Advantage Septic Service LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2008

10302 Bristow Center Drive #160

Bristow, VA 20136

Advantage Septic Service has been servicing the septic cleaning and repair needs of both residential and commercial customers since 1997. We’re very proud of a long standing reputation for our honesty, fair pricing and reliability. Cleaning and repairing of septic, pumps and car wash tanks.

08/06/2020

Susan L.

It went as scheduled. They were very reasonable in pricing compared to other companies. He was on time & called ahead that he was on his way. I wish the worker kept the sod/grass on top when he was finished.

Description of Work
Drain my septic field.

10/31/2018

Matthew P.

Had Advantage pump out our septic system in 2012. In 2017, called around and found they still offered the best price. Both times it's been as easy as giving them a call. First time, we were home and the operator took time to explain everything to us. Second time, we weren't even home. Haven't had any issues at all, and recommended Advantage to our neighbors.

Description of Work
Septic system cleanout

03/03/2018

melinda S.

Excellent, service as it should be.

Description of Work
Septic backup & pump

07/05/2017

Michael P.

Truck lacked sufficient horsepower to pump over a distance and slight uphill.

Description of Work
Pump out of Septic Tanks

04/23/2017

Radford P.

I had received a notice from the county saying my septic tank was overdue for pumping. I had recently purchased the house and was told this had been done, apparently it had not. After searching around on Angies List, I decided on Advantage Septic Service. From beginning to end they were very professional. The told me that I didn't have to be home for them to pump, which was a nice plus. They came out on the day arrived and pumped 1500 Gallons out. I had asked ahead of time if they also file with the county to let the county know and they do. I followed up on everything and they did all they said they would. It was NOT a crappy experience (couldn't resist :) ) I will hired them again when the time comes around.

Description of Work
Septic Tank Pump

Category septic tank

Thank you Mr [Member Name Removed]! We strive to provide excellent service to our clients. We are happy to hear that you felt we met our goal. Please refer us to your family and friends.

02/24/2015

Bobbie B.

I was quoted $850 over the phone by Gail and asked to send an email to set up a date and time. Sent the email and also expressed that being in a contract situation we were limited on how long we could wait for an inspection. No response at all to the email after 36 hours; left 2 messages on the office number and 2 on Gail's cell phone over 2 days; no response, even though I stressed the urgency of it and said to let me know even if you can't do it, just any response, but nothing. I would not recommend this company whatsoever in that they are non-responsive whatsoever.

Description of Work
I'm a real estate agent who called this company to have a septic inspection done on one of my listings in Reston after seeing the reviews here.

11/26/2014

Patty B.

I called for a price quote for servicing our septic tank and they gave me an exact price of $215. I was happy that this price did not change after they serviced our tank but remained as quoted. They were prompt, on time, and they cleaned our filter. The reason I'm pleased with their service is because the two previous times that I've used other companies, the price has doubled and I ended up paying $400 and $500. I will call Advantage Septic again when I need service.

Description of Work
Advantage Septic removed the sludge from my septic tank.

06/22/2014

PHILIP K.

I have sent messages to the company through Angie's List, through their website, and made numerous attempts to call (both numbers listed on your site and on their website). When (703) 963-7099 answering machine answered, I left messages 2-3 times. NO RESPONSE FROM THE WEBSITE MESSAGES OR FROM THE TELEPHONE MESSAGE. ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS??? IF SO, HOW??? HOW DID THEY GET TOP RATINGS ON ANGIE'S LIST? Phil Kent 703-431-8609

Description of Work
Nothing!

06/03/2014

Lin S.

They arrived on time and performed the service as quoted.

Description of Work
Septic tank cleaned

05/23/2014

ALAN A.

Bryan and Jeremy showed up around 8'ish (which I appreciated). I have an alternate (Puraflow) septic system with two tanks: Trash and pump, and had asked they both be serviced. Jeremy inspected both, and said the pump tank looked clean. He recommended that only the trash tank be serviced. His advice saved me around $200 (and cut what I had expected to pay in half). Service was quick, efficient, and professional. I think this is the third time I used Advantage Septic Service LLC. As usual, I checked them out on Angie's list to make sure their service hadn't changed (and Angie's list confirmed it hadn't). Honest advice that actually saves you money is hard to find. They are my "Go to guys" for septic service. If there were a higher rating than "A" for professionalism, I would have given it to these guys.

Description of Work
Serviced my septic system tanks.

05/16/2014

Lee W.

Advantage was selected based on the strength of their Angie's List reviews. We are happy to report that they showed up on time and did an excellent job of draining our septic tank. They advised us of the condition of the septic tank at the beginning and end of their process. It's reassuring to know that everything is functioning properly. They used the route that we preferred for their pump lines, and left the property perfectly tidy. In addition, their price of $215 for this excellent service was slightly less than the $220 and $230 prices that we were quoted by other companies. We will use Advantage in the future and are happy to recommend them.

