THE TOP JEWELERS

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2010

2502 COLUMBIA PIKE

Arlington, VA 22204

The Top Jewelers is a jewelry store in Arlington, VA specializing in engagement rings, custom jewelry, remodeling, refurbishing, jewelry repairs and more....

02/12/2018

Siri M.

Beautiful work, quickly done!

Description of Work
I needed to have the prongs on my wedding ring built back up.

12/04/2017

k C.

Ring was delivered as promised and engraved accurately. Pricing seemed to be fair.

Description of Work
Bought a wedding band for husband (original ring was lost) and had it engraved.

05/01/2017

Margaret S.

Michael took a loose opal we'd bought on our honeymoon and turned it into a really stunning pendant that's a lovely memory of a great trip. He was very easy to work with, has an excellent eye for detail, and a real talent (plus a great deal of patience in responding to questions). We're very lucky to have found him, and highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Custom setting for a loose opal.

04/26/2017

Beth S.

Very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Jewelry repair

02/21/2017

Seamus L.

Service was quick, courteous, and professional. Would absolutely go back again.

Description of Work
Needed an engagement ring that was set with a family heirloom diamond.

03/22/2016

Lucia S.

01/28/2016

Alejandra A.

Very well! Perfect job. Very informative, fair price, quick service and super professional. Would go there again!

Description of Work
They resized my husband's wedding band that was his grandfathers and also engraved it.

01/13/2016

Roberta W.

The rings are beautiful and just what we wanted. When he was working on my ring, Mr. Lao called me with a few more questions to be sure he was doing what I wanted. And did he ever! The work was professionally and timely done, and we would recommend Top Jewelers to anyone because their name says it all.

Description of Work
I originally brought in an engraved baby spoon that belonged to my daughter. I wanted my granddaughter's initials put on the spoon underneath my daughter's. Mr. Lao did the work so well and was so gracious, that my fiance and I began talking to him about wedding rings. We came back several weeks later and each of us ordered a ring which he specially made. My ring took some doing because I have an engagement ring in the shape of a "V" and wanted him to "snuggle" the wedding band into that shape and insert two small diamonds on each part of the "V".

11/25/2015

Gregory B.

09/03/2015

Julia B.

He did a super job and we were so pleased with the final product. He was helpful in walking us through the processes of combining the gold from the ring and the diamonds from the earring. We felt he was very up front and honest about the cost and pick-up date. The ring was ready ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Used the gold from my wedding band to create a new ring that incorporated small diamonds from a pair of earrings I owned.

02/11/2015

Frieda A.

Ring hasn't fit right for 17 years. It was re-sized once by a different jeweler, and still didn't fit. Went to Top Jewelers and the owner said that he could either re-size the ring with a machine, or he would need to cut the ring. He gave us the range of prices for both options. He also noticed the inscription in the ring and wrote it down; that way if he cut the ring he would re-inscribe it. Luckily it did not need to be cut. His estimate was higher than the actual cost of the re-sizing of the ring so there was no cost surprises. The work was completed timely.

Description of Work
Re-sized wedding ring

Category jewelry stores

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review [name removed]. In addition we offer a 2 week trial period in which if the ring needs more adjustment I will take care of it complimentary to ensure you recieve the service you pay for (ring sizing). Furthermore, the estimate is also less because I did not have to re engrave the ring either. We appreciate your business. Regards, Michael

10/23/2014

Tara G.

Description of Work
I brought several items of jewelry for repair, nothing individually costing more than $200 or $300. The technician/sales person was the only employee in the store and it seems as though he did the work himself. Most things were simple, removing links from a watch, new posts for drop earrings that were broken, and replacing a broken clasp on a gold necklace. They also expertly repaired my sapphire and diamond tennis bracelet, which had a lot of sentimental value. It took about a week for them to complete the repairs, I thought the cost of the repairs was reasonable. I will definitely go back.

07/02/2014

Deborah D.

I started going here because of their good reviews on other websites. I can't recall the main jeweler's name, but he knows what he's talking about (I have dealt with a woman who was helping out there, and she was not as informed; she had to call him). His prices are fair and the work is done in just a few days. I had one ring that another vendor tried to charge me $70 to resize; he charged me $17. He was able to fix both of my great Aunt's antique watches, which I love wearing. I have my long-term go-to jeweler in him.

Description of Work
I've had these guys do it all: replace lost stones in my engagement ring, fix antique watches, resize rings

Category jewelry stores

[member name remove], thank you for sharing your experience with us. we are very happy to hear about your satisfaction. Michael

05/27/2014

Corey M.

Great neighborhood jewelry store. Very friendly, kind, polite and helpful. No sales pitches or pressure. Very efficient fitting and selection process. Reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Sold wedding band

05/08/2014

Matthew P.

They did a pretty good job. The price wasn't too much - I would say it was reasonable or competitive. I asked them not to polish the ring but they did so when I went to pick it up, I had to have them remove the polish. I could still kind of see the line where they cut it on the bottom when they resized it. I don't have anything to compare it to but that is the only thing I would say about the quality.

Description of Work
They resized one ring.

03/17/2014

Beth and Paul T.

I recently lost some weight and my wedding band was falling off my hand. I brought my platinum band to Top Jewelers for a resize from 10 1/4 to 9 1/2 after measuring my finger. They recomended that I go smaller on my ring size but I was concerned it would be too tight so I opted to only go down 3/4 of a size. The initial quote for the service was $89 and was given an estimate of a few business days to perform the resize. I received a call the next day to tell me the band was ready. When I picked it up, I was told that my ring did not need to be cut and so the service was only $79. When I tried the band on, it still felt too big on me, but they gave me an assurance that I can come back within two weeks to have it resized again free of charge if I was not satisfied with the sizing (even though it was my idea to go bigger). I went home and after about an hour I realized that I indeed went too big on the ring and went back to Top Jewelers to have them resize it again. They worked with me while I was there to make sure I got the fit right and now it fits absolutely perfect. I ended needing to go down to a size 8 1/2 and I had no idea. Great place. Awesome quick service. Convenient to get to on Columbia Pike in Arlington. Easy and free parking in front. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Description of Work
Resize a men's platinum wedding band

09/15/2011

Iris T.

Great experience, as always! I've been going to them for years for watch purchases and repairs. Fair prices, really nice family, and they do everything in-house. Instead of the two weeks that I was told from the store where my ring was purchased, they promised 3-day turnaround and called me to let me know it was ready after 2-days. Workmanship was perfect, and bought a nice pair of gold earrings to match while I was there.

Description of Work
I went in to get a ring re-sized, and also bought earrings.

Category jewelry stores

Thank you very Much Member. Enjoy your earrings and please visit us again!
    Jewelry Sales/Design/Repair

Jewelry Repairs, Watch Repairs, Engraving, custom design, remodeling, resetting,and refurbishing. We also provide a full line of jewelry from pendant, earrings, and engagement rings/ wedding bands.

Ask for Details.