Hometown Windows

Virginia: Contractors
12/31/2022

Cobble Lane

Bent Mountain, VA 24059

Replacement windows - wood and vinyl, siding, doors, and gutters. EPA Lead-Safe Certified, Licensed, Insured. Nearly 20 years in the replacement window, door, siding, etc. industry. Call us today for a free in-home estimate and ask about affordable energy efficiency features!...

window replacement (10)door installation (2)decks & porches (2)siding companies (1)gutter repair (1)

07/30/2020

Dave W.

Jimmy Chris and Jeff were great just like all the other folks said. Replaced some old wood windows and storm windows with the Vinyl by Design windows. The windows have made it warmer in winter and cooler in summer and a lot quieter. Professional job. They had to cut one window through stucco, put in the new window and did a fine job of the trim work.

Description of Work
Replace old windows

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

04/20/2020

Randolph B.

Jimmy and his crew were very professional! Job was completed in one day and we are extremely happy with the results. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

07/26/2019

David S.

The 3 man crew were excellent. The window replacement occurred during one very long day. They repaired and reconfigured the sun room over the next four days. They were efficient, courteous and kept the job site clean at the end of every day. Very pleased with the work performed. Recommended.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and sun room modification

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Review for Hometown Windows - Cobble Lane, Bent Mountain, VA - 38007709

02/28/2019

Ricky O.

The job flowed smoothly from beginning to end. The two installers, Chris and Jeff, were very courteous and professional at all times. They explained the process before they began, as well as during the process.

Description of Work
I had all new replacement windows installed.

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Review for Hometown Windows - Cobble Lane, Bent Mountain, VA - 37737814

01/11/2019

Eddie W.

I could brag on these guys for hours. Jimmy, Chris and Jeff were all 3 the very most professional contractors I have EVER worked with. I would NEVER recommend anyone other than these guys. Save your time and energy shopping around if you want a professional job done contact them. you can also contact me at 540-793-4131.

Description of Work
replaced 22 windows

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

01/09/2019

Lisa K.

Can’t say enough about the quality, professionalism, politeness, and work efficiency of Jim and his workers, Chris and Jeff. They were attentive to detail and answered and explained the questions I had. Several neighbors seemed impressed with their work and stopped by to talk to them. Neighbors are now considering having Hometown Windows do work on their houses.

Description of Work
Windows replaced and new doorframe

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

01/06/2019

Dane W.

Outstanding results. High quality Sherwood double-glazed windows replaced the original leaky windows. Great communication up front with Jimmy Pedigo (owner) to include being provided a sample color panel from the factory to ensure interior the interior window frame was correct. Jimmy also came out during the installation fo ensure everything was going well. Installation by Jeff and Chris included lead-safe procedures, removal and disposal of all the old storm and original windows, sealing the window frames on the inside to keep our house clean and always (I mean always) removing dirty footgear before coming in the house. Jeff and Chris' new window installation was flawless. And that's saying something given the almost 110 years this house has had to settle, twist and bow. They trued up each window, shimmed and tested functionality of each double-hung window in a very short amount of time. Obvious they've been working together for a long time. Of note, they discovered water intrusion in a tricky corner of the house and their new installation approach with the "aluminum window frame wrap" and caulking technique should put an end to the leaks. In addition, their aluminum wrap approach would make any window look good. Finally, Jeff took the time to demonstrate how best to operate the windows, especially teaching us the best way to release the top of the windows to fold them in for easy cleaning. Clean-up of the end of each workday (2-day job) was complete and thorough. No waste was left. I'd buy from Hometime Windows again without hesitation. In fact...I'd make sure Jeff and Chris were the installers.

Description of Work
Replace 12 Windows on circa 1910 Farm House

Work Completed On 01/06/2019

Review for Hometown Windows - Cobble Lane, Bent Mountain, VA - 37641536

12/07/2018

Steve B.

Professional installation- installers were very polite, efficient, cleaned everything up inside and out. Beautiful windows and door.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and sliding glass door

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

11/29/2017

Jason C.