Description of Work
Excellent work on septic tank draining job.

04/11/2014

Lorrie G.

No service provided

Description of Work
I spent my time reading through the reviews looking to hire. After I called I was abruptly told they don't service Fauquier county. So despite their claim of providing service to Fauquier county save your time and effort they don't!

03/07/2014

Melissa M.

Fantastic. They are professional and do a wonderful job. The tech taught me that you always go and look to make sure that everything has been sucked out (he said some companies have actually put it back in so they don't have to pay the dump fee) and to also flush all of my toilets after the service. I love this company!

Description of Work
Septic tank cleaning.

02/13/2014

MARGARET C.

The technician, jeremy, showed up on time. It took him 45 minutes in the freezing rain to find the tank. The whole time he was very patient, congenially explaining the process and answering all my questions. I was very pleased. They charged the quoted price - there was no surcharge for the extra time spent to locate the tank.

Description of Work
Neighbors recommended two other septic companies for pumping out the spetic tank but I selected advantage because they had better ratings on angies list and I'm glad I did. Scheduler said it was not a problem that I did not know the location of the tank and setup an appointment for the next day.

12/21/2013

Brian A.

Steve and Mike were life savers. Thanks!

Description of Work
Had Steve and his son Mike come out to evaluate our septic system when we noticed sewage in the yard. They were able to come out on short notice and recommended numerous repairs (replace failed pump, wiring) and code corrections (placing wiring inside a box and so forth). The work was done the following day and we've had no problems since.

11/21/2013

Lisa P.

Very punctual and professional service. Would recommend this company highly and we'll use them again in the future!

Description of Work
inspected and pumped out septic tank

09/14/2013

James G.

I selected Advantage based upon its excellent reviews in Angie's List. It was an excellent decision. From the phone call to set up the appointment until the time Jeremy left our home one week later, my experience with Advantage was excellent. Jeremy arrived well within the time window I was given. He was careful with our shrubs and in a relatively short time completed the job. His comments about the operation and care of our septic system were spot on and much appreciated. He also pointed out that the concrete lid on our lift pump tank was beginning to crack and should be monitored for any signs of failure. I would not likely have noticed this and if pieces of that very heavy lid should ever fall into the tank, it would damage both the pumps and possibly the piping ... a few expensive mistake. I also asked him about installing a riser on the sewage collection tank to keep the lid from being buried by mulch. He provided me the necessary specifications and I have since called Advantage to schedule the installation of this riser. Everyone I dealt with at Advantage was friendly, professional and very helpful. I would highly recommend their services to anyone needing same. These guys really care about the customer and take pride in their work ... and it shows!

Description of Work
Pump out septic tank

09/08/2013

Laurel I.

Technician arrived on time. He had no problem locating the buried tank, digging it up, and pumping it out. He finished in a very reasonable amount of time and was able to position the truck so it was off the lawn. He was very polite and informative. Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Septic clean-out

06/17/2013

Laurel P.

Fantastic! Gail, Steve and his son-in-law (didn't catch his name), were awesome. Services were delivered as promised. They were on time, thorough and done in no time flat. I really appreciate how quickly they responded to my request and how thorough Steve was in explaining to me what I have. (I'm a new homeowner that never had a septic system before.) Their entire operation from the office to the field is well run and they make you feel like family! Would recommend them in a heartbeat without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replaced all of the floats for the septic pump.

06/10/2013

Ken H.

Polite young man came out at appointed time and pumped out the septic tank. Quick, clean and then done. Thank you.

Description of Work
Cleaned out spectic tank

02/11/2013

John T.

I contacted Advantage after my septic alarm went off due to heavy rains from Sandy. When the techniian came out, he inspected the float system, then pumped out both the tank and pump chamber. They arrived as promised, and completed the work in a professional manner.

Description of Work
System inspection and pump out

12/29/2012

Jill A.

Came out very quickly and established that one pump had failed and the other was not fully working. Both pumps were replaced within days. Very efficient. Everyone we dealt with at the company was helpful and courteous.

Description of Work
Septic field pump failed.

12/20/2012

Timothy M.

The experience was as good as cleaning a septic tank could be. Got a real person on the phone, worked with me for a date so I could be there, arrived at the correct time, did not drive on lawn, cleaned tank quickly and thoroughly, used a plastic sheet and returned all dirt and grass properly.

Description of Work
cleaned out the septic tank

05/30/2012

Cindy D.

No services were ever performed. If they are no longer taking new business, they should change their message.

Description of Work
I called to obtain an estimate and left a message for the company to return my call. It's been weeks and I have not received a call back.

05/29/2012

Sean O.

Showed up same day, disgnosed the problem and recommended a few options. I picked one and they were done in two hours. They also explained septic system operation and explained ways to improve performance--I ws well satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced burnt out septic pump with a larger model.