Solar Landscaping & Tree Service Inc

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

PO BOX 707

Bristow, VA 20136

Solar Landscaping & Tree Service has served all of Northern Virginia, over the past decade and a half. With more than 30 years of experience at the helm of the business. We pride ourselves over our quality work and seamless customer experience. Affordability is never a question for our customers because Solar offers the best prices while always staying competitive....

tree service (10)lawn care (6)lawn & landscaping (4)fence company (1)

05/26/2017

Solar and Ergil do a great job. Quickly got me a quote. Had the best price. Punctual. Practiced safety measures as tree cutting can be very dangerous. All his employees are polite. Cleaned up everything and even used a blower to get the saw dust off my lawn. I also used them a few years ago to take down a large oak tree. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed a 40 foot ash tree.

Category lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

04/25/2016

Erghil and his team did an amazing job and my front yard landscaping looks awesome. Thank you!

Description of Work
Trimmed and pruned overgrown crab bush, 2 Cyprus trees, 2 side bushes alongside the house.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 04/20/2016

11/02/2015

Solar Gardens was recommended to me by a friend who does landscape design but not installation. We had moved into a house with severe water problems in the back but also non functional downspouts in the front of the house. She told me he was especially good with water problems. Jon Winter was responsive, punctual, and incredibly easy to work with. I am an experienced gardener and really felt that we collaborated on the design of the water abatement system and especially the plantings. He welcomed my input and respected what experience I had. We have a flat back yard that is bordered by a short stone wall. When it rained water would stand in the yard for over 24 hours and pool around the foundation of the house, which is a cement slab. There was damage to the floors in the back of the house from water eroding both the cement and the soil. Since the installation there is no standing water and the system seems to be working very well. The back yard was also very overgrown and full of weeds. Jon pulled out all the plants I asked him to, cut back some very overgrown plants between our house and the house behind us. He listened very well to my priorities but also made suggestions when he felt there might be a problem. He built a nice patio that has permeable joints and shunts water away from the house towards the swale. His prices are good, I think, based on other jobs I've done over the years and he does not suggest the most expensive solution or plant. I would (and have) recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed a water control system in all downspouts around the house, build a back patio and a 30' x100' swale to mitigate water problems in and around our back foundation. Installed some plants.

Category landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 10/29/2015

04/02/2015

Ergil's company is the best. The crew showed up days earlier than was promised (which was great!) and worked steadily and without break throughout the day. All work was done in a thorough and professional manner and my expectations are always exceeded. I have used them for special projects many times in the past and they mow my lawn all summer. I could not recommend them more highly!

Description of Work
Cleaning of winter build-up of fallen branches and debris. Re-mulch several planting areas and a 75' pathway.

Work Completed On 04/02/2015

12/11/2014

They are very easy to work with, very competent , they did what they said they would do, and did it well.

Description of Work
He trimmed a bunch of trees and planted some new shrubs and removed old shrubs, and general landscaping

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

08/19/2014

This isn't the first time we have used Ergil Solarzano's team for tree removal...this time around we lost 2 huge oaks and a large section of wood fencing. Ergil is more than reasonably priced...one of the most courteous people ever...and his team was friendly, fast, and did an awesome job...in the time promised! They cut up and removed the trees and picked up all the limbs the trees lost on their way down...AND replaced the fencing which required that the concreted in post be dug up and replaced. Are we satisfied? You betcha!!

Description of Work
Tree removal and replaced wooden fencing sections

Work Completed On 08/16/2014

06/25/2013

They were prompt, professional and helpful. Very knowledgeable in their field and kept me informed on what they were doing and the progress of the job.

Description of Work
They trimmed a few trees, regarded an area of the yard, planted bushes and cleared out a water runoff bed.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 05/01/2013

06/06/2013

Solar Landscaping and Tree Service have great prices and give great service. They mow, do fertilizing and a lot of other stuff.

Description of Work
They mowed my lawn.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/05/2013

04/15/2013

They arrived on time and worked until they were done. Cleaned up pretty well although it was nearly dark when they left. I chose them because they were the best price by a long shot and they came referred by a neighbor. They worked carefully and efficiently. The owner himself came and spent a lot of time on the job - he is a very nice man and appears to treat his employees with respect. I say this because employees who are treated well usually have that reflected in their work - and it shows, I would not hesitate to use them again and will probably not even bother to get estimates - I trust them that much.

Description of Work
Removed one large oak tree down to the stump and removed several large limbs from another that had not been pruned in several years.

Work Completed On 12/01/2012

07/13/2010

I am not sure if anyone came by since I do not have an estimate from them.

Description of Work
I called them to come by and give me an estimate for tree trimming serivces. They told me someone would come by but I could not be home at that time.

Work Completed On 07/06/2010

Landscaping – Weekly Lawn Care, Seasonal Lawn Care Program, Spring & Fall Clean Up, Fertilization Schedules, Shrub & Brush Trimming, Mulching & Edging, Weeding, Pruning, Turf Renovations, & Aeration & Overseeding. Tree Service – Removal, Stump Grinding, Trimming, Pruning, Tree & Shrub Planting, Brush & Dead Wood Removal, Lot Clearing, & Raising & Lowering Crown. Hardscaping – Patios, Trails, Retaining Walls, Walkways – Concrete, Stone, & Rock, Brick & Flag Stone. Design & Construction. Firewood.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check