Davis Chimney Service

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2010

19486 Brandy Rd

Brandy Station, VA 22714

Davis Chimney, LLC offers a no mess guarantee. Chimney cleaning is a dirty job, but when we are done you wont even know we were there. With our trained technicians we specialize in solving chimney problems that other companies can't figure out.

12/31/2021

Ian M.

They were scheduled to come out TWICE and NO SHOWED both times. The second time he sent me a text at 11:59 saying he wasn't coming when his window was from 10-12. He never even texted, called or emailed. My wife had changed her plans for both days solely to wait around for him and he didn't have the courtesy to even contact us the first time and the second time was 1 minute before his window was up. I even emailed the girl in the office about it several times after the second no show and she wouldn't respond. Quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever dealt with for any company. Clearly they care about themselves first and you a distant second. They'll maybe get the job done whenever they feel like showing up, not when they have actually told you they are showing up. Its completely disrespectful.

Description of Work
Chimney damper installation

Category chimney caps

11/10/2020

Lee E.

It went great. They texted to let us know that they had fallen behind and would be a little late which I really appreciated. Then, when they arrived, they inspected the chimney and stated that it didn't need to be cleaned and only charged us for the inspection. They also let us know that the brick on the chimney needed some repair and they'd be happy to come back and do the work for us. I will be calling them again to do those repairs. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

09/11/2020

James B.

I have used Davis Chimney Service in the past and always had a great experience. Something has gone wrong with their way of doing business. First, very hard to get a hold of, numerous phone calls went unanswered. Second, when I did get an appointment scheduled, they neither showed up, nor called to advise they were not coming. Lastly, after emailing them reference the missed work, they were quick to reschedule and even sent me an email confirmation. My mistake for giving them the benefit of the don't- THEY FAILED TO SHOW A SECOND TIME, no phone call, crickets on their end. Give them the respect they give their customers- NONE. Never use them.

Description of Work
Chimney and dryer vent cleaning

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

11/20/2018

Steve S.

Jason came out on the day agreed. Super professional and impeccably clean. This job has the potential to be a disaster if done carelessly. Jason works in a calm methodical manner and is spotless. Will be hiring these guys every year from now on.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and stove pipe replacement

11/18/2017

Glenn S.

I had them come out and sweep my chimney on 08/31/17 for the cost of $148.00. They did a good job and told me I needed additional work done. We paid for on 08/31/17 2 bags of Creosote remove for the cost of $48.00 that they said would be delivered in 2 days.As of today we have still not received them. They gave me a estimate for $385.00 to have additional work done we schedule it for 10/30/17 between the hours of 1-3 pm. As the did not show up I called them and was told they would get in touch with the guy that was coming out and call me back. As of today 11/18/17 we are still waiting for the call back and I have still not received my 2 bags that I paid for.

Description of Work
I had them come out to seep my chimney.

11/13/2017

Deanna L.

Davis Chimney is awesome. They were on time. They did a great job cleaning my chimney and were extremely careful about not getting my house dirty. Jason also took time to give me an estimate for work on a different chimney. I felt their prices were very fair. I will definitely have them back for future work.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning.

05/11/2017

Bill H.

He came when he said, on short notice, did the job with no fuss at a reasonable price. He furnished one screen I had the other.

Description of Work
Needed chimney screens put in on high, hard to get to, chimney.

Category chimney caps

11/14/2016

Charles H.

Excellent. I have used Davis for about 10 years and am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Clean and repair of chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

07/13/2016

Courtney W.

He was very polite and answered all of my questions (related to his services and not.) His prices were incredibly competitive and his availability was great. I appreciated how thorough he was and his cleanliness. Through inspection, he was able to see that the top of our chimney had water damage and was in need of repair before it became a huge issue.

Description of Work
We needed our chimney cleaned out, which also entailed wasp nest removal which was embedded inside.

01/28/2016

Jason P.

Prompt arrival, services completed as requested and expected. Clean - no mess.

Description of Work
Clean & Inspect Chimney

01/22/2016

Kate W.

They arrived on time, were totally prepared to do the job we had requested, did it professionally and efficiently and cleaned up everything when they were finished.

Description of Work
We had three very tall chimneys and four fireplaces cleaned. We had a chimney-top damper put on the chimney that has a gas fireplace and we had the three chimneys sealed.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/13/2016

Jay S.

We first used Davis Chimney to just sweep and clean our chimney and fire place. They were always on time, professional and cleaned up after their work. All word was done within the estimated timeframes and costs. After a contractor failed to complete their work on our house, we asked if they would power wash our home and again, they were reasonable, on time, professional and cleaned up after the work was done. We then asked if they would power wash and stain our deck. They gave us an estimate that was again reasonable and were on time, professional, and cleaned up after the work. This year, I asked them to power wash and check the deck and after they power washed the deck and stated that they did not think it needed to be re-stained for another year. We will continue to work with them in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned our chimney and fire place. We have also had this business power wash our home and about 2 years ago, we had them power wash and stain our deck.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, deck cleaning

12/23/2015

Kathleen H.

