Mendez Painting Services LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2013

We are family owned & operated. We provide custom painting for the interior and exterior of your home and your drywall needs as well as General remodeling projects. We specialize in providing exceptional customer service and have over 19 years experience. No subs are used. No job is too big or too

2022 Super Service Award

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

house painting (186)interior painting (126)woodworking (43)drywall (36)handyman (26)pressure washing (25)plastering (11)hardwood floors (11)door installation (10)deck cleaning (8)wallpaper removal (8)basement waterproofing (6)

12/28/2022

David F.

He was fast and efficient. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced interior window frame.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 12/28/2022

09/29/2022

Gareth M.

Extremely well. Mr Mendez and his crew are efficient, timely , clean and skilled. He bids a fair price and always promptly answers his phone. He exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Pop corn ceiling removal kitchen remodeling new vinyl flooring and baseboard

Category blind cleaning, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

05/23/2022

Kenneth S.

Excellent service, very professional, and did work fast.

Description of Work
Replaced shutters on my house

Category blind cleaning, handyman service, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 05/17/2022

05/14/2022

Tiffany H.

The Mendez Painting Team did a fabulous job with multiple carpentry renovation projects in our house. Extremely competitive prices with a very competent and professional staff Premium carpenter and The Painters did an amazing job with painting and completely revitalizing the exterior of my house My dormer windows were destroyed all the wood was rotten The carpenters made new dormers windows Trim boards below the roof replace Trim boards behind the front gutter are replaced . Front bay windows. all front windows now are new with composite trim boards The exterior of my house looked old now it looks new. very responsive and clearly communicates the work to be performed. I recommend them highly

Description of Work
Carpentry and Exterior Painting

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

03/09/2022

Antonio D.

My experience has been excellent. Mendez Painting Services LLC painted the whole house outside. Replace a lot of wood that had rotted, restore all the ceilings, and paint it. Replace some of the wood in the windows that were broken and paint all the windows

Description of Work
Exeterior and windows painting

Category remodeling, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

11/11/2021

Debbie B.

Mr. Mendez and his crew did an excellent job with our skylights installation and painting our shutters and also painting our kitchen and family room. He is very responsive and completed the work very efficiently. Will definitely be calling him again for more painting projects. Highly recommend him. UPDATED AS OF 02/27/2022: Mr. Mendez also replaced our stair railing. He built everything from scratch. He also replaced some light fixtures. He does so much more besides painting. We plan on calling him when we renovate our lower family room.

Description of Work
Replace skylights, paint exterior and interior

Category blind cleaning, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

11/04/2021

Nikki D.

Mr. Mendez and his crew showed up on time each day and did an excellent job. We appreciated the attention to detail and positive interactions. We are very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Stair Railing Replacment

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Review for Mendez Painting Services LLC - 3119 24th St S, Arlington, VA - 39532868

09/29/2021

Alan W.

Great! We knew there was some rotted wood, but found more as the project progressed, and although we thought we wanted the downspout painted white, once we saw it we realized it should have been painted to match the brick. The additional cost to replace the rotted wood (with pvc) was fair and the painters didn't grumble when I asked them to repaint the downspout - which required a 60 foot ladder! The painters checked all the window to make sure they would open and replaced the screens. The project took 3 weeks to complete and would have been finished sooner except for a few rain days. The clean up was good. I would definitely use Mr. Mendez again and recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
All exterior wood (window muntins, frames and sills, doors, dentil molding), vestibule, and down spout

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

08/17/2021

Monica B.

From beginning to end, the process was seamless. Mr. Mendez picked up the materials; he visited the work site daily to check quality assurance; and checked in with me daily to ensure I happy with the project as it progressed.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting & Tile Work

Category flooring contractor, pressure washing, house painters, patios

Work Completed On 08/14/2021

07/29/2021

KAREN W.

Mr. Mendez and his crew did an excellent job. They were courteous, punctual, neat, and gave us a fair price. Their workmanship was very good. I will definitely refer Mr. Mendez to family and friends.

Description of Work
Wainscoting, painting, chair railing, installing blinds

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

06/30/2021

Nancy D.

I would without hesitation procure Mr Mendez’s services again. The house transformed with the excellent painting work Jose and Mr Mendez did. They were prompt, and so hard working and it did seem they enjoyed what they were doing and took pride in the results. I think the patio awning installation was a new project for them but they researched and did a great install. They installed shutters to 13 windows. Mr Mendez and crew also did some related work as things came up, and all was done professionally and timely. I don’t think you can go wrong with Mendez Painting and Services.

Description of Work
Exterior brick house painting, shutter installation, door hardware, patio awning installation, window sill replacement, and other related projects.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Review for Mendez Painting Services LLC - 3119 24th St S, Arlington, VA - 39388719

06/20/2021

Emily G.

Normally I would not review a company I didn’t end up hiring but I want to highlight the impressive professionalism and responsiveness of Mr Mendez. I had planned to have my front door and shutters painted and realized only a couple of days before my scheduled job that actually my shutters were in bad shape that paint could not save. Mr Mendez worked with me to assess the situation and responded quickly to texts even over the weekend, ultimately recommending that I install new shutters that don’t require painting. Mr Mendez is very knowledgeable and helpful. I will not hesitate to use this company for future painting needs.

Description of Work
Painting exterior door and shutters

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

05/22/2021

Diana D.

