work
Tree removal and replaced wooden fencing sections

06/25/2013

irwin P.

They were prompt, professional and helpful. Very knowledgeable in their field and kept me informed on what they were doing and the progress of the job.

Description of Work
They trimmed a few trees, regarded an area of the yard, planted bushes and cleared out a water runoff bed.

06/06/2013

Kari M.

Solar Landscaping and Tree Service have great prices and give great service. They mow, do fertilizing and a lot of other stuff.

Description of Work
They mowed my lawn.

04/15/2013

Sara C.

They arrived on time and worked until they were done. Cleaned up pretty well although it was nearly dark when they left. I chose them because they were the best price by a long shot and they came referred by a neighbor. They worked carefully and efficiently. The owner himself came and spent a lot of time on the job - he is a very nice man and appears to treat his employees with respect. I say this because employees who are treated well usually have that reflected in their work - and it shows, I would not hesitate to use them again and will probably not even bother to get estimates - I trust them that much.

Description of Work
Removed one large oak tree down to the stump and removed several large limbs from another that had not been pruned in several years.

07/13/2010

JOHN M.

I am not sure if anyone came by since I do not have an estimate from them.

Description of Work
I called them to come by and give me an estimate for tree trimming serivces. They told me someone would come by but I could not be home at that time.

12/02/2009

JO ELLEN W.

I really like Ergil -- he does not always pinpoint the time that he will be able to come out exactly, and he seems to be quite busy, but I think it is worth waiting for him. However, since I have worked with him for several years I feel that I can now trust him to do what I ask him to do without overly supervising the situation -- this last time he worked for me he picked out a beautiful tree for me that he planted (after he cut down a couple of dying trees), and did this without my being on site when he did the work, and I did not pick out the tree. Egil called me afterwards to make sure that I knew how much water the tree required and that I understood how to take care of it. Ergil has also done some work for my nephew over the years. I feel that Ergil is fair and he is always polite.

Description of Work
I have used Ergil for my tree service for several years. I've had many trees cut down due to dying, overcrowding, etc. Ergil has also planted some trees for me.

Category tree service

Hi Member I found this rating almost a year latter, thank you for your trust over the years and the many references you have given us Please call me when ever we can be of help. May God Bless You. Nora

10/20/2008

LORI S.

We scheduled an appointment for a tree service estimate for 10/18 10am for Ergil. No one showed up or called to cancel/reschedule. I expect that this must be out of the ordinary since this company has such a good Angie's List rating; but I find it unacceptable. My time is valuable and the last thing I am interested in doing is sitting at home waiting for a no show.

07/07/2008

Reed R.

He was very prompt with competitive pricing and overall our satisfaction was high.

Description of Work
He removed a four trunk tree, removed the stump and took it from our property. He also did additional tree work including pruning.

Category landscaping, tree service

Member Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent rating. We appreciate your Business very much.

06/27/2008

barbara S.

They were punctual, great and did good work. I have recommended them to several people.

Description of Work
They came out and took down three trees and ground the stumps and did all associated cleanup. They also did a fence for us.

Category fencing, tree service

Barren Tree Solutions

We specialize in tree services, tree trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, stump removal, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call - or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Weed Man Fairfax-Manassas

Weed Man Lawn Care Fairfax-Manassas, VA is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible fertilization, weed control and surface insect with grub control services. For the past 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: We treat your lawn as if it were our own and provide you with honest and open communication. Additional contact name - Christine Musselman. Additional DBA - Weed Man.

MC Fence of Fredericksburg

Call today for fencing services!

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Landscaping – Weekly Lawn Care, Seasonal Lawn Care Program, Spring & Fall Clean Up, Fertilization Schedules, Shrub & Brush Trimming, Mulching & Edging, Weeding, Pruning, Turf Renovations, & Aeration & Overseeding. Tree Service – Removal, Stump Grinding, Trimming, Pruning, Tree & Shrub Planting, Brush & Dead Wood Removal, Lot Clearing, & Raising & Lowering Crown. Hardscaping – Patios, Trails, Retaining Walls, Walkways – Concrete, Stone, & Rock, Brick & Flag Stone. Design & Construction. Firewood.