He did an excellent job, very quickly, and seemed very knowledgeable and professional. The charge was very reasonable, considering he brought another workman, and made a fairly long trip to get here. He also assured us that if there were any problems, he would be happy to return even though the guarantee on the long-installed cap had expired. The only drawbacks were a bit of delay in getting hold of him, and that he could have made better contact on the day of the appointment. For chimney needs, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him again.

Description of Work
We had some masonry work done on the chimney by another company, which was very well done, and at the end we asked him to put a cap on the chimney since the old damper had fallen apart and was hard to replace. He did all the work except the final touches of securing the wire and spring inside the chimney, but then disappointed us by not returning, in spite of phone calls. After more than a year, we got in touch with Jason to come out and complete the job.

12/10/2015

Christina H.

Jason was flexible with scheduling, and replied promptly to communications. He arrived when scheduled, and used blankets and tarps to protect the floors. He was mindful of my pets. I was very pleased and scheduled another visit to clean out the dryer vent which hasn't been serviced in quite some time. He returned a few days later, and spotted some major leak issues with my neighbor's property (with whom we share a wall), and courteously helped her out to identify the source of the leak. I was very satisfied with his service, and will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned the chimney, dryer vent service

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

08/20/2015

Patrick M.

Went great. He cleaned and repaired the existing chimney and addressed ventilation issues that existed.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney

07/11/2015

Lyn S.

Excellent customer service. Will use for all chimney needs.

Description of Work
Propmt appointment. Had a cancellation called me to reschedule for 2 days earlier than originally thought. Cleaned wood stove chimney. Found the leak where water was coming from and sealed it. Very professional.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

04/07/2015

Kami F.

Went well. Protected my flooring while the work was going on.

Description of Work
Inspection and cleaning of chimney. Cost is for cleaning of chimney only.

02/04/2015

Guy D.

They dissuaded me from doing anything with the chimney. We were getting a nasty smell from the chimney. The chimney had been absorbing some water. He had some advice on how to deal with that. He was honest. My recollection is that he came out like a couple of days after i called him.

Description of Work
I used Davis Chimney Service.

11/06/2014

Lenna S.

Jason was very helpful and thorough and respectful. He explained everything to us, including showing us detailed photos of the cracked chimney cap. He was happy to work with another contractor who was already on site. He was very pleasant to work with, and we would definitely work with him again.

Description of Work
The fireplace had an existing wood stove that was of questionable value. Davis inspected it, removed it from the house for us, inspected the chimney and flue health. They also replaced the concrete chimney cap and resealed it for us. they also sealed the brick to ensure no future degradation.

10/25/2014

Glenn S.

Work preformed in timely manner. Cleaned up after work. Recommendation of the cap and dampner proved to be an excellent decision as with the first fire of the season we've had in the fireplace seemed to draw much better and burn hotter providing better heat to the room from the fireplace. We can see where the cap will keep moisture out of chimney lining keeping the liner dry and extending the life of the chimney.

Description of Work
Swept and cleaned chimney and fireplace. Recommended a chimney cap and dampner be installed which we chose to have done.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

08/11/2014

Lenna S.

Jason was super flexible, easy to deal with, quick, professional, and thorough. He was there when he said he would be there and did great work. He took photos of the chimney cap to show us it was cracked, and explained everything in detail. I have no point of reference for the cost because we haven't had chimney work done before, but for what they did it seemed very reasonable! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
They cleaned out an old chimney, removed a wood stove, replaced the cement chimney cap, and sealed the whole exterior of the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

07/11/2014

Mark R.

Never made contact or got a call back.

Description of Work
could not make contact! Called several times. Left message. Finally, on last call when it came to the message, notified that the voice mail box was full and hung up!

05/29/2014

Melissa S.

They were done and out within ten minutes. They're very cordial. It was a really good experience. It took a couple of minutes to make the arrangements. They were in and out within 15 minutes to answer all my questions.

Description of Work
I have used Davis Chimney Service.

09/30/2013

Jennifer L.

Service and customer care was great!

Description of Work
Moved into our new house and has 2 fireplaces and chimneys hadn't been swept in a while.

12/14/2012

Daryl C.

Showed up on time and worked very hard to get the yard finished by the end of the day. Came back the next day to remove the rest of the debris.

Description of Work
Raked and removed all the leaves in the yard. Bagged and removed all debris.

Category chimney sweep, lawn service

AV CONSTRUCTIONLLC

we do stamp concrete, slap, driveways, patios, footings, mostly anything that deals with concrete. we have been in business for over 15 years got great experience workers with the purpose of keeping the customer satisfied.

Virginia Tree Specialist, LLC

Virginia Tree Specialist can provide you with the maximum experience in hazardous removals, and all phases of tree care. We are a state of the art company, and have all necessary equipment to service your tree care needs.

Darinel's Tree Service

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tree services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Chimney sweep, repair and replacement of gutter, dryer vent cleaning, fireplaces, firewood, masonry, lawn & yard work, concrete pouring, stamped & decorative, deck maintenance, decks & porches, driveways, roof, snow removal, tree & hauling.