Mr. Mendez was very professional. He gave me a detailed quote, always came to meet me when he said he would, he and his team were great, the job was finished quickly, and the house looks fantastic. We have already asked him to give us a quote for interior painting, I would highly recommend him. We live in Arlington, our front porch and back deck railing was rotting, a good deal of trim was also rotting in various places around the house (windows, doors, pillars all had pieces that needed replacing), paint was peeling, and there was some brick work that needed some repairs. He and his guys power washed the house, cleaned the gutters, scraped, painted, replaced trim, completely rebuilt deck railings, rewrapped pillars/posts, and painted the brick, rails, and trim. Very well done and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
exterior painting, handrails replaced, rotting trim replaced, gutters cleaned

Category gutter repair, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/22/2021

03/04/2021

Al F.

Excellent work. Mr Mendez is professional and punctual. Evaluated the work and proposed a workable solution. Mr Mendez is an excellent carpenter and I would recommend him for repair work.

Description of Work
Repairing stair post

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

02/13/2021

Antonio D.

I Look at Angie's list of companies that will repair the stairwell look at Mendez painting with very good reviews I decided to call him so that he can come to my house to see the problem when I was walked into the stairwell there was a lot of noise, Mr.Mendez Find something wrong when he did the inspection I found 2 Stair Strings was broken from the part where it connected to the second-floor Mr, Mendez recommended me to re-plaster it / and replaced 3 sections of thread single steps with white Oak and handrails and balusters he gave me a fair quote, I hired him to Make the projects. He did a great job now we are very satisfied the problem was fix very well and we have new stairwell and handrails was a good experience work with Mr. Mendez he was in the projects every day until the project was done we are very happy with Mendez Painting Team they did great work With the reasonable price I gladly recommend him for the high quality of work and communication Thank you, Antonio Di Paolo

Description of Work
re-plaster

Category blind cleaning, custom cabinets, drywall, flooring contractor, gutter repair, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, plastering, remodeling, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, water damage restoration, window cleaning, basement waterproofing, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, patios

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

02/10/2021

Delron W.

I was quoted 1200 to fix two carpet covered wooden stairs that became loose from someone who visually saw what needed fixing. I called someone else who quoted me 400 to 600 over the phone sight unseen and when the person came to do the job only charged me 178 because it was the minimum his handyman service allows. In all it was a 15min job so to make up for the hour allotted to the handy man he went over the whole stair case to insure the rest of my stairs would not have the same issue in the future. The original company Mendez painting either are scam artists or should stick to painting because they either know nothing about stair repair or the person who came to my home is highly dishonest.

Description of Work
Needed two stairs fixed

Category blind cleaning, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

thank you mr. costumer. for the comments when I was in your house to see your project I never gave you $1200 dollars quote. my quote was $500. for add 2 pieces of 4x4 post underneath of the stairwell and pull out the carpet of the 2 steps and repair 2 pieces of the step you get confused/ with the quote you don't hear me very well! unfortunately is require .wear mask. mr.client! we do our job as handyman for the last 30 years thank you

02/03/2021

Jeffrey S.

Very large parts of our wall and in fact two walls in a closet had to be ripped out. Mr. Mendez and his crew came in and did the job at a very competitive price and did an excellent job. We have used Mr. Mendez for a number of painting and other services. His advice and recommendations on what to do have been helpful. He has always done a great job and when we have seen a small problem he comes right back out and fixes it to our liking. We have hired him before and we will hire him again. Highly professional, highly responsible, highly responsive. Strongly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Fixed drywall

Category drywall, insulation, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

02/03/2021

Jeffrey S.

I have hired Mr. Mendez for five different interior paint projects, including kitchen cabinets, house interior, and condo interior to ready for renting and selling. He is amazing! Very trustworthy, great attention to detail, and very reasonable pricing. I would hire him again and again (and I have!) and recommend him highly for all your painting needs!

Description of Work
Various paint projects

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

11/28/2020

Linnard F.

MENDEZ Painting did an excellent job in matching my existing engineered wood flooring, removed carpet from steps and repalce with white oak with stain to match flooring. Also installed a 20 x 30 wall tile in basement that looks outstanding. Very professional crew with expert results.

Description of Work
ceramic wall tile, wood floor, wood steps

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/28/2020

Review for Mendez Painting Services LLC - 3119 24th St S, Arlington, VA - 39052203

11/07/2020

Alexander D.

The experience went very well. Mr. Mendez was both professional and courteous. I cannot say enough for his employee Jose who painted the front of the house. Jose was courteous, or his mask, and showed a lot of experience using the spray painter. He did not leave any mess Honda House or any Trash in the yard. I would hire this company again

Description of Work
was brick front of my house painted

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/29/2020

Nicolas B.

The Mendez crew did a great job painting my exterior wood siding! Mr. Mendez was very responsive to all communications, offered a competitive price, and was a pleasure to work with. Will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Painting of exterior wood siding

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/25/2020

Antonio D.

His team did a great job painting the interior of my single house. They showed up on time and were very professional and good at what they do. They completed the job in 2 days (walls, doors, trims, they also install cram molding chair molding wainscotting trim). Highly recommend!

Description of Work
interior painting

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

10/24/2020

Ed S.

The work was done timely and correctly. The Mendez company had to be exact because I had a CUSTOM door that was going to be installed and I have the work done to exact specifications. The project went off without a problem as the Mendez company found low cost ways for me to repair the damage and they properly prepared my home for the new custom door. Thanks Mendez Carpentry and Painting.

Description of Work
Need to have termite damage repaired

Category plastering, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2020