I don’t often do reviews. I found trying to research replacement windows online to be quite the chore and I hope to help guide others if they are in a similar situation. I did a lot of research into window brands. I now know more about windows then I ever wanted to. Once you were able to compare apples to apples by brand name and model numbers a few things came to light for me. All window manufacturers think they are the best. Lifetime warranties are not lifetime in many cases (You must read the fine print). Installation matters a lot. Service after the sale also matters a lot. I decided to get 3 quotes including Window World as they seem to be the benchmark for pricing everywhere. Not only was Hometown Windows prices competitive, the window they offered was better than most, had a real lifetime warranty including glass breakage and had experienced installers. I eliminated one installer because the windows he offered didn’t have true lifetime warranties (he said he would honor it for life but I like knowing the manufacturer will stand behind their products). I eliminated WW because of the great detail and service Hometown Windows gave me in the bidding process and I liked the product offered at Hometown Windows more. I liked that the owner Jimmy would answer the phone when I called. He also answered my emails quickly. I had a lot of questions and I appreciated him getting me every answer I wanted. Some people may not like that he is a smaller company compared to WW. I do. I like that the owner is involved in the process. There were a few very minor things that needed to be addressed after the install and he came out himself quickly to take care of the problem. That is a service level I really appreciate. The installation crew was also fantastic. They were fast and clean. They had a great eye for detail. The windows have been in for about two months now and everything is great so far. I am very happy and would recommend Hometown Windows to anyone. I will do my best update my review if something ever changes.

Description of Work
24 replacement windows.

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

11/09/2017

Randy A.

Jimmy is extremely picky about the quality of the work. The door came from the manufacturer with a defect, and instead of just replacing the one panel he ordered a new door. Great follow up.

Description of Work
Replaced sliding door and wrapped another door.

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

05/13/2016

Gary J.

On our first meeting Jimmy Pedigo arrived at my home on time and was very professional. I explained what we wanted and went over every option and explained the best way to accomplish what we wanted at the best price. I wanted a darker color of siding than he knew exisited and after a phone call he informed me of a new shade of grey that had just come on the market, It was perfect. Two days later he had aquired a sample piece of the siding and we met and signed a contract. Jimmy is the most knowlegeble person I have spoke with about windows and siding.every single question I had was answered honestly and professionally. All windows and siding were ordered and work was started about three weeks later after materials arrived. The first day of work I met the crew and was instantly astonished at how quickly and meticulously they worked. The windows were installed in one day, and they were installed perfectly. these men are true craftsmen and are masters of their trade. every scrap of debris was cleaned up and you would never have known they were in the house except now we had brand new windows. The next day work began on the siding. All I can say is wow. every day our house was transformed into something new and beautiful. when I came home from work I thought I was on the wrong street. Jimmy Pedigos crew were the most professional and courteous group of people ever. Every day they would ask me to walk around and let them know if I saw anything that was not to my satisfaction. If I had a question it was immediately answered and taken care of. We have had a lot of rain lately and on one day they showed up and continued working inside our screen porch having to go out constantly for more material or tools. The job was completed in two weeks which blew me away because there was a lot of of cutting and bending. Attention to detail means a lot to me, I am a former fighter jet mechanic in the USAF. Every concieveable detail was taken care of and we now have a whole new house. Me and my wife are so excited and pleased at the the new house that Hometown siding has given us. We are truly blessed to have gotten to know Jimmy Pedigo and his awesome crew. They are truly fantastic people. When the work was completed me and my wife and Jimmy and his wife walked around the house and were awestruck at how beautiful a job they had done.I would very highly recommend Hometown Siding for your future siding and window needs. They are top notch in my book. Thank you and God bless you.

Description of Work
Installed 14 windows of various sizes, installed insulation and new vinyl siding, another crew installed guttering and downspouts.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/10/2016

Wood & Vinyl Replacement Windows, Doors, Siding, & Gutters.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check